• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Patt Edition: Development Permanently Discontinued

The Incinerator

Smash Cadet
Hey Pat, I am trying to add just a few personalizations to your pack such as changing the css screen from the pillar to a more standard one however I am fairly certain you must have used some code to implement the pillar css, as I have I have no idea how to edit codes I am wondering if you could provide me with a version of the gct that would work with other standard css's

Dan Daniels

Smash Cadet
when i put all the computer players on 9 the fighters on this pack are so crazy! they fight like theres no tomorrow! they wont give me the chance to get a hit off of them! pure crazy! haha!

Jonathan Lindamood

Smash Rookie
So I just bought a SD 2GB Card
Then i downloaded PMPE 3.0.2-11b Complete build
I then take the files and place them on my SD card.
Then i press extract here(WINRare)
After that it says it needs more space???
So i just can't get it to work! Help!(Im using a PSY Predmiom 2GB SD card)

MayWutangRaiseU

Smash Rookie
Yo guys, my wii is homebrewed, can i launch it from riivolution instead of Gecko and if not, what happens if i load it with gecko but with a 4gb sd card ? I searched everywhere and i can't find a 2gb in store.
Hey guys, I tested it with a 4gb sdhc card and it work with no problems. This is for the people who are worried about getting a sd card that's more than 2 gb. (On homebrew only)

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Is there a list of credits?
I had a working text file then I lost it. After staring blankly at the over 300 costumes that I had added, not to mention stages and songs, I gave up. I just operate off the fact that if someone notices there work when they play they can let me know if they want credit. Otherwise, I credit the "Smash Community". If you want help looking for a specific element, always look at Brawl Vault.

EDIT: Sad. A double post.

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
I had a working text file then I lost it. After staring blankly at the over 300 costumes that I had added, not to mention stages and songs, I gave up. I just operate off the fact that if someone notices there work when they play they can let me know if they want credit. Otherwise, I credit the "Smash Community". If you want help looking for a specific element, always look at Brawl Vault.
Was just curious, because I have the only Sothe model uploaded on KCMM lol

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
@ Patt Anderson Patt Anderson , I have a request. I have stated this in the past, (probably quite a bit. Im a noob) but is it possible we could get a 64 model of Fox? That would be GREAT!
I'll have to see if there are any good ones out there.

Hey everyone :) Found some time and made some changes to the build. Here's my current working change list so far. Maybe I'll release a new update with these changes, but I'm still looking for more stuff to tweak and add so don't expect one soon.

DONE:

Characters:
Returned Ganon to normal (sword version still available for download)
Changed Diddy’s main skin to normal
Updated all characters' main slots to current Smash 3 standards

Sounds:
Changed menu music songs
Changed diddys voice
Changed Links voice (melee only)
May have changed Pit's voice? I don't remember haha

UI:
Changed skyward links csp and bp
Changed armour mewtwo’s CSP to Smash 3
Changed gameAndWatch to Smash 3 CSP, altered BP's
updated to new non-gradient, Smash 3 HUD

TO DO:
add this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0u5e6jl1OA
overhall all of my fonts and start screens to more WIIU Style or just more Swiss
look for fun stages
wait for everything to be updated to the new version of PM later

Also, looking for some interesting and fun (also well designed graphically and functionally) stages for my build. Anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited:

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
Here you go patt: the alterations i made to the 11b build i used for the Tournament, 32 entrants, all had fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7lYXpYrsOw
-read the video description for details
-the audio being high pitched is a small bug in my capture device, I hope to fix it soon.

only adjustments i was given was to ban mini character skins like baby bowser or the NES Mario from tourney matches because they have smaller hitboxes. Everything else was smooth as butter all night!

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
There's actually a slightly less known way to do this without modding your Wii. It just requires you to do a couple extra steps:
http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/2119co/tutorial_how_to_get_hackless_project_m_to_work_on/
Doesn't look too difficult. Unfortunately I can't make use of it myself because I only own a wiiU and wouldn't want to design a build that doesn't support that platform. Regardless this is helpful for those with large sd cards, so thanks for the guide!

David Ducharme

Smash Rookie
Hey I was wondering if you could help me! I recently downloaded the latest version of this on my 2gb SD card. Previously I had the original version of Project M until my friend had told me about this! I looked up a couple versions and this looks amazing! I deleted all of my old project M files on the SD card and did a full format of it. I then downloaded the latest zip file and extracted the files to the cleansed 2gb SD card (Same thing like the original Project M). The original one worked for me before but with this pack (Running on a hackless WiiU btw) I open stage builder and it says I have no stages. I have deleted them all previously but it says there are no stages on the SD card and Gecko wont start whenever I open Stage Builder with the SD card within my WiiU. I dont know if my problem is having the Wii U instead of the Wii or if my files are in a different position then they should be. I did watch a video and followed all the steps but it still wont work. Any thoughts?

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hey I was wondering if you could help me! I recently downloaded the latest version of this on my 2gb SD card. Previously I had the original version of Project M until my friend had told me about this! I looked up a couple versions and this looks amazing! I deleted all of my old project M files on the SD card and did a full format of it. I then downloaded the latest zip file and extracted the files to the cleansed 2gb SD card (Same thing like the original Project M). The original one worked for me before but with this pack (Running on a hackless WiiU btw) I open stage builder and it says I have no stages. I have deleted them all previously but it says there are no stages on the SD card and Gecko wont start whenever I open Stage Builder with the SD card within my WiiU. I dont know if my problem is having the Wii U instead of the Wii or if my files are in a different position then they should be. I did watch a video and followed all the steps but it still wont work. Any thoughts?
The only thing I can say is sometimes, for whatever reason, it doesn't boot up the first time (or sometimes the second time). If you put the files in correctly (like the image on my main post) then the rest sounds like you did it correctly. Try again! I have a Wii U and that is my primary testing machine. Keep at it! It should work right away, but if it doesn't, I'm sorry for the inconvenience of having to unplug your wii U... I know the pain! :(

Edit To All Who May (Or May Not) Care: And on an unrelated side note.. Someone stole my new helmet from my scooter. How brutal hey? Why people would ever want to steal someone else's stuff is beyond me.. Well time to start saving again. /rant

Last edited:

Sandfall

Stage Designer
Doesn't look too difficult. Unfortunately I can't make use of it myself because I only own a wiiU and wouldn't want to design a build that doesn't support that platform. Regardless this is helpful for those with large sd cards, so thanks for the guide!
No prob. As a note, this method will only work on the Wii you set it up for (since it requires your Wii's MAC address), so it's not something that you would be able to put in the build anyway :p

JPRyan04

Smash Rookie
Premium
Has anyone encountered a problem where you can't select any character on the bottom half of the character select screen manually? I can use them when I choose random and get them by chance, but I can't choose them on my own. My little token disappears once I get to those characters and I can't pick it at all. Same goes for choosing them for CPUs.

I'm playing on Dolphin, if that makes a difference.

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Has anyone encountered a problem where you can't select any character on the bottom half of the character select screen manually? I can use them when I choose random and get them by chance, but I can't choose them on my own. My little token disappears once I get to those characters and I can't pick it at all. Same goes for choosing them for CPUs.

I'm playing on Dolphin, if that makes a difference.
This would only occur if the gct didn't transfer properly. But your on dolphin with my pre built sd card... Did you happen to change the gct?

Last edited:

JPRyan04

Smash Rookie
Premium
I'm going to just try to do this all again from the beginning. I likely messed something up along the way.

CoeusFreeze

Smash Cadet
I have a couple requests for future costumes, if possible.

Fawful costume for Ness
Midbus costume for Bowser
Balrog (From Cave Story) for Bowser
Yangus (Dragon Quest VIII) for King Dedede
Spike (Cowboy Bebop) for Captain Falcon

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
Hey Matt, I'm pretty upset right now. I digged all over my darn house looking for a stupid 2GB SD Card, but to no avail. Idk if they sell them at Walmart either. Do you think they'll have them at RadioShack? If so, how much would it cost?

Top Bottom