• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
I think both Sakurai and the PMBR can learn from each other (some changes on the movesets could actually fit well in PM, e.g. some of the jab changes or Sheiks bomb [who uses chain in PM]). Smash 4 will be a great game for sure, I doubt it will be balanced but with all new features etc it will still be great. PM will remain my main game because of the competitiveness.
I have great respect for Mr. Sakurai because although he kind of failed a bit with Brawl and also got much negative feedback, he steps it up and presents an awesome game, listening to the community and implementing much of what they wanted.
Gameplaywise, Smash 4 probably has a good combo game from what I have seen, but the platform and ledge game will probably decrease (:(), so much focus on FD is a little hint, as well as more characters been given other stuff to deal with projectiles. Also I assume there won't be that many ATs which make up at least some part of the beauty in Smash for me.

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
I think both Sakurai and the PMBR can learn from each other (some changes on the movesets could actually fit well in PM, e.g. some of the jab changes or Sheiks bomb [who uses chain in PM]). Smash 4 will be a great game for sure, I doubt it will be balanced but with all new features etc it will still be great. PM will remain my main game because of the competitiveness.
I have great respect for Mr. Sakurai because although he kind of failed a bit with Brawl and also got much negative feedback, he steps it up and presents an awesome game, listening to the community and implementing much of what they wanted.
Gameplaywise, Smash 4 probably has a good combo game from what I have seen, but the platform and ledge game will probably decrease (:(), so much focus on FD is a little hint, as well as more characters been given other stuff to deal with projectiles. Also I assume there won't be that many ATs which make up at least some part of the beauty in Smash for me.
Yes, this. This is actually exactly as I was hoping for the potential Zelda changes. In my head, Zelda wasn't different enough from the cast. Here you have the one chance to have a 'mage' in Smash in playstyle and trying to fully flesh out the moveset to get that feeling of an AoE/Crowd Control mage would be wonderful.

Also, I bet you Jigglypuff is going to get changed in some way to represent her fairy typing! Hint hint to those who want Jiggly buffs.

Smash 4 is actually starting to have me legitimately question P:M's chance of survival since it's building up to be so respectable. Even if its not nearly as competitive as P:M could be, it's shaping up to not be disappointing...though the moment we find hitstun cancelling I suppose we could just give up there.

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
I don't think it will damage PM that much because PM gets regular updates and will therefore have the better balance and I bet they also have some flashy stuff for the next versions.
Still, Smash 4 is better than I expected so far and will probably attract new players as well as Brawl players more than PM does.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
what did you do to clean up the forums just now @ Warchamp7 Warchamp7
likes are less obnoxious looking, siggies too, among other things

EDIT: Also I bet that gif would look better if it looped back into itself in reverse instead of jumping from the last frame to the first frame

Last edited:

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
Makes me wonder if the 3DS version will have the Melee airdodge and Wii U the Brawl airdodge... OR if the two can be switched in the game options...

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
The Melee Airdodge is long gone and it's never coming back. Sooner you know about the less ticked off you'll be.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm pretty sure the physics will be consistent between both games. Wouldn't make sense to have them different in that way.

Overall, the more I keep watching the direct the more I want to play this game. PM's never gonna die for me (Ike + everyone else in a Melee-based environment is way too good to pass up), but I have a much more positive approach to this Smash. Plus, Smash 4's main theme is way hella better than Brawl's. I feel like Hirokazo Ando was responsible because it sounds exactly like his work.

Last edited:

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure the physics will be consistent between both games. Wouldn't make sense to have them different in that way.

Overall, the more I keep watching the direct the more I want to play this game. PM's never gonna die for me, but I have a much more positive approach to this Smash. Plus, Smash 4's main theme is way hella better than Brawl's. I feel like Hirokazo Ando was responsible because it sounds exactly like his work.
Yeah, have to agree with you, he brings greatness. Plus it's soundtrack is already shaping up to be better than Brawl's in every way.

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
I had such a great idea about an AT which would make PM even better and raise the skill cap and probably also make PM more balanced...
and I forgot it...
:(

lol probably it was a nice idea but not that deciding and I will remember tomorrow and post it anyways and nobody will care, but you never know, maybe there is something great stored deep in my head right now ^^

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I can hope can't I? ;_;
No, because that will leave you with unrealistically high expectations that will not get met, and you will be more disappointed with an otherwise decent game than you should be, and your preconceived bias will prevent you from having your deserved fun with it.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
No, because that will leave you with unrealistically high expectations that will not get met, and you will be more disappointed with an otherwise decent game than you should be, and your preconceived bias will prevent you from having your deserved fun with it.
Wavedashing is just icing on the cake for me; good sir.

....or strawberries.
Love me some strawberries...

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I can hope can't I? ;_;
You can have hope but you always wanna be wary and have not too much. Remember when Brawl came out and everyone and their mother had hope the size of coconuts and then the coconut tree blew down by the winds of disappointment, bias and salt and thus the tree came to be no longer and created wars of words and segregation.

Last edited:

Pickledpotatoes

Smash Journeyman
Pic of the day. Pikachu's Thunder now starts off with a thundercloud that deals a Meteor Smash! From left to right, you can see this combo starting with Pikachu throwing the opponent upward, Meteor Smashing with the lightning strike, and then directly attacking. Foes can dodge, of course, so the attack won't hit consistently, but when it does, it sure feels good!

So... Brawl hitstun? Or is the attack just slow?

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Pic of the day. Pikachu's Thunder now starts off with a thundercloud that deals a Meteor Smash! From left to right, you can see this combo starting with Pikachu throwing the opponent upward, Meteor Smashing with the lightning strike, and then directly attacking. Foes can dodge, of course, so the attack won't hit consistently, but when it does, it sure feels good!

So... Brawl hitstun? Or is the attack just slow?
Or just dodge while they are in the air.

Or techroll when they hit the floor.

You can have hope but you always wanna be wary and have not too much. Remember when Brawl came out and everyone and their mother had hope the size of coconuts and then the coconut tree blew down by the winds of disappointment, bias and salt and thus the tree came to be no longer and created wars of words and segregation.
I loved brawl for 5 years.

Melee took that spot back one day somehow and then I found out about project M.

Now it's just kind of there. That's only because we liked the speed that Melee and P:M played more. Sm4sh looks fast enough so it's bound to stay on my list till the next smash comes out.

Pickledpotatoes

Smash Journeyman
All of those things could be the case, of course, but he said you could dodge right after describing the combo, so it seems that would be the case. Honestly, If Sakurai mentioned teching, I doubt he'd just call it a dodge. It doesn't really matter until we're 100% sure about the hitstun mechanics, but that post is definately making me wary.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I am hoping melee air dodge doesn't come back anyway, but realistically even if I wanted it to I know not to expect it.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
The Brawl air dodge actually makes sense as an air dodge. I just think it needs heavy landing lag and a limitation is all.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Brawl air dodges are fine since they aren't overpowered; you can still do some setups that can guarantee damage, same with how people bait out spotdodges or rolls in Melee.

Bryonato

Green Hat
I'd be fine with brawl airdodge if it had all the traits listed above and preferably you could only do it once while in the air

Top Bottom