• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Smash Brothers: Everyone's a Winner coddle each other edition. Just like some of our teachings in some of our school systems.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I'm pretty sure edgehogging is still a thing. It just seems ridiculously harder and requires you to time it with extreme precision, and the difficulty only rises as you take damage. Assuming extra-long-range autosnapping doesn't return, characters with predictable recovery options might still be edgeguarded. Tether recoveries doe have been buffed like crazy with this change.

Then again we have yet to clearly understand a single thing from this man, so I might be wrong.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I know. From what I understand, the other person will only steal the ledge when your edge invincibility has depleted.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
So has anyone got the new salty runback to work? I've tried it so much. L+R+Y at the GAME screen, L+R+Y at the results screen... It actually does not work. I have 3.02.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
So has anyone got the new salty runback to work? I've tried it so much. L+R+Y at the GAME screen, L+R+Y at the results screen... It actually does not work. I have 3.02.
Over Netplay some guy kept using it against me and i never got an opportunity to change my character, he was salty for losing and i was salty for not being able to switch my character. If you ask me it just makes everyone Salty

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
My assumption is that edge hogging will be the exact same when you have invincibility, but if you don't have invincibility your opponent can steal the edge from you.
Considering that we do know invincibility time varies on a couple factors in Smash 4, the timing on this will be more strict based on these factors. I think that's fine.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I just personally don't like how Sakurai forces his view of what is and what isn't fun towards his audience. He makes the game easier, which is fine and all, but sometime in the near future the line between what's acceptably easy and what's way too forgiving will be blurred and ultimately ruin Smash in both its competitive and casual roots. He also completely ignores half of his audience and makes decisions that he claims "makes the game better," which are often questionable and often highly opinionated.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Over Netplay some guy kept using it against me and i never got an opportunity to change my character, he was salty for losing and i was salty for not being able to switch my character. If you ask me it just makes everyone Salty
Salt is the fuel that keeps us going man, the tears we shed over dropped game winning situations and the rage we give to others over stupid ass wins or straight blowups. Just pray that it wasn't sports team salt or Marvel VS Capcom salt.

B.W.

Smash Champion
As soon as it says "GAME" Make sure that you're holding L+R+Y the entire time. I got it to work plenty of times.

I can't get it to work during the pause screen like I thought I read it could do though.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
This card is perfectly fair and balanced. Killing every evolving basic pokemon on turn two and killing everything else even faster with trainer ramp is healthy for the game. Paying 40 dollars a card is to be expected. After all, all the fun of trading card games is paying $160 for a playset of cards to win.
Hey at least you're not playing Magic where the most expensive card (since it's so damn good and rare) costs a few thousand, at the least.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Black Lotus? Wat.

A lot of those "really expensive cards" are banned in standard format, anyway.

Smooth Criminal
Those are for Vintage and Legacy tournaments my friend. Besides, they're not so much banned they're just rotated out of Standard - I'm guessing you know how rotation works though.

Here's the URL of the banned/restricted cards in case you're interested.
http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=judge/resources/banned
Also, just a side-note: Black Lotus isn't banned in any format that allows it, but is still restricted in Legacy.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm aware, on all counts.

And thanks for linking that list. Almost a reminder that this **** exists, especially since I've been outta the loop for a while. Once I get a car (sigh, so glad that I got OT in addition to my upcoming tax return), I'm probably gonna start hitting up the local hobby shops for bouts of Friday Night Magic again.

Smooth Criminal

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
I'm aware, on all counts.

And thanks for linking that list. Almost a reminder that this **** exists, especially since I've been outta the loop for a while. Once I get a car (sigh, so glad that I got OT in addition to my upcoming tax return), I'm probably gonna start hitting up the local hobby shops for bouts of Friday Night Magic again.

Smooth Criminal
Good luck to you, on finding a car. Just be happy you don't drive my POS car (truck).
In terms of MTG I'm just trying to build a semi-competitive standard deck. As far as I'm aware, my type of deck is hardly played at all competitively in standard at the moment, but I'm hoping that changes soon.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Hey man, I'll take just about anything that moves and is mounted on four wheels at this point. I'm going stir-crazy being cooped up in this damn apartment.

Smooth Criminal

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Hey man, I'll take just about anything that moves and is mounted on four wheels at this point. I'm going stir-crazy being cooped up in this damn apartment.

Smooth Criminal
Okay, I'll get you a wagon.
Seriously though, it's just a terrible piece of Ford manufacturing, if you ever get the chance to own an older Ford Ranger (1990-2000 models specifically) just walk away, they're not worth half the damn problems they cause - or the one mine has caused me anyway.
Besides I only own a Ranger because it was a hand me-down, and the fact that I live in an area in Colorado where we seem to get an unnaturally large amount of cold weather, including snow. I hate snow, but I hate driving in a car that can't handle ice/snow even worse.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Hey at least you're not playing Magic where the most expensive card (since it's so damn good and rare) costs a few thousand, at the least.
No sane magic player plays formats where black lotus and force of will are legal.

As a matter of fact, the most common and most supported competitive formats are draft and sealed because limited formats are inherently more balanced, less expensive, and less ********.

Last edited:

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
No sane magic player plays formats where black lotus and force of will are legal.

As a matter of fact, the most common and most supported competitive formats are draft and sealed because limited formats are inherently more balanced, less expensive, and less ********.
Okay, you got me there. But most Magic players aren't sane.

Gallo69

Smash Apprentice
Im uploading and have already uploaded MMs and friendly sets from apex on my youtube channel - youtube.com/gallogames. Also, youtube.com/azprojectmelee has a ton of Apex stuff in case you haven't checked it out already.

Blade-Fox

Smash Apprentice
Im uploading and have already uploaded MMs and friendly sets from apex on my youtube channel - youtube.com/gallogames. Also, youtube.com/azprojectmelee has a ton of Apex stuff in case you haven't checked it out already.
You wouldn't happen to have your set against Leffen would you?

Awesome Mario btw.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Can someone give me a list of what things Puff can rest punish Sheiks for? Like gimmicks such as whiffed grab rest punish.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Those are for Vintage and Legacy tournaments my friend. Besides, they're not so much banned they're just rotated out of Standard - I'm guessing you know how rotation works though.

Here's the URL of the banned/restricted cards in case you're interested.
http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=judge/resources/banned
Also, just a side-note: Black Lotus isn't banned in any format that allows it, but is still restricted in Legacy.
errrrr no
it's straight up banned in Legacy
trust me the only format I play is Legacy
:(

As an aside, the cost of Legacy at the very least is pretty misleading; playing Standard for a few years is more expensive than Legacy ultimately because the constant rotation forces you into buying brand new decks. With Legacy it's a onetime investment, albeit large, that sets you up to play the format from that day forward. Not to mention that the price of many staple printings only goes up over time whereas with Standard printings they see an inevitable steep drop as they rotate.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Can someone give me a list of what things Puff can rest punish Sheiks for? Like gimmicks such as whiffed grab rest punish.
Up Air --> Rest
Nair --> Rest
Up-tilt --> Rest
D-throw platform tech-chase --> Rest
Pound --> Rest
Rest OoS after blocking Sheik's dash attack or if she misspaces
Can crouch under a lot of things and Rest it

....To be honest, you can just be reckless with Rest against Sheik in general. Even if you miss, the worst thing she can punish with is an up-smash or D-throw into fair, which isn't gonna kill you unless you were at a really high percent to begin with and were gonna die anyway.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I made a webpage

I'd try to set it up better, but I have to follow checklists on this piece of paper telling me that I need to add at least one centered image or it doesn't count!!! instead of making a proper site so it's a bit of a mess

I am really good at this (also my CSS is uggs 2 the max)

CORY

wut
BRoomer
I wonder how many installments it will take before characters aren't allowed to deal damage to each other because it makes little Jimmy Folfax sad that Ally can jv 3 stock him in a 2-stock 10 minute match.
i'm still expecting him to pull a super sakurai and announce that in smash4 your attacks heal the opponent and everyone's upb puts everyone back into the middle of the stage.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
I just want to say. The girl with the pink hair at Apex that was helping people check in was super cute.

Anyway, my first year of college I made a bunch of friends that played Magic and of course they got me into it too. Now, I personally don't like card games because someone can just stack their deck with amazing cards plus the luck of the draw thing is kinda stupid to me. But I actually enjoyed the game. After learning a lot of the little intricacies of the game I could tell it's really well made and you can't really waste a turn unless you have a really crappy deck or something.

Vashimus

Smash Master

I couldn't figure out whether I should be laughing or be upset after seeing this. But I'll laugh anyway because of her reaction. lmao

Top Bottom