• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Patt Edition: Development Permanently Discontinued

Dos efes

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I'm very new to this, not really the most tech savvy, so I registered after lurking a while to see if I could please get some help:

So, I can run the mod on Dolphin, but ever since I got Dolphin 4.0, I get constant slow downs. I realize this is a consequence of a more accurate emulation of the Wii's hardware, but I could't care less for that. So I'd really wish to run the mod on Dolphin 3.5, where id be able to play it, the thing is, I cant!

So I was wondering if there was a way to integrate the mod directly to my Brawl ISO and run it that way on 3.5.

Edit: Guess I'd also have to get Project M inside the ISO first, as well. Is this possible at all?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
Patt, will you be releasing your updated patch soon? because I'll be having my tournament September 27th and 40 of my friends will be playing it and I'd like there to be no crashes whatsoever, Please. Thanks!
Hey guys, I'm very new to this, not really the most tech savvy, so I registered after lurking a while to see if I could please get some help:

So, I can run the mod on Dolphin, but ever since I got Dolphin 4.0, I get constant slow downs. I realize this is a consequence of a more accurate emulation of the Wii's hardware, but I could't care less for that. So I'd really wish to run the mod on Dolphin 3.5, where id be able to play it, the thing is, I cant!

So I was wondering if there was a way to integrate the mod directly to my Brawl ISO and run it that way on 3.5.

Thanks in advance!
There is a Brawl ISO maker here:http://gbatemp.net/threads/ssbb-mod-iso-builder.351177/
a reddit guide here:http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/1m9shk/project_m_injected_into_a_iso_guide/

Please tell me which version of 3.5 you are using so I can try it out since I also have slowdowns. what kind of PC do you have?

What are your FPS in the latest 4.0 dev builds? and what are your FPS in the 3.5 dev build? I'm curious.

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Alright so all i have to do is download the complete build file and the changelog 11b and put it in my sd card?
You don't need to download the changelog. Just the build. If you download the changelog it doesn't need to go on your card.

The hack looks nice but there is one problem, can you upload the hack to dropbox and not mediafire? (The hackless version to be exact). I do not have a credit card to buy Mediafire Pro.
You do not need pro to download from mediafire. Your trying to download the wrong files. Just go into the hackles build section and download the 11b zip. And Dropbox sucks because of their download cap. The amount of traffic I get for downloading would cripple that link in a day :(

Alright I just downloaded the main build, put it in my sd card and loaded up brawl and then stage builder but nothing loaded up, the patt edition 11 work fine but i cant get it to work with 11b Can you tell me the specific files I need to download and put in my sd card?
Please read the first post it has all the instructions you need.

Just did the same and nothing loaded up for me as well.
Make sure to read the first post for troubleshooting. It does work I know that for sure :)

Double post woops
Nice haha. I already uploaded the new build so no need for patching (it doesn't work with the general lurking populous). Please download 11b as it comes with all my fixes! Should be no freezing in this one! Do you ever document your tourneys? I'd love to see what a tournament with my pack looks like :)

Patt, will you be releasing your updated patch soon? because I'll be having my tournament September 27th and 40 of my friends will be playing it and I'd like there to be no crashes whatsoever, Please. Thanks!

There is a Brawl ISO maker here:http://gbatemp.net/threads/ssbb-mod-iso-builder.351177/
a reddit guide here:http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/1m9shk/project_m_injected_into_a_iso_guide/

Please tell me which version of 3.5 you are using so I can try it out since I also have slowdowns. what kind of PC do you have?

What are your FPS in the latest 4.0 dev builds? and what are your FPS in the 3.5 dev build? I'm curious.
I've tried a dozen times and I've never gotten my build to work as a built ISO. The codes get all strange.

Edit: Guess I'd also have to get Project M inside the ISO first, as well. Is this possible at all?

Thanks in advance!
As stated above I've tried a lot of times and never got a pre built pack working. Keep me posted on your progress.

Last edited:

That1GuyB4

Smash Rookie
Hey Patt ever since the last two updates for this mod it just doesn't work properly for me and im not sure why. When I start it up it will show the default Project M "Play, Update, etc." instead of Patt Editions and then it will just load the game as if it were unmodded but with the issue of crashing quickly.

Last edited:

badugi

Smash Rookie
almost everything works after I installed it and play in dolphin but the sound stutters/choppy. Does anyone know about this?

nvm, dolphin version 3.5 fixes this. Dunno why 4.0 makes sound stuttery.

Last edited:

Dos efes

Smash Cadet
Well if you couldn't, neither will I. So my last hope is to be able to run it through the boot.elf thing on Dolphin 3.5. Anyone know about that? 4.0 is really awful on me.

On Dolphn 3.5-367 I can run Brawl and Project M at an even 60fps on native resolution, sometimes dropping to the 40s in hectic stages. I use the recommended settings as shown in the installation thread on the support forum.

On Dolphin 4.0-2049 I sometimes get in the 30s, but it's usually in the 20s, with lots of skips and choppy sound. It is actually playable for a few matches on calm stages, but after, say, 10 minutes, it gets slower.

My PC is actually a 3 year old laptop. I can run most games except graphic intense late 2013 titles and so on.

GPU: GeForce GT 650M
CPU: Intel Core i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz
Memory: 8.00 GB RAM

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
Nice haha. I already uploaded the new build so no need for patching (it doesn't work with the general lurking populous). Please download 11b as it comes with all my fixes! Should be no freezing in this one! Do you ever document your tourneys? I'd love to see what a tournament with my pack looks like :)
Thanks! I've loaded it up onto 8x 2GB SD cards for the tournament.

My tournament will be held on Saturday September 27th @ 2:00pm EST to midnight EST.
35+ local entrants so far and counting for P:M Singles/Doubles, and Melee. We will have 8 Wii setups complete with 8 copies of Brawl/Melee on mostly CRTs (some flat screens).
It will be streamed live on my twitch channel at http://www.twitch.tv/pbjwsmash, if all is setup correctly the stream will be hosting a PM 3.02 PE-11b on Dolphin, if I can't get it to run at 60fps I'll stream from a Wii.

This will be my third event as TO, first event as a Commentator (go easy on me guise).

Last edited:

turboolimar

Smash Rookie
This all really confuses me. All I have right now is the normal project m 3.02. What do I need to do to make the hackless wifi version to work properly?
Thanks

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
This all really confuses me. All I have right now is the normal project m 3.02. What do I need to do to make the hackless wifi version to work properly?
Thanks
Follow the instructions on the first page. Download the hackless build from mediafire and place it on an empty sd card like project m.

turboolimar

Smash Rookie
Follow the instructions on the first page. Download the hackless build from mediafire and place it on an empty sd card like project m.
Thank you and I got it to work, but the sound keeps on messing up every minute or two . Is there something else beside complete build?

AstroHamsta

Smash Cadet
You don't need to download the changelog. Just the build. If you download the changelog it doesn't need to go on your card.

You do not need pro to download from mediafire. Your trying to download the wrong files. Just go into the hackles build section and download the 11b zip. And Dropbox sucks because of their download cap. The amount of traffic I get for downloading would cripple that link in a day :(

Please read the first post it has all the instructions you need.

Make sure to read the first post for troubleshooting. It does work I know that for sure :)

I've tried a dozen times and I've never gotten my build to work as a built ISO. The codes get all strange.

As stated above I've tried a lot of times and never got a pre built pack working. Keep me posted on your progress.
Thanks! It works now! but when i load stage builder. It somehow does not load the PM : PE Launcher:sadsheep:.

Hankypanksassin

Smash Rookie
HELP!!!! I'm have a stange issue with the Character slection screen. Once I move my pin lower than the row where the pokemon ar eit disappears and wont let me place it. Any idea to fix this?
Im using Dolphin
Made my game using the iso builder

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
Hi, Patt, some Dolphin testing feedback, So I'm trying to run your mod in Dolphin 3.5-120 which is one of the fastest versions that can run brawl in Dolphin on my PC, and the new final Destination looks like this when a Setting under Graphics<Hacks< called "Cache Display Lists" is checked....

without Cache Display Lists the game suffers from performance LOSS, with it on the game has performance INCREASE but it looks like that picture..., and the Master Chief Snake skin does the same glitching. Do you know what's causing this?

PLEASE don't remove skins or stages because of this, I can play with a performance loss, I'm just wondering if you know how to fix this. If anything I'd like to replace that New Final Destination with the original Melee version is possible.

But I do love this background of the new FD:

-Also some tournament-based feedback: the stage select screen (page1) makes it harder for new players to understand where the starter stages are, could you move the stages around to how it looked back in -10? when the Starters were all on the bottom row, please? It would make the tournament run much smoother. Thanks!

Edit2: Stage recommendation, Spiral Galaxy, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sfER2f64N4
another flat stage that can work as a counterpick in the style of Final Destination. I if you replaced one of the old brawl stages over with this it would help to have one more flat stage that I could make tourney legal. :)

Last edited:

Bayeul

Smash Cadet
Hey guys!!

Do you know how can I see which brstm is associated with custom stage (like stgcustom23 > X07...) ???
It is possible with stagemanager but not with custom stage :(

Patt maybe you have your list because I use your awesome pack!

Meridiuz

Smash Rookie
Hey Patt! Thanks for this awesome work bro i have been using your build for quite some time now and i have loved all the cool skins and stages, but i just broke my brawl disc and im using CFG usb loader to load Brawl, is itt possible to make your build work with this launcher? thanks in advance and keep up the good work! :D

Booster

Smash Lord
So are you going to keep Team Rocket Mewtwo when it releases as a costume like you're keeping Samus' White Suit? IMO it's the best costume revealed by Project M so far

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
So are you going to keep Team Rocket Mewtwo when it releases as a costume like you're keeping Samus' White Suit? IMO it's the best costume revealed by Project M so far
I love armour Mewtwo so I'll be keeping him for sure. I like my version of light suit samus better because it's a true model swap. But I think I answered your question haha.

BOWSER_BASHER

Smash Cadet
Are you taking suggestions when it comes to costumes in the next update? I have a few I'd like to see and think others will enjoy.

Booster

Smash Lord
I love armour Mewtwo so I'll be keeping him for sure. I like my version of light suit samus better because it's a true model swap. But I think I answered your question haha.
No Team Rocket Armored Mewtwo is like Armored Mewtwo, but with alot more red and black and a Rocket Emblem on the armor.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Are you taking suggestions when it comes to costumes in the next update? I have a few I'd like to see and think others will enjoy.
I always take suggestions :) I judge them based on model quality and level of brokenness in regards to gameplay but it doesn't hurt to suggest!

No Team Rocket Armored Mewtwo is like Armored Mewtwo, but with alot more red and black and a Rocket Emblem on the armor.
Oh I see.

BOWSER_BASHER

Smash Cadet
Cool! Here are my suggestions

Hydreigon for Charizard: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=23844
Poke Park "Classic" Charizard: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35810
Salamance for Ivysaur: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=33369
Torterra over Ivysaur: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=26066
Masked Dedede: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=205098
Striker Diddy: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=34553

Also, I suggest you get rid of either Fox's Shadow alt or Sonic's Shadow alt. I see no reason to have both.

BOWSER_BASHER

Smash Cadet
why would you want to?

Hey Patt, and forgive me if you've answered this already, you have any teasers about what you're planning for 3.5?
I gave him some suggestions for alt costumes I'd like to see, so he's taking costume suggestions.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I gave him some suggestions for alt costumes I'd like to see, so he's taking costume suggestions.
why would you want to?

Hey Patt, and forgive me if you've answered this already, you have any teasers about what you're planning for 3.5?
Well honestly I'm not planning anything too different than this version.

Stage expansion
Cbliss
Pillar menu
A million alts
Changed stages
I'll probably keep some PM alts but not likely
I'll have to wait for a lot of this code to work on 3.5 so my pack may take a bit before it comes out

And yah I always add new stages and alts when I find them and their awesome.

Suggestions are always welcome!

Atrax

Smash Rookie
Can you please bring back Nidoking for 3.5? I thought he was a great addition. As well a pichu bros. alt for ice climbers would be awesome in the next update. I know there is one on here. Some other cool ideas would be unmasked meta knight, mew, dimentia, and if there is one captain rainbow.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Can you please bring back Nidoking for 3.5? I thought he was a great addition. As well a pichu bros. alt for ice climbers would be awesome in the next update. I know there is one on here. Some other cool ideas would be unmasked meta knight, mew, dimentia, and if there is one captain rainbow.
Links to character skins on brawl vault are a must for any request :) Also I didn't like Nidoking Bowser. Looked really strange.

Sogekingdude

Smash Rookie
Hey Patt, love your build! I was wondering if you had a list of which stages go to which .pac files. Also, all the character skin's files are numbered in the same order as on your imgur, right?

Nevermind! I just found the stage, song, and costume managers!

Last edited:

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
Hey Patt, let me know if you can guide me on how to edit the stages order to make it like -10 where the starters were on the bottom row of page 1, since it'll make my tournament run smoother for all entrants.

And also if you know of a correct way to add the green outline to the starters and the yellow outline to the counterpicks, like in all the big tournament's Stage Select Screens. Thannks!

I previously posted about this here: http://smashboards.com/threads/pm-p...pdate-before-3-5.335820/page-39#post-17490067 but i think you missed it.

hdubard14

Smash Rookie
NNID
hdubard
I always take suggestions :) I judge them based on model quality and level of brokenness in regards to gameplay but it doesn't hurt to suggest!

As for a sugestion, I'll put an idea in your head. If possible, i'd LOVE to see super smash bros n64 character models, preferably Fox. And Link as well, but I would LOVE Fox!

Last edited:

Dan Daniels

Smash Cadet
hey I got it to work now! I wish I could have say this sooner but my computer was sort of slow though, but anyway I was playing it & its really awesome! with this pack its the best fighting game I ever played & it seems like I almost cant stop playing it because it so fun haha! thank you so much Patt & I love your pack & keep up the good work! :)

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
hey I got it to work now! I wish I could have say this sooner but my computer was sort of slow though, but anyway I was playing it & its really awesome! with this pack its the best fighting game I ever played & it seems like I almost cant stop playing it because it so fun haha! thank you so much Patt & I love your pack & keep up the good work! :)
After all we've been through I'm glad it's worked out! ❤

Top Bottom