• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

un.dead

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Project M code ⬆
3DS FC
0650-2459-4046
Who's down for a 2v2? I need one person.

Edit: @ SushiKiller SushiKiller my FC is right there under my pic.

Last edited:

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
DID U JUST INSULT BOWSER ARHHRHRHHRAHHRAAAA GTFO
What? I play Bowser. Why would I insult him? He's a bad character, but literally every time I tried to punish you it was mistimed and you ate me with armor, or the lag ate one of the 1,000 inputs per minute I have to do, or just screwed my recovery which is why I left. The second set was better though because I could actually punish you.

SushiKiller

Smash Apprentice
What? I play Bowser. Why would I insult him? He's a bad character, but literally every time I tried to punish you it was mistimed and you ate me with armor, or the lag ate one of the 1,000 inputs per minute I have to do, or just screwed my recovery which is why I left. The second set was better though because I could actually punish you.
Yes I know he is a bad character I should have said jk after that message cuz I was joking of course

Jesus+1

Strawhat Pirate
3DS FC
0705-3756-2752
@ TheKmanOfSmash TheKmanOfSmash Good games man, had a lot of fun even though I don't think I took a game off you lol

Can you give me any tips or anything you caught me doing that I shouldn't have been?
I'm going to ShuffleVII (Midwest Major) in a few weeks and I wanna improve some before then c:

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
@ TheKmanOfSmash TheKmanOfSmash Good games man, had a lot of fun even though I don't think I took a game off you lol

Can you give me any tips or anything you caught me doing that I shouldn't have been?
I'm going to ShuffleVII (Midwest Major) in a few weeks and I wanna improve some before then c:
And sure. Well, I think many of the exchanges I was taking a lot of advantage of was the edgeguarding/offstage game. Many of your ledge options and recovery options were very predictable. Like with Falcon, when you were on the ledge, you'd always do ledgehop Knee. I can easily shield that and throw you right off or hit you with a well spaced up-tilt. Also, you used raptor boost near the ledge to recover a lot, so it was very easy for me to get edgeguards on you because I could just hold the ledge and you don't get back. Or if you side-b onstage, I can get things like that one Falcon Punch :') . Mix-ups on your recovery are suuuuuper important. Don't catch yourself getting punished for the same thing over and over again.

Also, I think you should work on establishing an offstage game. You rarely ever tried to overextend offstage for the edgeguard. Soooometimes you did, but almost never. This makes me not have to worry much about dying when I'm sent flying offstage and then I get a second change onstage when my stock should've have been gone from a proper edgeguard. Ivysaur's bair is definitely her best edgeguarding tool. Moonwalk bairs for Falcon offstage are also really good.

Your neutral game was pretty solid. Try going for more grabs/set ups into grabs because grab is a universal combo starter for most characters in P:M. Also, try to carry out all your combos as far as you possibly can. When you get a hit on me, don't let up on the pressure. Keep hitting me/zoning me out. This forces me to make quick decisions with very little time for me to think. Also, try not to stay in shield too much. Shield is a heavy commitment in P:M. You want good movement to be your best form of defense. Never use shield out of fear, only when you think it's necessary for your defense/survival.

Sorry if all of this was vague/too general. I haven't given anyone advice on wi-fi in a pretty long time. Good luck at the tournament, dude and I hope you place well and accomplish your goals! :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom