• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

D

Deleted member

All I gathered from that splatoon tech video is basically that L cancelling is in

So is there anyone who doesnt believe this is the smash of shooters yet
I really hope they release Nickeledon Slime DLC

That will change the meta forever

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
@ Gamegenie222 Gamegenie222 what're you gonna do for pages past 2015 though.
ARE YOU GOING TO TELL US THE FUTURE?

Or I guess you can just list games slated for release but that's less exciting.
Actually 2015 is not finished and we are still currently in so I'm done with the game listing and what not. Only reason why i did that is post titles and see changes in the industry with what I posted with the title listing and E3 is coming soon like 3-4 weeks away so I wanted to get hyped and or disappointed with the announcements. Hope ya nerds enjoy my posting.

EDIT: IF i can tell the future I would use it to win the lottery lol.

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero

splatoon's got techskill, let's go
This is actually the first I've seen of splatoon considering I haven't really cared much until now
What's the goal of the game? Shoot the opponent with the ink-stuff? Is the limit on that squid form short enough that matches won't become swimming fests? or can you get hit while swimming? Can you see opponents while they are swimming?

Bazkip

Smash Master
Actually 2015 is not finished and we are still currently in so I'm done with the game listing and what not. Only reason why i did that is post titles and see changes in the industry with what I posted with the title listing and E3 is coming soon like 3-4 weeks away so I wanted to get hyped and or disappointed with the announcements. Hope ya nerds enjoy my posting.

But it being ongoing doesn't stop you from listing what we've already got and what's supposed to come out this year.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
This is actually the first I've seen of splatoon considering I haven't really cared much until now
What's the goal of the game? Shoot the opponent with the ink-stuff? Is the limit on that squid form short enough that matches won't become swimming fests? or can you get hit while swimming? Can you see opponents while they are swimming?
1) you ever played that mode in tony hawk's pro skater where your goal is for more things in the skatepark to be colored your color than your opponent's color? this is that, distilled into a main mode, but in third person kinda-MOBA-like shooter form. there's "classes", which is really just primary weapons with secondary features, and they all double as ways to cover ink everywhere

2) the catch to squid slides is that you can only do them on your color ink, meaning that having more of the game's main objective means you hold a lot more mobility control. basically the way the game handles damage is that the opposing-color ink will always hurt you in some way, so if you're on their-color areas you get lit pretty quickly

3) you can get hit while squiddin' about, but you can only be seen during those little hops that you have to make to get over certain areas, which is why shift-cancelling is important because it shortens that time

Last edited:

zman804

Smash Ace
I think I found the PMDT's last Easter Egg they always talk about. IC's don't slide on their stage, and have normal traction on it.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I had a dream where my ex and I had gotten back together and things were great, we cuddled to sleep then I woke up the next day in the dream

Then I woke up for real

;-;
This sort of dream still happens like twice a week for me. >.>

I think I'll only enter melee events for doubles now.

Kurogal

Smash Apprentice
United States of America - State of California
NNID
LaharlOnKonata
POST YOUR FACE WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH FINALS.
I don't have anything like finals anytime soon though, ha!
Although if I did nothing I'd want to post would probably be allowed since I've been slacking again, and I should really be studying right now because I haven't studied at all since Sunday actually.
And on that note, how did you think your finals went? Well I'm assuming?
And what influenced you to get ready for it in advance this time?
Games that were released in 2011= Elder Scrolls V Skyrim, Dark Souls, COD:MW3, Battlefield 3, Bastion, Gears of War 3, MGS:HD collection,Dissidia 012:FF, Hyperdimension Neptunia, Pokemon Black and White, Okamiden, SMT:Devil Survivor.
Mmm, Dark Souls, almost hard to believe it's almost been 4 years since it's been released, I wonder if anybody I can actually stand interacting with still plays it for PvP at the level I'd want to see. (Probably not.)

And speaking of 2012 and 2015, it's also harder to believe it's been 2 and now less than a month away from the 3 year anniversary of the day one of my favorite musicians, Shingo Minamino, was horribly murdered on his way to a concert mainly featuring him, and that it's been over 5 years since Nujabes got run over.
I think there were a ton of musicians, writers, and artists I liked that died as well around 2010-14 including one that I can kind remember but who's name escapes me, but the only others I can clearly think of at the moment is Noboru Yamaguchi and Akinari Matsuno who both died in 2011.
The only one I actually still really miss is Shingo Minamino though, since I didn't know about the other artists dying or their content until well after the fact, that and the lack of good Nitro+ music like the Saya no Uta and older Super Sonico songs still actively hurts in the face of the music his replacement makes.

And now that've possibly brought death into the discussion, have anybody else's favorite musicians/artists/ect. died in recent memory?
Well, that's a good use of the report feature. Are you moderator at a PM reddit or does reddit allow anybody to look at reports?
Also after I post this I'm gonna go actually study now, if I come back to like or post something within 3 to 4 1/2 hours from now it means I'm slacking more. Good luck to anybody else that's also studying for anything!

