• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

D

Deleted member

Is weird that I feel like chillindude circa APEX 2015 Salty Suite all of the time?

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
can someone recommend me an anime/movie that will make me feel all warm and fuzzy and lift me out of the pit of anxiety i've been in all day?
Like Helsong said, Ping Pong is really good

I personally recommend The Rolling Girls, the entire show just had me in a warm mood the entire time. Be warned though, the first 2 episodes are paced significantly differently than the rest of the show, and the 3rd episode introduces a character who's a total jerk which caused a lot of people to drop it

Discrete Math isn't horrible, but it can trip people up, induction especially. Calc3 I've found is best taken soon after Calc2, just so the material is fresh in your mind. At least, that's my experience and what I've seen. Overall though, Calc3 is usually easier than Calc2. Granted, Diff EQ is usually an entirely different class to Calc3 in the universities I've seen, so your mileage may vary.
From what I've heard it seems to be calc 3, but I'm not totally sure. This is the description: "Matrices and matrix operations, Gaussian elimination, determinants, Euclidean n-space and subspaces, dependence, eigenvalues, eigenvectors, diagonalization. Separable and first-order linear equations, second-order linear equations having constant coefficients, applications, systems of linear ODE's with constant coefficients, nonhomogenous linear systems, Laplace transforms."

In other news, I wish Leffen played PM more so I could see more of his ZSS

Helsong

Smash Ace
From what I've heard it seems to be calc 3, but I'm not totally sure. This is the description: "Matrices and matrix operations, Gaussian elimination, determinants, Euclidean n-space and subspaces, dependence, eigenvalues, eigenvectors, diagonalization. Separable and first-order linear equations, second-order linear equations having constant coefficients, applications, systems of linear ODE's with constant coefficients, nonhomogenous linear systems, Laplace transforms."
Oh yeah, that sounds like Calculus 3 to me. It's a good class, I actually enjoyed it.
Granted, I actually enjoy math.

Player -0

Smash Hero
One hot nerd per relationship is the way I do things, and I already fulfill that quota generously.

@ PMS | Tink-er PMS | Tink-er I just got the pun in your Avatar. I don't want to believe it took me this long.
Wait, isn't everyone in a relationship though? So your number of hot nerds increases proportionately with the number of relationships you have. Of course not every relationship you have will be with a hot nerd so you actually have room for un-relationshipped nerds in your life.

I think I'm missing something.

And it's not what Tink-er's pun is... I don't understand what the pun is though.

*does weird edits to my post*
Translation?

Should I ask what I am in the dating sim?

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Wait, isn't everyone in a relationship though? So your number of hot nerds increases proportionately with the number of relationships you have. Of course not every relationship you have will be with a hot nerd so you actually have room for un-relationshipped nerds in your life.

And it's not what Tink-er's pun is... I don't understand what the pun is though.

Translation?

You're 8, you're not allowed in the sim. mei mei might get too excited

Helsong

Smash Ace
I liked FLCL. It's bizzarre as hell your first time, but gets better on a re-watch, especially when you realize that it is, at it's heart, a coming of age story.
But yeah, that first time was just a whole lot of wtf.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Every SNK game is on sale on iOS for just $0,99. King of Fighters-i 2012 and Garou are must haves. Especially KoF-i 2012.

Lizalfos

Smash Master

Translation?

I fixed my post lol.

PhantasyStar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dyebre
3DS FC
1521-4107-6959
I liked FLCL. It's bizzarre as hell your first time, but gets better on a re-watch, especially when you realize that it is, at it's heart, a coming of age story.
But yeah, that first time was just a whole lot of wtf.
Wow, I decided 5 minutes ago I would give it a rewatch today. It's going to be my like 7th time doing so but first time in at least 4 years so i'll see if it still holds up as well for me.

