• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Paradoxium

Smash Master
We should all just stop acting ******** now and actually talk about something important, this thread was interesting until you know who showed up (Papa+Stone)

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
The human condition is poverty by nature. Man is born with nothing and any sense of wealth after that is earned. By all rights, 100% of the world's population should be born into poverty and remain there indefinitely. That our current situation in humanity is so wealthy that people can be born into wealth is actually quite a miraculous accomplishment given the scope of the situation.
Yes, it's a miracle by the invisible hand of the market!

Natural resources are a form of wealth too.

You ignore all the wealth of natural resources that were stolen from the peoples of the earth to put them into abject poverty in the first place.

I don't share my wealth. And you probably don't either in any meaningful way. And there's nothing wrong with that, because at the end of the day we don't live in some fantasy world.
I'm not wealthy in the way people use the world "wealth" in the real world, so whose talking fantasy here? I don't have enough to share with almost anyone, but the richest do.

That your seriously comparing common Western standards of living aka the illusion of wealth for workers with the gigantic resources of the wealthy is absurd.

You've talked yourself into quite a comfortable apathy.

D

Deleted member

Natural resources don't give you a warm bed and warm food and safety. You can exchange those things for wealth- if you own them in the first place. Impoverished people rarely own any meaningful kind of resources to begin with so having them "stolen" both plays into some stupid conspiracy theory shit and has no real relevance anyway even if it was true and it pretty much isn't. It's not like people in Africa all have diamonds under their pillows that the White Man takes from them when they're sleeping.

You don't have enough to share with anyone? You live in safety in America, don't give me that high horse morality garbage. You clearly don't appreciate the wealth you have. The bottom line is that if you want to help people, you have to do it reasonably or it ain't gonna happen at all. Both of us goes to McDonald's and blows $5 on a meal that would feed someone for a month in Africa, but only one of us is being honest about it. Get real.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Impoverished people rarely own any meaningful kind of resources to begin with so having them "stolen" both plays into some stupid conspiracy theory shit and has no real relevance anyway even if it was true
I think it's highly relevant actually. When your, say, a Native American who had land to hunt for food and land to farm and nobody goes hungry, your not impoverished.

When a generation later your stuck in some **** shanty town living off garbage and crappy manual labor that wears you out in a few years, yes it was stolen don't sugar coat it to make it all better.

It's not like people in Africa all have diamonds under their pillows that the White Man takes from them when they're sleeping.
This is called a straw man argument, and a bad one at that.

There is a place called the Congo, pretty ****ed up by both colonialism and neo-colonialism despite/due to being wealthy as **** in mineral resources.

I would say those resources belong to everyone in a national community at some level and no one should go hungry, color me a conservative guy who doesn't like unnecessary poverty!

You don't have enough to share with anyone? You live in safety in America, don't give me that high horse morality garbage. You clearly don't appreciate the wealth you have. The bottom line is that if you want to help people, you have to do it reasonably or it ain't gonna happen at all. Both of us goes to McDonald's and blows $5 on a meal that would feed someone for a month in Africa, but only one of us is being honest about it. Get real.
I don't appreciate what I have because I don't delude myself into thinking I'm in the company of millionaires? What? Aren't you projecting a bit and ignoring the whole thing called "economics" and the wages not rising to meet current costs of everything including Obamacare?

Your literally arguing for the morality of a cartoon character invented for television, Kevin O'Leary, but you swallow the whole absurd theater created for tv unthinkingly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

actually my undergraduate degree is in economics and my masters uses a lot of it too. you're so deep into "don't know what you're talking about" territory that i can't even meaningfully refute you because I'd have to explain like 5 pages of **** per 1 line of your writing.

by the way you should look up what a strawman argument is. what i put there is referred to as hyperbole.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
It's a straw man, because your arguing against something I never said and nobody ever implied, in the history of ever, instead of arguing against my actual position.

You're so smart you can't seem to explain anything, using any data at all, and come off sounding like a philosophy major.

Yeah, it's been fun.

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I present to you Sakurai's next hit... Kirby Ping Pong!
There are no points. Instead, it keeps track of the highest number of times you and your partner kept hitting the ball before dropping it, called "combo points". If there are 4 players competing to get the most combo points, a Mario Party reference appears and either lowers the highest score or raises the lowest score until both scores are equal to each other.

XalchemistX

Smash Ace
NNID
Alchemistx
There are no points. Instead, it keeps track of the highest number of times you and your partner kept hitting the ball before dropping it, called "combo points". If there are 4 players competing to get the most combo points, a Mario Party reference appears and either lowers the highest score or raises the lowest score until both scores are equal to each other.
Precisely! At random times your character trips making you loose the combo points unless you hit the ball in the same pose in the gif.
Sakurai's next competitive masterpiece is on it's way!

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
umbreon your teen-level nihilism is about as showing of your integrity as your "totally top-3 shiek that nobody happened to see"

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
triforce "guy who gets press for waiting in lines" "and yes his first name is triforce" johnson

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
M2K looks so awkward. You could subtitle that and make it it's own meme.

Triforce: You know where we're going after this right?
M2K: (Awkwardly) Your hotel room?
Triforce: That's right. I'm gonna show you why they call me Triforce.

Or perhaps the exchange could go like this.

Triforce: I love the Power Glove, it's so bad.
M2K: Oh....kay. (Somebody save me)

This picture is so hilarious to me that my mind is creating too many scenarios to explain why he looks so nervous and Triforce looks so...I guess gleefully creepy.

Edit: I had more ideas.

Triforce: What's that? You didn't win every event at Apex for us?
M2K: I still came in close in many games...
Triforce: You know what happens when you lose on this team.
M2K: The dungeon?
Triforce: The dungeon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom