• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
You've only played Falco everytime I've played you which is more than a few matches. I get it yo, ggs lol
Those were just coincidences. I don't main Falco. I'm sorry I've only gone Falco against you. Again, I'm willing to play you with a projectile-less character. Can we try to play again?

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
I can switch to a projectile-less character if you want. All you have to do is ask.

I just wanted to practice some Falco.

Edit: I'm still willing to play, if you want. I won't use any character that has projectiles.
Kman, you on Wii or PC? If Wii, let's play.

Subtle One

Smash Journeyman
Those were just coincidences. I don't main Falco. I'm sorry I've only gone Falco against you. Again, I'm willing to play you with a projectile-less character. Can we try to play again?
Stop trying to broaden it to projectiles, we are both aware of the real issue with wifi and lasers. It's ok we can play later, we got time

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
Stop trying to broaden it to projectiles, we are both aware of the real issue with wifi and lasers. It's ok we can play later, we got time
Subtle, the only issue I'm aware of is you trying to john. I apologized for abusing Falco's lasers and suggested to use a projectile-less character to see if I'll still get things for "free" or not and you still refuse to play. If you're upset and need to cool down, then I understand that and I'm sorry about that. Otherwise, it seems like you just want to make excuses for your losses instead of trying to ask me for advice, which I would be more than happy to give. That mentality won't really get you very far in Smash.

Subtle One

Smash Journeyman
Subtle, the only issue I'm aware of is you trying to john. I apologized for abusing Falco's lasers and suggested to use a projectile-less character to see if I'll still get things for "free" or not and you still refuse to play. If you're upset and need to cool down, then I understand that and I'm sorry about that. Otherwise, it seems like you just want to make excuses for your losses instead of trying to ask me for advice, which I would be more than happy to give. That mentality won't really get you very far in Smash.
You taking a superior tone doesn't make laser abuse in wifi any more respectable. No one made excuses and no one asked you to play a projectile-less char, that's just you're passive aggressive form of gloating. I never insulted you and I'd appreciate if you show me the same respect. I don't doubt you're ability but even you own up to abusing lasers in lag every match weve played. Let it go for now, we can play later however you like. It's just wifi games.

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
You taking a superior tone doesn't make laser abuse in wifi any more respectable. No one made excuses and no one asked you to play a projectile-less char, that's just you're passive aggressive form of gloating. I never insulted you and I'd appreciate if you show me the same respect. I don't doubt you're ability but even you own up to abusing lasers in lag every match weve played. Let it go for now, we can play later however you like. It's just wifi games.
You did insult me, I'm not gloating, and I gave you the utmost respect. You told me that I get things for "free" on wi-fi with Falco, implying that my skill with Falco is not my own but due to me abusing lag. I take insult to that as a competitor in this game who is trying to improve and I made a slight suggestion to test your claim via me picking different characters. If you had picked Falco and played in the same exact way as I did, the first thing I would have done is ask for your advice because whether or not you won because wi-fi, I lost and I respect those who can help me get better. Maybe being proficient on wi-fi doesn't really mean much to you (quote: "It's just wi-fi"), but for others like me, it's a primary means of practice and I take offense to those who claim my skill is a resultant of lag and not of my own practice.

You said I didn't respect you, but please be honest with yourself. If you went on a site like AiB and told someone that they just abuse wi-fi, you'd see every curse word in the book. I made a friendly suggestion to use different characters and you still refused to play for reasons unknown. I then provide my own assumed explanation as to why you avoid me and even preemptively apologized if it was the result of you getting angry. And now all of a sudden, that's the equivalent of disrespect.

Again, I'm willing to play you again if you are. I'll even let you chose my character if it becomes more of an issue (this is not me trying to gloat. I sincerely don't want you to get mad playing this game online. I want to help in whatever way I can). Otherwise, perhaps we should just avoid each other and choose other opponents.

Subtle One

Smash Journeyman
You did insult me, I'm not gloating, and I gave you the utmost respect. And more stuff...
You admitted to abusing lasers but made a "friendly suggestion" to use a non-projectile intensive char as if it were the issue. You implied I was johning about projectiles when you knew that wasn't the case. This is an insult of my intelligence and ability. I don't follow code of conduct at AiB, I post honestly and respectfully regardless of forum. If I lied or said "you suck, all you do is..." you might have ground to stand on as far as disrespectful intent but that's not what I said is it?

