• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Ganondorf - Help get de-cloneing Ganon in smash ultimate trending!

Hoth'Raka

Smash Rookie
Wow, I really like the look of this. I would personally prefer if Sword Ganon had his own character slot, and then the Ganon we all know and love could be turned into Black Shadow. But I'm biased towards F-Zero GX, and I know it would be difficult, if not impossible, for an unofficial mod to use the clone engine like that.

As for the animations, one that I noticed is the one shown at about 2:49 in the video. I'm guessing it's an aerial. He sort of just... flops forward with the sword. Idk, that one looked a bit weird to me. But yeah, very promising. I love the playstyle you went for! He looks like a boat load of fun to play as

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
But so delicious. Like ice cream.
Wait...

I personally don't like the taunt-switching moveset because it doesn't feel authentic in PM or Brawl, but that's just a personal gripe.
I have Ganondorf set up in maya for animating. Going to watch the video again and write down animations I wanna work on .
But what about samus?

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Well i went with this solution for many reasons. Lotsa ppl ger butthurt when talking about making ganons moveset into black shadows. and also it would be a lot of work to do it, and really not worth the work to be honest lol. This way people get the best of both worlds :p

drogoth232

Smash Lord
But what about samus?
Talked with BGG about his plans for Ganondorf, with them being two separate movesets and not taunt switching.

I'm not a huge fan of Samus' taunt switching either, but considering only a handful of animations are changed and it's just properties that are different, I barely let it slide.

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
Talked with BGG about his plans for Ganondorf, with them being two separate movesets and not taunt switching.

I'm not a huge fan of Samus' taunt switching either, but considering only a handful of animations are changed and it's just properties that are different, I barely let it slide.
Er.. well okay, I think it's a novel idea for characters. I like the diversity.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Er.. well okay, I think it's a novel idea for characters. I like the diversity.
I like having uniformity with the characters I play with. They should all feel like they belong in the game.

Having the ability to have five different movesets because loltaunts is a bit too much for me. Doesn't mean I don't like it.
Like Ashingda's Sword Ganon mod. I'm not a fan of the 9001+ modes, but he put in good work and it shows a lot. IIRC, it was changed to be all fused into one version because of file size, so I might give it a shot lol.

Update on stuff though. A lot of animation fixing needs to be done. Not just the "lolitsbadletsfixit" but also there's a lot of keyframes, so file size was bloated to hell and back. Might take a few years, but we'll do it.

Pkjoan

Smash Apprentice
Can't you just guys release the OoT Ganondorf as separate, I really want to play as that one.

PrinceGal3n

Smash Journeyman
I'm not gonna lie, that Sword moveset got me excited enough. I was not expecting an entire Magic-based moveset as well! You have done a great job bringing Ganondorf so much closer to how his source material says he fights, not the freaking Falcondorf that we have been stuck with for years. I eagerly look forward to seeing how this mod grows in the future!

Krauserlols

Smash Cadet
TP ganon and OOT ganon are separate mods

Its not released yet. I have stuff i still need to finish working on before release!
Well **** wasnt expecting such a fast answer XD

You know i would love to help you but im still a noob in terms of modding, giving ideas maybe but i still have much to learn to mod.

If you need ideas for polish the movesets i do have some, mostly for the Sword moveset so if you need ideas thats all i can give. For now

Last edited:

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Its not released yet. I have stuff i still need to finish working on before release!
I might be pushing things a bit, but a beta release would be pretty nice. It'd whet a lot of people's appetites, as well as prevent some "when is this coming out" inquiries. Lmao

Totally up to you though. Aside from SFX work, this is hands-down the best set of Ganondorf mods I've ever seen.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I might be pushing things a bit, but a beta release would be pretty nice. It'd whet a lot of people's appetites, as well as prevent some "when is this coming out" inquiries. Lmao

Totally up to you though. Aside from SFX work, this is hands-down the best set of Ganondorf mods I've ever seen.
Well if I released it now he'd have no sound effects at all.

Last edited:

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Well if I released it now he'd have no sound effects at all.
I would have assumed you already had some SFX done? It was discussed that some had to be changed, I didn't think you'd delete them all, or start fresh if that is what you did.

But again, it's your call. If we have to wait to use the mods, then we'll wait.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I would have assumed you already had some SFX done? It was discussed that some had to be changed, I didn't think you'd delete them all, or start fresh if that is what you did.

But again, it's your call. If we have to wait to use the mods, then we'll wait.
If u read what my blog says ull see why I have no sfx right now :p

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
Man this looks so sick! Is it one PSA that you switch between modes through a taunt or 2 seperate PSAs?

Krauserlols

Smash Cadet
Well i went with this solution for many reasons. Lotsa ppl ger butthurt when talking about making ganons moveset into black shadows. and also it would be a lot of work to do it, and really not worth the work to be honest lol. This way people get the best of both worlds :p
Black shadows? you mean the twili who got corrupted into monsters? Why would people want Ganon with those? i though that was more of a Zant thing.

Zarkdion

Smash Apprentice
And why would you want it anyways, OoT and TP Gannondorf are pretty much to totally different characters moveset wise, kinda like Mario and Luigi or maybe Link and Toon Link.
Because they are both over the same bones, use the same model, and would share the same character slot in Project M. I don't want to have to choose!

Krauserlols

Smash Cadet
Because they are both over the same bones, use the same model, and would share the same character slot in Project M. I don't want to have to choose!
So you want something like Zelda and Sheik? I still dont like it, TP and OoT should be separated, i mean TP already switches between sword and hand to hand combat and OoT Gannondorf is pretty much a walking OoT nostalgia trip in all the good ways.

Besides there is always a way to give them their own separate slots, of course that would need some programing on Project Melee itself but its nothing that cant be done. i guess.

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Actually, TP Ganondorf goes over Ganondorf, and OOT Ganondorf goes over Lucario (or Mewtwo, because they use the same rel files).

Last edited:

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Wait, what, really? That's admittedly kinda disappointing. Lose two characters, including a special PM Exclusive (a good Mewtwo) for this amazing creature.
Well, there is always P:M DIY, if that ever gets fully completed. That way you don't have to lose any slots! (And as someone who plays Mewtwo and Lucario in P:M, that's a good thing)

Last edited:

Krauserlols

Smash Cadet
Well, there is always P:M DIY, if that ever gets fully completed. That way you don't have to lose any slots! (And as someone who plays Mewtwo and Lucario in P:M, that's a good thing)
But isnt there a way to add new spaces to Project Melee? kinda like how you add more slots in MUGEN in order to fit more charcters?

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Wait, what, really? That's admittedly kinda disappointing. Lose two characters, including a special PM Exclusive (a good Mewtwo) for this amazing creature.
You dont lose mewtwo and lucario. Its currently made to be over lucario, so for now yes you'll lose lucario. But the ultimate goal is to do a clone engine entry in order to solve this. The beta will be over lucario, but the final product in the unknown future will be a clone of lucario.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Oh whats this? Will this be like a clone engine for PM 3.6+ ?
Ever heard of Project M Unbound? It uses the same "bones" as Project M DIY, it makes PM work with Brawl Ex. However if you need a clone slot, I can call @ PyotrLuzhin PyotrLuzhin to the scene. Apparently he figured it out somehow.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Ever heard of Project M Unbound? It uses the same "bones" as Project M DIY, it makes PM work with Brawl Ex. However if you need a clone slot, I can call @ PyotrLuzhin PyotrLuzhin to the scene. Apparently he figured it out somehow.
K so then i'll probably be working on cloning Lucario sooner than I thought. I most recently heard that brawl ex causes problems with the most recent versions of project m, and that it will take a while before people figure out how to get them to work happily together.

If brawl ex will work, then i'll be digging into that right after my first release of the mods.

Last edited:

MazeDIs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GanonGod81
3DS FC
2595-3094-5841
I have a few project that i'm doing, but would you be subjected to receiving a few animations that i made? If you like them, you can use them as you please

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Sure! I'll take a look :)
I could use all the help I can get. If you or anyone else wats to join me on these projects please let me know!

But ya shoot the animations over for now! Thanks

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
K so then i'll probably be working on cloning Lucario sooner than I thought. I most recently heard that brawl ex causes problems with the most recent versions of project m, and that it will take a while before people figure out how to get them to work happily together.

If brawl ex will work, then i'll be digging into that right after my first release of the mods.
the fun part about lucario is that he requires 20+ lines of asm code to stabilize if you want to clone him in P:M's fashion. Yes, I did figure out the clone engine, but it's really not something that I feel comfortable releasing at the moment. I may release a code that would allow people to overwrite and use alloy slots, which would not use P:M's traditional clone engine. However, this would break the multi-man brawls for obvious reasons lol (who really played those anyway?)

As for the topic at hand, this is an awesome mod, and I'll definitely download and use it soon.

Link to FPC 4.0
http://smashboards.com/threads/its-...nk-engine-fpc-4-0-by-internetexplorer.338957/
Wow, I really like the look of this. I would personally prefer if Sword Ganon had his own character slot, and then the Ganon we all know and love could be turned into Black Shadow. But I'm biased towards F-Zero GX, and I know it would be difficult, if not impossible, for an unofficial mod to use the clone engine like that.

As for the animations, one that I noticed is the one shown at about 2:49 in the video. I'm guessing it's an aerial. He sort of just... flops forward with the sword. Idk, that one looked a bit weird to me. But yeah, very promising. I love the playstyle you went for! He looks like a boat load of fun to play as
interestingly enough, I was planning to do something to that effect (i.e. black shadow related) after I finished up my Slippy PSA. It will be released over an unpopular character as a perfect .rel port.

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
the fun part about lucario is that he requires 20+ lines of asm code to stabilize if you want to clone him in P:M's fashion. Yes, I did figure out the clone engine, but it's really not something that I feel comfortable releasing at the moment. I may release a code that would allow people to overwrite and use alloy slots, which would not use P:M's traditional clone engine. However, this would break the multi-man brawls for obvious reasons lol (who really played those anyway?)

As for the topic at hand, this is an awesome mod, and I'll definitely download and use it soon.

Link to FPC 4.0
http://smashboards.com/threads/its-...nk-engine-fpc-4-0-by-internetexplorer.338957/

interestingly enough, I was planning to do something to that effect (i.e. black shadow related) after I finished up my Slippy PSA. It will be released over an unpopular character as a perfect .rel port.
Hey thanks for the FPC link! Butttt i have found that before and its not what im looking for exactly lol. For now i just want the gct codes where you just put in the code lets say for lucario, and then switch the one line around or whatever to make him load a different soundbank.

Does that make any sense? I used to have them but i cant find them now!

And.. if you could eventually help me out with cloning lucario that would be super amazing for me and also everyone :D

lemi know if you ever feel up to it!

Last edited:
Top Bottom