• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Patt Edition: Development Permanently Discontinued

Dan Daniels

Smash Cadet
He just said he wasn't answering more of those questions.
Also, you might want to avoid a bunch of double posts and just edit them.
The video he posted should help you a bit.
haha! no you got it wrong. when you edit your same post twice thats double posting.

oh well it looks like I have to start over again on trying to download the patt edition.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan Daniels

Smash Cadet
Warning Received
ok now lets see.... since I already format my SD card, download the zip & copy the files to my SD card yesterday, can I still DEFRAG my SD card today TO GET IT TO WORK AFTER I DONE ALL THE OTHER STUFF YESTERDAY OR SHOULD I HAD DONE IT YESTERDAY WHILE I WAS DOING THE OTHER STUFF? AND IF I DO DEFRAG MY SD CARD, IT WONT MESS UP ANYTHING I ALREADY GOT ON IT WILL IT?

Oh, wait a second, do you have to download all of the "extra files" on Mediafire as well?

EDIT:
@ D Dan Daniels
Did you have Project M to begin with and then merge the files with the Patt Version?
HEY WHEN U DOWNLOADED THE ZIP, HOW MANY FILES OFF THE ZIP U SUPPOSE TO COPY INTO YER SD CARD??
& DO I ALREADY NEED TO HAVE THE PROJECT M IN MY SD CARD WHILE IM COPYING THE FILES OFF THE ZIP??

Last edited by a moderator:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Updated all characters to the newest smash 3 update adding mewtwo to the mix.

Also added the wii u final destination stage over melee destination.

This is all in my personal build that I'll release alongside the new project m update :)

Also just so everyone knows, forever and always all you EVER NEED for your wii or wii u is all the files in the zip folder called PMPE 3.0.2-10. ALL OF THEM. The hack won't work if you try and mix and match it over anything else in the sd.

And Dan Daniels.

Please stop spamming and watch the installation tutorial video or I will report you for disturbance of my peace to the internet popo. Im watching you kid. And caps lock doesn't make people read your comment. I think it has a different psychological effect though...

Oh and haha funny thing. All this was written in the original post on page 1 since forever so it's always best to look there :)

That is all.

Patt

Last edited:

Denve Keenan

Smash Rookie
does this work for PAL ? im from uk and love this mod and i was wondering if you made a PAL version or if the NTSC version works

iAmVentus

Smash Rookie
Patt is there a Stage ONLY version of your pack? I love your entire pack, but i want my own custom characters etc, but I want your stages. I asked this previously with no response :/

Bayeul

Smash Cadet
Hi,

First I would like to thank you for your huge job.
I am just discovering the project M and your update, so for me it is just awsome.

I just would like to change one or two stages,
so do you have a list of PAC files with theirs descriptions or pics.... or maybe a software to have an insight ?

Thanks to everyone have an idea !

Drinz

Smash Rookie
Hi,

First I would like to thank you for your huge job.
I am just discovering the project M and your update, so for me it is just awsome.

I just would like to change one or two stages,
so do you have a list of PAC files with theirs descriptions or pics.... or maybe a software to have an insight ?

Thanks to everyone have an idea !
You could get the stage manager and set its directory to the SD card
http://www.lakora.us/brawl/stagemanager/
Should let you see what they are

Edit: If you decide to make any changes, make sure to set a backup of the files! its really easy to break things as I have learned the hard way lol

Last edited:

LoneWolfRanger

Smash Apprentice
I hope the question has not already been asked... cant find it...
but how can i choose my name? I need it for my control options.

thnx!

edit:

just found out i can not select any char in the lower half of the screen...?

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I hope the question has not already been asked... cant find it...
but how can i choose my name? I need it for my control options.

thnx!

edit:

just found out i can not select any char in the lower half of the screen...?
Hey common problem. Please make sure to use my whole pack and not just parts of it. You need the code files included. My pack is a project m REPLACEMENT not a PATCH :)

Last edited:

LoneWolfRanger

Smash Apprentice
Ah, thank you. I indeed did not replace the code thingy. Maybe update it in your thread, there it says u only need to copy projectm folder files. (for hacked wiis)

Bayeul

Smash Cadet
thanks drinz you solve my first problem,

But when I try to replace a stage, it crash.
I just replace a stage and its rel file.

