• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
No, it doesn't lol. It just has really low knockback and thus low hitstun until high percents. But if they're on the ground and a fast faller (or even semi-FFer depending on the angle of the move) they might land back grounded really quickly if the hit was weak enough and do a kind of "auto CC"
now I know

Player -0

Smash Hero
I tested in 3.02, Pit's shield doesn't reflect things from above. I was pretty disappointed.

Also Pit's 3.5 (Smash 4) F-Smash looks the most awkward, give back Brawl one pls. I have the same complaint with Bair.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'm pretty sure you guys are debating the guy who says PM Lucario makes no sense as a design because his moves aren't canon.

Not the authority on aesthetics he thinks he is.
I never said they were pokémon canon, I'm just saying Aura makes him who he is in the context of Smash. Just like the tipper makes Marth who he is in the context of Smash, despite not being Fire Emblem canon.

Feel free to disagree with me, but flat-out putting words in my mouth isn't appreciated.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
We argue pretty dumb **** here, but that is just trivial.
Don't even start.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I'd also like to point out that swords don't need to slice flesh to be effective. Broadswords are also designed to bludgeon AND rend, thanks to the nature of Western combat armor. Part of the reason why broadswords > kitanas in a lot of cases.

Smooth Criminal
Medieval western armored combat was done with LOTS OF COMPLEX GRAPPLING HALF-SWORDING.
DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT IS
YOU LITERALLY GRAB YOUR LONGSWORD
AND USE IT LIKE A STAFF KINDA
NONE OF THIS BRUTISH BLUDGEONING CRAP.
Most historical examples we can point to imply that they were kept as sharp.

Enter, MY SOURCES: http://www.thearma.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bdMfaymGlk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwuQPfvSSlo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-xmJ8rH8kY
There was a short video I watched a couple months ago about a katana's inability to break a broadsword, but the broadsword being able to break the katana.

A sword just needs to be sharp enough to render flesh to be effective, which is what a broadsword and katana do, but if the two clash against each other, unless the Katana user is signifncantly stronger or the quality in blades is drastically different, the broadsword being denser is usually going to win, which is why a katana user needs to be faster in swing speed in order to secure some sort of victory.
Excuse me if I doubt this.

Oh, and here's something relating to the bow stuff that was talked about earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr_1z3GwxQk

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Bull ****ing ****.
Excuse me.
Medieval western armored combat was done with LOTS OF COMPLEX GRAPPLING HALF-SWORDING. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT IS
YOU LITERALLY GRAB YOUR LONGSWORD
AND USE IT LIKE A STAFF KINDA
NONE OF THIS BRUTISH BLUDGEONING CRAP.
Every historical example we point to says that they were nearly ALWAYS kept as sharp as possible.

Enter, MY SOURCES: http://www.thearma.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bdMfaymGlk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwuQPfvSSlo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-xmJ8rH8kY
You do realize that "bludgeoning" doesn't have to be crude and brutish, right?

Smooth Criminal

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Semi-relevant to the discussion at hand; American Civil War sabers were not intentionally left blunt as is commonly believed thanks to things like Pawn Stars implying it without going into detail. They merely dulled quickly during the battle and movement in the sheath.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I don't know about you, but I would've hated being a medieval knight. I mean, sure, lots of cool weapons, but that armor... Not to mention that a lot of the conflicts were kind of petty.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
(I'd like to get something straight, by the way – I do like PM, I just disagree with some small parts of it. In fact, I only have a grand total of four gripes about it; 1. Some animations being unclear or jarring, 2. Lucario's alterations that I feel take away what made him enjoyable to play as and against, 3. some banned past stages being not like the original in certain aspects [Saffron City in particular, though I understand that's likely the Brawl filesystem's fault], and 4. L-cancelling which is a much more sensitive and complicated issue that I won't argue about right now. Everything else, I'm fine with.)

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
An abundance of poison arrows have felled armies in the past, like the Portuguese losing to the Mali Empire.

All talk of impenetrable armor is moot when a scratch can kill you.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Violence is terrible/overly convoluted/idiotic, we get it, you zealots.

Topic change to something less edgy:
...OG cartoons doe.

Last edited:

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
And I've been playing a game where you find gruesome ways to kill zombies with random objects both lethal and comical, all the while with the option to take pics.

