• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Zero Suit Samus looks so damn hot, like daaaaaaaaaaamn brb gotta change my pants.
Sorry Rosalina, looks like I'm sticking with my babe for Smash 4.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Is it sad that I'm wondering about mods for the new Smash game already? Not implying it'll suck or anything like that, but I'm really curious to see what can be done.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Smash4 is going to be such a gorgeous game. It's a shame PMBR isn't going to go on to create Project M-2. I really would like to see PM with these visuals in HD.
PMBR, you should really, REALLY consider endorsing the Smash3 project or creating your own graphics overhaul. Complete with an HD pack for WiiUsers.
I know anybody can just add in their own textures/etc anyway, but it's not at all the same. It wouldn't be standard at tourneys, it couldn't be used on dolphin netplay (I think), and you'd have to add it back in for every update.

linky for the benefit of others: http://i.4cdn.org/vg/src/1397016633124.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
It's always been a legit reason to buy a Wii U, imo.
However, with all the stuff Sakurai's been doing, I might actually play it.
Still 2nd to PM and Melee for me.
Right now for me its looking like...

Sm4sh > PM > Melee > 64 > Brawl

But right now Sm4sh has me at maximum hype.

Sure when the game eases down into it's actual placement it will be like...
Sm4sh = pm > Melee > 64 = Brawl

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
For all the people calling on the PMBR to make a Project M out of this Smash... I'm really thinking, if they ever decide to do it at all, that it will be several years after the game's release, similar to Brawl. Making a mod so early on a game like this is just asking for it. I'm not saying they shouldn't look into it, I'm just saying it should not be made public or be discussed in any way casually until -several- years after this Smash, ideally after they've announced some kind of Smash 5.

(in other words... they're probably already going to do it. They just won't tell you yet :) )

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm sure people on BrawlVault are getting straight to work on a quality Sm4sh 4-based FD. This FD looks incredible.

And I seriously wish a PM2 were possible, but as far as I know the guys behind Wiibrew/Hackmii related work aren't touching the Wii U (and with proper patching in place now, maintaining a presence will be nearly impossible).

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm not calling on them to make a Project M out of Smash 4, Saph. It's just amazing to see the modding community at large reverse engineer Brawl like they did and in so many ways. The potential, the possibilities, y'know?

Smooth Criminal

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I'm not calling on them to make a Project M out of Smash 4, Saph. It's just amazing to see the modding community at large reverse engineer Brawl like they did and in so many ways. The potential, the possibilities, y'know?

Smooth Criminal
Yeah, I definitely get your point. I really enjoy imagining the possibilities, too. :p I guess I was mostly replying to the other people calling for Smash 4 PM directly, though some may have just been referring to BrawlVault like Gamedominator mentioned about FD.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Looking at the Direct again and again and just seeing how gorgeous this game is (even sneaking the old Smash 64 theme in there) makes me almost tear up.

I know we like to give Sakurai a lot of sh*t, sometimes joking, sometimes not......but at the end of the day we gotta give the guy credit. The man works his ass off to give us these amazing games. Spending the nights in the office in the winter during Melee's development, moving closer to work just so he can start work earlier, working strict deadlines, getting calcific tendonitis on his forearm telling us it's no biggie and it won't stop him from working. The guy just will not rest until everything is perfect, and he's created a fun, chaotic, and quality game that people can enjoy for years to come. No DLC or preorder bonuses here, Sakurai aims to give us a complete product packed to the gills with all the extra content and fan-service we could ever want. Obviously we all wouldn't be here without that knucklehead. So again, for all the weird decisions he can make, he has all of our respect.

EDIT: If the PMBR were to work on PM2 (I highly doubt they would want to.... I mean... they do have lives), so be it. But as long as Smash 4 is a fun and enjoyable game (it already has no tripping, so that's an automatic win), isn't that all that matters?