As far as your assumptions and assertions about me, meh. However unnecessary and latent with passive aggressive or disrespectful intent they're just opinions which could easily be seen as further insult. I did nothing of the sort towards you, I commented on your play. You're not going to argue you didn't play Falco and abuse lasers, cause it happened. It happened because it's obviously difficult to respond to said tactic in a wifi (laggy) setting and it got you results. I played you for as long as I did to practice against said tactic.

Instead of just saying "yea i did use exclusively Falco against you lol" you try to twist it "oh I won't use projectiles then". Cool story, but not the point. Not even implied, you just wanted to sound confident. Kudos. Clearly you take a lot of pride in this and that's fine, but don't try to twist saving face cause someone called you out on a tactic. I said we can play later in every post after and the invitation is still valid. If you feel some type of way about facing me everytime hereafter though and think it best we avoid eachother that's cool too. It is just wifi, jank things happen. I'm more shocked at how seriously you took my clearly comically salty posts

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
You admitted to abusing lasers but made a "friendly suggestion" to use a non-projectile intensive char as if it were the issue. You implied I was johning about projectiles when you knew that wasn't the case. This is an insult of my intelligence and ability. I don't follow code of conduct at AiB, I post honestly and respectfully regardless of forum. If I lied or said "you suck, all you do is..." you might have ground to stand on as far as disrespectful intent but that's not what I said is it?

As far as your assumptions and assertions about me, meh. However unnecessary and latent with passive aggressive or disrespectful intent they're just opinions which could easily be seen as further insult. I did nothing of the sort towards you, I commented on your play. You're not going to argue you didn't play Falco and abuse lasers, cause it happened. It happened because it's obviously difficult to respond to said tactic in a wifi (laggy) setting and it got you results. I played you for as long as I did to practice against said tactic.

Instead of just saying "yea i did use exclusively Falco against you lol" you try to twist it "oh I won't use projectiles then". Cool story, but not the point. Not even implied, you just wanted to sound confident. Kudos. Clearly you take a lot of pride in this and that's fine, but don't try to twist saving face cause someone called you out on a tactic. I said we can play later in every post after and the invitation is still valid. If you feel some type of way about facing me everytime hereafter though and think it best we avoid eachother that's cool too. It is just wifi, jank things happen. I'm more shocked at how seriously you took my clearly comically salty posts
If it was not an issue, the why did you quit out the match? If I had picked Marth and spammed his grab, would you have done the same thing? If I had picked D3 and spammed swallowcides, would you have done the same thing? If I had picked Puff and spammed rests, would you have done the same thing? If I had picked Falcon and spammed his Knee, would you have done the same thing? You're response was literally that I was abusing Falco's lasers in lag. There are solutions around that which I could have told you, but instead you feel the need to call me out on a tactic that has easy solutions online. There are solutions to a lot of things that people spam online which I could have used my years of online experience to tell you how to counter. But when you try to figure it out yourself and you fail, instead of asking me for help, you feel the need to quit out the match without warning (which in itself is disrespectful, btw) and claim that my follow-ups were free and due to lag rather than due to your own inexperience and due to my own skill.

Instead of arguing my points, you criticize the method in which I chose to respond to you ("passive aggressive" in your own words) and dismiss my points based on your distaste of my response style rather than the responses themselves. Then you make blanket assumptions about me gloating and insulting you when I clearly demonstrated that that wasn't the case. But again, you don't argue the points I made and again chose to argue my response style instead of the actual responses.

Now I'll admit that when I said that you were making excuses, that was an assumption on my part because I don't know what you were thinking. But you refused to explain why you wouldn't play me again if I chose a different character that doesn't use the same tactic you were complaining about and forced you to quit out the match. So I was forced to assume things based on what I saw and what people like you have done to me in the past. If there is another reason as to why you quit, I'm sorry that I got it wrong, but know that it is a direct result of you not wanting to respond to my character suggestion.

