• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Wtf llod took xanadu????????

I don't think i ever been here at this hour

More importantly drink + smash = your tech skill is so daaaaaamn screwed lol

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Wtf llod took xanadu????????

I don't think i ever been here at this hour

More importantly drink + smash = your tech skill is so daaaaaamn screwed lol
Depends on how much drink you have in you. I've found that after a drink or two, I play better, must be the Irish in me that gets focused like a laser through the sauce.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I finally finished MegaTokyo. In my first readthrough like 4 years ago, I was huge a Mo/Piro shipper since their relationship was first teased through the Endgames segment so I quit reading after the page where she blew up because I thought she was gone.

But wow was I wrong lmao the next 200 pages were some of the best.

D

Deleted member

so I just played a pretty long session of PM, in the middle of it I got ZSS on random

HOLY **** HOW DO PEOPLE THINK ZSS IS BAD?!? SHE'S SO GOOD WTFFFFFFF IM PICKING HER UP

Vashimus

Smash Master
I still like the KH games though, as much of a cluster molest the universe and story has become.

Next on my log is KH2HD.
Funny how I've owned a PS2 practically my whole childhood and I've never played a Kingdom Hearts. I just know it as that game series my cousins fangirled over because they had a crush on Sora. Gotta play them eventually.

Last edited:

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/c...japanese_interview_with_sakurai_needs/cna10za
Who told the people that smash 4 was to strike a balance between competitive and casual play?
Seriously who?

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
so I just played a pretty long session of PM, in the middle of it I got ZSS on random

HOLY **** HOW DO PEOPLE THINK ZSS IS BAD?!? SHE'S SO GOOD WTFFFFFFF IM PICKING HER UP
Yeah I have no idea how people think she's bad. It's baffled me to no end.

D

Deleted member

I just played like 2 hours of ZSS and I really think I'm gonna play her in tourney LOL

She's sooooooo fun. She's also really good. This is insane.

SunJester

Smash Ace
I don't understand the mentality that people shouldn't feel like they lost? You did lose, but that doesn't mean you can't try to win. Smash is inherently a competitive game, you COMPETE with other players to win. When you create competition, people will try to win, when they try to win they'll try to get better, and use new ideas, strategies and techniques to try and get ahead of their opponent. Any game that has a definite winner, will entice people to seek to be better at the game. Even in Smash 4, you've created a game where there is such a thing as better players. No matter how hard he tries there WILL be a skill gap between new players and people who've played for a long time. If I tried to play Smash 4 at Apex this year, I will get wrecked. I haven't put time into the game. Even if we were playing on Flatzone with items, I'd still get wrecked. What matters more is creating a fun game that people enjoy. No child picking up a soccer ball is going to win the FIFA championship a month after they start, but they still play because it's fun.

I don't think introducing "random" elements makes it better? I get more salty at a bull**** blue shell on the last lap of mario kart, then I do losing a fair match at any game.

He shouldn't worry so much about new players, I was a complete scrub when I played Melee, but I loved it regardless. Even if I was crap I wanted to get better at the game even if I lost. It's fun to lose, you have a chance to improve yourself.

Don't worry about new players, shiny things like new characters, stages and music entice them to play the game. Giving the game a deep, meaningful and exciting system that players can improve on, keeps them playing.

That being said I think there was a definite effort to try and balance Smash 4 to be more "competitive" than Brawl, its far, far to early in the metagame to really see if the changes they've made will make a difference. Regardless, Sakurai isn't the only person working on Smash, I'm sure there were some conflicing mentalities on ideas of "competitive-ness"

Venom_909

Smash Apprentice
Aion and Tyrant still play? Interesting.
This was the last PR for 3.02. A few of the players will either fall of due to no longer competing or falling of when their characters got nerfed and not being able to hang anymore .... I was on hiatus and am now back in teh scene. Already got sets vs ipk / aero / mach / jason waterfalls / kaos and a few others. Few bad losses tho. Need to find my consistency before im considered a big threat in socal. <3

Socal keeps leveling up at a pretty fast pace and players who were only mid are starting to grind up to beat others. IPK lost to both Sosa and meechman two players i can see pushing up in the PR ranks this season.

Its going to be an interesting season for socal. Interested to see where everyone is placed once the dust settles.

As far as top consistent placements Westballz / larry / ipk have shown the most consistency but recent losses might begin a new tread to the fight over top 10 in socal. Exciting stuff.

Going to start hostin a new tournament series on Saturdays so we should get more content out on the internet soon enough :)

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/c...japanese_interview_with_sakurai_needs/cna10za
Who told the people that smash 4 was to strike a balance between competitive and casual play?
Seriously who?
It's a lot like the most hardcore conservative religious folks: they regularly put words in Jesus' mouth to justify their own beliefs, maybe find some scriptural tech somewhere that reinforces it, but ignore the real teachings of the prophet whose ass they kiss regularly without fail.

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
Seriously who?

He himself called Brawl a downgrade.
Wow.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I really wish that interview was transcribed and not scanned. At least I could ctrl+f ****.

EDIT: Okay, found the part about "downgrading". The verb Sakurai uses, 落としこむ, carries a meaning close to "design around". An understandable error, though.

Last edited:

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
One of my regrets from 2014: Adding @ Bleck Bleck on facebook
Now I have to suffer through pictures like this on my news feed
"great anagoly"

**** the guy says he made it in photoshop, can you believe it
That's like using a fountain pen to draw ***** in a moleskine notebook

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok, so this isn't meant to be shots fired but its starting to make more sense why shokio thinks ZSS sucks:

ZSS is a lot more based on a melee-esque background now, and shokio started with PM in early 2014. He doesn't have a melee background whatsoever, so he doesn't know how to use her correctly.

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Ok, so this isn't meant to be shots fired but its starting to make more sense why shokio thinks ZSS sucks:

ZSS is a lot more based on a melee-esque background now, and shokio started with PM in early 2014. He doesn't have a melee background whatsoever, so he doesn't know how to use her correctly.
I know it's late but you're not making a whole lot of sense to me. What do you mean by "based on a melee-esque background"?
Like... not having guaranteed throw followups/ridiculous hit confirms?

D

Deleted member

She is like falcon with a whip. Her neutral game heavily relies on her mobility, aka use of dash dance. She works off of tech chases due to her regular grab instead of auto combos. She lost a lot of her PM bull**** when they removed her dash cancelled nB as well. She functions similarly to a falcon that rarely gets gimped and is harder to combo, she's REALLY GOOD.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Next on my log is KH2HD..
Ah, KH2 Final Mix. Infinitely superior than it's original and significantly more difficult. They definitely addressed the complains of it being too easy. I remember getting my ass kicked left and right on the first FM release on PS2 before getting used to all of the changes. Then I tried Critical Mode. Yeesh. Was worth it, though, since for every KH game after that for me, it was Critical Mode or bust. I'm glad to see everything still holds up nice

One of my favorite things was to do hacked battles in KH2FM like a lot of people I followed way back then. Things fighting multiple bosses as once or duplicates of the same boss could be either really fun and challenging or really stupid in a good way.

Unless you go a bit overboard and bite off more than you can chew, then you get stuff like...

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
you mean the front of trying to push SSB4 competitively was entirely because of NoA wanting some extra marketing buff through little effort of their own????? o:

also hello, my horrible sleeping schedule meant I slept through S@X so I'll need them VODs at some point

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
I just played 2 Full Roster Iron Mans with a friend. It was a salt mine. Like full on screaming and shouting.

"Ooooh....I'm sorry."
"EVERYTHING'S FINE!"

He won Melee, but I SDed like 12 times.
I won PM, but he hates PM.

I wanna do it again. We never get mad at eachother. It's interesting.

Last edited:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Whos tryna get one last fug/cuddle session in before the new year

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
I don't understand the mentality that people shouldn't feel like they lost?
Because dwelling on misfortune is a complete waste of time, and it always looks like this:

Hope you understand now, but if you can't or won't, whelp.
I know it's late but you're not making a whole lot of sense to me. What do you mean by "based on a melee-esque background"?
Sounds to me like it's a more polite way of saying he's full of crap/doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

hey guys, look at my dank maymays XDDD

Last edited by a moderator:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
There was a problem fetching the tweet

don't be rude to your gamecubes. play some super mario sunshine

D

Deleted member

Or wind waker, or tales of symphonia, or paper mario TTYD, or luigis mansion, or pikmin 1 & 2 or double dash, or f-zero gx, or super monkey ball.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom