• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Draco_The

Smash Lord
I find fanservice mostly distasteful for the most part. I just don't care for it whatsoever, and it does impact my enjoyment of entertainment. It's not out of insecurity, and it's not making me directly uncomfortable, but it always comes down to: why? If nudity and all that happens for a reason other than just titillation, I'm ok with it. But hey, to each his/her own. I can enjoy a bit of cheesecake occasionally(more than a little occasionally, admittedly), and I definitely understand why it's in there. For me, excessive amounts of it are a negative mark.
But, the context of the fanservice does matter.
The first three words that came into my mind after reading your comment were "dead", "or" and "alive".

Helsong

Smash Ace
DoA...is not a game I like that much? The mechanics are good, but the aesthetics leave much to be desired, which is something I personally look for in a game. Just my personal opinion, and I don't really begrudge the developers for making that particular artistic decision.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Ey yall lookit I'm startin to wd a lil bit. :3

PS don't look at game 2, boo

g1: don't use wizkick nearly as much as you are. you're lucky he's not punishing you harder when you use it and he shields. stick to using it 99% of the time as a punish (on techs, rolls, bad attacks, but not just throwing it out in neutral).

you're also overusing fair. fortunately, you're also spacing it rather well, so you're making it pretty safe, but you're also missing out on conversion opportunities. uair is pretty solid against peach, especially if she's floating, and nair is always a good bet.

ex: at 3m18s, you went for a fair on peach and got nair'd out of it. uair would've caught her before she could do anything and potentially led to more damage. nair would've also probably caught her, but the coverage is lower with it (though, both hits would've added another 24% on her, had that worked out...).

the opening on g2 was great, with your bair spacing. your exchange with peach on the platform at around 4m45s was pretty good, too. you watched spacing and predicted where he would be trying to go and got the usmash.

btw, the commentator's wrong about the aerial flame choke you got. it's not a missed tech into dtilt, peach is in the air long enough for you to guarantee a dtilt. was going to say good choice on it, too!

at about 6m30s your spacing starts to decline, opening you up for more and strong punishing options. be real careful about that.

it looked like you were losing g2 mostly from poorly spaced aerials into peach being peach. you get too close once, eat nair oos, get pushed towards the edge and knocked off, then it's just exploiting ganon's recovery from there. something to do is space a fair so you can dtilt and hit with your toe out of it. if the opponent jumps oos, they'll probably eat dtilt first, and even if you can't get a good combo out of it due to distance, you still get damage and positioning. if they respect dtilt, at that range you should be safe enough to at least shield their punish, maybe you can get a sh nair or uair out to stuff them. then, you can start mixing up fair timing with float, to mess up their rhythm on you, or get closer with the fair and go for a grounded sideb (don't get in their face, just get closer. the lunge back can pull you out of a lot of grab ranges, so you can make a false opening with the "misspaced" fair, then punish someone getting too greedy on a grab. it'll also possibly punish people who wait out the fair's followup, if it's close enough. just watch out for people who like to spotdodge after you hit their shield, since you could just pass through their dodge with the grab and get punished).

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
MORE CS ****ING.

I wrote a mesh renderer for my graphics class last night. Plus some exciting shading stuff.

Had the dumbest bug for three hours (incremented my loop variable incorrectly, causing me to index vertices of my mesh improperly at render-time). Pretty much the worst.

But also graphics is the best class I've taken so far. :D

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
That's what you get for never studying. You can't do that for every test just because it's worked a few times before
My whole education says otherwise, and now I have to continue that trend just to prove you wrong.

I hope you're happy toast, you've goaded me into passing this test.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
the thing about being a geo major is that I don't have to sit inside all day and stare at screens like cs majors ayyy lmao

also with regards to a pms dating sim we're all squids obviously
except me because I'm a karp

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
the thing about being a geo major is that I don't have to sit inside all day and stare at screens like cs majors ayyy lmao
I would be perfect for cs, I sit inside all day and stare at screens anyway.
But it would also be effort so I don't know if I could get into it.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
I would be perfect for cs, I sit inside all day and stare at screens anyway.
But it would also be effort so I don't know if I could get into it.
CS major: staying inside and staring at screens all day so that you can get a degree that lets you stay inside and stare at screens all day but get paid for it. Sometimes.

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
*overhear random group of people talking about the school's new breakfast options decide to try and be social*

Me: Hey, are you guys talking about that new chicken wrap?

Person: Yeah.

Me: Those look so good. I kinda wish they had onions instead of tomato.

Person #2: Do you expect them to make a special chicken wrap with onion for you? The world doesn't revolve around you.

Shut out of that convo

They weren't even saying it in jest. I love school. :^)

Helsong

Smash Ace
Person #2: Do you expect them to make a special chicken wrap with onion for you? The world doesn't revolve around you.
I don't get these people. Like, are they just one some crusade against people who just might want a bit more than what's offered?
Or are they just projecting?
Do they see everyone who wants more as being entitled?
Maybe they just had a bad day.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
I refuse to be represented as a fox, too high tier for me
Likewise. It'd be way more fitting for me to be Ursidae(ursines a.k.a. bears) rather than Canidae(canines), anyway.
I don't get these people. Like, are they just one some crusade against people who just might want a bit more than what's offered?
Or are they just projecting?
Do they see everyone who wants more as being entitled? Maybe they just had a bad day.
In chronological order: neither do I, yes, yes, yes(hypocrites), and yes.
:^)

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
What you should have said back was, "No I don't want any special favors, I just want to force everyone to eat onions by gunpoint."

Someone tells a teacher, you are expelled immediately.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Likewise. It'd be way more fitting for me to be Ursidae(ursines a.k.a. bears) rather than Canidae(canines), anyway.
In chronological order: neither do I, yes, yes, yes(hypocrites), and yes.
:^)
>implying you wouldnt be a robot in pms dating sim

Helsong

Smash Ace
If I was in a PMS dating sim, I'd just be the older one who isn't a romantic interest but shakes their head at the shenanigans and acts like they know better than everyone else.
Also, I'd be a cat. Probably Shalquoir from DkS2.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
If I was in a PMS dating sim, I'd just be the older one who isn't a romantic interest but shakes their head at the shenanigans and acts like they know better than everyone else.
Also, I'd be a cat. Probably Shalquoir from DkS2.
No one escapes romantic interest

We'll have one for everyone
We'll have the motor mouth character be Falcon Punch
The Psychotic packrat be mariotehplumber
And @~Dad~ can be the dilf

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Oh, I left something out of my self-indulgent CS post from earlier.

If you ever think about taking machine learning, don't.

Okay, actually do, because it's awesome, but be prepared for a challenging course. Also, take it after taking a statistics course if you can.

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
What you should have said back was, "No I don't want any special favors, I just want to force everyone to eat onions by gunpoint."

Someone tells a teacher, you are expelled immediately.
ROFL

God, I hope I can transfer to that other school next year. I dislike my current school so much; I'd rather drop out than continue going here.

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
Anyone got something jazz or electronic related that I could put on Battlefield? I'm out of idea (Bonus points if vidya game, I wanna try to avoid putting anything else)

Last edited:

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Anyone got something jazz or electronic related that I could put on Battlefield? I'm out of idea (Bonus points if vidya game, I wanna try to avoid putting anything else)
I have a song called Shades of Black by Breakbot on my pack for Battlefield. I can link the BRSTM later if you want; it's electronic and super funky. B)

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Mk8 is your friend
But I don't want to date a bunch of nerds! I just want to sit back and eat popcorn while your lives fall apart.
You're missing out on some hot nerds

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Something like that?

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
PMDT needs to make a tourney legal F-Zero stage simply for the musical possibilities. There are sooo many good F-Zero songs and remixes out there.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I know it's not jazz or electronic, but I figure I'd share my Battlefield setup and see if you'd pull anything from it:
Battlefield = The Man With The Machine Gun (Distant Worlds arrange)
Battlefield (Melee) = No Game No Life - NO GAME NO LIFE (yeah, the song is just called that)
Battlefield Ver. 2 = The Wonderful 101 - Hitchin' a Missile
Menu (SSBM) = Battlefield ~ Faith is My Pillar
Multi-Man Melee 1 : Soul Calibur II - Confrontation

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Anybody got something that might make me laugh?

Cause otherwise, I'd seriously love to crave someone's jaws out right now. It's been a ****ty start to an already ****ty day.

Last edited:
Top Bottom