• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
I forgot about splatoon

Getting wiiu just for spatoon now. Seriously.
That game was actually the coolest TPS I've ever seen. I really like how different it is in terms of movement and I really want to play it.

For me, if Pokken ends up being a good Pokemon Fighting game, a WiiU will be on my wishlist. Nintendo's E3 impressed me more than Sony's. And I didn't bother watching Microsoft

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Do you guys watch the soccer world championship? I mean, no one was talking about it although it started today, I was already wondering. Seems to not be a big deal in US. Like around here half the population is watching.
I usually do not care that much about soccer, but I tend to watch the world and european championship. Every 2 years, so to speak.

Vashimus

Smash Master
people confuse others' love for melee for love based on execution. most of us don't care about how you wavedash, we just want a movement option similar to wavedashing because movement options are what we love most.

SSB4, in its current stage, will punish you for merely trying to dash, by giving you none of the options out of it. that's kind of ridiculous
Most Melee players don't need wave-dashing in Smash 4 to have fun with it, nor were they expecting it or something similar to be put in. People just want a game that rewards offense and is fun to watch. Smash 64 doesn't have wavedashing yet it still enjoys a tight-knit competitive scene because the rewards for landing a hit are massive, leading to crazy combos that are exciting to watch.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
I don't like Smash 64 =P
I never said everyone liked it...? Unless you're missing the point just to be cheeky.

Don't get me wrong, Smash 64 and Brawl can both be pretty campy at times, but thanks to combos, 64 isn't brought back into neutral after nearly every single hit.

Last edited:

Bryonato

Green Hat
Won PM at my weekly last night going all Ness :) 21 entrants. I've basically dropped MK as a secondary now. I've gone all Ness in my last 4 or 5 tournaments

Bryonato

Green Hat
I've barely ever seen your MK. What about him didn't interest you?

I still play MK casually but I've found my Ness and my MK are on two completely different levels and that when I switched to MK mid set it never really worked out for me since I'm just not up to par with him/not willing to sacrifice time practicing Ness for MK.

I think he's really fun and I still use him in teams (as you can see from my LotF week 5 footage) but I probably will not be playing him in singles anymore.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I still play MK casually but I've found my Ness and my MK are on two completely different levels and that when I switched to MK mid set it never really worked out for me since I'm just not up to par with him/not willing to sacrifice time practicing Ness for MK.

I think he's really fun and I still use him in teams (as you can see from my LotF week 5 footage) but I probably will not be playing him in singles anymore.
Ness needs as much love as he can get. Good choice.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
This video is the answer to all debates about game speed.

The kids get it, game needs a cheetah taped to it's back.

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
@ Sapphire Dragon Sapphire Dragon , I know you're not a melee-head but I thought you'd enjoy this Lugia themed gamecube that Smurfy EXE here in az is making

Well, I kind of am a Melee head, since it was the first Smash I ever played (and first GC game I ever played, too). Though I'm not good competitively I love watching Melee matches. Especially Axe.

That is an amazing GC. <3 I definitely want to see the pictures he takes of it from start to finish. :D

Last edited:

Bryonato

Green Hat
Yeah basically I used to think Ness was pretty bad so I picked up MK to cover his bad matchups. As I've gotten better and better as a player though I've more or less completely changed my opinion on his goodness and don't see nearly as much of a need to have a secondary.
Ness needs as much love as he can get. Good choice.
I give Ness a ton of love :) check the Ness boards or my stream anytime

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Yeah basically I used to think Ness was pretty bad so I picked up MK to cover his bad matchups. As I've gotten better and better as a player though I've more or less completely changed my opinion on his goodness and don't see nearly as much of a need to have a secondary.

I give Ness a ton of love :) check the Ness boards or my stream anytime
I haven't been getting a lot of PM time in lately, but I sure will. I'd like to get more Ness play, since all my "regular" opponents find him obnoxious.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Last edited:

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
I do wanna try and go to best buy on Saturday.... But I might have to get there at 10:30....... shiiiit.
I kinda wish they had like 3 setups man. And this time I wanna really get a feel of Zelda.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Serious time

When you guys are idling in the shower, like just standing there not doing anything, do you face TOWARDS the showerhead or AWAY from it? Pls answer my poll: http://strawpoll.me/1898579

Because like in movies, people are always standing TOWARDS it, head down, letting the water run over them, usually with an arm pressed up against the wall. I always thought this was just a movie thing. For style. Want to be sure.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
tbh I only remember overswarm as the person who got very angry when people questioned the concept of bowser as the One True Top Tier

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I do wanna try and go to best buy on Saturday.... But I might have to get there at 10:30....... shiiiit.
I kinda wish they had like 3 setups man. And this time I wanna really get a feel of Zelda.
You're gonna be outta luck. With School being out, all the younger ones will be on those lines and earlier.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Serious time

When you guys are idling in the shower, like just standing there not doing anything, do you face TOWARDS the showerhead or AWAY from it? Pls answer my poll: http://strawpoll.me/1898579
Away from the showerhead. At least with the design/location of head in my shower, facing the showerhead results in most of the water just being in my face which is uncomfortable.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
LOL Bowser will never be top tier unless we make Giga Bowser legal and Gimpyfish plays him :troll:

But seriously Bowser is fun in PM, more people need to use him.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
Do you guys watch the soccer world championship? I mean, no one was talking about it although it started today, I was already wondering. Seems to not be a big deal in US. Like around here half the population is watching.
I usually do not care that much about soccer, but I tend to watch the world and european championship. Every 2 years, so to speak.
OF COURSE I'M WATCHING THE WORLD CUP WHAT SCRUB WOULDN'T

oh yeah people on forums dedicated to video games that's who

no but seriously croatia had a surprisingly good showing today

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Serious time

Because like in movies, people are always standing TOWARDS it, head down, letting the water run over them, usually with an arm pressed up against the wall. I always thought this was just a movie thing. For style. Want to be sure.
Why is there no sideways option?

Seriously. My house almost always has a cooler on and it goes right under the door and through the shower curtains and gets on me.

I just turn whatever way I'm feeling cold to warm up.

I don't know how I feel about this.
I know how I'm feeling about that.

And it feels pretty good.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????

I don't know how I feel about this.
this also applies to a LOT of kill moves, though. I almost want to say it's because they want the killing power of the big bodies to look better, because bowser still kills from ~50+ percent

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I was initially very upset when I read this, but I thought to myself again, and maybe Zelda having a different play style would be neat. Still very cautious though.

Top Bottom