• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So yeah Gamestop finally released the footage Karissa the destroyer footage and if you want the answers of who was playing for her then here you go. Around the 2:45 mark.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Played through the most recent version of Sonic Before the Sequel. It's alright. Three things that bugged me about the game.
No Pause Feature
The jump sound effect
The music that plays when a boss is started isn't consistent with the actual boss fight musics

Other than that, it's a pretty nice game. Could do with a slightly higher resolution, but whatcha gonna do. Eggman having built eyes on all his boss machines is a little weird, but it's more amusing than anything. He is a pretty childish guy for a genius.
BtS DOES have a pause feature, though.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
So yeah Gamestop finally released the footage Karissa the destroyer footage and if you want the answers of who was playing for her then here you go. Around the 2:45 mark.
Yooooooooooooo

All I have to say is, all those people got ****ing beasted

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
Haven't the GC adapters been confirmed to be for Smash Wii U exclusively?

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
>go to gamestop to pick up ORAS
>Suddenly they announce a smash wii u tournament
>Winner gets a free amiibo
>Fug yes
>"Everyone will be using sideway wii remotes"
>OH****.PNG

I'd post a face but wii u gamepad sucks for finding faces.
I also got the link amiibo for winning.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
>go to gamestop to pick up ORAS
>Suddenly they announce a smash wii u tournament
>Winner gets a free amiibo
>Fug yes
>"Everyone will be using sideway wii remotes"
>OH****.PNG

I'd post a face but wii u gamepad sucks for finding faces.
I also got the link amiibo for winning.
Sounds like the most fraudulent tournament ever

Inb4 Plate starts having sideways wiimote turbo tourneys

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Yeah just saw that. I remember Nairo freaking out cuz he heard reports that the c-stick will randomly choose between bronze and levin. He's more than likely super happy right now

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
So I have a confession
Until today, I'd never played Sm4sh 3DS.
I still stand by my previous opinion, though, it left a great first impression
I would main redhead female Robin, no questions asked

Also, Little Mac feels terrible to me. A character with absolute zero air game? If this were any other smash game he'd be low tier

The huge knockback is also a bit of a gripe for me. Everything but jabs have too much KB for any sort of follow-up, even on Easy mode.

Player -0

Smash Hero
I played a bit of Smash 4 at Target until I realized that default was r shield and l grab. I finished playing and slid over casually to the PS4 and played some Infamous: First Light. I remember seeing a Wii U and regret not checking if there there was SSB4 demo.

Infamous:First Light was pretty cool though. Almost felt like a "Portal" situation, cool stuff with laser beams. Pew pew.

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
I'll admit that I did SD four times as Mac in training mode
Worst recovery in existence and Side B sends you pretty far when grounded, so attacking someone close to the ledge is a useless endeavor unless you know good spacing

Last edited:

Swampy948

Smash Cadet
I'll admit that I did SD four times as Mac in training mode
Worst recovery in existence and Side B sends you pretty far when grounded, so attacking someone close to the ledge is a useless endeavor unless you know good spacing
Little Mac seemed okay through the trailers, but has proven to be a flunk in the end. Like, everyone who plays him uses dash attack into forwardB into dash attack into dash attack, and repeat until either you SD or they fly off and edge guard the, with the neutral B

Last edited:

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, if I could just derail the thread for a moment...

I'm making a survey about the PM characters to record first impressions and general info about the characters to help new players or players switching mains choose their characters. It's rather comprehensive, but I was just wondering if I missed anything and polish it before making a dedicated thread on the general board. The survey is here.

If you have the time, any critiques on the survey itself is appreciated. No need for submitting anything accurate either, just fill out whatever in the required sections to see the whole thing. Thanks!

--------

Anyway, back on topic, how's sm4sh working out for everybody? I'm planning on enjoying it vicariously through the rest of you since I can't afford a Wii U.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Mech you use the word man child 300000 times more often than *the hell was this*
Because it's always applicable.

There is literally never a lack for pointless complaints about one thing or another in this thread, and for that matter, the community as a whole. You'd think people would do something about their problems instead of just talking about them. (barring the cases where they actually can't, that's different)
mech I've never played any ttgl video you linked, but what is your fav ttgl ost
Yes.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Hey guys, if I could just derail the thread for a moment...

I'm making a survey about the PM characters to record first impressions and general info about the characters to help new players or players switching mains choose their characters. It's rather comprehensive, but I was just wondering if I missed anything and polish it before making a dedicated thread on the general board. The survey is here.

If you have the time, any critiques on the survey itself is appreciated. No need for submitting anything accurate either, just fill out whatever in the required sections to see the whole thing. Thanks!

--------

Anyway, back on topic, how's sm4sh working out for everybody? I'm planning on enjoying it vicariously through the rest of you since I can't afford a Wii U.
Are you the guy who made a thread about that a while ago?

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey guys I have a pretty big dilemma with project m that I need help deciding on.

So I'm trying to swap to the L trigger for shielding since the R trigger is my wavedash trigger, I'm doing this so I can wavedash out of shield much easier. But here's the issue, now I don't know if I should be spot dodging with L or R? They both feel the same in comfortableness but this issue is really driving me crazy and I'm wayyy over thinking this. halp

The_NZA

Smash Lord
I have to seriously ask -- do you guys ever listen to Rad Brown Dad's Commentary and is that something y'all enjoy?

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
To be honest,I don't know.I don't think it had a Survey specifically,but asked people to discuss their mains in the interest of aiding new players.I'll look for it.

Here it is:http://smashboards.com/threads/working-on-a-guide-for-choosing-a-main-and-need-your-help.361570/

There is also one in several character discussion forums to gather info on that character specifically.
Oh, yeah! I even commented there, haha. I guess that explains where some of my questions came from.

I don't know what became of it or if it's still in progress. I'll look into it more.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
...You know, there was a time where I thought Smash 4 was basically going to be a new Brawl+ when it came out. I really liked Brawl+.

Instead, however, Smash 4 really looks, seems and feels like an incredibly strange and watered down new version of Balanced Brawl instead. And obviously, not in a good way. ¦D;

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Smash 4 Bundle just got here...time to finally try a GCC with this game heh.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Hey guys I have a pretty big dilemma with project m that I need help deciding on.

So I'm trying to swap to the L trigger for shielding since the R trigger is my wavedash trigger, I'm doing this so I can wavedash out of shield much easier. But here's the issue, now I don't know if I should be spot dodging with L or R? They both feel the same in comfortableness but this issue is really driving me crazy and I'm wayyy over thinking this. halp
But spot dodging is an action you do while already holding shield. Since you've decided you're going to use L for shielding then...that's your answer.

Top Bottom