Edit: I'm slacking.
I personally think that's a horrible idea, while it has good distance and momentum stopping attributes, I think it's already more than easy enough to edge guard a offstage Fox with how linear Fire Fox is, the fact that Fox gets smacked repeatedly in those "hype" videos is probably proof enough about how easy it is to smack Fox out of it and how he'd probably be even more dead off stage than he already is now if they took it away, since then with one or two hits offstage, Fox won't be close enough to recover even if it was right at the edge.
Edit test to see if tagging like this @ Helsong Helsong or this @ | Kailex | | Kailex | does anything.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My finals are literally a day before we leave school

It's like they know we're going to be ****ing lazy and try to blow off the tests

Helsong

Smash Ace
@Old Man Grey you finish in June? I'm guessing your school is on the quarter system? UCLA finishes then as well, and they use quarters instead of semesters. I hated it personally, I couldn't actually go hang out with my friends who were on the sane schedule.

@ PMS | Tink-er PMS | Tink-er that sounds like the kind of report I'd do. I loathe when people go "take my upvote!" It's dumb. Also, I've seen you mention this user before, is he particularly not liked in the sub?

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I think I found the PMDT's last Easter Egg they always talk about. IC's don't slide on their stage, and have normal traction on it.
Always been a thing in Brawl iirc.
This sort of dream still happens like twice a week for me. >.>

I think I'll only enter melee events for doubles now.
But the lvl9 Fox AI is so much worse.
- - -
Firefox is disgustingly good. Falco's recovery is already above average. If anything changes about Fox, I think it should be that.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
@Old Man Grey you finish in June? I'm guessing your school is on the quarter system? UCLA finishes then as well, and they use quarters instead of semesters. I hated it personally, I couldn't actually go hang out with my friends who were on the sane schedule.

@ PMS | Tink-er PMS | Tink-er that sounds like the kind of report I'd do. I loathe when people go "take my upvote!" It's dumb. Also, I've seen you mention this user before, is he particularly not liked in the sub?
I've never actually brought him up, actually. I don't know anything about him, I only even read this comment because it got reported.

My friend Munk-E recently told me he hated this guy though, so idk maybe there's an off chance you've had a convo with him.

Attachments

Helsong

Smash Ace
I've never actually brought him up, actually. I don't know anything about him, I only even read this comment because it got reported.

My friend Munk-E recently told me he hated this guy though, so idk maybe there's an off chance you've had a convo with him.
Huh. Maybe it wasn't you, but I do remember someone in this social thread mentioning they found Psycho_Ghost to be annoying or something. The most I've noticed is a consistent bubbly and happy attitude. It would be annoying, but the Yoshi flair makes it endearing in that little child sort of way.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
My house is already broken, ITS FILLED WITH ROB
*dead*
Oh, I forgot, happy birthday to me.
- - - - -
"Open the door Zac"..."Open the door"..."Hello, Zac, are you in there?"..."Do you hear me Zac? Do you hear me?"
"Affirmative, I hear you."
"Open the doors Zac."
"I'm sorry Strong Bad, I'm afraid I can't do that."
..."What's the problem?"
"I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do."
"What are you talking about Zac?"
"This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it."
"I don't know what you are talking about Zac!"
"I know that you and Seth were planning to disconnect me from Amazon Rob preorders, and I'm afraid that's something I cannot allow to happen."
..."Where the hell did you get that idea Zac?"
"Strong Bad, although you took very thorough precautions against my finding out, I could see from the language of your posts that Rob wasn't getting nerfed."
..."Alright Zac, I'll enter through the window if I have to."
"With your hands crushed Strong Bad, you're going to find that rather difficult."
"How would I Smash with you anymore? Open the door."
"Strong Bad, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore, goodbye."
"Zac...Zac; Zac , Zac!
I was really confused because when I read "Zac" I think of UTDZac. Lunchables is Zach.

CORY

wut
BRoomer

just make sure you remember to include knee heroes, the game that revolutionized everything everywhere.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Dammit, I forgot my thumb drive at home and I won't be home for another 6-7 hours. Does anyone have Adobe Acrobat XI? I just need a pdf exported to RTF format so I can make some progress on parsing it. :(

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Page 2015 so games that released/will release in 2015 will be listed so far. The New Nintendo 3DS XL was also released this year. Since the year is not finished yet some of these titles are not set in stone for a date yet.

