• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Ganondorf - Help get de-cloneing Ganon in smash ultimate trending!

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Twililight princess moveset list is up! I gota add pictures to it. I'll let everyone know when I do that too.

El Fonz0

Smash Apprentice
Love what you've done so far with the project. That trailer was one of the best I've seen in recent times. I'm eagerly awaiting the release.

For costumes, what will be the array, if you will, for each Ganon? Similarly, what are both Ganons called on the character select? Ganondorf and OoT Ganondorf?

Gripes.

Smash Cadet
This is the first time ive ever considered changing Ganon's moveset. Amazing stuff.

Last edited:

Kamineigh

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. I was curious as to what his dash animation looked like. Will it be like TP Ganondorf's where he runs like he's constipated, or will he be like Charizard where dashing makes him fly a few inches off the ground?

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Yeah. I was curious as to what his dash animation looked like. Will it be like TP Ganondorf's where he runs like he's constipated, or will he be like Charizard where dashing makes him fly a few inches off the ground?
Like charizards :)

Rialdospaldacht

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, been meaning to ask - what are Ocarina Ganondorf's taunts? They aren't listed in the moveset. Or are you not on those yet?

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, been meaning to ask - what are Ocarina Ganondorf's taunts? They aren't listed in the moveset. Or are you not on those yet?
Oh I didn't add those because I didn't think they were that important :p
But I'll eventually update the blog.

Down taunt is his win animation with his arms crossed and hes laughing
Up taunt is the same as the original except theres a triforce in the ground
Side Taunt is similar to c. falcons "over 9000" taunt, but he has electricity around his body instead

Nothing that spectacular :p

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Oh I didn't add those because I didn't think they were that important :p
But I'll eventually update the blog.

Down taunt is his win animation with his arms crossed and hes laughing
Up taunt is the same as the original except theres a triforce in the ground
Side Taunt is similar to c. falcons "over 9000" taunt, but he has electricity around his body instead

Nothing that spectacular :p
If I can think of another side taunt, would you try implementing it? Gotta have a strong taunt game...

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
What's your idea? I'd need help animating it though
I'm not sure yet, though I'm sure I can think of something. I just didn't want to leave one taunt looking sorta cloney when there are way better references that could be made.

... just off the top of my head, what if he did something like holding up some item and having the item-get sound from Zelda play? He does this in Hyrule Warriors when opening chests (at least from what I've seen in videos) and it's hilarious on him.

Rialdospaldacht

Smash Journeyman
Oh! Also, minor nitpick - I dunno if you or someone else made the long-haired, cape-over-the-shoulders proper OoT Ganondorf model, but see if you can't texture the gloves off. OoT him only had the black thing on the back; his hands were bare otherwise.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Will sword Ganon always have his sword or will he need to use his down taunt?
You can switch between movesets with down taunt in a match, but you can also start a match with the sword by pressing down taunt before the match starts so that you dont have to switch in game if that moveset is your main.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
You can switch between movesets with down taunt in a match, but you can also start a match with the sword by pressing down taunt before the match starts so that you dont have to switch in game if that moveset is your main.
This is looking pretty awesome! Good Job!

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
BronzeGreekGod BronzeGreekGod .....WOW that trailer looks amazing!!!! I can't wait to try it out! I remember when you first started your first mod project and this looks like you've come such a long way and improved so much! can't wait to play with this tonight!

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
BronzeGreekGod BronzeGreekGod .....WOW that trailer looks amazing!!!! I can't wait to try it out! I remember when you first started your first mod project and this looks like you've come such a long way and improved so much! can't wait to play with this tonight!
Oh man!!!
I didn't realize it wasn't out yet... I'm all upset now :(

How much longer do we have to wait?

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Oh man!!!
I didn't realize it wasn't out yet... I'm all upset now :(

How much longer do we have to wait?
Lol sorry man! Keep an eye on my blog and twitter. All your questions will soon be answered (plus some of them may already be answered on the blog)!

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Would it be possible to separate the sword moveset from the vanilla moveset so they don't have to be switched between via taunts? CPUs don't do taunts except once in a blue moon so you'd never be able to play against a non-human opponent with the swordset. You could also use model swaps to use all three movesets more-or-less effectively (Ganondorf-OOT, Black Shadow-Brawl, Black Knight-Swordset) without having to pick and choose or have multiple Ganondorfi.

It's still an awesome project though, so it's not a big worry.

Quillion

Smash Hero
*Sigh*

This mod is too good. I guess I'll put away my mixed feelings towards PM and actually get it. ONLY for this mod.

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
I hear you like final smashes...

I think it would look cooler if it had some type of darkness effect to it, with that said though....

Playable Beast Ganon?

My body isn't ready for all this awesomeness.Embarrass

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I hear you like final smashes...

Okay, so that's pretty cool, I wasn't expecting Beast Ganon though. You do realize that if you're truly taking PG to the next level that Toon Ganondorf, and possibly even Demise and Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf (if you want to put effort into post-Brawl characters) are a must now, right? And you should definitely separate Falcondorf from Swordset now. :awesome:

Ganondorf hype, yo!

Last edited:

omegafalcon

Smash Rookie
I've always wanted to see Ganondorfs long flowing hair in Brawl, but couldn't find the HW model.

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I forgot to post about this last week! I did an event here in Toronto, letting fellow Torontonians play my mod Pre-Release! We also streamed live footage of the mods being played for people to watch! Don't feel left out though, cause I'm doing another event Tomorrow :)

If you happen to be in Toronto, head over to the west end at Shoxs Billiard Lounge for the Smash on Tap weekly tournament. I'll be letting people play my mod there. Its located at 2827 Dundas Street West.

Now I assume most of you aren't in Toronto, so what you can do is watch the stream found by clicking below:

For those interested, just make sure you guys tune in and keep an eye on the stream because I'm not 100% sure what time we'll be streaming the mods. I know it's going to happen after top 8, but I'm not sure when that will be exactly. I predicted 7:30 last week, but I was way off! Tournaments are pretty unpredictable, apparently :p

Here's the banner with all the info:

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
how would someone go about creating something like this? I would like to make a blaziken mod, soo
Well you'll need PSA and BrawlBox. You can find those in the BrawlVault.
But it is a lot of work. It'll take you quite some time to get the hand of everything. See if you can figure anything out, and private msg me. I can try n help you out where i can :)

Top Bottom