• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
People forgot about this but the reason why is that some stages online lagged hard and thus making online even worse so that's why FD/BD and SV seen alot of use in basic brawl also taunt parties were all over the place later on.
The only stages that lagged hard in Brawl's Wifi would be the transformative stages, such as Lylat Cruise, Warioware, and Castle Siege. Both Lylat and CS had lag hiccups when the next area was loading, much like when Zelda/Sheik/Samus/Zamus/Pokemon Trainer would transform/switch.

Last edited:

JOE!

Smash Hero
So, how come nodboy has talked about how you can customize your moveset yet?

Think that'll ever be allowed competitively?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Considering that there wouldn't be a way to transfer said custom movesets from setup to setup easily, I seriously doubt it.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I love how people bash For Glory mode when it's for With anyone and if you play with friends you can still make your own rules
I know right?

also that Destroyed Final Destination Stage was probably one of the most beautiful stages I have seen in any Smash game EVER. seriously.

Pickledpotatoes

Smash Journeyman
So, how come nodboy has talked about how you can customize your moveset yet?

Think that'll ever be allowed competitively?
If you can quickly do it and assign it to your nametag, maaaaaybe. If not, then it will most likely not be done.

What if DK could aim his neutral B upward? Sakurai pls

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
custom movesets excites me

actually

everything excites me

a bit sad I'm losing Zelda/Shiek, but everything else is so DAMN good

JOE!

Smash Hero
Yeah, that's the only thing...

Like, if you could do it quickly in the "Custom Control" menu... like when you select B it'd go:

SPECIAL 1
SPECIAL 2
----

and so on...

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
It's way too early to dismiss custom movesets when you don't know ANYTHING about how they're implemented into the game (let alone how they work).

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
To the people who are / were staunchly in favor of keeping Zelda/Sheik as a transforming character: how does this Smash 4 announcement strike you? Whatchu think??

To the PMBR: pls consider separating them Kappa

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

Custom movesets seem very cool but is going to be a very slippery slope later down the line.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
To the people who are / were staunchly in favor of keeping Zelda/Sheik as a transforming character: how does this Smash 4 announcement strike you? Whatchu think??

Why not have them both as a transforming character? You can pick them separately on the screen and then start as one or the other, but be able to transform regardless of which one you are. (I think you can currently hold down a button to do this atm). But as an addition, they could implement the option to put a move for downb instead of having it transform, if you set this on your controller settings, as a nod to this new custom moveset thing (of course, well after Smash 4 is released to avoid issues)

I'm not sure how Brawl's code is even formatted or if that's feasible. But hey, a PMBR wizard could do it.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome

extra move = profit

Zelda can nao be campy with down b spam

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599

To the people who wanted them to stay as transforming characters: what the **** are you on? no One really played Zeldiek, and that "Worst Down-B Ever" Joke had to honestly die.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
How so? Like, for future games in the series or..?
In terms of use, potential busted stuff later down the line also the glitches that can come with it. On a competitive discussion about it, it's gonna be hella banned due to time constraints and complications.

Also Mega Man gif of the night. This gif is asking for a redo of the Mega man's blasting at the Capcom logo for all of the mistreatment over the past few years.

Last edited:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
In terms of use and potential busted stuff later down the line also the glitches that can come with it. On a competitive discussion about it, it's gonna be hella banned.

Also Mega Man gif of the night
now we wait for someone to photoshop the Capcom Logo in the firing range.........

JOE!

Smash Hero
In terms of use, potential busted stuff later down the line also the glitches that can come with it. On a competitive discussion about it, it's gonna be hella banned.
Well, I think it is too early to outright dismiss it. Depending on the ease of use of it it may be worthwhile, who knows

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Kid Buu getting blasted with Capcom logo on his face would be the good replacement.

Last edited:

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Smash 4 is looking alright, but folks saying that Sakurai is giving big nods to the competitive community is ridiculous IMO. Balance can be a concern at any level, and giving us 24-plus flavors of final destination does nothing to demonstrate the basic gameplay and environment on the stage.
That being said, the game does seem compelling, and custom movesets is something I'd like to hear more about.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
If custom movesets are as simple as selecting your super in street fighter, it'll probably be in tournaments.
If not, maybe.
I'm for customization in competitive play, personally.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
yo PMBR better step up bc this smash is actually looking better and better, probably a legit reason to buy a wii u now
It's always been a legit reason to buy a Wii U, imo.
However, with all the stuff Sakurai's been doing, I might actually play it.
Still 2nd to PM and Melee for me.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Smash 4 is looking alright, but folks saying that Sakurai is giving big nods to the competitive community is ridiculous IMO. Balance can be a concern at any level, and giving us 24-plus flavors of final destination does nothing to demonstrate the basic gameplay and environment on the stage.
That being said, the game does seem compelling, and custom movesets is something I'd like to hear more about.
while the FD only mode for free online is debatable, him giving an option for hazardless stages, as well as tweaking characters that needed to be tweaked(Zelda, Olimar) are certainly signs that he is giving some nods.

Top Bottom