• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
just so no one forgets, the man of 1000 waifus (me) defeated the loser nerd who likes john cena even tho the rock is better (om grey)

it was like 103-2 my favor

why tf is nixie so moe uguu~
it's gotta be the hair

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA
USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
It is possible to criticize the design of a character without taking away the value of a player's win with that character
Nobody respectable is ******** about GnW being top tier or having too many good/advantaged matchups
They are complaining about the character's design being so far removed from anything else in smash or PM in a way that is painful and unrewarding to play against
Because we do still play this game for fun, yet a number of characters remove fun from the equation for half the players involved

Also the whole "SDI out of GnW's combos" is bull****, all he has to do is throw bacon and it doesn't matter how you SDI because you're still caught above the opponent, and the opponent is playing GnW

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I gotta ask how it feels to be one of "those people" that ***** about a character's design, i.e. the people complaining about how stupid ROB was.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
my bae af friend nixie disappeared from online contact

will i legitimately run into enemies who turn me into stone in this game?

for reference, i've just arrived in the japanese town of ikebukuro
Stone isn't that common and wears off at the end of battle, so it's no big deal as long as you're sure you can win the encounter.

Stone Gaze is considered a Death skill. After a certain point it becomes preferable to just bring demons immune to death and then never have to worry about it.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
i got it because fog breath cost like half my mana
If you already have Fog Breath on your MC, then yeah, you don't need it on any other party members.

You have 2 difficult bosses coming up with strong physical attacks, so I'd recruit a Momunofu and an Oni. If you have a female demon with Seduce, they'll pretty much join you with no questions asked.

Last edited:

SunJester

Smash Ace
17 years later and I finally beat Banjo Kazooie. I had double health this time you old hag, there's no way you would have won!

Woot.

Minor accomplishments.

D

Deleted member

I just spent half of my paycheck trying to unbox a Banana hat in TF2

I think I'm genuinely disabled

Last edited by a moderator:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
GS is actually pretty newb friendly once you realize you only use half your attacks lol. You can deal good damage by just doing unsheathed attack vs an opening (optional charge if you have a bigger opening) and rolling away to resheath and repeating the process.
That makes me want to use it even less. lol

Other than that, keep in mind that everything you do has weight, so remember to limit your attacks before you get stuck in an animation and hurt. Dodging out of endlag is much more forgiving this gen though, so it's really just long attack animations you need to be wary of
Have any examples/can you go more in depth?

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Just play with the weapon you like the most. You can complete every mission with any weapon as long as you're properly prepared (gear, items, etc).

Kushina43

Smash Apprentice
That makes me want to use it even less. lol

Have any examples/can you go more in depth?
If you like using DS, don't use the Demon Dance unless you know you won't be attacked. Same with the Long Sword's Spirit Combo or the Switch Axe and Charge Blade bursts. Earlier monsters will be more forgiving both in openings and damage, but there's a point where you have to learn to dodge properly (i-frames begin the instant the dodge comes out) otherwise you could be comboed into a cart in even in late low rank.

Basically you need to learn the patterns of monsters, likely through trial and error if it's your first game. I personally like to employ the rule of attacking one less time than I think I can hit, that way it's easier to avoid damage against monsters I don't fight often

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Oh nooooo. The Ace Attorney prequel game came out MONTHS ago, and they haven't announced an NA version.
Nooooooooo.
At least investigations 2 got fan translated.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
If you like using DS, don't use the Demon Dance unless you know you won't be attacked. Same with the Long Sword's Spirit Combo or the Switch Axe and Charge Blade bursts. Earlier monsters will be more forgiving both in openings and damage, but there's a point where you have to learn to dodge properly (i-frames begin the instant the dodge comes out) otherwise you could be comboed into a cart in even in late low rank.
I enjoyed the Long Sword and Switch Axe the most from what I played. I want to really like the Charge Blade but I still need to get it figured out more still (in the demo I kept on getting to a point where the Sword and Shield mode kept rebounding off the enemy and coul not figure out what to do other then switching to the big weapon which didn't rebound. Hunting Horn and Bow were also really fun but seem like they would be best when used with other people (or am I wrong about that?). I could aso get really behind the Hammer.

The Insect Glaive was fun but I also couldn't figure it out for the life of me lol. But if I can get it figured out I'll probably enjoy it a lot more. Dual Blades were okay and somewhatr fun but I enjoyed other ones more.

Play with the weapon you like the most as long as it isn't sword and shield
Is there actually any reason to use the Sword and Shield when the Charge Blade is there?

Kushina43

Smash Apprentice
Is there actually any reason to use the Sword and Shield when the Charge Blade is there?
SnS is more of a support weapon: Like DS it can put out status and element pretty well since it's fast, and you don't have to sheath your weapon to use items so you can be a designated bomber/trapper/healer. It also doesn't decrease your walking speed at all so it's feasible to have it out the entire hunt and never waste time sheathing or unsheathing in combat

Last edited:

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
Oh nooooo. The Ace Attorney prequel game came out MONTHS ago, and they haven't announced an NA version.
Nooooooooo.
It sucks, I believe Capcom even said there are no plans for it to come over. Too bad, I heard it was the best Ace Attorney game.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
why are all major fighting game studios so stupid/incompetent

capcom and its terrible bugs, arcsys and it's super lagged na releases plus constant sequels, and nrs just being terrible in general

and lolnintendo and lol dead snk

only good studios are lab zero and french bread

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Nooooooooo.
Wtf I didn't even hear about this game at all. What is Capcom doin' to us

D

Deleted member

i had a day to burn in cali

so i walked 6 miles to the beach

in flip flops

because idgaf

good life decisions

Last edited by a moderator:

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
gone for days and there is already an increase in furries
guess i better stick around for everyone's saftey

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at

this is gonna be my last combo vid for a while everyone watch it pls ilu all ;-;7

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
why are all major fighting game studios so stupid/incompetent

capcom and its terrible bugs, arcsys and it's super lagged na releases plus constant sequels, and nrs just being terrible in general

and lolnintendo and lol dead snk

only good studios are lab zero and french bread
You forgot about Namco Bandai and Sega in that mix when they decide to make a new virtua fighter. Also where do iron galaxy fit in this area?

Also sounds like i miss a party of salt yesterday with pm at Paragon i need vids please.

Top Bottom