• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

D

Deleted member

i could have won Paragon, all I needed was a temp sponsor and a gofundme for my flight and hotel

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I think my problem with G&W is that he's the one character that can really negate the usual perfect information gameplay of Smash. His throw animations are the prime example of this. The almost complete randomness of his Side-B also deteriorates from this. Incomplete information games are exactly why I can't stand playing card games.
Every neutral encounter is incomplete info.
Did anyone attempt to play Marth against him? At all?
No, because people would rather qq about how their character has a bad MU.

Axe doesn't play Pika vs Wobbles. Huh, wonder why he is a successful melee player who plays a lower tier character.

edit: sax they even homogenized judgement for you. And it still isn't even that good of a move. Imagine is side b was just Fox's u-air instead.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Losing to G&W? What kind of crappy characters do those crybabies pla-...
...Right, we're talking about Smashers here. Never mind.

Last edited:

SunJester

Smash Ace
I don't know about you guys, but that was one of the hypest GF's for PM i've seen.

Oracle's soul searching almost paying off was amazing, and Lz learning the Wario matchup on the fly.

10/10

Jacob29

Smash Ace
I think my problem with G&W is that he's the one character that can really negate the usual perfect information gameplay of Smash. His throw animations are the prime example of this. The almost complete randomness of his Side-B also deteriorates from this. Incomplete information games are exactly why I can't stand playing card games.
I guess you don't like sheiks throws either then.

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
There's some difference in animation, and at least it's only 50/50 if you're referencing B-Throw/D-Throw mixups and even then it goes back to the former.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
yeah for real paragon was amazing. I even found pools enjoyable and I ****ing loathe pools.

how the **** will we ever top this tourny

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
In my dreams hotel bae picks me up From the airport

I wanna see hotel bae ;-;

MLGF

Smash Lord
...I mean, her throws are dumb.

I don't feel like whining about a character ATM. I'll wait a couple days until after the hype dies down.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Heeeeeeeey. I know some of you who frequent this thread are really into the Monster Hunter series. And I think I'm going to be getting MH4U tomorrow (or real soon, whenever I get a chance to go to a Gamestop) which will effectively be my first MH game (technically Tri was my first one but I pretty much stopped paying it the instant I had to go into the water, couldn't stand the controls and I always hate dealing with the stuff that gets put in the water places as well, I also found the ground con trols to be a bit clunky but I contribute this more to not being familiar with them, not being quite as into videogames as I am currently (or at least not in the same way), and being told to use the Lance by people because it was beginner friendly (it just made me feel super slow/clusmy/clunky instead and I did not like that) and bla bla bla but since I was in Houston recently an d bored I wet pokig around the Eshop and decided to download the demo for MH4U and found it to be less clunky feeling then Tri (aside from when I tried to use certain weapons) and enjoyed it a good bit and I believe this game doesn't have water sections and decided I want to get it for sure now).

So as a MH newb is there anything I should keep in mind? The only weapons I didn't like playing with were the Great Sword, Lance, Gunlance, Light Bowgun, and Heavy Bowgun and one weapon I couldn't figure out how to really use (not that I really know how to use any of them lol), whcih was the Insect Glaive (but it was still fund somehow). The rest I enjoyed quite a bit.

Kushina43

Smash Apprentice
Heeeeeeeey. I know some of you who frequent this thread are really into the Monster Hunter series. And I think I'm going to be getting MH4U tomorrow (or real soon, whenever I get a chance to go to a Gamestop) which will effectively be my first MH game (technically Tri was my first one but I pretty much stopped paying it the instant I had to go into the water, couldn't stand the controls and I always hate dealing with the stuff that gets put in the water places as well, I also found the ground con trols to be a bit clunky but I contribute this more to not being familiar with them, not being quite as into videogames as I am currently (or at least not in the same way), and being told to use the Lance by people because it was beginner friendly (it just made me feel super slow/clusmy/clunky instead and I did not like that) and bla bla bla but since I was in Houston recently an d bored I wet pokig around the Eshop and decided to download the demo for MH4U and found it to be less clunky feeling then Tri (aside from when I tried to use certain weapons) and enjoyed it a good bit and I believe this game doesn't have water sections and decided I want to get it for sure now).

So as a MH newb is there anything I should keep in mind? The only weapons I didn't like playing with were the Great Sword, Lance, Gunlance, Light Bowgun, and Heavy Bowgun and one weapon I couldn't figure out how to really use (not that I really know how to use any of them lol), whcih was the Insect Glaive (but it was still fund somehow). The rest I enjoyed quite a bit.
GS is actually pretty newb friendly once you realize you only use half your attacks lol. You can deal good damage by just doing unsheathed attack vs an opening (optional charge if you have a bigger opening) and rolling away to resheath and repeating the process.

Other than that, keep in mind that everything you do has weight, so remember to limit your attacks before you get stuck in an animation and hurt. Dodging out of endlag is much more forgiving this gen though, so it's really just long attack animations you need to be wary of

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
>melee player wins large PM tournament
>"ugh I hate it when melee players win"
>PM player wins large PM tournament
>whatever character they used is now op

yall have internalized the narrative that top melee players are inherently better and that winning with a melee character somehow makes the player the one who's good while assuming that when a non-melee god/non well-renowned pm player (june/sethlon/oracle/strong bae etc) wins with a character that's not a melee high tier they're being carried by their character

STOP IT
BELIEVE IN YOURSELF
BELIEVE IN PM

THIS ISN'T MELEE STOP WORSHIPPING IT

ALL THE CARDS ARE ON THE TABLE WE CAN CHANGE ANYTHING DON'T LET YOURSELF BE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE MELEE MINDSET

mr Lz is a yung god, melee is a bad game, learn to sdi and punish, you're all bakas, I suck at pm but whatever

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Let the idiots talk while you git gud and get them to spew BM tears all over again.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
i messaged a girl on tinder cause I didnt expect a message back

She resonded

what the **** happens now no one actually talks on tinder

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
i messaged a girl on tinder cause I didnt expect a message back
She responded
what the **** happens now no one actually talks on tinder
Don't panic, don't be silent(unless it's a crazy), and especially, especially

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
nixie disappeared PMS what do i do

is turning into stone gonna be a legit problem i have

just got to ikebukuro btw

wtff.png

D

Deleted member

i feel like you're speaking to me in a different language, tink-er

Last edited by a moderator:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
my bae af friend nixie disappeared from online contact

will i legitimately run into enemies who turn me into stone in this game?

for reference, i've just arrived in the japanese town of ikebukuro

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
once I finally figure out how to create my own brtsms since all of the converters I downloaded have failed to work

i'm finna have the most lit music pack

everything is going to be dilla beats, footwork beats, or other hip-hop instrumentals

or eurobeat lmaooooo

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
just so no one forgets, the man of 1000 waifus (me) defeated the loser nerd who likes john cena even tho the rock is better (om grey)

it was like 103-2 my favor

why tf is nixie so moe uguu~

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
LMAO TOPH PLS

That moment when he realized what he just accidentally implied was just beautiful

Last edited:
Top Bottom