That soundtrack is hard to beat though.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
g1: don't use wizkick nearly as much as you are. you're lucky he's not punishing you harder when you use it and he shields. stick to using it 99% of the time as a punish (on techs, rolls, bad attacks, but not just throwing it out in neutral).

you're also overusing fair. fortunately, you're also spacing it rather well, so you're making it pretty safe, but you're also missing out on conversion opportunities. uair is pretty solid against peach, especially if she's floating, and nair is always a good bet.

ex: at 3m18s, you went for a fair on peach and got nair'd out of it. uair would've caught her before she could do anything and potentially led to more damage. nair would've also probably caught her, but the coverage is lower with it (though, both hits would've added another 24% on her, had that worked out...).

the opening on g2 was great, with your bair spacing. your exchange with peach on the platform at around 4m45s was pretty good, too. you watched spacing and predicted where he would be trying to go and got the usmash.

btw, the commentator's wrong about the aerial flame choke you got. it's not a missed tech into dtilt, peach is in the air long enough for you to guarantee a dtilt. was going to say good choice on it, too!

at about 6m30s your spacing starts to decline, opening you up for more and strong punishing options. be real careful about that.

it looked like you were losing g2 mostly from poorly spaced aerials into peach being peach. you get too close once, eat nair oos, get pushed towards the edge and knocked off, then it's just exploiting ganon's recovery from there. something to do is space a fair so you can dtilt and hit with your toe out of it. if the opponent jumps oos, they'll probably eat dtilt first, and even if you can't get a good combo out of it due to distance, you still get damage and positioning. if they respect dtilt, at that range you should be safe enough to at least shield their punish, maybe you can get a sh nair or uair out to stuff them. then, you can start mixing up fair timing with float, to mess up their rhythm on you, or get closer with the fair and go for a grounded sideb (don't get in their face, just get closer. the lunge back can pull you out of a lot of grab ranges, so you can make a false opening with the "misspaced" fair, then punish someone getting too greedy on a grab. it'll also possibly punish people who wait out the fair's followup, if it's close enough. just watch out for people who like to spotdodge after you hit their shield, since you could just pass through their dodge with the grab and get punished).
NOT tl;dr, thanks man i'm drinkin this in. I'll show you how i do better at my next weekly!

@ Player -0 Player -0 My d-pad is busted! D: Tried settin it to Y but it was weird. I'll be buyin a new cont soon.

edit omg @ CORY CORY your few compliments in this critique are like fine wine forril lol

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Holy ****, Beo's Shin Shoryuken-like thing is soooo ridiculous. It sends the opponent so high you can whiff a super after the third hit and still have plenty of time to continue the combo.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Hahaha what was that? Some of that animation reminds me of Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Been over half a decade since I watched any anime; the last ones I watched were Inuyasha: The Final Act, Revolutionary Girl Utena, and the Sasuke retrieval arc of Naruto. Been too occupied with Brawl modd.... well now I'm just playing more games and have school.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Damn, Starbucks' database just went down a cross the nation. It's all shut down lol.

Where am I supposed to satisfy my white girl basic ***** cravings now

D

Deleted member

Damn, Starbucks' database just went down a cross the nation. It's all shut down lol.

Where am I supposed to satisfy my white girl basic ***** cravings now
Instagram, Kodak cameras you own to act like you take pictures, Uggs, Apple products, Flannels, and Bring Me The Horizon should hold you off until then.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Hahaha what was that? Some of that animation reminds me of Aqua Teen Hunger Force.
Ninja Slayer.
It's an adaption of a parody manga about the American take of Japanese ninjas and sci-fi, it's basically a parody of the manga too with ****ty animation and effects with 12 min episodes. I don't even know why I'm watching it, but it's fun.

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
It always seems kinda awkward watching two Melee players face off in PM, when they're obviously not experienced with PM. They just try to play Melee in an engine that's not quite Melee, without taking advantage of the extra options it offers. So you get this awkward dance that's not very entertaining to watch.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Thanks for the suggestions fellas, I've put most of them on a to-watch list and I think I'm start with Ping Pong.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
It always seems kinda awkward watching two Melee players face off in PM, when they're obviously not experienced with PM. They just try to play Melee in an engine that's not quite Melee, without taking advantage of the extra options it offers. So you get this awkward dance that's not very entertaining to watch.
I could make a video example list (timestamps) where I notice the IASA into Special/AD being used, which ain't allowed in Mele

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I feel sick and I have a fever. :[ i wanna just sleep for like 24 hours and wake up with my body no longer demolished

Top Bottom