• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Do you honestly feel that there is enough hate in the smash community to warrant comparing it to segregation?
More than I ever should.
Why? Are you afraid of the discussion? I don't really see an argument in your post.
Small wonder, since I do not take part in debates, I take stock of the facts.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
So PPMD using Marth and Falco in junction at Apex means he didn't win Apex with Falco or Marth?

Besides, 15-20% of the time is a respectable estimate, that's still the secondary only showing up every 2 or 3 sets, maybe not even needed in a winners/losers/grand finals. While I think Roy has what it takes to do big things, some matchups are *** for him and the smart thing to do is approach that specific matchup with a secondary. He can't do **** about Samus lol, I'm not just taking an easy loss by sitting back as Roy for that MU.
You missed the point of my post.

Bleck

Smash Master
Do you honestly feel that there is enough hate in the smash community to warrant comparing it to segregation?
do you have a problem with things being compared to things

if there's something obvious that I'm missing here I'd appreciate it if you explained it

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
people not watching your video game: basically the same thing as the remnants of slavery and murder still taking hold, sure

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I went out to check out a temp agency today and ended up coming home with Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix. Looks like PM and Smash 4 are gonna have to take a back seat for awhile now. XD

@ mimgrim mimgrim

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I went out to check out a temp agency today and ended up coming home with Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix. Looks like PM and Smash 4 are gonna have to take a back seat for awhile now. XD

@ mimgrim mimgrim
I still haven't done anything with that game other then beating BBS and watching Coded. I've also still done nothing with 1.5. I seem to have a problem getting back into the KH games I've already beaten.

~Dad~

part time gay dad
@Dad hasn't been active since 2011

I want that name dammit

edit: he wasn't even on the site for a year :(

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
@ ~Dad~ ~Dad~ please don't use that ugly troll faced/ rock faced Squirtle avatar again.
It's a Squirtle insult.
Plus, human faced Pokemon look hideous.
:troll: :007:

Last edited:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I need a new avatar. post suggestions. I promise to go with one of the ones posted

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I don't think Intellectual property covers ideas, but moreso the creations of said ideas.

I'm no law major though.
Granted. It still does not validate Intellectual Property from a natural law standpoint. They're not being deprived of the thing itself at any point in time by anyone else.
that would make sense except we don't live in a democracy so the laws don't favor the general welfare to begin with. see: intellectual property, capital punishment, affirmative action, prosecutorial discretion, the electoral college, the NSA, false **** accusations, land ownership rights, etc etc etc.

edit: "rape" is censored? really?? are you ****ing kidding me?
While I might agree, nothing would stop the majority from instituting those laws anyways. Democracy is merely the tyranny of the majority.
also yeah dat shouldn't be censored
also sorry for getting you/lunchables unmodded doe not that you wouldn't've anyways kappa
On the concrete topic, it is my personal opinion that IP laws go overboard in many areas, but if IP wasn't supported there would probably be less innovation because it would be the optimal strategy for companies to invest minimal in new innovation and snag the innovation of other companies. I could also play the devil's advocate and argue for harsh IP laws, but I don't want that now lol.
That's superficially plausible, since exclusivity and "monopoly pricing" are large incentives, though immoral since it deprives people of their obviously natural right to know and use said knowledge. It is also a huge moral hazard because there is then an even huger incentive to lobby the government to get these exclusive rights. Stossel just did an excellent episode on IP a few nights ago, sadly they don't put his episodes up on the internet until 2 weeks after. Regardless, there is literally zero historical evidence pointing to Intellectual Property being causative of innovation.

Think of it this way: there are plenty of other methods to monetize your product, plenty of ways to keep your stuff secret, and plenty of incentives still to innovate without the monster and moral hazard of Intellectual Property. Shakespeare wrote his plays without IP of any kind. Dickens wrote his books without any either, yet he still got a ton of money for its circulation. Heck, the ability to freely copy books is why America became one of the most literate countries in the world so quickly.
The world would most certainly not end, and there's a fair chance of it getting better with the removal of IP.

Edit: Dickens is censored smh SmashBoards doesn't appreciate our heritage of great writers

Last edited:

TreK

Is "that guy"
I was looking through my replays so I could brag on reddit and advertise my local scene with a gfycat
I have found a 0 to death on leon but it's like 1mn long omfg **** you snake and your infinite recovery

in other news
I am now 22, my favorite number (da luigi number !)

Last edited:
Top Bottom