• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
So you know how much of your foot you should use if you ever need to stomp him in the nuts.

Eh, I can agree that I would've preferred full 3D with Modern, but it's nothing I'll lose sleep over. The stages had the right looks and feels of the places they were based off of in my eyes, so I won't lost sleep over that either. I loved Sonic Rush, so I like 3DS Modern. Plus, 3DS Classic feels like he's straight our of S3&K, so I have no issues with him there. Plus, for me, the mods DO make up for any faults of the original because they often tweak them and fix them up. Hell, the Unleashed Project basically gives me Unleashed "as I truly imagined it". I'm willing to forgive a lot if something is done to make up for it by absolutely anyone, even myself. That's why I love Project M.

We're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one, but I do get where you're coming from, honestly.

Also...Can we just NOT talk about Sonic 4? Seriously, **** those games. Advance 1 was a better Sonic 4.
Sonic 4 could have been good if the team working on it didn't just make a game that was basically ripping off Sonic 1 and 2. Everytime I got to a new stage, I face-palmed at how I'd already done all that **** before and my friends and I laughed at it. Even the final boss of Episode 1 was just ripping S2 off.

Generations is fun to play, but I didn't find it as enjoyable as a good deal of the games referenced by it. 2D Sonic doesn't get any better than S3&K though. Played through the Advance series recently again, and I remember why I hate it. punishes you for not being psychic.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Sonic 4 could have been good if the team working on it didn't just make a game that was basically ripping off Sonic 1 and 2. Everytime I got to a new stage, I face-palmed at how I'd already done all that **** before and my friends and I laughed at it. Even the final boss of Episode 1 was just ripping S2 off.

Generations is fun to play, but I didn't find it as enjoyable as a good deal of the games referenced by it. 2D Sonic doesn't get any better than S3&K though. Played through the Advance series recently again, and I remember why I hate it. punishes you for not being psychic.
I absolutely love Advance 1 and love Advance 2 even more. They're on par with S3&K for me, as well as Sonic Rush.

Then again, you're talking to a person who unintentionally did a No Boost Run of Sonic Rush on his first playthrough for the entirety of the game without much difficulty because he had no information about the game prior to it and didn't know the Boost even existed. I only found out about it because I left the game on the Title Screen once to let it show off it's demo vid and then saw Sonic suddenly boosting everywhere, tried it out myself and then finally understood why the game was called "Sonic Rush"...Oh, and then finally knew how the hell to get the Chaos Emeralds with Sonic.

By the way, did you know that Rush plays just like Advance 2 when you don't boost? it even has Advance 2's "Boost Mode" that activates when you run long enough until your character breaks the sound barrier. ¦D

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Sonic Advance 2 was... okay. Too much Hold Right To Win and the emeralds were total bull**** to collect.

D

Deleted member

let this sink into your soul.

Y͓͇͕̣̙̰͎̙͎̣̗̝̥̬̯ͯͥ̄̎̌̐ͫ̐ͩͯͦ̈̏̔̽̽ͤͥͧo͙̠̗̫̭̪̪͇̠̯̗͎̙̫̖̠ͥ̑̈̔̉u͊̑̾ͮ̒ͫ̈́ͥ͑̚ ̤̮̩̦̼̝̺̳̖̪̣̼̜̲̬͕̗̮̥ͯ̅́̓͋̃͒ͧͥ̔̿̒̐c̩̲̤̬͖͔̺̰̾ͩͫ̐̈́͑ͦ̋̈̾a̳͕̪̥͙̦̗͍̝͔̠̒̓͆̓̉ͅn͔̥͉͖̩̝̘̖̣̝̱̳̪̙̽̿ͦ̂̓͐̏͒ͤ̅ͦ̋͋̚ ̞̪̘͇̻̹̮̯̙̹̺̬̺͈̮͖ͫ̏ͫ̓ n̲͍͎͇̩̰͔͔̻̲̮͙͖̐͂̆ͫ̂ͩͭ̉̊ͧ̎̇ͧͅͅe͇̩̙̺̮̗͉͙̮͓̱̞ͪ̅̿̑̓͊ͦ̿ͯv͈̙̤̳̹̗̳̓͑̈́ͤͦ̒̋̌͛̿ͩ̓̈́ͥ͑̓ḛ̫̗̞̋ͥ̑ͭ͗ͥ̃́̂̑͋̾r̼͇̣̹͇̲̮̭̫͖̤̺̦̜͋̓ͩ̽̉̐ͧ̚ ͈̫̺̮̿̊͑̏̔ͪ̔ͮ̃g͖͉̗̬͖̘̤̤̗͉̲͙̻̝͓ͥ̒ͨͪ̓͂̇̌ͅͅe͖̻̜̜̤̜̠̘̫̮͕̮̜͖͇̫̝̺͉̊̏̈ͯͫ̀̅t̞̺̩̹̻͕͉̬̪̤̱̞̺͉͖͑͊̐̆͌ͨͧ̾̾͑ͤ̋̿ͩͩ̐̅̎̚ ̲͚̱̟͈̗ͫ͑ͪ̓͌̈́͛͂̑ͨ̂̇̏̐ͫ̀͛ͦ ő̮̞̟̤͔̹̞͙͕̱̥͙̭̙̬̰̣͈̖ͦͩ̒͐̍̊ū̲͓̪̟̣̎ͣ̂͒ͧ̅ͧ̈́̆̚ṯ͈̜̣̱̹̭̹̭̥̃̑͗̐ͯ̈̔̎̐͆͊̚.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
SA2 special zone was you and tails in the plane?
No, that's Advance 3.

Advance 2 was you in a Sonic CD style stage with Zero from Sonic Adventure chasing you. (The robot that wanted to bang chased Amy)

Sonic Advance 2 was... okay. Too much Hold Right To Die
Fixed.

"Hold Right To Win" and "Boost To Win" are nothing but myths by people who either never played the games or sucked at the games but try to cover it up by talking like they required no action whatsoever.

Last edited:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
so who else is experiencing this lake effect? my school just got closed and I'm ****ing pumped
I live in Rochester, an hour from Buffalo (if you're living under a under a rock Buffalo just got the most snow... like ever...), and right on Lake Ontario (so generally when Buffalo gets ****ed with snow Rochester also gets ****ed).
And while Buffalo gets to deal with 6+ ft of snow or whatever, we've only had a few inches here.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
No, that's Advance 3.

Advance 2 was you in a Sonic CD style stage with Zero from Sonic Adventure chasing you. (The robot that wanted to bang chased Amy)

Fixed.

"Hold Right To Win" and "Boost To Win" are nothing but myths by people who either never played the games or sucked at the games but try to cover it up by talking like they required no action whatsoever.
Oh
It was still a *****

Have you played sonic the hedgehog: before the sequel or the after the sequel? They are fan games and they have amazing sound tracks.

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
Seems like you could get a b-reverse klaw even if he DIs at high enough percents.
Thanks for the info.Getting a klaw off a tech chase/edgeguard isn't too difficult, also CC klaw works well considering the grounded klaw has plentiful armor.
I'm not sure if it still works, but if you're doing it for tech chase, you're probably better served by downsmashing -- iirc DI doesn't work too well with it (?) and you can get a pretty free klaw off of that anyway.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Oh
It was still a *****

Have you played sonic the hedgehog: before the sequel or the after the sequel? They are fan games and they have amazing sound tracks.
YES.

MY GOD.

UGH.

I CAN'T EVEN

Seriously, I just replayed After the Sequel twice in the same day a couple weeks ago just on a whim to test out my 360 PC controller. Had a huge reminder of why I love it and BtS so much. Those two games are EXACTLY how Sega/Sonic Team should have approached a new classic style 2D game. Those games feel so good to play.

And yes, the music is absolutely orgasmic in both games. Especially in After the Sequel.

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I'm not sure if it still works, but if you're doing it for tech chase, you're probably better served by downsmashing -- iirc DI doesn't work too well with it (?) and you can get a pretty free klaw off of that anyway.
I'll try it out during the week. Bowser is looking really great in 3.5, only change I'm having trouble getting used to is the removal of the second hitbox of his dash attack.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I absolutely love Advance 1 and love Advance 2 even more. They're on par with S3&K for me, as well as Sonic Rush.

Then again, you're talking to a person who unintentionally did a No Boost Run of Sonic Rush on his first playthrough for the entirety of the game without much difficulty because he had no information about the game prior to it and didn't know the Boost even existed. I only found out about it because I left the game on the Title Screen once to let it show off it's demo vid and then saw Sonic suddenly boosting everywhere, tried it out myself and then finally understood why the game was called "Sonic Rush"...Oh, and then finally knew how the hell to get the Chaos Emeralds with Sonic.

By the way, did you know that Rush plays just like Advance 2 when you don't boost? it even has Advance 2's "Boost Mode" that activates when you run long enough until your character breaks the sound barrier. ¦D
I don't like the design of the Advance games, but Advance 2 was especially bad at it. The game intentionally gives you no information about what's coming and just expects you to know, so when you come running in, without giving you a full stop intentionally, you go off a bottomless drop and die instantly. The classic games would put you into positions where you could fall and die instantly, but it would always intentionally force you to slow down ahead of time when it was time to go into some platforming.

The bosses of Advance 2 were pretty stupid too. Only one boss in the entire game that wasn't an endless hallway and were typically pains in the ass for anyone who isn't named Cream the Rabbit, Boss 5 is especially bad for Knuckles since his jump is naturally the shortest and you have to jump high enough up to hit Eggman in the spot.

I didn't find Rush to be as obnoxious as Advance 2, since if I remember correctly, you tended to get advance warning when danger was coming.

To be fair, the majority of stages in Sonic Advance 2 were hold right to win, up til the late stages and the be psychic or die moments.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Any idea on why choa gardens were discontinued? And does anyone think if they got their own game(ex. The raving rabbits) it would be any good? I mean, after I got my all S rank in SA2B choa were the only reason I kept playing it. I spent so much more time there than I did with the game. After DX I was super sad about the new releases not including it. I don't even know anyone who didn't like choa.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Any idea on why choa gardens were discontinued? And does anyone think if they got their own game(ex. The raving rabbits) it would be any good? I mean, after I got my all S rank in SA2B choa were the only reason I kept playing it. I spent so much more time there than I did with the game. After DX I was super sad about the new releases not including it. I don't even know anyone who didn't like choa.
I don't think it would work very well as a full priced game, but if they were to create a Chao garden program and release it as it's own cheap downloadable game, I would probably play it. So long as I had all the options that I did in SA2, maybe more. Preferably with the ability to abuse Chao as Eggman when frustrated.

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Chao

Also they were probably discontinued because Sega is bad at making good decisions

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I don't like the design of the Advance games, but Advance 2 was especially bad at it. The game intentionally gives you no information about what's coming and just expects you to know, so when you come running in, without giving you a full stop intentionally, you go off a bottomless drop and die instantly. The classic games would put you into positions where you could fall and die instantly, but it would always intentionally force you to slow down ahead of time when it was time to go into some platforming.

The bosses of Advance 2 were pretty stupid too. Only one boss in the entire game that wasn't an endless hallway and were typically pains in the *** for anyone who isn't named Cream the Rabbit, Boss 5 is especially bad for Knuckles since his jump is naturally the shortest and you have to jump high enough up to hit Eggman in the spot.

I didn't find Rush to be as obnoxious as Advance 2, since if I remember correctly, you tended to get advance warning when danger was coming.

To be fair, the majority of stages in Sonic Advance 2 were hold right to win, up til the late stages and the be psychic or die moments.
Um...You DO realize that everyone has the same jump height in the Advance games, right? Knuckles doesn't have a shorter jump. I know the entirety of Advance 2 like the back of my hand and even use those extra moves that no one else uses just cause of how unneeded they mostly are.

Anyways, I never found the Advance games to be unfair at all. Especially not Advance 2. It was simply a case of "Get good or you're gonna die", so I just got good and had a great time. It's why I can't help but laugh at people who say Advance 2 and Heroes were hard and unfair when those two are my top favorite games in the franchise and I have no problem 100%ing them.

And I loved the bosses of Advance 2 since it's what I felt a Sonic boss SHOULD be like. I hate just sitting still most of the time, which is why the last XX Zone boss throws me off, but it's a cool boss with a great theme song, so I don't mind it.

And nah, none of the stages are "Hold Right to Win" at all. That's just being ignorant. No stage in that game can be won without casualties or death simply by holding right and doing nothing else. Advance 2 is just Classic Sonic except actually fast in my eyes.

Advance 3, however, is just plain weird. I dunno who thought it was a good idea to combine Sonic CD with Knuckles Chaotix. Seriously.

Anywho, you and I are clearly two VERY different types of Sonic fans. I like a majority of the stuff in the franchise and am not very picky at all while you...uh...don't? So how about we just agree to disagree and end out discussion here peacefully? <3

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
That's because you're using it to approach. Dash attack is not an approach.
I'm used to using it as a tech chase option, actually.
But yeah, I should be using the move less often.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Y͓͇͕̣̙̰͎̙͎̣̗̝̥̬̯ͯͥ̄̎̌̐ͫ̐ͩͯͦ̈̏̔̽̽ͤͥͧo͙̠̗̫̭̪̪͇̠̯̗͎̙̫̖̠ͥ̑̈̔̉u͊̑̾ͮ̒ͫ̈́ͥ͑̚ ̤̮̩̦̼̝̺̳̖̪̣̼̜̲̬͕̗̮̥ͯ̅́̓͋̃͒ͧͥ̔̿̒̐c̩̲̤̬͖͔̺̰̾ͩͫ̐̈́͑ͦ̋̈̾a̳͕̪̥͙̦̗͍̝͔̠̒̓͆̓̉ͅn͔̥͉͖̩̝̘̖̣̝̱̳̪̙̽̿ͦ̂̓͐̏͒ͤ̅ͦ̋͋̚ ̞̪̘͇̻̹̮̯̙̹̺̬̺͈̮͖ͫ̏ͫ̓ n̲͍͎͇̩̰͔͔̻̲̮͙͖̐͂̆ͫ̂ͩͭ̉̊ͧ̎̇ͧͅͅe͇̩̙̺̮̗͉͙̮͓̱̞ͪ̅̿̑̓͊ͦ̿ͯv͈̙̤̳̹̗̳̓͑̈́ͤͦ̒̋̌͛̿ͩ̓̈́ͥ͑̓ḛ̫̗̞̋ͥ̑ͭ͗ͥ̃́̂̑͋̾r̼͇̣̹͇̲̮̭̫͖̤̺̦̜͋̓ͩ̽̉̐ͧ̚ ͈̫̺̮̿̊͑̏̔ͪ̔ͮ̃g͖͉̗̬͖̘̤̤̗͉̲͙̻̝͓ͥ̒ͨͪ̓͂̇̌ͅͅe͖̻̜̜̤̜̠̘̫̮͕̮̜͖͇̫̝̺͉̊̏̈ͯͫ̀̅t̞̺̩̹̻͕͉̬̪̤̱̞̺͉͖͑͊̐̆͌ͨͧ̾̾͑ͤ̋̿ͩͩ̐̅̎̚ ̲͚̱̟͈̗ͫ͑ͪ̓͌̈́͛͂̑ͨ̂̇̏̐ͫ̀͛ͦ ő̮̞̟̤͔̹̞͙͕̱̥͙̭̙̬̰̣͈̖ͦͩ̒͐̍̊ū̲͓̪̟̣̎ͣ̂͒ͧ̅ͧ̈́̆̚ṯ͈̜̣̱̹̭̹̭̥̃̑͗̐ͯ̈̔̎̐͆͊̚.

H̟̬͇͍̔͛̄̈ͣͦ͜E̹̳̭̣͖͕ͩ͌ͯ̔̿́̾́ ̮̘͚̼̍C̛̥̒̃Ò͖̥ͩM̥ͫ̊ͤ́E̻ͦ͊͋Ŝ̪̬̻̊̄̿ͅ

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Um...You DO realize that everyone has the same jump height in the Advance games, right? Knuckles doesn't have a shorter jump. I know the entirety of Advance 2 like the back of my hand and even use those extra moves that no one else uses just cause of how unneeded they mostly are.

Anyways, I never found the Advance games to be unfair at all. Especially not Advance 2. It was simply a case of "Get good or you're gonna die", so I just got good and had a great time. It's why I can't help but laugh at people who say Advance 2 and Heroes were hard and unfair when those two are my top favorite games in the franchise and I have no problem 100%ing them.

And I loved the bosses of Advance 2 since it's what I felt a Sonic boss SHOULD be like. I hate just sitting still most of the time, which is why the last XX Zone boss throws me off, but it's a cool boss with a great theme song, so I don't mind it.

And nah, none of the stages are "Hold Right to Win" at all. That's just being ignorant. No stage in that game can be won without casualties or death simply by holding right and doing nothing else. Advance 2 is just Classic Sonic except actually fast in my eyes.

Advance 3, however, is just plain weird. I dunno who thought it was a good idea to combine Sonic CD with Knuckles Chaotix. Seriously.

Anywho, you and I are clearly two VERY different types of Sonic fans. I like a majority of the stuff in the franchise and am not very picky at all while you...uh...don't? So how about we just agree to disagree and end out discussion here peacefully? <3
Is that so? You're right. I'm remembering Knuckles in most games having a short jump height and just assumed that they carried that over. My mistake.

I find the stage design to be kind of a big middle finger at times in the Advance series. I remember one specific point in SA3 where you're supposed to spin dash across this gap, yet if you don't stop immediately after, you fall to your death. Another time in SA1 where if you go right, as you're naturally programmed to want to when you reach a certain area, you fall back to the start of the stage and have to redo the entire stage. The bosses all seem like they're built around Cream, since she basically automatically wins without having to do anything.

Well yeah, you can't literally hold right and win. That's an over-simplification of the design, but it's intended to mean that the stages up to a point are designed very simplistically, especially when you're only running to the end and not trying to find the coins to get to the bonus stage.

I like Sonic Advance 3, except that there are certain team combinations that are just absolutely trash. Knuckles with Sonic for instance removes his glide/climb in favor of this awkward headbutt. Much love for Knux/Tails and the double-jump glide with the superhero pose.

Yeah, we're very different Sonic fans. But I've always assumed that our back and forths were pretty peaceful. I look forward to the next one. :)

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Oh my god I just noticed in the stats at the end of a match
It tells you the percentage of L-cancels you got
Also was the amount of grabs/throws/smashes/edge grabs in brawl?
Because I don't remember these stats

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Is that so? You're right. I'm remembering Knuckles in most games having a short jump height and just assumed that they carried that over. My mistake.

I find the stage design to be kind of a big middle finger at times in the Advance series. I remember one specific point in SA3 where you're supposed to spin dash across this gap, yet if you don't stop immediately after, you fall to your death. Another time in SA1 where if you go right, as you're naturally programmed to want to when you reach a certain area, you fall back to the start of the stage and have to redo the entire stage. The bosses all seem like they're built around Cream, since she basically automatically wins without having to do anything.

Well yeah, you can't literally hold right and win. That's an over-simplification of the design, but it's intended to mean that the stages up to a point are designed very simplistically, especially when you're only running to the end and not trying to find the coins to get to the bonus stage.

I like Sonic Advance 3, except that there are certain team combinations that are just absolutely trash. Knuckles with Sonic for instance removes his glide/climb in favor of this awkward headbutt. Much love for Knux/Tails and the double-jump glide with the superhero pose.

Yeah, we're very different Sonic fans. But I've always assumed that our back and forths were pretty peaceful. I look forward to the next one. :)
I won't say anything in Advance 3's defense. It's stage design actually bothered me quite a bit, but I don't hate it. I just find it weird. And yeah, there's literally no reason to play anything aside from Knux/Tails and pretty much any combination with Cream in it.

And I wasn't saying they weren't peaceful. They were. I'm just politely trying to say "Hey dude, I'm kinda of talking to you about this. New topic now?" ¦D

I'm really not sure what to expect from the next game, though. I can't be hopeful or doubtful. Just...curious and wary.

Then again, **** that. I love Sonic, so I'm still hopeful for the next game. ¦3

Could you have done that in 2 paragraphs instead of 4 and a half?
/salt
You're asking two Sonic fans if they could have done things more simply.

Think about that for a moment. ¦D

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I won't say anything in Advance 3's defense. It's stage design actually bothered me quite a bit, but I don't hate it. I just find it weird. And yeah, there's literally no reason to play anything aside from Knux/Tails and pretty much any combination with Cream in it.

And I wasn't saying they weren't peaceful. They were. I'm just politely trying to say "Hey dude, I'm kinda of talking to you about this. New topic now?" ¦D

I'm really not sure what to expect from the next game, though. I can't be hopeful or doubtful. Just...curious and wary.

Then again, **** that. I love Sonic, so I'm still hopeful for the next game. ¦3

You're asking two Sonic fans if they could have done things more simply.

Think about that for a moment. ¦D
New topic! Knuckles vs Applejack. GO!

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
New topic! Knuckles vs Applejack. GO!
Leeet's not go there. There's already a video for that, anyway. ¦D

I'm gonna go back to the Knuckles & Knuckles discussion in the Smash 4 Social Thread now.

Enjoy this in the mean time.

Top Bottom