• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Bombitty

Smash Cadet
My problem with TCG is that they're not addictive (lol strange complaint). I get bored of them in a few weeks. I always come back, but it's a vicious cycle of playing a lot, then not playing at all.
Very much this. When my friends and I first got into MtG (around Rise of the Eldrazi), we fell for it hard. Played dozens of games daily, went to almost every FNM, and dropped hundreds of dollars into it. Then barely 6 months later it was completely dead for us until Dark Ascension came out. Rinse and repeat process.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
You missed out on one of the funnest and craziest blocks in Magic skipping over Scars of Mirrodin. Artifacts are still my favourite card type, and colorless is my favorite mechanic. Plus you get the insanity of Infect, Phyrexian Mana, and crazy old man tactics very much built into the block on purpose.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
These religious people told me Magic The Gathering was satanic, they said it teaches people witch craft and rituals.

But these people also play brawl so I just ignore them.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
: o gone for a day and magic talk happens!

i got into it around the shadowmoor set, but never had the time to do a lot of drafting due to work. i mostly just played with my friends until most of them moved away : / one's since moved back to dallas so i get to play a bit more often, but i mostly just do prerelease things now.

i am building a set of monocolored decks using the legacy cardpool, though! it's pretty fun trying to balance them around one another. it was pretty interesting having a white weenie deck (based it off of death n' taxes) be the most oppressive deck in my little meta before i went and adjusted things down : p

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Lol. Don't have to pay any money. I've had it for a while now, and I've spent too much cash. Then, I got bored.
My problem with TCG is that they're not addictive (lol strange complaint). I get bored of them in a few weeks. I always come back, but it's a vicious cycle of playing a lot, then not playing at all.
That was happening with me and Yugioh a while back till I finally realized how BS the game has become and decided to stop playing altogether. I've been playing for years and finally sold alot of my good cards recently and the only cards I have left are old leftovers from structure decks and super beat up cards that I will just throw away. I still dabble on the game on Dueling Network but that's only if I'm in the mood to deal with trolls and rule sharks and such.

Speaking of TCG games, I have friends who been trying to teach me PKMN TCG and I learned the basics in a few hours but I'm in no mood to waste money on cards anymore cause I like to collect video games for my library.

D

Deleted member

or you could say skip commander and play a real format.

i just sold all 96 of mt mtg cards for $2600. i played for a little under 3 years and put about $600 into the game. shit it silly.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I was given an American Eagle gift card, and I hate all their clothes but I woulda bought the same hoodie Dr.PP wore at Apex 2013 for kicks. They don't carry it no more though =(
Dear AE Shopper,
We have looked into the item you inquired about and unfortunately it is no longer available. Unfortunately,we don't keep inventory from past seasons. If you would like assistance locating an item that is similar, please call 1.888.232.4535 and a representative will be happy to help you.
Thanks for being a part of the American Eagle brand!
Sincerely,
Your Friends @ ae.com

--- Original Message ---
Do you guys still carry this red hoody this person is wearing?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=iBMgkr-s4jI&t=30

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I mostly play yugs myself, since it has that Marvel-like feeling of bing so broken it's fun.

Also Weiss Schwartz, but Madoka cards are on hiatus in America which kinda pisses me off since that was my deck.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
or you could say skip commander and play a real format.

i just sold all 96 of mt mtg cards for $2600. i played for a little under 3 years and put about $600 into the game. shit it silly.
Commander is literally the worst format of any trading card game ever made. The "Legendary" draw back becomes a positive, and decks end up just finding 8 vesions of the same cards to overcome the one-of problem. Not to mention the required 600 dollar land base.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You guys are playing card games all wrong. There's a 7 year old who I babysit, and he plays the right way - takes out his binder of Pokemon cards, takes all the powerful/shiny cards for himself, and then we just look at the numbers next to each Pokemon's attacks and take turns subtracting from the opposing Pokemon's HP until I lose.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium

I just hope that once his hero status goes to our head he still likes us little people.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
**** I just realized I can have a custom title and now I'm blanking on what to even put there

