• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prog Earns Cannon Award for Service to Smash Community

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Prog.

I'm definitely gonna make a Prog Mii for Smash 4, lol.

'V'

Smash Lord
Prog is truly an inspiration to the Smash community. Whenever I think of good commentators for fighting games, he immediately comes to my mind.

I wish him luck in all of his future endeavors. He will be missed.

Zenmaioh

Smash Apprentice
The voice that brought me to smash tournaments will be sorely missed. However, nobody old enough to know who he is will ever forget him, and I'm sure his legend, like many other smashers, will live on.

MM720

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM720
3DS FC
0259-0380-4806
An Award well deserved. Prog is our hero :)

Suli Hyuga

Smash Cadet
I shall tell tales of this man when I am a grandfather to my grand children, and they shall tell the tale to their grand children, and the legend will live on for eternity #LongLiveProg

AfricanManBeast

Smash Cadet
I'll pray for you Prog thank you for all the commitment you have given towards the smash community. You will be missed

itsbme

Game on!
Slippi.gg
BME#828
God speed prog. You better put that thing up on your mantle.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Oh man, I really hope Prog is okay. =( I'd be so sad if he was sick/unhealthy.

Prog, I love you! I always enjoyed hearing your commentary over smash matches. You had a perfect voice for it. You should seriously be hired full-time by an e-sports thing. <3

タオー

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1146-8863
Thank you so much for doing what you do, and doing it so well.

The smash community will greatly miss you, you've helped to make it what it is today. Stay healthy man!

RedRambo4

Smash Cadet
I didn't know who Prog was until the Smash tournament this year at E3, but I thought he was cool when he started commentating..hope he gets better, and good luck out there Prog

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Don't know a whole lot about the dude, but congrats to him. I liked him and the other guy (not the one with the tuxedo or whatever- the white dude). Good commentary.

Wolfy!

Indecisive
We're gonna miss you Prog! Thanks for all that you've done for the community. Sad to see a wonderful commentator go, but best wishes to you for the future! We couldn't have gotten where we are without you! :)
#ThankYouProg

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
I first heard Prog commentating at Apex 2014 (if I recall correctly) and subsequently at the E3 2014 Super Smash Bros. 4 Invitational; it was great seeing his devotion to the game series, and some of his reaction GIFs across various Smash venues that I've spotted on the Super Smash Bros. sub-Reddit have been amusing (like reeling in awe at the conclusion of an intense match, etc.). Other users have said it better than me, but thanks for your dedication to the Super Smash Bros. community, Prog, and best wishes to you regarding your health and future endeavors!

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Proooogggg <3 you will be missed so much! i hope you have a safe journey and enjoy yourself.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
I've always been an outsider to the Competitive community and have never really watched any of Prog's commentary up until now. Sad to say, I was too late for the party and missed my chance to see something new.

Nevertheless, I can't help but feel bad for anyone who has health problems and from what I''ve seen, he seems like a great commentator and I will still watch his past videos. But I can hardly wait to see how Prog will help this community now. It would've been nice to know him, but I joined the community too late :(

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
really? an award? I found this guy to be the most annoying commentator at E3 with his boring voice... well congratz to him but this is a little overdoing it imo.

Meccs

@Meccs_
(Repost from the newer thread since this one probably gets more exposure.)
Prog is the man. I'm decently scrubby, and was playing 1v1 against a CPU at Mass Madness a while back. Prog, who can't have had any idea who I was (but I of course knew who he was), came over and played matches with me for what had to have been a good half hour or so, just giving me advice and helping me improve. There was a very clear skill gap, and I can't imagine it was very fun for him in terms of competitiveness. I just kept thinking, "Why would somebody as well-known as Prog want to waste his time with me?" But right there he exemplified to me just how inclusive and friendly the Smash community is. A man who you know truly cares about his community and making it as great as possible.
Thank you, Prog.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Prog, you are a fantastic human being. Thank you for your excellent service to the community. I hope to see you soon.

Top Bottom