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I've always felt that if Smash 4 felt similar to Brawl+ (well, maybe not with combos that ridiculous), I'd be pretty okay with that. Honestly, with all the interesting changes to characters alongside real attempts to balance the cast in general, I'm sure I may end up spending far more time on the core of Smash 4 than I ever did with Brawl.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Eh, it's just an old Brawl joke based on people not understanding what that phrase means. Don't worry about it.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
YOOOOOOO so I just figured out you can do brawl platform cancels pretty easily in PM by just holding A and tapping down on the c-stick as you pass through a moving platform
guess I know what I'm practicing all night

SunJester

Smash Ace
Seeing all this stuff about Smash 4 makes me kinda sad. P:M is the last smash game that I sat down and played with my friends. That was a year ago. A small part of me doesn't really want to buy Smash 4 because I know it will just be me, unlocking all the characters and then just playing a few rounds with AI, since the match-making isn't looking promising in the least. My brother might play a round or two with me, but in the past I've been able to get 3 other friends over and just play a tonne of each game.The last time that happened was just after 2.5 was released. Even then, the last time I played P:M with anyone was with my brother when 3.0 came out. We played probably 3-4 rounds and I beat him each one. I think the only reason he did it was because I was so excited to play the new demo, so he humoured me. I've been dogging friends asking them if they want to play, but as soon as I bring up anything competitive, or I beat them once, they don't want to do that in the least. One of my coworkers says he'd like to play, but he's "too busy" (getting drunk twice a week, hell, I even offered to bring my CRT, Wii and controllers to HIS house.)

I suppose it had to end at some point. People get older, and move on. Just promise y'all will stream it, so I can at least pretend I'm still playing the game with friends.

Err I mean.

Final Destination looks awesome, hype stuff.

Hype.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Where do you live? Are there not tournaments there?
The sadness you feel is the same reason I go to tournaments. That, and I want to win.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
I find it sad that everyone automatically dismisses custom specials as "non competitive", "too hard to set up" or "broken" when from experience I can say it brings one of the most enjoyable depth of play that I've ever seen and the hypest thing of all the direct. Everyone just needs to go play Hisoutensoku imo.

I'm still waiting to see more details about the mode, but if it's somehow linked to your tag like custom controls then it will definitely be useable at a large scale.

#Sma****yourway
Edit : #Smashityourway lmao

Last edited:

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Smash4 is going to be such a gorgeous game. It's a shame PMBR isn't going to go on to create Project M-2. I really would like to see PM with these visuals in HD.
PMBR, you should really, REALLY consider endorsing the Smash3 project or creating your own graphics overhaul. Complete with an HD pack for WiiUsers.
I know anybody can just add in their own textures/etc anyway, but it's not at all the same. It wouldn't be standard at tourneys, it couldn't be used on dolphin netplay (I think), and you'd have to add it back in for every update.

linky for the benefit of others: http://i.4cdn.org/vg/src/1397016633124.jpg
I'm going to be using the Smash3 project when it's done, at the very least. I love it and some members are fond of the aesthetics.

@ teluoborg teluoborg , I kinda hope we look at it like xT's community looked at the gem system.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I find it sad that everyone automatically dismisses custom specials as "non competitive", "too hard to set up" or "broken" when from experience I can say it brings one of the most enjoyable depth of play that I've ever seen and the hypest thing of all the direct.
There are people that dislike this?

I know for one that I wouldn't mind modifying my characters moves to match my playstyle.

It's like them modifying their controller set up to match how they play the game.

While it may not be super ideal it also sounds much more fun for players to have their own preferred styles with their characters. Hell, there would be a metagame for customizing characters as well probably,

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I've got really high hopes for sm4sh now.

I mean I was already going to get it but I kind of fell into the mindset that it wasn't going to be comparable to project M.

That direct squashed all of those thoughts and in the end it looks like a smash game that I won't be able to ever fully put down. It's too different, yet the same from what I can see.

Melee was like that too, but Project M essentially used Melee as a base so I could put Melee to rest.
(Although I still play Melee too)

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
@ SunJester SunJester Where do you live, dude? You should really try to make it out to a tournament sometime, it's the best way to get to know people who would want to play. The Smash community is awesome and you can make a lot of great friendships if you get out there. Even if you're not playing PM, you're at least playing some Smash with other people who love the game just as much as you do.

Top Bottom