• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

CORY

wut
BRoomer
favorite response to the bot so far lmfao

you should slowly make bots to correct all of the common (then less common) grammatical mistakes. then set them up to prioritize responses to one another in their searches, so they can just constantly correct salty people.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
what's the best non-smash fighting game

I'm tryna buy myself a fighting game for christmas and idk which one to get
it has to be for pc so I'm thinking skullgirls or kof

but skullgirls has a small roster, kof 13 looks beautiful but isn't even the best in the series, but I don't want to pay 20 dollars for a 16 year old kof 98

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
what's the best non-smash fighting game

I'm tryna buy myself a fighting game for christmas and idk which one to get
it has to be for pc so I'm thinking skullgirls or kof

but skullgirls has a small roster, kof 13 looks beautiful but isn't even the best in the series, but I don't want to pay 20 dollars for a 16 year old kof 98
Idk if it's from my Melee bias but smaller roster is actually p cool; less matchups to learn and lets you really focus on the ones there.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
People get salty about unviable characters in Melee, but you only need a solid 5 good characters for a good competitive game. The fact you can pick Peach or Pika just add to the lolz. And some low tiers do well against the lower high tier chars (see YL and Luigi).

Will they ever remake the tier list and put Luigi higher than doc and put Falco as tippity top in Melee?
Lets not lie
aint no one impressed by u
I don't need your love, just your money.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
People get salty about unviable characters in Melee, but you only need a solid 5 good characters for a good competitive game. The fact you can pick Peach or Pika just add to the lolz. And some low tiers do well against the lower high tier chars (see YL and Luigi).

Will they ever remake the tier list and put Luigi higher than doc and put Falco as tippity top in Melee?
None of that matters because fox is the best
His only weakness, the thing controlling him is a human.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
also the fact that the standard for smash seems to be a standard 16:9 ratio or 4:3 ratio kinda sucks because playing on stretched 4:3 feels so much better

also if I hadn't played melee before and wanted to play competitive smash melee would seem dumb af because there's so many unviable chars (which are all the fun ones too), the meta seems to be dominated by two characters that are extremely similar to each other, marth and sheik which both seem to be game-breakingly dominant except when facing spacies or each other, and then puff and peach which both seem so hopeless when they're not winning but so dominant when they are winning

and then I would try to play the game and realize that at midlevel you hardly see any peaches, jiggs, or anything else when compared to spacies, marth, sheik, and falcon

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
literally the only people who think this are people who play melee
You are right, there is never beauty in simplicity.
Victory is worth everything.
Just cause your char is fastest, you think he is best. That is cute, but there is such a thing as diminishing return. While you get to be an inkling faster, laser gives Falco 100% safer aproaches.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Melee competitive viability pretty much cuts off after luigi/ganon
and unless you are ungodly good picking anyone other than spacies/marth/shiek you won't do well at high/top levels

Ignoring over half the cast, and the obscene skill floor needed to get into the game, which are huge hurdles to ignore, it's almost perfect. So like, objectivly I'd give it a 5.5/10. But it's perfect,10/10, only 12 characters

I'm a big fan of low tier tourneys in melee, I actually get to play the only other fun character, gnw, but if the whole game was like that it would be dead (actually, everyone would have switched to brawl because they would be used to not being able to do anything.)

But PM though

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
ok games I have resolved to NOT play:
mahvel
usfiv
injustice

games I can't play:
anything not on the pc

games I currently play:
melee
pm

games I am interested in buying:
skullgirls
kof13
kof98
blazblue cse
blazblue ct
tatsunoko vs capcom
lethal league?

PMS GIVE ME ADVICE

OTHER OPTION:
fester in pm netplay hell with no other pm players in region constantly fighting desynching and lag because **** laptop and having to convince people to play in stretched 4:3 because it looks nicer

Last edited:

Bootsofhype

Smash Rookie
Thanks to the website smashboards, it is much easier for me to spread the truth. Thanks to the god of PM as well as the people who spent their time playing the game. However, as a messenger I wont be able to communicate because of the message I have to share on this world. Ill keep in touch whenever I have the free time. But for now, farewell brothers and sister of hype....

Top Bottom