Wait how did we get to this point?

A question to both the thread and this.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

damn I can't tell where it starts or stops at all

7.8/10 not enough water

Motobug

Project M/+ community leader
Ok so not sure if any of you guys like Game Grumps, but..

THEY FINALLY GOT TOGETHER (for the first time in over a year)!

(For anyone not in the know, these guys used to run GG, then Jon [on the left] left the show. He was replaced and he hadn't been mentioned since...until now! Also the girl was just a fan, not part of the show.)

Last edited:

AuraMaudeGone

Smash Ace
Ok so not sure if any of you guys like Game Grumps, but..

THEY FINALLY GOT TOGETHER (for the first time in over a year)!

(For anyone not in the know, these guys used to run GG, then Jon [on the left] left the show. He was replaced and he hadn't been mentioned since...until now! Also the girl was just a fan, not part of the show.)
There needs to be a new episode of Sequelitis...

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Tomorrow's the Rumble. Gonna be hoping for Daniel Bryan to come out on top and for Cena to win the title.

I hope the place is littered with boos like last year if Roman Reigns wins.

I will mark out for either scenarios.

1421897381807.gif

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
So, I just played Mark of the Ninja through the main campaign. **** was awesome, I honestly didn't think I'd like it but now I wantz moar. STEALTH GAME RECOMMENDATION/REVIEW SOCIAL THREAD ACTIVATED.

What are the best stealth games that you feel genuinely put you in a position of weakness while emphasizing staying silent/hidden first and foremost? WHERE DO YOU RECOMMEND PEOPLE SHOW THEIR 1337 HAX0R/ N1NJ4 SKILLS?

Last edited:

Ramz289

Smash Journeyman
Steam reviews r da bess

Fantastic content, the pay to do anything feature is super cool!

10/10 masterpeece

Feedback From Active Players
--------------------------------

"Useful Tool" - 43 year old pedophile

"Great Sucess!" - Devs getting money from 5 year olds with their parents credit cards

"Beautiful Graphics!" - Person who just upgraded to PC from Atari

"Super balanced!" - Person who spent thousands on the game

"Fun game!" - Survivor of blunt force trauma to the head
My Grandfather smoked his whole life. I was about 10 years old when my mother said to him, "If you ever want to see your grandchildren graduate, you have to stop immediately." Tears welled up in his eyes when he realized what exactly was at stake. He gave it up immediately. Three years later he died of lung cancer. It was really sad and destroyed me. My mother said to me- "Don't ever smoke. Please don't put your family through what your Grandfather put us through." I agreed. At 28, I have never touched a cigarette. I must say, I feel a very slight sense of regret for never having done it, because this game gave me cancer anyway.
This game is one of the best things I've come across in ages, it's such a mind-numbing experience, I don't think I've ever played such a great game in my life, a game couldn't get better if it tried, no one will ever again, in the history of mankind will make an uninstall button so appealing in their life.
I DESTROYED A ENTIRE VILLAGE
I BRUTALLY EXPLODED SEVERAL MEN
I FOUGHT SUICIDAL DYNAMITE MEN
I FLEW USING THE POWER OF A AMERICAN MINIGUN
I WAS BRITISH BEFORE THIS GAME.
BUT THE POWER OF AMERICAN PATRIOTISM TURNED ME AMERICAN.
GET THIS GAME.
MORE EXPLOSIONS THAN A TRIP TO THE BATHROOM AFTER LUNCH AT TACO BELL!

ayyyy

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
For more fun, check out the Steam user reviews for PewdieBait and garbage like Air Control, Zen Fish Simulator, Slaughtering Grounds, and more.

I was bored and decided to play Sonic 2. Then this happened after getting all the Chaos Emeralds.

Even with crap like that, Sonic 2 is still my favorite Sonic.

Last edited:

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
The last games I've played with stealth was Skyrim, and that got plenty easy with the right combo of perks.
Skyrim features stealth yes, but it's not designed with that as a core concept all throughout the game. Eventually you're a one man slaughter-house. I'm talking the like of Ninja Gaiden, Mark of the Ninja etc.

I will say that I'm not only looking for platformer stealth games though. If you guys have any stealth/(insert random genre outside of platformer here) games, feel free to post that as an entry into the topic.

Top Bottom