SpiderMad

Smash Master
╔═════════ ೋღ❤ღೋ ═════════╗
ೋ exploit it with sɹǝʇɔɐɹɐɥɔ ʎzɐɹɔ Ħ or Ascii Art ๑۩۞۩
╚═════════ ೋღ❤ღೋ ═════════╝

When are we getting Project M hats? Or at least a Project M patch I can Iron onto things

Last edited:

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
╔═════════ ೋღ❤ღೋ ═════════╗
ೋ exploit it with sɹǝʇɔɐɹɐɥɔ ʎzɐɹɔ Ħ or Ascii Art ๑۩۞۩
╚═════════ ೋღ❤ღೋ ═════════╝

When are we getting Project M hats? Or at least a Project M patch I can Iron onto things
I want a Project M arm band to safety pin to my kawaii uguu sailor fuku

Bombitty

Smash Cadet
You missed out on one of the funnest and craziest blocks in Magic skipping over Scars of Mirrodin. Artifacts are still my favourite card type, and colorless is my favorite mechanic. Plus you get the insanity of Infect, Phyrexian Mana, and crazy old man tactics very much built into the block on purpose.
I didn't completely miss out. They were still legal in standard by the time I got back. Phyrexian mana was the ****.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
So if I'm understanding this right, in Smash4, if the opponent is hanging on the ledge, and you try to grab it, you will grab it and they will be forced to let go?

Even more of a party game than Brawl. GG.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
it actually creates a bit of a weirder meta than that

now, you're no longer trying to hit the ledge just before them; you're trying to hit the ledge just after them. er, I think, anyways, the explanation is a bit weird and kinda vague. assuming the percent-based mechanic, this gets easier the more hurt the opponent is

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
Basically, I think that the current ledge mechanic works only at higher percents, where the opponent doesn't have enough priority to override your ledge cancel. Essentially, Sakurai is trying to make matches last longer and do away with early ledgehog kills, focusing instead on more offstage edgeguarding and neutral knock off kills.

SpiderMad

Smash Master

now, you're no longer trying to hit the ledge just before them; you're trying to hit the ledge just after them. er, I think, anyways, the explanation is a bit weird and kinda vague. assuming the percent-based mechanic, this gets easier the more hurt the opponent is
I'm very welcome to new and drastic changes, looking back at 64 you'd have never imagined they could have come up with air dodges and smash charging and shield angling and light shields and so much beyond incredible stuff. Then in Brawl you never thought they'd have ideas to make certain things a lot easier or sometimes more reasonable as well as again add more amazing stuff (RAR, Wavebounce,Dacus, the ability to use AD through IASA which Melee restricted). Although, they went backwards with lots of things like no light shields and hard press to trigger normal shields. I want them to further expand my mind: even though currently I feel PM can't get any better, we could have thought similarly with 64 or Melee.

Last edited:

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Fuuuuuuck that
Not everything Sakurai does is bad you know, i feel like all the backlash he got from Brawl was enough to change his position on the whole "casual"
aspect. I think Smash 4 is gonna be fun, and characters will have viable offensive options, the only thing i think Smash 4 will fail in is the balance department, Sakurai hasn't gotten that right yet, the advantage pm has over Smash 4 is that people play it while it is in progress.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero

Knowing Sakurai, this interaction causes the person that is forced off the ledge to go into a neutral state and into a recovery position.

So edgehogging is gone, and neither player gets to be put in a disadvantageous position.

Everyone wins yayyyy

I wonder how many installments it will take before characters aren't allowed to deal damage to each other because it makes little Jimmy Folfax sad that Ally can jv 3 stock him in a 2-stock 10 minute match.

Last edited:

Kati

Smash Lord
I don't think there is enough information quite yet for proper theory crafting regarding the meta, but it is easy enough to make some reasonable interpretations. If percentage allows for ledge priority, then gimping could be possible if you are at high percent and just ko'd the opponent. Without knowing how air time is calculated in relation to percentage though, we simply can't come to any conclusion yet.

*Assuming the two bullet points and brief blurb is the most up to date information.

Top Bottom