• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Helsong

Smash Ace
I took a nap. Or given the length of time, I guess you could call it catching up on sleep. Also, I completely forgot whatever breakthrough I made on pointers that gave me a shot at being in pointer nirvana. Son of a *****. Back to thinking about them the way everyone else does.

@ Helsong Helsong You're still typing the way you normally do(that is, eloquently), so it could be worse.
I r L-O-kwent?
I'm still able to speak and type coherently in various states of sleep-deprivation, it's just my thoughts get hazier and go in directions they don't normally. I've actually done some of my best coding in this sort of state, so it's a shame I didn't have an ongoing project right then(that's next monday!), or I'd have done some creative stuff.

Also, fever dreams are the nuttiest. I had one in which I was a trophy spouse, I don't remember if I had a hot rich husband or wife, it was oddly unclear. Might not have been human. But it allowed me to sit around, look pretty, play games(we had a PM 5.0 based off of Sma5h and Scorpion from Mortal Kombat was in it? Also Sma5h only had 20 characters and was a better game for it), and code games for fun. But it's like, I do that anyway? Well, except for the code games part, because I don't have the time for it, because I need to work and earn money...So I guess this would actually work out pretty well?
Fever's gone, and my mental landscape is once more boring. I'm relieved.

I've also realized that I've hit a wall with Ike. Ganondorf feels like a lot of fun, though, so maybe I'll play him for a bit and pick up some skills when I come back to my true love. Any skills that transfer well between the two? I'm guessing spacing aerials, to start.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Reggie playing the virtual boy, knocking over everything on the table, and saying "these games are great!" was really well played.

Arrow (Kyle)

Smash Apprentice
moving the epeen contest out of the Tier List thread

Yeah, keep watching your best players get trashed by @Seagull Joe

:018:
Joe lost to Amine tho lol. And I'd bet any amount of money Joe ****s on your life. Just like all of NY will when you stop being a fraud and come pay a visit and make a very gracious donation.

Player -0

Smash Hero
I took a nap. Or given the length of time, I guess you could call it catching up on sleep. Also, I completely forgot whatever breakthrough I made on pointers that gave me a shot at being in pointer nirvana. Son of a *****. Back to thinking about them the way everyone else does.

I r L-O-kwent?
I'm still able to speak and type coherently in various states of sleep-deprivation, it's just my thoughts get hazier and go in directions they don't normally. I've actually done some of my best coding in this sort of state, so it's a shame I didn't have an ongoing project right then(that's next monday!), or I'd have done some creative stuff.

Also, fever dreams are the nuttiest. I had one in which I was a trophy spouse, I don't remember if I had a hot rich husband or wife, it was oddly unclear. Might not have been human. But it allowed me to sit around, look pretty, play games(we had a PM 5.0 based off of Sma5h and Scorpion from Mortal Kombat was in it? Also Sma5h only had 20 characters and was a better game for it), and code games for fun. But it's like, I do that anyway? Well, except for the code games part, because I don't have the time for it, because I need to work and earn money...So I guess this would actually work out pretty well?
Fever's gone, and my mental landscape is once more boring. I'm relieved.

I've also realized that I've hit a wall with Ike. Ganondorf feels like a lot of fun, though, so maybe I'll play him for a bit and pick up some skills when I come back to my true love. Any skills that transfer well between the two? I'm guessing spacing aerials, to start.
If we're talking about staying up all night -> things I've got stories. Actually not really. I don't have any cool stuff that happen. I just have hill training in the sun.

You see things? Like what?

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Page 2012 so I will list games that came out in 2012. The Vita also came out here in the states as well as the Wii U finally coming out.

