• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M: Coming To The Nintendo 64!

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I want the Ice Climbers 64 costume. Someone please link me to it.

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
WTF! This day is the most epic one! Mewtwo, and Project M 64! XD finally a great hack that i can play on my Netbook XD, wtf? shaq?

D

Deleted member

On a serious note, I really want that N64 G&W model

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
I'm flagging this as spam. This has nothing to do with Shaq.

JSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JustinJSG
So when is Project M for Melee going to come out?

Wait...

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Can this actually like be a thing? Give everyone legit retro skins? It'd look super goofy and fun I like that they got the Sonic R model by the way, I was expecting the Dreamcast Sonic Adventure model.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Or maybe I was calling it stupid even despite the fact that it's an April Fool's joke? It's stupid because it didn't capture 64 in the slightest.
The joke was Project M would've been made for the N64 by changing the original game to match Melee mechanics. You don't hear people saying "Project M doesn't capture Brawl in the slightest", do you? Because that's the freaking point, genius.

Christ, people are dense.

Last edited:

SharpCheese

Smash Rookie
This looks awesome, but the "we have been making a n64 port before you did" legal stance seems redundant. To claim a mod "idea" as a legal copyright seems fishy at best. True many have done just that in the modding community. This feat is not easy to achieve, many things come into play.
1. Modding in itself is a fan based change to a already beloved game.
2. Those who participate are usually not in it for the money. (those who are might have some legal troubles of there own). Not saying those that have battled the "mod" legal action have not come out successful. (i.e. Icefrog and Blizzard)
3. To claim a "Super Smash Brothers Mod" as there idea to begin with regardless of what entry of the series it "mods", seems illogical.
4. The Project M staff is great at what they aim to achieve. A great mod for the dedicated fans that want something new out of a game they have been playing for almost 15 years.

I feel that any legal action taken upon the Project M staff will be met with at least a few of the points I've brought up.

lord narwhal

Smash Apprentice
The joke was Project M would've been made for the N64 by changing the original game to match Melee mechanics. You don't hear people saying "Project M doesn't capture Brawl in the slightest", do you? Because that's the freaking point, genius.

Christ, people are dense.
So then what would've been the difference between Project M and Project M 64? Nothing? Oh, so that's why it's stupid.

Top Bottom