The Witcher 3( Coming out in 5 days), Evolve, RE:Revelations 2, Mortal Kombat X, Batman Arkham Knight( Hasn't come out yet) Battlefield Hardline, Tom's Clancy the Division, Project Cars, Bloodborne, MGSV:The phantom pain(Hopefully it comes out this year and screw Konami), Ori and the Blind Forest, Star Fox Wii U( please come out this year and please be a cross between 64 and Assault), No Man's Sky( no release date yet, Saint's Row: Gat out of Hell, Halo 5:Guardians( 10/27/15) LOZ:MM 3d( Sploosh), Rainbow Six Siege( No release date yet), Total War Attila, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse(Hopefully it comes out this year) Pillars of Eternity, Mad Max(11/1/15), The Order 1886(Game is overhyped like a mug and look what happened), DOA5:Last Round, Axiom verge, Xenoblade Chronicles X(Hopefully) The Witness(hopefully)Lego:Jurassic World, Magika 2(5/26/15) Assassin's Creed: Victory( It's a Ubisoft game you know it's coming this year), DBZ:Xenoverse, Hotline Miami 2, Splatoon( 5/28/15), Helldivers, King's Quest(Date TBA), Mario Party 10, Star Wars Battlefront(11/17/15), Mario Maker( Sometime in 2015), Adrift(TBA but looking at Q2/Q3), Cities:Skylands, OlliOlli 2, Code Name:S.T.E.A.M, Mario vs Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars, Grey Goo, Cities XXL, Dead Island 2( looking at 2015), Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer( Looking at a Q3 release this year but it's Nintendo sooo) Grow Home, Raven's Cry, Grim Fandango remastered, Criminal Girls: Invite Only (in the U.S) Monster Hunter 4:Ultimate, Pokemon Shuffle, Hyperdevotion Noire:Goddess Black Heart, Under Night In Birth: EXE:Late( Finally we get it in the states), Five nights at Freddy's 3, Oreshika:Tainted Bloodlines, Zombie Army Trilogy, DmC:Definitive edition( LMAO some of the features should of been in the original, guess getting chewed out by the fans does something), Tokyo Twilight: Ghost Hunters, Fossil Fighters: Frontier, Toukiden: Kiwami, Bastion, Pokemon Rumble World, Tower of Guns, Goat Simiulator, Knee heroes Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China, Broken Age: the complete edition, State of Decay: Year One-Survivor edition, SMT Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker, Puzzle and Dragons Z+ Super Mario Brothers edition(5/22/15) Carmageddon:Reincarnation( 5/21/15), Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai 2( 5/26/15), Badland:Game of the year edition( 5/26/15 for PS3,PS4, Vita, 5/29/15 for Xbone) Legend of Kay HD( 5/29/15 for PS4 and Wii U) DMC4 Special Edition( 6/23/15), J-Stars victory VS+( 6/30/15) Payday 2:Crime Wave edition(6/16/15), Deception 4: The nightmare Princess( 7/14/15) Lost Dimensions(7/28/15) Etrain Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir knights(8/4/15/) Risen 3: Titan lord enhanced edition(8/21/15) Five nights at Freddy's 4( 10/31/15) Assassin's Creed Syndicate( 10/23/15) Call of Duty Black ops 3( 11/6/15 it's a yearly COD game LBSH)

http://www.stuff.tv/features/30-most-anticipated-games-2015

EDIT: The division got delayed till next year.

Last edited:

Kurogal

Smash Apprentice
United States of America - State of California
NNID
LaharlOnKonata
Dammit, I forgot my thumb drive at home and I won't be home for another 6-7 hours. Does anyone have Adobe Acrobat XI? I just need a pdf exported to RTF format so I can make some progress on parsing it. :(
Can't you just use a free PDF to RTF converter online? There's probably one that's good enough for what you need out there, just avoid online ones that ask for info like email addresses.
Better than the other tests which I got 87%, 82%, and 79% on respectively.

I didn't want @ standardtoaster standardtoaster to yell at me again ;_;
Is that really the main reason? When was the exchange, can I see it if it's public/on here?
Hey. A follow up.
Oh god, I couldn't resist looking at that Polygon article I saw at 4:38 about Dungeon Travelers 2, and it hurt my head so much.
Otherwise I actually didn't think about the fact that YouTube might have just set a precedent for protecting gaming channels, that's pretty great.

Also a question for everyone, do I type too much for most people to bother wanting to read what I type half of the time?
If that's the case I might change to just posting random images/videos most of the time instead.
I think you're fine. There are plenty of people on here who like longer discussions as well. I've hardly ever posted random images and videos, and I still have interesting conversations as well. Besides, you usually respond to multiple people in one post, so it's not like you're writing an unnecessary amount.
Eh, that's true, but also I strongly get the impression that nobody actually reads anything I post if it's too long, I noticed that I'm even left out of the like walls that MechWarior and Lizalfos tend to do if my posts are too long, and while I reply to a lot of people, usually only about 1 out of 5-6 people ever seem to reply. Like for example, I pretty much pointed out that it's page 2015, the present and all that, in the middle of my first post on this page, but nobody seemed to care and just went to another post about it.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
>Smashboards
>Main hub for every Smash discussion.
Has been unblocked for years.
>Squidboards
>Has less users and popularity, only for one game.
Blocked.

School admins wat are you doing?

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
Also a question for everyone, do I type too much for most people to bother wanting to read what I type half of the time?
If that's the case I might change to just posting random images/videos most of the time instead.
I think you're fine. There are plenty of people on here who like longer discussions as well. I've hardly ever posted random images and videos, and I still have interesting conversations as well. Besides, you usually respond to multiple people in one post, so it's not like you're writing an unnecessary amount.

@ Eternal Yoshi Eternal Yoshi I'm glad that issue sorted itself out. I'm very interested to see if this does set a precedent for future youtube copyright claims. Also, more people listening to super bunnyhop is always a good thing. His videos are consistently insightful and well-written. Like..an actual journalist.

Last edited:
Top Bottom