I suppose, it is more complicated so what I have to do exactly please ?

PretentiousCrouton

Smash Rookie
I'm having an issue installing the Patt edition of Project M and I can't find help anywhere so I'm wondering if anyone here can help. I was able to install the regular version of project M with no issues. I cleared out the regular project M files, but when trying to move the patt edition files onto my 2GB SD card, it says there is not enough room, but you cannot use any SD card larger than 2GB. I tried removing any files that weren't necessary, but its the projectm folder with all the fighters in it that is too large. What should I do?

Last edited:

Bayeul

Smash Cadet
For me it was really just as well but enough.
I red here that you can clear some brstm files in the 'sound' folder.

Bayeul

Smash Cadet
As I said before :
'...when I try to replace a stage, it crash.
I just replace a stage and its rel file.
I suppose, it is more complicated so what I have to do exactly please ?'

and now I replace another stage with its rel file, it works but when I replace all sss icons it crashs.
Why ???

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I'm having an issue installing the Patt edition of Project M and I can't find help anywhere so I'm wondering if anyone here can help. I was able to install the regular version of project M with no issues. I cleared out the regular project M files, but when trying to move the patt edition files onto my 2GB SD card, it says there is not enough room, but you cannot use any SD card larger than 2GB. I tried removing any files that weren't necessary, but its the projectm folder with all the fighters in it that is too large. What should I do?
Try formatting your card and trying again. Removing sound files lessens the experience!

Ah, thank you. I indeed did not replace the code thingy. Maybe update it in your thread, there it says u only need to copy projectm folder files. (for hacked wiis)
Oh I will for sure! Thanks for the heads up!

PretentiousCrouton

Smash Rookie
Try formatting your card and trying again. Removing sound files lessens the experience!

Oh I will for sure! Thanks for the heads up!
Sorry, I don't know how to format an SD card do you mind helping me out I wouldn't even know where to start or what to look for on google. Just a link to a website on how to format it for this situation would be great.

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Sorry, I don't know how to format an SD card do you mind helping me out I wouldn't even know where to start or what to look for on google. Just a link to a website on how to format it for this situation would be great.
Windows or mac?

On windows just right click your sd card in file explorer and hit format (choose quick format in options)

Your done!

Add the files and follow the instructions in the first post and your golden :)

PretentiousCrouton

Smash Rookie
Windows or mac?

On windows just right click your sd card in file explorer and hit format (choose quick format in options)

Your done!

Add the files and follow the instructions in the first post and your golden :)
Alright thanks so much! I've seen videos of your edition of project M, it looks great!

Booster

Smash Lord
Did you get it to work? :)

Brawl vault links saves me time and since there could be dozens of models for one character it would be nice to have the brawl vault link for accuracy.
How would I get you a Brawl Vault link without the thing accidentally downloading to my PC?

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
How would I get you a Brawl Vault link without the thing accidentally downloading to my PC?
There's a little icon on a submission that looks like link (from legend of Zelda). Click him and he will bring you to a brawlvault page holding just that submission. Copy that URL from the search bar of your browser and past it here.

Or right click that Link and click copy link address and paste it here.

Either or.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
Did you get it to work? :)

Brawl vault links saves me time and since there could be dozens of models for one character it would be nice to have the brawl vault link for accuracy.
I got the menu to work, I just didn't have the Little Mac skin. I was going follow the video tutorial, but decided that that was a lot to download and patch and mod for a single skin, so I just didn't bother XD

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I got the menu to work, I just didn't have the Little Mac skin. I was going follow the video tutorial, but decided that that was a lot to download and patch and mod for a single skin, so I just didn't bother XD
You should never patch my mod. You should always do a fresh install for each version, it'll save you headaches.

Last edited:

Wailord40

Smash Rookie
Hello I just got Patt Edition and I love it, but I'm interested in changing some movesets around and I was wondering if it was possible to change the moveset of a single alternate costume without changing the entire character, like if I wanted to give Cloud Strife a unique moveset but not Ike. Thanks

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hello I just got Patt Edition and I love it, but I'm interested in changing some movesets around and I was wondering if it was possible to change the moveset of a single alternate costume without changing the entire character, like if I wanted to give Cloud Strife a unique moveset but not Ike. Thanks
I wish this was possible but after some research either it is or it's so incredibly difficult it's not even worth it.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Yeah, I'll redownload it when you release the next version alongside Project M. :D
I appreciate all the hard work.
I'm working hard at the update that's coming! Lots of crappy character removals, stage additions and music changes. I've been doing this for so long that I can only really do minor tweaks. I don't want to change my UI to much because it's become synonymous with PMPE, and I love too many if the characters for me to remove them.

Anyways here's an updated work in progress changelog for 3.5-01

PM 3.5-01

CHARACTER UPDATES
Updated all characters to newest smash 3 release
updated toon zelda to cel shaded
update ganondorf to mixed v1
updated lucina to newer model
updated flygon over charizard
updated roy over wario
updated little mac on captain falcon
updated knuckles on sonic
update metal sonic on sonic (question would you guys rather an okay sonic metal sonic or an awesome wolf metal sonic?)

CHARACTER REPLACEMENTS
replaced feraligator charizard with Ho-oh skin (maybe keep)
replaced little lucario with sceptile over lucario
replaced sanji with soothe over sheik
replaced pirate wolf with general pepper over wolf
replaced striker mario with pac man
replaced king bulbin with nabbit over wario
replaced cloud with classic version over ike (change csp and bp)
replaced sephiroth with better skin over roy
replaced maxwell with Ninten over ness
repalced punch guy with masked man over ness
replaced pacman with blaze the cat on sonic
replaced nidoking with mecha bowser over bowser
replaced diablo with Superman over ganondorf Freeze
replaced nidoran with Spyro over ivysaur
replaced aqua with axel over marth
replaced green bird sonic with leon over falco
replaced dark samus with arbiter over samus
replaced cloister with demidevimon over metaknight
replaced megaman with PED samus over samus
replaced bomb kid with Ty over toonlink
replaced pirate yoshi with guilmon over yoshi (great model.. no egg)
replaced non masked man lucas with mumbo jumbo over Lucas
replaced bowser with gruntilda over dedede

STAGES
reorganized SSS to group stage themes together
replaced mushroomy kingdom 1 with acorn plains
replaced tournament stage (dragon ball) with bombomb battle field
replaced sei-an city with vs. bowser
replaced vs. bowser with metamine
replaced going merry with normal pirate ship
replaced sacred realm with simpler transitions version
Replaced final destination melee with wii u version
replaced super mario world stage with Deku Palace
replaced venom with wily’s castle

SONGS
replaced x10 with acorn plains
replaced t05 with bombomb battle field music
R04 with Entering Unbound
q04 with before battle
w14 with battle 1
x06 with bowser vs song
made x20 last day remix
Added monolith announcer (temp)
Changed t01 with final destination wii u
changed Y15 to deku palace remix
changed Y14 to Wily’s castle

To do:
Transfer everything over to 3.5
Change final destination songs (that stupid rap song)
find stages to match characters (remove extra un-needed mario/zelda/pokemon stages)

Please post any recommendations for stages that represent your favourite of the 300+ characters in my pack :)

Last edited:

Wargod691

Smash Rookie
Hi patt would it be possible to add a young link skin over one of toon links alt skins (I think his shell from elegy of emptiness would be the best one to get rid of)

I can find a brawl vault link if you want but there are quite a few to choose from.

Can't wait to see the next version.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hi patt would it be possible to add a young link skin over one of toon links alt skins (I think his shell from elegy of emptiness would be the best one to get rid of)

I can find a brawl vault link if you want but there are quite a few to choose from.

Can't wait to see the next version.
Any young link skin I've ever tried (and I've tried all of them) have issues with the feet where the model is too big and the feet go through the floor. It looks horrendous. Unless you find one that works well I won't add it unfortunately!

Thanks for your input!

Wargod691

Smash Rookie
Any young link skin I've ever tried (and I've tried all of them) have issues with the feet where the model is too big and the feet go through the floor. It looks horrendous. Unless you find one that works well I won't add it unfortunately!

Thanks for your input!
There's a pack floating around on these forums that has a young link model that works fine (I think it's NFreaks build) but not sure if he adjusted the model prior to adding it.

Sadly I'm next to useless in regards to brawl hacking. Wish I could help further.

Top Bottom