• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Patt Edition: Development Permanently Discontinued

MFMAXY

Smash Apprentice
How did you fuse Cbliss and the Classic Expansion Pack? Do you use Brawl Costume Manager? (I've never gotten it to work with Cbliss)

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
How did you fuse Cbliss and the Classic Expansion Pack? Do you use Brawl Costume Manager? (I've never gotten it to work with Cbliss)
I personally used NFreaks build to do it. He had everything together and stable so I used it and ported over Theytahk's build (his build had stable dolphin music)

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Here's an image of what Ive been working on today! Fixing Ganon's weird sword position when it's on his hip!

Enjoy! I uploaded a patch file for everyone who has download -11 already in the downloads section. I am also going to upload a full version with this fix already inset.

Because some people may not like the new ganon, I am also releasing a patch that will replace ganon with his PM 3.0.2 moveset. I hope to provide an sd.raw with these changes soon as well.

Look forward to it!

James Cronin

Smash Rookie
I've had trouble downloading Patt Edition for a while now. I've tried on three different computers, but it hasn't worked. Every time I try to extract the files the computers say that the file is corrupted and or destroyed. I let the file download fully and I've downloaded three different applications to extract the files. Whats wrong?

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I've had trouble downloading Patt Edition for a while now. I've tried on three different computers, but it hasn't worked. Every time I try to extract the files the computers say that the file is corrupted and or destroyed. I let the file download fully and I've downloaded three different applications to extract the files. Whats wrong?
I'm not sure. I use winrar on windows and it works for me. Try disabling Adblock or try a different browser. I know the pack works. I've tested the download multiple times.

Patches and new hackless and dolphin builds are up on mediafire! Enjoy!

Last edited:

James Cronin

Smash Rookie
I have used WinRAR and it hasn't worked for me. I also use a Windows laptop. Do I have to upgrade my MediaFire account?

Go Go Ganon

Smash Rookie
Created an account to tell you how much I love the build! Been having a blast and all my friends love it. Had no difficult downloading it from MediaFire and loading it up onto my SD. Worked the first time. Just swapped out the Ganon files and will test em out tomorrow when I get a chance. Sorry if it's been mentioned before (and I'm sure it has); but are you not supposed to be able to remove a player on the selection screen? To reiterate -- I am unable to remove the WiiMote player (that is default) with a controller player. Had no issue removing it with vanilla PM, but I can only switch between WiiMote and CPU on PMPE. I have only been successful with removing it by taking out the WiiMote batteries. Sorry if that made no sense...

Last edited:

Bayeul

Smash Cadet
Need your help please.
I am looking for original stages of brawl like mario circuit for project M.
I don't have a bd player on my old computer, so how can I found these pac files ?

thanks

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Need your help please.
I am looking for original stages of brawl like mario circuit for project M.
I don't have a bd player on my old computer, so how can I found these pac files ?

thanks
Ask on TheytahK's mod school please :) I don't discuss in depth how to edit my pack here sorry :(

Created an account to tell you how much I love the build! Been having a blast and all my friends love it. Had no difficult downloading it from MediaFire and loading it up onto my SD. Worked the first time. Just swapped out the Ganon files and will test em out tomorrow when I get a chance. Sorry if it's been mentioned before (and I'm sure it has); but are you not supposed to be able to remove a player on the selection screen? To reiterate -- I am unable to remove the WiiMote player (that is default) with a controller player. Had no issue removing it with vanilla PM, but I can only switch between WiiMote and CPU on PMPE. I have only been successful with removing it by taking out the WiiMote batteries. Sorry if that made no sense...
Thank you for your response! It's so encouraging to here it wasn't hard to install.

The character screen issue is a real issue and I'm working on it! I. Hope for it to be solved by the next update. Removing the batteries sadly is the only way so far..

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
My SD card looks like the picture, and there are no custom stages. It's not soft freezing, it's just going to the normal stage builder. It only worked for me before when I took the original Project M and merged it with your files.
I don't suppose you've seen anyone else with this problem, have you Patt? Because I was looking around the forums and couldn't find anyone else who did. :c

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I have the exact same problem.
Make sure your sd card is not in locked position. Make sure it's been formatted. Make sure there are no stages in stage builder. Make sure your sd card looks like the image on the first post tutorial. Stage builder should hook immediately, if it doesn't try again.

I made sure to re merge project m into my newest build. Try redownloading it and following the above steps.

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
Hey Patt, do you know the full name of the "Flame Remix" song (number D02)? I've searched for it and I can't find the song, so I was hoping you might know.

ALSO, what's the difference between Kirby number 1 and 3 in http://imgur.com/a/3FH1w? Sorry, I'm just really curious before I download the pack again.

Last edited:

James Cronin

Smash Rookie
my sd card has been formatted, and it isn't locked. There are no stages in stage builder, and my sd card looks exactly like the image on the tutorial page. When I open stage builder the screen shows four gray squares. PMPE wont load on The Homebrew Channel for me either. It would be so awesome if I could find out what is going on! My buds cant wait to play PMPE and neither can I! thank you!

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hey Patt, do you know the full name of the "Flame Remix" song (number D02)? I've searched for it and I can't find the song, so I was hoping you might know.

ALSO, what's the difference between Kirby number 1 and 3 in http://imgur.com/a/3FH1w? Sorry, I'm just really curious before I download the pack again.
One is default Kirby and the other is n64 Kirby. Couldn't find a good portrait for the n64 version, sorry for the confusion.

I don't know the song title actually.. I forgot to keep track of that name. Try shazaming it?

my sd card has been formatted, and it isn't locked. There are no stages in stage builder, and my sd card looks exactly like the image on the tutorial page. When I open stage builder the screen shows four gray squares. PMPE wont load on The Homebrew Channel for me either. It would be so awesome if I could find out what is going on! My buds cant wait to play PMPE and neither can I! thank you!
So this morning I tried playing on my wii u and gecko wouldn't load. I couldn't back out of stage builder so I unplugged my wii u and tried again. Nothing. A third time. Nothing. It took four times of me just trying and then it worked.. No idea why it just happens sometimes. It could be the extra files in there like the readme's and such. But I recommend just trying again. It might be because there's so much content in my build.

I'll look into it but if you've done all you can just keep trying :)

Last edited:

James Cronin

Smash Rookie
So this morning I tried playing on my wii u and gecko wouldn't load. I couldn't back out of stage builder so I unplugged my wii u and tried again. Nothing. A third time. Nothing. It took four times of me just trying and then it worked.. No idea why it just happens sometimes. It could be the extra files in there like the readme's and such. But I recommend just trying again. It might be because there's so much content in my build.

I'll look into it but if you've done all you can just keep trying :)[/quote]

Thank you Patt :) I will keep trying. Although I am a bit confused about why it doesn't load on The Homebrew Channel. Am I missing files? my Wiii doesn't freeze when I open the Stage Builder. The screen shows 2 grey squares on each side of the "New" icon.

Last edited:

MFMAXY

Smash Apprentice
Do you have a blank version of your build perhaps? I want to create a build but I can't get Cbliss + Project M + Stage Expansion to work.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect

I'll look into it but if you've done all you can just keep trying :)

Thank you Patt :) I will keep trying. Although I am a bit confused about why it doesn't load on The Homebrew Channel. Am I missing files? my Wiii doesn't freeze when I open the Stage Builder. The screen shows 2 grey squares on each side of the "New" icon.[/quote]
Your trying this on homebrew? My pack isn't built for home brew only hackless (load up brawl go through stage builder method)

Do you have a blank version of your build perhaps? I want to create a build but I can't get Cbliss + Project M + Stage Expansion to work.
Download NFreaks pack. His has cbliss and expansion pack but doesn't have my modifications to the character select screen. Make sure you make it your own if you make it public. That's how I made mine with cbliss and stage expansion :)

Last edited:

Booster

Smash Lord
I'm gonna wait to download the pack once Project M 3.5 is out. Also, Big Boss was announced as a Snake costume, are you going to keep it in your 3.5 update?

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
ATTENTION ALL!

It has come to my attention that the means in which my build was launching through Stage Builder was out of date. I have updated my pack now to include the newer Project M Launcher. It should work most of the time.

For all of you who were having issues with Patt Edition please apply THIS PATCH to your build. Thank you and sorry for all the trouble I have caused you! I realized that as I was trying to help you, I was assuming the issue was on your end but it was partially on mine as well.

I am uploading a new complete build so this issue does not happen to anyone else.

I am sorry.

Please apply the patch and enjoy Project M Patt Edition! Thanks all!

Last edited:

Ludicium Gaming

Smash Rookie
Hey Patt Its Ludicium Gaming :)
I just wanted to say Thanks!! One for Linking My Video On Your original Post :)
and two: for Making your pack. Me and my friends have had a ton of fun playing on it!
Oh and I just posted a video for Patt Edition 3.0.2-11! :) Its processing right now, and should be up around 11:00.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hey Patt Its Ludicium Gaming :)
I just wanted to say Thanks!! One for Linking My Video On Your original Post :)
and two: for Making your pack. Me and my friends have had a ton of fun playing on it!
Oh and I just posted a video for Patt Edition 3.0.2-11! :) Its processing right now, and should be up around 11:00.
Did you apply the sword ganon patch?

Ludicium Gaming

Smash Rookie
Did you apply the sword ganon patch?
Oh and I want to link the vid lol, But I need 10 posts to post a link. And I only made this account to thank you, so I thats not happening any time soon lol. The vid is in the description of my Patt Edition -10 Vid you linked, and Its the newest video on my channel.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Oh and I want to link the vid lol, But I need 10 posts to post a link. And I only made this account to thank you, so I thats not happening any time soon lol. The vid is in the description of my Patt Edition -10 Vid you linked, and Its the newest video on my channel.
Ill find it don't worry! Thanks, it helps me a lot in showing my build to those who don't have the time to download it just to check!

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
The patch caused it to crash every time I tried to play, so I formatted it and tried it with the full version, that already had the patch preinstalled. Wish me luck.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I'm getting the correct menu, and with all of the skins and stages. But it freezes on every stage.
When it was pulling up, there was something about eventbook failing or something.
You playing on dolphin or wii? Event hook? What does your launcher menu look like? Does it say update and such?

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
No problem :) It's a ton of fun recording the vid.
Wow! What's up with Johnny Bravo's sword? Oh well.. It is what it is haha. Thanks for making the video!

Wii. Event hook or something like that. Regular Project M launch screen with update and such, but with the music from your files.
I think its your SD card my friend. Try cleaning your brawl disc with a micro fiber cloth as well.

Format your SD, re-add the newest build, try again :)

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
Wow! What's up with Johnny Bravo's sword? Oh well.. It is what it is haha. Thanks for making the video!

I think its your SD card my friend. Try cleaning your brawl disc with a micro fiber cloth as well.

Format your SD, re-add the newest build, try again :)
I already formatted and re-added, but I'll try.

Top Bottom