• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Welp looks like GC adapter is sold out everywhere in quebec
Shoulda preordered, teaches me not to severely underestimate the number of smashers here lmao.

Now i just need to go buy the game. Wii U pro will keep me satisfied til I get adapter

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
The fact that the C Stick works like Brawl (but worse) in Smash 4 greatly saddens me. My insides die a little more every time I try and DSmash out of Crouch and Dtilt instead.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
SSB4: we won't let you do any AT without patching them out, but you better learn how to do a single frame input perfectly if you feel like moving in the air all that much

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I can do retreating fairs fine in smash 4 with the c-stick. You just input the aerial right after holding back and it doesn't feel any different from the other game. You can even input the aerial first, you lose more momentum the longer you hold the c-stick, flicking it allows you to retain almost all if not all your momentum.

I'll probably make a video for people.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Every time I hit what should have been the start button, nothing happened. Did they set it as a different button and then just neglect to give out an instruction manual mentioning what the pause was?
Hit the P Key, dude.

I know, it's awkward when you're using an actual controller, but it's the P key on the keyboard.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Hey guys, if I could just derail the thread for a moment...

I'm making a survey about the PM characters to record first impressions and general info about the characters to help new players or players switching mains choose their characters. It's rather comprehensive, but I was just wondering if I missed anything and polish it before making a dedicated thread on the general board. The survey is here.

If you have the time, any critiques on the survey itself is appreciated. No need for submitting anything accurate either, just fill out whatever in the required sections to see the whole thing. Thanks!

--------

Anyway, back on topic, how's sm4sh working out for everybody? I'm planning on enjoying it vicariously through the rest of you since I can't afford a Wii U.
I love these types of surveys, filled one out for Diddy. Might do one for Fox but eh. Hopefully a lot of people answer these honestly because they are really interesting.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Hit the P Key, dude.

I know, it's awkward when you're using an actual controller, but it's the P key on the keyboard.
Ah, the P Key, like the pause shortcut for ZSNES. Is there an instruction manual with the game that they stopped giving out that has this information in it?

Everyone can talk about how their favorite character is trash now.

Good impressions for new players.
Trubbish for 4.0?

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Ah, the P Key, like the pause shortcut for ZSNES. Is there an instruction manual with the game that they stopped giving out that has this information in it?
Nope, I ended up finding it completely on accident. XD

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Damn, that's how I found out which key jumped. Thanks for the heads up, hopefully the P key is also the pause in After the Sequel, since that's next on my fangame playlist.
Nope, Pause key in AtS is Enter. ¦D

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
...You know, there was a time where I thought Smash 4 was basically going to be a new Brawl+ when it came out. I really liked Brawl+.

Instead, however, Smash 4 really looks, seems and feels like an incredibly strange and watered down new version of Balanced Brawl instead. And obviously, not in a good way. ¦D;
I never played Brawl + or Balanced Brawl before so I can't comment on it but i am curious on your matter on it.

Also http://animatorexpo.com/mememe/
Some trippy Japanese animated short that I found on Twitter which is NSFW( Not Safe For Work).

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I never played Brawl + or Balanced Brawl before so I can't comment on it but i am curious on your matter on it.

Also http://animatorexpo.com/mememe/
Some trippy Japanese animated short that I found on Twitter which is NSFW( Not Safe For Work).
...Goddamn. I was rooting for the poor guy in the end too, but now he's cause in a continuous loop. ****. D:

They must really enjoy messing with the players. Do they at least tell you how to pause for AtS? D:
It's actually right there in the game this time so yeah.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I can do retreating fairs fine in smash 4 with the c-stick. You just input the aerial right after holding back and it doesn't feel any different from the other game. You can even input the aerial first, you lose more momentum the longer you hold the c-stick, flicking it allows you to retain almost all if not all your momentum.

I'll probably make a video for people.
Can confirm

It didn't feel any different for me since I always flicked the c-stick.

~Dad~

part time gay dad

I'm making a survey about the PM characters to record first impressions and general info about the characters to help new players or players switching mains choose their characters. It's rather comprehensive, but I was just wondering if I missed anything and polish it before making a dedicated thread on the general board. The survey is here.

If you have the time, any critiques on the survey itself is appreciated. No need for submitting anything accurate either, just fill out whatever in the required sections to see the whole thing. Thanks!
I did a thing for the Squirtman. :007:

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012

--------

Anyway, back on topic, how's sm4sh working out for everybody? I'm planning on enjoying it vicariously through the rest of you since I can't afford a Wii U.
I also did the survey, and it seems very complete, made me think some stuff about my PM main that I hadn't think about, too bad I don't go to tournaments and couldn't help with the MU info, but like I said, it gathers a lot info that's sure to be helpful for newcomers.

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
So maybe reddit wasn't the best place to ask whether or not Shine is too overcentralizing

Edit: Apparently maining Bowser means I have no say in game mechanics guize

Attachments

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
So I have a confession
Until today, I'd never played Sm4sh 3DS.
I still stand by my previous opinion, though, it left a great first impression
I would main redhead female Robin, no questions asked
omg Poo ****ing buy it so we can fight already I want my big strong ganon to overwhelm your supple pretty little robin.

And yes, the game is fun, and good, and balanced. It's the best official rendition of Smash Bros. to date; I truly believe this.

Oh dudes I almost forgot to mention, I'm going to buy my friend's Wii tomorrow. Anything I should know? I mean it's for PM obv. But yeah I hope there are no issues keeping me from getting online and being able to finally start playin with you guys.

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
Who else got ORAS?

Be my friend and fangasm over the nostalgia with me
I'll get it once I'm done traveling, too hype, can't wait!

Also, everyone who legitimately filled out the survey thanks so much for going above and beyond the call of duty already. I'm glad the survey is doing its job. Will post in general now.

ZiggaWaTT

Smash Journeyman
I'll get it once I'm done traveling, too hype, can't wait!

Also, everyone who legitimately filled out the survey thanks so much for going above and beyond the call of duty already. I'm glad the survey is doing its job. Will post in general now.
Just filled mine out for Ike. Great survey

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Nuh Too busy with Sapphire

And I hate playing smash 4 ;-;
*just finished playing online on the 3DS* Me too. I ****ing hate it. >_>

And yet I'll never play PM online or with other people because no matter how good I get, I know I'll get destroyed and that's just no fun to me. At least I can actually figure out how characters work in PM, though. I haven't the slightest ****ing clue how people can move so fast in such a slugfest like Sm4sh.

Then again, I'm just salty because I was having pretty even matches most of the day until I played someone else and lost every match with the last one being against my own main. Completely rekt by a 16 year old.

I really should actually practice at Sm4sh. Too bad I don't feel the urge to now that the Wii U version is out.

Top Bottom