I'm trying to be really understanding with you. I'm using your own words and actions to explain my own. When you quit out of a match due to the way someone is playing, that's the result of salt and you admitted to that (quote: "#honestsalt"). I don't want people to get salty when they play me. That makes me feel bad and I genuinely want people to have a good time and learn a lot when they play me. If people get frustrated, I try to work with them so that they can find solutions to the issues they're facing. Those that have listened to what I've said have improved a lot and when they start going to offline tourneys, they do well in them. But you feel the need to start this useless fight with me by quitting out on our match and calling me out on a very minor tactic for reasons unknown.

I don't insult your intelligence. I'm sure you're a pretty smart person. But if you honestly think I'm the villain here, then I have nothing left to say.

Edit: Also, I don't know why you claim my character switch suggestion to be the result of gloating when you yourself made the claim that I would not "[switch] characters at any cost", a direct quote from you. There was no cost. The cost was free. "All you had to do was ask", a direct quote from me, and I even gave you the choice of me choosing a projectile-less character to help you out. And then you proceed to claim that I'm gloating, based on a character switch suggestion that you yourself claimed I would not do "at any cost". And now I'm the one who's wrong. Do you see where the logic starts to falter here?

Edit2: Also, about the hypothetical AiB thing, I meant that you'd see every curse word in the book from the person you would've been talking to about abusing wi-fi, not from yourself because AiBers are know to be disrespectful to anyone that isn't in their social circle. The point was that I did not do anything remotely similar to what they would've done, which is actual disrespect.

Last edited:

SuperMario1

Smash Lord
If it was not an issue, the why did you quit out the match? If I had picked Marth and spammed his grab, would you have done the same thing? If I had picked D3 and spammed swallowcides, would you have done the same thing? If I had picked Puff and spammed rests, would you have done the same thing? If I had picked Falcon and spammed his Knee, would you have done the same thing? You're response was literally that I was abusing Falco's lasers in lag. There are solutions around that which I could have told you, but instead you feel the need to call me out on a tactic that has easy solutions online. There are solutions to a lot of things that people spam online which I could have used my years of online experience to tell you how to counter. But when you try to figure it out yourself and you fail, instead of asking me for help, you feel the need to quit out the match without warning (which in itself is disrespectful, btw) and claim that my follow-ups were free and due to lag rather than due to your own inexperience and due to my own skill.

Instead of arguing my points, you criticize the method in which I chose to respond to you ("passive aggressive" in your own words) and dismiss my points based on your distaste of my response style rather than the responses themselves. Then you make blanket assumptions about me gloating and insulting you when I clearly demonstrated that that wasn't the case. But again, you don't argue the points I made and again chose to argue my response style instead of the actual responses.

Now I'll admit that when I said that you were making excuses, that was an assumption on my part because I don't know what you were thinking. But you refused to explain why you wouldn't play me again if I chose a different character that doesn't use the same tactic you were complaining about and forced you to quit out the match. So I was forced to assume things based on what I saw and what people like you have done to me in the past. If there is another reason as to why you quit, I'm sorry that I got it wrong, but know that it is a direct result of you not wanting to respond to my character suggestion.

I'm trying to be really understanding with you. I'm using your own words and actions to explain my own. When you quit out of a match due to the way someone is playing, that's the result of salt and you admitted to that (quote: "#honestsalt"). I don't want people to get salty when they play me. That makes me feel bad and I genuinely want people to have a good time and learn a lot when they play me. If people get frustrated, I try to work with them so that they can find solutions to the issues they're facing. Those that have listened to what I've said have improved a lot and when they start going to offline tourneys, they do well in them. But you feel the need to start this useless fight with me by quitting out on our match and calling me out on a very minor tactic for reasons unknown.

I don't insult your intelligence. I'm sure you're a pretty smart person. But if you honestly think I'm the villain here, then I have nothing left to say.

Edit: Also, I don't know why you claim my character switch suggestion to be the result of gloating when you yourself made the claim that I would not "[switch] characters at any cost", a direct quote from you. There was no cost. The cost was free. "All you had to do was ask", a direct quote from me, and I even gave you the choice of me choosing a projectile-less character to help you out. And then you proceed to claim that I'm gloating, based on a character switch suggestion that you yourself claimed I would not do "at any cost". And now I'm the one who's wrong. Do you see where the logic starts to falter here?

Edit2: Also, about the hypothetical AiB thing, I meant that you'd see every curse word in the book from the person you would've been talking to about abusing wi-fi, not from yourself because AiBers are know to be disrespectful to anyone that isn't in their social circle. The point was that I did not do anything remotely similar to what they would've done, which is actual disrespect.
That was beautiful

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
GGs, @ Mattchu Mattchu . Mario's fireballs are sooooo hard to get around. Adding Mario to my list of character I don't like to fight online.

How do you pivot F-smash? I saw you doing it, but have never really figured out how to do it myself...

Mattchu

Smash Lord
NNID
Mattchu64
3DS FC
4167-4642-2080
GGs, @ Mattchu Mattchu . Mario's fireballs are sooooo hard to get around. Adding Mario to my list of character I don't like to fight online.

How do you pivot F-smash? I saw you doing it, but have never really figured out how to do it myself...
GGs, while you are dashing you swing the control stick down(to crouch) then you can dtilt or smash with c-stick, or anything. i guess.

Last edited:

Subtle One

Smash Journeyman
I don't know what you personally think I'm arguing with you. A lot of what you said was straight up untrue. I didn't quit out of a match against you when we played. This is what is insulting. Who here are you trying to impress? I SD my last stock with mewtwo and left at the character select screen when taking a phone call, then made the honestsalt post. It wasn't even sudden we played a lot more than I play anyone else. You're "years of online experience" forces to make assumptions about people and post them on a public forum? No. That's your ego.

Why would I argue your opinion on me? I didnt ask and at 4 am what you think I'm doing besides playing smash with you matters even less than usual.

If you were really concerned about me enjoying playing you this would've been in private messages and resolved by now.

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
I don't know what you personally think I'm arguing with you. A lot of what you said was straight up untrue. I didn't quit out of a match against you when we played. This is what is insulting. Who here are you trying to impress? I SD my last stock with mewtwo and left at the character select screen when taking a phone call, then made the honestsalt post. It wasn't even sudden we played a lot more than I play anyone else. You're "years of online experience" forces to make assumptions about people and post them on a public forum? No. That's your ego.

Why would I argue your opinion on me? I didnt ask and at 4 am what you think I'm doing besides playing smash with you matters even less than usual.

If you were really concerned about me enjoying playing you this would've been in private messages and resolved by now.
lol once again. Not responding to anything I said. Just making blanket assumptions.

I have nothing against you, sir. I'm willing you play you again anytime you are, just ask and I'll play. I'll just be sure to never pick Falco vs you again.

pinkdeaf1

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0387-9018-0614
Anybody want to help me practice missile spamming in a challenging situation? i.e. playing 1v1 matches with me.

Trigger warning: I spam missiles more effectively than before so if you can't handle missile spamming... do not play with me.

Subtle One

Smash Journeyman
lol once again. Not responding to anything I said. Just making blanket assumptions.

I have nothing against you, sir. I'm willing you play you again anytime you are, just ask and I'll play. I'll just be sure to never pick Falco vs you again.
You straight up didn't respond to what I said while saying "lol you're not responding to what I said". Lol

We can play a few right now if you're on. Gimme a sec to boot up.

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
You straight up didn't respond to what I said while saying "lol you're not responding to what I said". Lol

We can play a few right now if you're on. Gimme a sec to boot up.
If I made another big post, you simply will ignore the points I made. So I've given up on going further.

I'm online. I'll wait for you and host

pinkdeaf1

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0387-9018-0614
Anybody want to help me practice missile spamming in a challenging situation? i.e. playing 1v1 matches with me.

Trigger warning: I spam missiles more effectively than before so if you can't handle missile spamming... do not play with me.
Okay, jokes aside, anyone wanna play some matches with me?

pinkdeaf1

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0387-9018-0614
I'm trying to join.
4084-8961-7331

Ggs mattchu. I wanted to face your marth some more for some much needed marth practice, but you other characters were good. I realized near the end that I shouldnt roll so much since those rolls I did ended up costing me stocks. Hope to play you again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom