• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Patt Edition: Development Permanently Discontinued

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hey I was wondering if it was possible to switch everything out except the stages/sound?
It's do sure possible, but that would be something that you would have to investigate on your own around the forums. I'm using PM CEP, so all you would have to do is take vanilla PM add CEP, then copy my modules, stages, and sound folders over. Then you would have to go through my common5 and copy the stage section into your version. Hopefully someone else can provide more details but I'm in the middle of school atm :(

Dan Daniels

Smash Cadet
i love snake's Michael Jackson skin he looks really cool! it be funny if his voice can sound like Michael's haha.

TyGotKrazyy50

Smash Rookie
NNID
TyGotKrazyy50
Hi! I have a google chrome book ( comptuer ) or some people call it chromebook! I have a chromebook and it cant extract I am trying out MediaFire see if that will help but can you help me!

Dan Daniels

Smash Cadet
if i play this pack on the wii i have will i be able to play this same pack for the super smash brothers on wii u too?

CoeusFreeze

Smash Cadet
I have a hackless wii and have PMPE on an SD card. I assume it is activated the same way PM is (Go to stage builder and it loads up), but that hasn't worked for me. The game doesn't even show up. I know it is on the SD card and I'm pretty darn sure its unzipped, so what am I doing wrong?

Vashyron

Smash Rookie
I downloaded the latest version of PMPE and it started up. I selected a character and played around for a bit. Everything seemed to be going fine. I selected a different character and tried to change his costume and the game froze. I had to restart the Wii U and now it can't output video from the HDMI. I set it to non-HDMI 480i and it saved. Then I tried to set it back to HDMI 1080p but it just says something to the effect of "unable to load settings turn the console off, and then try again." I keep restarting the console and trying different settings (HDMI 720p, etc.) but it gives me that same message. I know it can detect the HDMI because when I start it up now the Wii U says it detects a different cable and asks if I want it to change to output through it, but it just freezes when I select yes. Wii mode also doesn't display through the HDMI anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated :S....

EDIT: Solved! Family member researched and recommended I follow the instructions Nintendo suggests when the Wii U displays black and white, which is to change all the video settings to their opposite and then change them back. I first changed it to non-HDMI, 480i, 4:3 (even though I had already set the first two to that before, I redid it just in case), then changed it back to HDMI, 1080p, 16:9 and the settings actually saved! Feed appeared on my TV screen instantly. Figured I'd spell out what happened instead of doing "Edit: Nvm fixed."

Last edited:

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
So If I wanna use the triforce mod for ganondorf, would that be compatible with your build? It's just a fitganonmotion.pac

Also, are the costume slots super sensitive, like if I wanted to replace creepy toon link with a young link texture woud it implode the game?

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
So If I wanna use the triforce mod for ganondorf, would that be compatible with your build? It's just a fitganonmotion.pac

Also, are the costume slots super sensitive, like if I wanted to replace creepy toon link with a young link texture woud it implode the game?
The issue with the new versions of the triforce ganon mod is that he has integrated them with new skins which doesn't work for my mod unless I also add those skins with portraits and such

You can add your own skins if your up for the challenge. Young link skins often have issues with their feet going through the stages but it's doable. The portraits won't match but that doesn't matter too much

For everyone having issues sorry for not responding! I can't take the time to troubleshoot during school but I can answer small questions for sure.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
The issue with the new versions of the triforce ganon mod is that he has integrated them with new skins which doesn't work for my mod unless I also add those skins with portraits and such

You can add your own skins if your up for the challenge. Young link skins often have issues with their feet going through the stages but it's doable. The portraits won't match but that doesn't matter too much

For everyone having issues sorry for not responding! I can't take the time to troubleshoot during school but I can answer small questions for sure.
But would just the figanonmotion work? If I just isolate that file?

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
I've tried it. The issue is because the sword is built into his custom costumes there is no sword when ganon is swinging around.
Damn, If I juat scappred the whole Ganon folder and replaced it would that affect playability, or just the CSS not matching up? Because I can't stand the vanilla sword mod, no offesne

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Damn, If I juat scappred the whole Ganon folder and replaced it would that affect playability, or just the CSS not matching up? Because I can't stand the vanilla sword mod, no offesne
None taken. I'd you remove everything in the ganon folder and add his mod, you still need to full in the cbliss models or the game will freeze. Just make duplicates of his skins until you have the same number of skins as I did.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Alright one more question, if I just delete the fitganonmotion pac you have, will that at least revert him to standard PM Ganon?

MayWutangRaiseU

Smash Rookie
Yo guys, my wii is homebrewed, can i launch it from riivolution instead of Gecko and if not, what happens if i load it with gecko but with a 4gb sd card ? I searched everywhere and i can't find a 2gb in store.

Wismarck

Smash Rookie
hello, I just recently downloaded project m and now I see this ? do the characters move change? does it keep the same frame rate per attack? is this a costume download only? how do I add this to my sd card to play in my Wii ? Do I have to delete the info and downloaded it from another source?

Dan Daniels

Smash Cadet
I cant dowlaod it mediafire wont allow me anyone know why?
hey this happen to me before & I think I know what you going through. for some unknown reason it sometimes does that. I believe you have to get off mediafire, go to the previous page & then go back to mediafire. if that doen't work you might wanna X out from the internet & then click on the browser & go back to the internet & go back to mediafire. it might let you download it then. that sometimes helps if you do it like that if i'm not mistaking.

DvdG

Smash Rookie
Hey Patt, I don't know if you still take suggestions but I would love kid Goku as a Lucas skin! He fits perfectly imo! (preferably in his original blue costume). I love lucas in pm but personally I'm not a big fan of any of the skins you added for Lucas. You could also add (kid) krillin, chiaotzu and kid gohan btw. It's obvious that you like adding dbz characters so I hope that you agree with me. :D Can't wait to kick ass with kid Goku!

I haven't found a good model of kid goku yet but he should look either like this http://cfile21.uf.tistory.com/image/235F804852A98B060B0543
or like this
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xvWusz7TRxo/TibomJ-1tsI/AAAAAAAAAgM/RxpwNegZYmA/s1600/DB_Goku.jpg

I don't even know if this kinda stuff is useful but here is a nice model for kid gohan: http://www.models-resource.com/gamecube/dragonballzbudokai/model/4118/

Last edited:

Dan Daniels

Smash Cadet
I wonder what's R.O.B.'s skin is? the 1 that looks like a bunch of purple cubes or blocks or something.

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
Does this build automatically update or something? There are a few alt. costumes I don't remember from when I played Project M last week, especially Duck Hunt Dog.

Also, I encountered a really awesome/weird bug in team battles. If you have two captain falcons on the red team, the second captain falcon has the wackiest textures. Could just be mine, but check it out. It looks pretty cool.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Are You Spencer from Swimming Or Did He Lie To Me????????????
I am He. But like Batman I try to keep my identity a secret shrouded in mystery... And stuff. Check your messages :)
Does this build automatically update or something? There are a few alt. costumes I don't remember from when I played Project M last week, especially Duck Hunt Dog.

Also, I encountered a really awesome/weird bug in team battles. If you have two captain falcons on the red team, the second captain falcon has the wackiest textures. Could just be mine, but check it out. It looks pretty cool.
You probably just never noticed it. It would be cool if it updated automatically. Also that's weird about the bug with textures. Could you describe it more clearly?

Last edited:

KrAve

Smash Rookie
(I own Brawl but my Disk Drive crapped out on me couple years ago)
How do I do this if I have to use USB Loader GX to play? I can't put in my disk of brawl because my disk drive doesn't work. So how would I go on doing this? If I have to compile project m and brawl together into a ISO file. Do I put the Patt Edition with the project M stuff and compile it like that?

Nick_Rapitis

Smash Rookie
I keep trying to download the updated version and every time when I go to extract the files from the zipped folder it says its empty. Any one know whats going on? I love playing the Patt edition but want the newest version!

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
(I own Brawl but my Disk Drive crapped out on me couple years ago)
How do I do this if I have to use USB Loader GX to play? I can't put in my disk of brawl because my disk drive doesn't work. So how would I go on doing this? If I have to compile project m and brawl together into a ISO file. Do I put the Patt Edition with the project M stuff and compile it like that?
when you go to load the game, go to Settings > Loader Settings > Ocarina: ON

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
You probably just never noticed it. It would be cool if it updated automatically.
But... I downloaded this before the duck hunt dog leak, and there's a texture that looks exactly like DHD. That's really gonna bug me. And with the texture bug, it kinda looks like this but with sharp knives instead of a bunch of dots: http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Kry3YRyupAg/maxresdefault.jpg

Don't try to fix the texture bug though, it looks awesome. I'll try to get pictures.

Last edited:
Top Bottom