Assassin's Creed 3, The Walking Dead(Telltale's game)Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Dishonored, Max Payne 3, COD: Black Ops 2, Dragon's Dogma, Just Dance 4, Far Cry 3, Hitman:Absolution, Darksiders 2, Epic Mickey 2, Angry Birds Trilogy, Journey, The Darkness 2, Angry Birds Star Wars, Assassin's Creed 3:Liberation. CSGO, Armored Core V, Diablo 3, Medal Of Honor Warfight, Skullgirls, RE6( also know as the RE that has a giraffe getting head on the cover) RE:Revelations, Sonic and Sega all stars racing transformed, SFXT( DLC fiasco galore) Ghost Recon:Future Soldier, Lolipop Chainsaw, Sleeping Dogs, RE:ORC, Ratchet and Clank Collection, Baldur's Gate enhanced edition, Dyad, The unfinished Swan, Soul Calibur V( Did alot of things right and some things wrong. Arguably the most balanced in the series), Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Persona $ Arena, Amy, Borderlands 2( Game is really fun), Spec Ops: The line, Lego Batman 2:DC Superheroes, Guild Wars 2, KH 3d:DDS, Prototype 2, WOW:Mist of Pandera, Alan Wake's: American Nightmare, Kingdom of Amalur:Reckoning, Forza Horizon, FF14:A Realm Reborn, KI:Uprising( The game that hurt your hands and force you to grab a circle pad pro) PS all stars battle royal(This game had potential as a smash brothers style game but fell flat on its face. Also no Spyro and Crash WTF No Crash, No Cash), Hotline Miami, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Asura's Wrath, DOA5, FF13-2, Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword, Jak and Daxter collection, BBCSX, Tekken 3d: Prime Edition, MGS3:Snake Eater 3d, Dillon's Rolling Western, Touch My Katamari, Wipeout 2048,Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2, SMT: Devil Survivor 2, Mario Party 9, Tales of Grace f, Yakuza dead souls, Silent Hill Downpour, Twisted Metal(Reboot game) Path of Exile, Ninja Gaiden 3, Silent Hill HD collection, DMC HD collection, Fez, Xenoblade Chronicles( U.S Wii release), Civilization V, Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure, The Last Story, New Super Mario Brothers 2, Way of the Samurai 4, Double Dragon Neon, Black Mesa, FTL:Faster than Light, Kirby's Dream Collection: Special edition, Tokyo Jungle, Marvel Vs Capcom Origins, The Denpa Man: They came by Wave, Pokemon Black and White 2, Code of Princess, Retro City Rampage, Of Orcs and Men, Killzone HD, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Zone of the Enders HD collection, DBZ Budokai HD collection( It missing 2 and some online play) Paper Mario Sticker Star, Scribblenaunts unlimited, Epic Mickey power of illusion, New super Mario brothers U, Nintendo Land, ZombiU, Persona 4: Golden, Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal assault, Black knight sword, Street Fighter X Megaman(Thanks Capcom for the lazy attempt of a MM 25th), Fluidity: Spin Cycle, Chronovolt, BBCP

http://www.imdb.com/search/title?sort=moviemeter&title_type=game&year=2012,2012

EDIT: I'm Slow as hell and ya'll nerds post quick which missed the page deadline kthanksbye.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
^ It's 2013 nerd, you're too late.

Last edited:

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
I kind of forgot how spamming this place was, but I also forgot how spammy the completely purposeless notifications are.

Last time I went to EC I got 17th <_< in doubles even >_> at rom3 though but I guess that counts as local to NY so it's a local <_< and got disqualified from 2nd round pools by being afk so didn't even make bracket to get a placing in singles, that's off-the-charts bad

gettin all scurby up in here

After getting back on the forums temporarily I re-noticed my giant list of touhou that I never listened to enough, guess I'll do that too.

Shaybian records is sweet. Don't think that's how to spell it but yeah those peeps.

Dug 2 trees out of my front yard going SOLO today, was exhausting, then cleaned up a peach tree and stuff... mah armz are all scratched up and I'm all dirty.

Time to get back into smush though!

Got a new venue for the community here and it's part of why I'm coming back into the game a bit, cause the place is freaking sweet.
Hosting one with some of the modern-day local hosts on the 22nd. First smash event in like 5 years that I'll actually be in.
Also check this crap out.
2nd year I played Smash
1st year of Melee after I quit Barwl cause the game was dum
BCs best players (at the time) vs randoms from my valley. Pentictons finest (lib, who still exists but doesn't play anymore) Vernons finest (jugfingers, who's not with us anymore but leaves you this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_dURvBGB_g) and livery (someone from victoria), koski (a random brawl ganon from a town near alberta called Golden), and me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYSGhWpZQiw

The 5 of us randoms made up a full crew so took on the best in BC. lol
Couldn't even wd or tech, but this was near the beginning of a year-long Luigi-spree.

Found that crap by typing my emails into the www bar to get to 'hotmail' on a computer cause I for some reason didn't type in hotmail to get to hotmail first instead.
What kind of internet makes that kind of thing the top-post in google by typing things like emails.

