• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

TheRiskySquid

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheRiskySquid
I have about 45 min till I have to go do stuff, anyone up for a few matches? FC:4472-7661-7024
Edit: nvm

Last edited:

pinkdeaf1

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0387-9018-0614
Sure, no problem.

You do the same approach over and over again: missile cancel ---> dash attack or missile cancel ---> full hop nair to catch the double jump OoS. Both of those options lose to me just staying in shield, so I could get a free grab on the dash attack every time or I can just roll away under the nair every time. If you had mixed it up and done missile cancel ---> grab or missile cancel ---> pokes on my shield, that beats the staying in shield option that I was abusing (because grab beats shield and pokes diminish my shield health) and then you become a much more threatening player to play against because I can't stay in my shield for free, the one thing I was using to get a majority of my punishes.

Also, you need to abuse platform canceled missiles. Doing that makes it significantly hard for me to approach you.

Also, every Samus in the world loves to spam nair when they're getting comboed, but that's easily countered. For example, when I grabbed you with Falcon at low percents, a lot of the time I would down throw and either stand and wait for you to fall with nair or run up in my shield and let your nair hit it. Then I'd regrab you to continue the combo. You could attempt to jump out, but if I were to catch your landing with Falcon's up-air, then I can juggle you for days and if you end up offstage, you don't have a double jump. When you're getting comboed by a Falcon who knows how to combo Samus, the most important thing you need to do is to focus on combo DI (you should DI down and away vs Falcon). DI is significantly more important than mashing a cheap combo breaker move that is easily countered or wasting your double jump.

Also, I know how to avoid Samus' crouch cancel options for the most part. I like to do spaced aerials on Samus and then immediately put up my shield so that I'll always shield you attacks out of the CC. And since Samus has a lot of delay on her moves, I can easily respond with an OoS option and if you don't catch on to my strategy, I can just keep on abusing it every single time. Just because Samus has great CC options, does not mean they have no weakness and that they should be something you should always rely on.

I liked some of the risks you took offstage in edgeguarding like with the dair, that impressed me. Because so many P:M players suck at edgeguarding and Samus isn't necessary the best at going offstage and edgeguarding someone. However, your edgeguarding could use improvement. When you're hanging on the ledge, there were plenty of times where you could have done a drop down back air to hit me as I'm recovering from below the stage, but you never really did that. The drop down back air from ledge, nair offstage, dair, missiles, charge shot, etc, are all good edgeguarding tools for Samus and you should try to explore different ways of using them to edgeguard.

Also, your options from the ledge back to the stage were very predictible. Almost 70% of the time, you were doing get up attack and the other 30% was ledgehop fair, making it very easy to pushing by just staying on the ledge and shield grabbing or some other option (I like to do full hops and come down with an aerial as you're rising from the ledge).

Welp, I think that's all I got. I hope that helped. ggs Pinkdeaf1 :3
Thanks for the detailed response. I hadnt realized how my approach had been the same thing over and over again. I will definitely work on that.

As for platform canceled missiles, I can somewhat do them in person, but not online. The timing online is no difeerent from in person, but I need the visual cues to perform well. But, I should probably just get over that huh.

I realize now that my ledge game is poor, but when online, I tend to mess us my edge guarding, whether it was due to me usually doing edge guarding based on reaction, or me trying safer options, but I see your point.

As for getting back on stage,... ill admit that I practice this the least. I have little human practice, so I suppose I should at least learn my options and then put them into practice onl7ne.

Thanks kman. I appreciate the input. Hope to play you when I've improved.

Edit: anyone wanna play with me?

Last edited:

zeroultima6

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zeroultima6
3DS FC
3179-6572-5398
Thanks for the detailed response. I hadnt realized how my approach had been the same thing over and over again. I will definitely work on that.

As for platform canceled missiles, I can somewhat do them in person, but not online. The timing online is no difeerent from in person, but I need the visual cues to perform well. But, I should probably just get over that huh.

I realize now that my ledge game is poor, but when online, I tend to mess us my edge guarding, whether it was due to me usually doing edge guarding based on reaction, or me trying safer options, but I see your point.

As for getting back on stage,... ill admit that I practice this the least. I have little human practice, so I suppose I should at least learn my options and then put them into practice onl7ne.

i'll play you

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100

No problem, man. Keep practicing! :3

Top Bottom