• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
max is the kind of guy who plays more 3S than SF4. aka: the best guy

JOIN US, MAXIMILIAN. ASSIMILATE

Vashimus

Smash Master
I'm kinda surprised, because knockback is actually really high in Smash 4 right now. Like, really really high. I remember killing someone with Samus' down throw. DOWN THROW.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
actually most throws are like that IIRC

I know gimpyfish described it as "almost as good as getting a grab in 64"

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Yo if everyone get zero death combos or close to it in the final product of smash 4 then I'll be down.

Last edited:

Sashimi

Smash Ace
Solve the melee airdodge vs brawl airdodge problem forever, Sakurai. Remove airdodging completely!

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
nah, it's not like 64's where you're getting a guaranteed kill off of a grab, the grab just has massive knockback most of the time so it kills really easily

I'd play a game that plays like 64 2.0 tho

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I spent a lot of the past three days trying to explain to myself why I like nintendo so damn much. like, every other AAA publisher has turned me into a cynical shell that despises that they treat their employees like hell, but when I see nintendo I see genuinely happy people, but I could never explain it without getting into paragraph-long rants

then this was posted on twitter

that. see that? whereas every other company is threatening with layoffs recently, that's nintendo. that video alone

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Everyone secretly loves Nintendo despite ups and downs we all love Nintendo in this pool and rehashed mediocrity and million dollar budgets. Without them we lose the main source of light within the gaming darkness.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
Remember when game consoles were different? Like literally.

When I was little, the N64, Playstation, and Dreamcast were three totally different systems. Same went for Gamecube, PS2, and Xbox. Different specs and radically different libraries.

Nowadays it's pretty much just Nintendo, and then everyone else.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I spent a lot of the past three days trying to explain to myself why I like nintendo so damn much. like, every other AAA publisher has turned me into a cynical shell that despises that they treat their employees like hell, but when I see nintendo I see genuinely happy people, but I could never explain it without getting into paragraph-long rants

that. see that? whereas every other company is threatening with layoffs recently, that's nintendo. that video alone
Real talk?
The first 10 seconds of the song are so catchy. I could listen to that all day.

oh ****

Last edited:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Remember when game consoles were different? Like literally.

When I was little, the N64, Playstation, and Dreamcast were three totally different systems. Same went for Gamecube, PS2, and Xbox. Different specs and radically different libraries.

Nowadays it's pretty much just Nintendo, and then everyone else.
It's sad to see how the industry has developed in some ways.
Too many games are just bastardized, rehashed, and all around poorly developed. Yet they sell like hotcakes.
For every Shadow of the Colossus, you have fifty Call of Duties/Maddens/*insert fifteenth sequel here* that are FAAAAAR outselling.
The people shelling out the money to develop these games don't like risks. Why take a risk on a new IP when we can just reskin the same game from last year, and hit record breaking sales? It probably costs them less money to pump out another CoD and they will make significantly more in return.
The "true" gamer audience is much smaller than the rest of the video game market. By true gamer, I mean those of us who see and experience games as you would any traditional art. It used to be that we were just about the only people buying video games. If you go back and look at the libraries of old consoles it really shows. The ratio of good games vs crap was nowhere near what it is today.
As gaming has grown we have become the minority really. Most gamers today are casual, or simply don't appreciate games in the same way we do.

And don't even get me started about how developers began to make their games for the lowest common denominator. I almost want to stop playing every game on the spot that "teaches" me how to turn the camera, jump and move around, etc.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I don't think it'll happen, but this may be the last day where we ever get to play under PM. If that's the case.

Men, I salute you. It was an honor.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
if they threw a CnD, we'd have heard by now. lawyers don't have time to deal with prog hyping stuff up, y'all

at worst, it's probably just "we acknowledge it and if they try to make money off of it we'll cut them. with a rusty fork."

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
This is very good actually. Not alot of smash people are using ask.fm and I'm seeing it more and more which is good.
this answer in particular

tomorrow, either we're all dying and bursting into flames from C&D orders, or something really cool is going to happen

pls don't be mean to us reggie :^(
I hope it's something good at least cause I still wanna enjoy my Project M even when Smash 4 comes out soon :). This game singlehandley with the smash revival last year got me to come outta retirement.
It's sad to see how the industry has developed in some ways.
Too many games are just *******ized, rehashed, and all around poorly developed. Yet they sell like hotcakes.
For every Shadow of the Colossus, you have fifty Call of Duties/Maddens/*insert fifteenth sequel here* that are FAAAAAR outselling.
The people shelling out the money to develop these games don't like risks. Why take a risk on a new IP when we can just reskin the same game from last year, and hit record breaking sales? It probably costs them less money to pump out another CoD and they will make significantly more in return.
The "true" gamer audience is much smaller than the rest of the video game market. By true gamer, I mean those of us who see and experience games as you would any traditional art. It used to be that we were just about the only people buying video games. If you go back and look at the libraries of old consoles it really shows. The ratio of good games vs crap was nowhere near what it is today.
As gaming has grown we have become the minority really. Most gamers today are casual, or simply don't appreciate games in the same way we do.

And don't even get me started about how developers began to make their games for the lowest common denominator. I almost want to stop playing every game on the spot that "teaches" me how to turn the camera, jump and move around, etc.
That's how companies make more money sadly. It's a blessing and a curse but 10 years from now it's gonna be more common and accepted of gaming in our society in the U.S that it will be the norm to play games. For the video game industry though I can rant a page full on this if I have all my thoughts collected properly but sooner or later there's gonna be a crash but not like the E.T crash in the 1980's that only affected the U.S but knock some sense into the video game industry. Industry not gonna die though, it makes like what 2-3 times the money of the movie industry?

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
note that most games you think of under this mindset aren't actually doing as well as CoD and madden

most of them have spent billions upon billions on marketing their games like CoD does, not realizing CoD gets away with it because it's a level above them, in terms of pop-culture. this is how you get situations like the new tomb raider selling four-to-five million copies, but still not even coming close to leaving the negative

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master

Is this some Japanese mating ritual?

Top Bottom