Going away for a while again.
But yeah, go learn Vipassana and read the Nausicaa manga and check stuff like this out you nerdz

talks
http://www.jkrishnamurti.org/krishn...nd-the-transformation-of-man-part-1-of-18.php
and reads
http://www.sacred-texts.com/nth/yfhu/yfhu14.htm

I ionno like Alan Watts junk and good literature

Oh and play smash and stuff. Meaning explore and learn, you know.. all that stuff that PLAYING implies by function.
Play really well. Learn to play really well. Play, as a thing, do that well. Screw the game, don't be good at the game, be good at playing at that comes by cause and effect.

ANYWAYZ

Player -0

Smash Hero
*skimming hard*

Page 2012 so I will list games that came out in 2012. The Vita also came out here in the states as well as the Wii U finally coming out.
Assassin's Creed 3, The Walking Dead(Telltale's game)Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Dishonored, Max Payne 3, COD: Black Ops 2, Dragon's Dogma, Just Dance 4, Far Cry 3, Hitman:Absolution, Darksiders 2, Epic Mickey 2, Angry Birds Trilogy, Journey, The Darkness 2, Angry Birds Star Wars, Assassin's Creed 3:Liberation. CSGO, Armored Core V, Diablo 3, Medal Of Honor Warfight, Skullgirls, RE6( also know as the RE that has a giraffe getting head on the cover) RE:Revelations, Sonic and Sega all stars racing transformed, SFXT( DLC fiasco galore) Ghost Recon:Future Soldier, Lolipop Chainsaw, Sleeping Dogs, RE:ORC, Ratchet and Clank Collection, Baldur's Gate enhanced edition, Dyad, The unfinished Swan, Soul Calibur V( Did alot of things right and some things wrong. Arguably the most balanced in the series), Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Persona $ Arena, Amy, Borderlands 2( Game is really fun), Spec Ops: The line, Lego Batman 2:DC Superheroes, Guild Wars 2, KH 3d:DDS, Prototype 2, WOW:Mist of Pandera, Alan Wake's: American Nightmare, Kingdom of Amalur:Reckoning, Forza Horizon, FF14:A Realm Reborn, KI:Uprising( The game that hurt your hands and force you to grab a circle pad pro) PS all stars battle royal(This game had potential as a smash brothers style game but fell flat on its face. Also no Spyro and Crash WTF No Crash, No Cash), Hotline Miami, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Asura's Wrath, DOA5, FF13-2, Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword, Jak and Daxter collection, BBCSX, Tekken 3d: Prime Edition, MGS3:Snake Eater 3d, Dillon's Rolling Western, Touch My Katamari, Wipeout 2048,Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2, SMT: Devil Survivor 2, Mario Party 9, Tales of Grace f, Yakuza dead souls, Silent Hill Downpour, Twisted Metal(Reboot game) Path of Exile, Ninja Gaiden 3, Silent Hill HD collection, DMC HD collection, Fez, Xenoblade Chronicles( U.S Wii release), Civilization V, Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure, The Last Story, New Super Mario Brothers 2, Way of the Samurai 4, Double Dragon Neon, Black Mesa, FTL:Faster than Light, Kirby's Dream Collection: Special edition, Tokyo Jungle, Marvel Vs Capcom Origins, The Denpa Man: They came by Wave, Pokemon Black and White 2, Code of Princess, Retro City Rampage, Of Orcs and Men, Killzone HD, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Zone of the Enders HD collection, DBZ Budokai HD collection( It missing 2 and some online play) Paper Mario Sticker Star, Scribblenaunts unlimited, Epic Mickey power of illusion, New super Mario brothers U, Nintendo Land, ZombiU, Persona 4: Golden, Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal assault, Black knight sword, Street Fighter X Megaman(Thanks Capcom for the lazy attempt of a MM 25th), Fluidity: Spin Cycle, Chronovolt

http://www.imdb.com/search/title?sort=moviemeter&title_type=game&year=2012,2012
Is that....

DNSIGNIIIIIIIIIIESNGHIGBVBMVWARMOTNDHSRGNIOIGFOB mmfdGABFLSMGBOFO NDIetrigbdANAOgbbindig

Edit - Can we get a translator for @ Nausicaa Nausicaa ? I literally don't.

Last edited:

OnFullTilt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gregolus
I read Double dash as Mario Kart DS because that's the only mario kart that I would see as people considering it "above the rest"

Why would they limit themselves to only double dash?
Ok, you have never played Mario Kart wii at a semi competitive level.

D

Deleted member

Lunchables will soon globally expand on his plans, hunting down every Gyromite and Stack Up cartridge and burning them to oblivion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
If he attends an Arizona tournament, it is just a cover for burying the carts in a desert.

edit:
Lmao, this whole set.
Wobbles is 7th God and #1 Waifu.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Ok I'm on page 2013 so I'm gonna list games off that came out in the year 2013. Xbone and PS4 also was released this year.

GTAV, COD:Ghost(Get hype for a dog), The Last of Us(Love this game), Bioshock Infinite, Battlefield 4, Tomb Raider(Reboot), The Wolf Among Us, Disney Infinity, Lego Marvel Super Heroes, DmC:Devil May Cry( thanks for a meh sauce reboot Capcom), Super Mario World 3d, SteamWorld Dig, Saints Row IV, Need for Speed Rivals, Batman:Arkham Origins, Metro Last Light, Guacamelee, The Walking Dead Season 2, Rayman Legends, Injustice Gods among us, How to Survive, Skylanders:Swap force, XCOM enemy within, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse, MGR:Revengance( Rules of Nature that is all) ,Killer Instinct( Thank you Microsoft lol but I still not buying a Xbone at the moment) Bioshock infinite: Burial at Sea, Castle of Illusion Staring Micky Mouse, Killzone Shadow fall, Beyond Two Souls, State of Decay, LOZ:ALBW( Sequel to ALTTP, yes please) Halo Spartan assault, SimCity, The Cave, Starbound, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, Ratchet and Clank: Beyond the Nexus, Dota 2, Anarchy reigns, Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, Ni no Kuni:Wrath of the White Witch, FE:Awakening( pick a waifu pairing and go nuts) Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, Crysis 3, Eterian Odyssey IV, Castlevania Lords of Shadow- Mirror of Fate, Darkstalkers Resurrection, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Hyperdemension Neptunia Victory, PKMN Mystery Dungeon gates to infinity, SMT:Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers, Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen, Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus R, Mario and Donkey Kong: Mini's on the move, Soul Sacrifice, Donkey Kong Country returns 3d, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Tekken Revolution, Deadpool, Project X Zone( Where's Namco X Capcom?) Towerfal, Rouge Legacy, MGS: The Legacy Collection, SMT 4, Time and Eternity, Pikmin 3, Mario and Luigi Dream team, Divekick, Hasune Miku: Project Diva F, Lost Planet 3(I seen little to no advertisement for this game) Killer is Dead( has a Killer 7 feel to it), Pokemon Rumble U, DOA 5 Ultimate, Chaos Code, KH 1.5 Remix, Killzone Mercenary, Wonderful 101( Kamiya keep making games like this), LOZ:WW HD, Armored Core:Verdict Day, Lone Survivor, Scribblenaunts unmasked: A DC comics adventure, Painkiller: Hell and Damnation, Etrian Odyssey untold: The millennium girl, Disgaea D2: A brighter darkness,PKMN X and Y, Valhalla knights, Wii Party U, Sonic Lost World, Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag, Soul Calibur 2 HD online (Cash in and cheap online at least Spawn and Heihachi are tourney legal), Dead Rising 3, Mario Party Island Tour, Dr Luigi, Splinter Cell Blacklist

http://www.slantmagazine.com/features/article/the-25-best-video-games-of-2013#

edit: If i miss the page 2013 deadline, I'm slow and/or ya nerds post quick kthanksbye

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
If we're talking about staying up all night -> things I've got stories. Actually not really. I don't have any cool stuff that happen. I just have hill training in the sun.

You see things? Like what?
I just start seeing after-images of stuff. I also tend to see code just bleed over the walls, too, it's nuts. This time it was C, the first time it happened it was HTML because I was a scrub.
Occasionally, I'll perceive a silhouette walking in the corner of my eye, but there won't be anything there. It's almost always accompanied by this odd feeling of loss, and I can never quite discern if the silhouette has any sort of characteristics to help me figure out why it happens, or who it might be, or even if it's a person and not just some amorphous blob. You know that feeling you get when you wake up from a really great dream where everything goes well, and you've somehow fallen in love with someone and life is just swell? And then you wake up and realize it was nothing at all? Yeah, it's that sort of feeling. I actually enjoy the idea that such transient visions can evoke such impactful emotions, it's absolutely remarkable.

Which one is better for Yoshi's Island:
or
Sea Breeze is just fantastic, although I'm not sure if the song itself really lends itself to the game being played. Nothing quite breaks my stride mid-set than when I get into a match and find that the music is unfit for a Smash battle or for a stage, at least for me.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Wow, this gen is 2 yrs old and I still give no ****s.
- - - -
Once, I woke up and just kept thinking of java reserved words.
I just start seeing after-images of stuff. I also tend to see code just bleed over the walls, too, it's nuts. This time it was C, the first time it happened it was HTML because I was a scrub.
Occasionally, I'll perceive a silhouette walking in the corner of my eye, but there won't be anything there. It's almost always accompanied by this odd feeling of loss, and I can never quite discern if the silhouette has any sort of characteristics to help me figure out why it happens, or who it might be, or even if it's a person and not just some amorphous blob. You know that feeling you get when you wake up from a really great dream where everything goes well, and you've somehow fallen in love with someone and life is just swell? And then you wake up and realize it was nothing at all? Yeah, it's that sort of feeling. I actually enjoy the idea that such transient visions can evoke such impactful emotions, it's absolutely remarkable.
You don't question the dream in the moment, and you don't question reality either...
Our mind perceives both as reality.
kek
... I'm not sure if the song itself really lends itself to the game being played. Nothing quite breaks my stride mid-set than when I get into a match and find that the music is unfit for a Smash battle or for a stage, at least for me.
That's the meta at my house, you play the game on my HDTV, with unfitting stages, skins, and music. If you forget your controller you get the Wavebird.

Lol I was looking for stage skins and found this.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
POST YOUR FACE WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH FINALS.
I haven't been in any sort of academic institution for years now, but I imagine the last time I finished some end-of-term stuff, I looked sort of like this:

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
@ Lizalfos Lizalfos Well, you can definitely question the dream, that's how you get lucid dreaming, which I've only been able to do once. I flew for like 30 seconds and then I woke up. Haven't managed it since, and I don't know if I want to. It's fun seeing what unexpected stuff my mind decides to dredge up that particular night. Also, I feel bad for anyone who has to play PM at your house, jeez.

You know what's nuts, though? When you start dreaming about real life. And I mean, in your dreams, you just wake up and go about the next day in a totally ordinary manner. I had this happen to me for an entire week once, and it was horrible. I would wake up not knowing what day it was or if I had actually worked on the stuff I worked on. I took a vacation after that, because once my work and school start interfering with my sleeping subconscious, that's when it's time to take a step back.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
@ Lizalfos Lizalfos Well, you can definitely question the dream, that's how you get lucid dreaming, which I've only been able to do once. I flew for like 30 seconds and then I woke up. Haven't managed it since, and I don't know if I want to. It's fun seeing what unexpected stuff my mind decides to dredge up that particular night. Also, I feel bad for anyone who has to play PM at your house, jeez.

You know what's nuts, though? When you start dreaming about real life. And I mean, in your dreams, you just wake up and go about the next day in a totally ordinary manner. I had this happen to me for an entire week once, and it was horrible. I would wake up not knowing what day it was or if I had actually worked on the stuff I worked on. I took a vacation after that, because once my work and school start interfering with my sleeping subconscious, that's when it's time to take a step back.
I had a dream where I was working for maybe eight hours, and then I woke up and actually had to go to work. It pissed me right the **** off

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
But if Lunchables buys all the ROB amiibos, what will I do when I want one? Cry in a corner?

Lizalfos

Smash Master

Once I woke up, and at breakfast (lunch because I woke at noon) I asked my mom if I just had a dream about her clipping her toenails in my bathroom late at night or the early morning. No, that really happened when I woke up in the middle of the night.
But if Lunchables buys all the ROB amiibos, what will I do when I want one? Cry in a corner?
This is the intent. Anything to make children cry.
I had a dream where I was working for maybe eight hours, and then I woke up and actually had to go to work. It pissed me right the **** off
And everything happened just as it did in your dream. You wondered to yourself, "Did reality just recall my dream?"
You should try lucid living.

Last edited:
Top Bottom