• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

D

Deleted member

Double Dash was amazing!

I'm now going to have an argument with you over our favorite, opinion based statements about the mario kart series in a project m thread. **** YOU.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Spare us from you blathering at each other for no reason other than hurt feelings.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Clearly we haven't talked about the undeniably best game with absolutely no flaws whatsoever on the gamecube.

Mario Superstar baseball.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Super Mario Strikers. If for no other reason than getting to see a furious Mario at the start of each game. It's almost like the Mortal Kombat moment at the start of Subspace Emissary.

Foo

Smash Lord
so I just played a pretty long session of PM, in the middle of it I got ZSS on random

HOLY **** HOW DO PEOPLE THINK ZSS IS BAD?!? SHE'S SO GOOD WTFFFFFFF IM PICKING HER UP
Who says she's bad?

Yeah I have no idea how people think she's bad. It's baffled me to no end.
Seriously, where is this cult of people who think she's bad? I have read every post on the ZSS boards and pretty everyone thinks she's good

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Well other than the "I miss my playstyle" people, there were many posts along the lines of "she needed that guaranteed setup to compete" which was the tone of the ZSS board last time I checked it out, which is the same as saying "she isn't as good anymore."

Which is what a lot of people say about their mains, but ZSS players were especially vocal about it after 3.5 launched.

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
What are you all doing tonight? I was supposed to go to a New Years Smashfest but I don't think I'm feeling well enough to go.

Foo

Smash Lord
I just realized tomorrow will be 2015

I am not a clever grill
At least you don't think the 80's were 20 years ago.

Well other than the "I miss my playstyle" people, there were many posts along the lines of "she needed that guaranteed setup to compete" which was the tone of the ZSS board last time I checked it out, which is the same as saying "she isn't as good anymore."

Which is what a lot of people say about their mains, but ZSS players were especially vocal about it after 3.5 launched.
The reason ZSS players were so vocal after the patch was because of the "I miss my playstyle" people. On most boards, there were salty and bad player complaining about nerfs, and then the good players came and told them why they were wrong. In this case, it was the good players (with the exception of oro, but he's on the PMDT) complaining about ZSS being turned into a much more generic and boring character for no real reason.

We all knew and agreed that dash cancel paralyzer was getting nerfed, but they just outright removed it. For other characters, they just nerfed silly 3.02 stuff. Ike keeps JC QD, m2 keeps act out of TP etc. etc., but they just outright removed it for ZSS, and also removed her interesting tether grab for a boring and REALLY BAD normal grab. (worst throws in the game hype)

Basically, her bread and butter from last patch was nair chains and dash cancel blaster. They made nair so short ranged that it can't really be used in neutral, and removed dash cancel paralyzer. Now, after reading a sentence like that, a lot of people assume I am saying she's bad now, but that's not the case. What I am saying is that she is very very different, which is what upset most people.

To sum it up, the vast majority of ZSS players who complained (and almost all the good players, and even some people who don't main ZSS, like infinitycollision) did so because her playstyle was drastically changed, and wrote long essays explaining why this wasn't needed. Many people then TL:DR'd them and assumed they were complaining about ZSS not being bad. Truth is, many of us would rather have 3.02 ZSS playstyle and be bottom tier, then have a really boring top tier character.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
What are you all doing tonight? I was supposed to go to a New Years Smashfest but I don't think I'm feeling well enough to go.
Being a recluse.
I'm decent at socializing, but people as a whole always have something bothersome about them that they can't or won't change.
(note that being asocial is pretty bothersome itself)

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Eh, if people really prefer a severely nerfed character without any of the annoying toxic stuff for the opponent coming back, a uselessly slow cancel and a terrible long range grab, I'm fine with that. I'll sign that petition. Similar style in practice but low tier to the max. :denzel:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
http://smashboards.com/threads/sakurai-smash-as-a-competitive-game-has-no-future.384952/

lmao I'm sure this has been discussed but still is anyone actually surprised by this?

things we learned:
a. sakurai literally doesn't care why did anyone think playing smash 4 competitively would work
b. smash wasn't made to be a competitive game lmao this is also nothing new
c. sakurai is dumb
d. melee was a beautiful accident and it will die eventually because of a few things
1. character homogenization
2. homogenization of players with success with a penthouse of "gods"
3. higher skill floor than any other smash game, also inaccessible to new players from any other smash game, as fundamentals don't carry over
4. there is a difference between the melee scene and the general smash scene and they are splintering
e. the only competitive and actively balanced smash game is pm
f. general smash players are silly and fickle see: strong bad's fox/falco post

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
As far as balance for SmUsh goes, I was expecting nothing so I had nothing to be disappointed by.

Thank you based PMDT.

...now go fix Olimar.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
http://smashboards.com/threads/sakurai-smash-as-a-competitive-game-has-no-future.384952/

lmao I'm sure this has been discussed but still is anyone actually surprised by this?

things we learned:
a. sakurai literally doesn't care why did anyone think playing smash 4 competitively would work
c. sakurai is dumb
d. melee was a beautiful accident and it will die eventually because of a few things
3. higher skill floor than any other smash game, also inaccessible to new players from any other smash game, as fundamentals don't carry over
4. there is a difference between the melee scene and the general smash scene and they are splintering
"When the game becomes more like a sport, a tool that more strictly rewards the player with more skill, the game tapers off more, like a mountain. Just like how a mountain tapers off into its peak, that area becomes more and more narrow."

Ayyy lmao

Last edited:

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678

things we learned:
c. sakurai is dumb
Too funny please stop oh god im dying agh

GravityZ

Smash Cadet
NNID
TricksterZorua
3DS FC
4382-2023-3008
Guys, will Project M's first PAL version come out today, or is it delayed without any notice?

And I think Sakurai is now number 1 enemy of Project M! xD

Foo

Smash Lord
tl;dr sheik 2.0

or alternatively a sheik falcon hybrid with less hype
I don't get why people compare her to sheik at all lol. They are both fast female (some debate on this for sheik) characters with a projectile that can combo, but that's about it. They are completely different past that. ZSS depends heavily on dash dance, and sheik dash dance is trash lol. I won't go into it more, but no, ZSS is almost nothing like sheik.

The falcon comparison, I can totally see though. Her combo game is very similar to falcon, but not only does it have less hype, it also is much less potent. Knee is so much of a thing, and zss fair is nothing compared to knee. Her combo finisher is super easy to SDI and has much less knockback. I mean, the power hitbox comes out on frame 16. Also, falcon has a much higher shffl speed and 7 frames of landing lag on upair and nair compared to ZSS having 9 on upair. Not to mention how great falcon jab is, and how much better his throws are. (also, he is faster at everything)

However, she does have some advantages over falcon. She has much better recovery, is harder to zero to death, and has some trickier and high range options. Overall, I think she is a slightly worse, but more dynamic version of falcon, but that doesn't quite do her justice. Last patch, though, she was completely her own character.

"When the game becomes more like a sport, a tool that more strictly rewards the player with more skill, the game tapers off more, like a mountain. Just like how a mountain tapers off into its peak, that area becomes more and more narrow."

Ahhhh
LOL. Wow, never thought about it like that. Well, that explains why DOTA 2, CS GO, league and starcraft are such commercial failures.

Last edited:

Foo

Smash Lord
so she's just lame Falcon

got it
Not quite, you missed part of my point. I said she's also more "dynamic" meaning she is much less straight forward and has much more tricky options. Falcon's approaches are much more standard and normal, just putting safe aerials into shield with the occasional mixup.

ZSS, on the other hand, has some really tricky stuff with wavebounce side/neutral b, edge cancel dive kicks, rar bair to grab at low %s, reverse nair etc etc. She has diluted power, but many more tricks up her sleeve. I also find to her to be much more fun overall, though I love falcon too.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Man Sakurai is the most backward ass mofo of a dev that I have ever seen. I wanna rant later after work lmao.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
your false words will have no effect on the believers in the smash messiah.

CASUALS REJOICE AND HEAR THE GOSPEL OF THE TRUE LORD SAKURAI!

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
There are some worthy GC games. WindWaker, FFCC, Custom Robo, FE, Tales of Symphonia, etc. Ya'll just happen to be fake and gay, I can not help any of your poor souls.

Top Bottom