• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prog Earns Cannon Award for Service to Smash Community

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
I never knew anything about Smash Bros. until about a year ago. I always played it very skillfully, but all I knew about was Ken and tier lists. Nothing else. No wavedashing, no Project M, no Wombo Combo... nothing.

But recently I've burst with Smash intelligence. I still don't know too much and I haven't watched much professional smashing, so of course I didn't know who Prog was until he was announced for the Smash Invitational.

But I still have to feel sorry for Prog. Get better, Wynton! We'll all miss you!

What was the special message from Reggie?
Official quote from Reggie:

"My body is ready to become an official Smash Bros. commentator."

C_Mill24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C-Mill24
3DS FC
3609-1632-1621
We love you Prog! Gonna miss you! You and D1 had excellent synergy as commentators. You definitely deserved this award and we hope you will continue your contributions to the Smash community.

Osennecho

Smash Ace
Prog <3 forever. You shall be in our hearts. Return one day to a local or major near you if your health improves. Even if not to commentate. Your presence alone would be a big deal. May the struggle of dealing with this loss not tear away at you.

Farorae

Smash Ace
Congratulations on the award, well deserved Prog. You were the reason I started watching competitive smash, because your commentating was great and made the matches really exciting. I hope you get better, and thank you on behalf of the smash community!

GOLDENMOP

Smash Cadet
Prog easily deserved this award, hopefully he can fight back against his health issues and return to commentating or at the very least come to commentate once again on various occasions(Of course only if he can make it to the events). Regardless, I hope he stays in the smash community and gets well soon, and no matter what happens, his legacy to the community will never be forgotten. You will be missed Prog, both for your commentary, and your contribution to keeping the community alive

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
The man really deserves a more sincere thank you than this.

His work will never be forgotten, it deserves to be marked in Smash history. He may not have been a top player, but without this guy out community could actually have failed. Wynton Prog is the leg that kept the community jumping, leaping for higher bounds. Look where we are today guys.

We have sponsors, we have been noticed and still have a ever growing community, and we can be a part of tournaments like Evo.

Through the light and the dark times, Prog will be remembered.

I'll still see him favorite pictures of dogs on Twitter, but I lose a part of the happiness in me watching tournaments.

Thank you Prog, for everything.

Jobonoobdude

Smash Rookie
Normaly I'm embarrassed to cry at all really, but.. I couldn't hold it back. I've been in the community for less than a year, but... watching Prog receive that award on my phone, I felt.. connected. Like, this community was so much more real than just a group of humans playing a game. We ARE a family, and we couldn't have done it without you Prog. Yes, I shed tears, and I'm not afraid to admit that. Thank you. You have made my Smash experience what it is, and I wouldn't want it any other way. Get well soon, and hope to see you on the mic again.

Tl;dr I suck at words. Thank you Prog. Thank you so, so much.

R0ketApe

Smash Rookie
Although I never met him he is for sure an inspiration. my favorite melee commentator #OneUnit

Babali Boon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Babali
3DS FC
0447-5439-8345
Prog has been hugely inspirational to me. I hope he can take the time he needs to heal and return stronger than before, kind of like Smash itself.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Best of luck in whatever you decide to do with your life, Pr0g. Not that you need any. It's been a pleasure seeing you on the streams over the years.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Think I remember playing you in Tatsunoko at Apex's casual room. I just recognized you as "that commentary guy" and thought nothing of how awesome it was I got that opportunity was until later.

Wish you the best man.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
As someone who's just recently become familiar with the competitive community within the last year, I don't have years of experience or memories with Prog. Where I feel for him, is his impact. I've studied the competitive scene's history, and Prog has left his mark. Although he's moving on, his very influential footprint will be left for years and years to come.

We'll miss him dearly.

RCyclone

Smash Apprentice
NNID
rcyclone
3DS FC
0490-7017-9432
Switch FC
3291-1218-6623
While I didn't really know about Prog till the Smash Invitational Event after that though, I've started to really appreciate him as a commentator and all that he has done for the smash community!

It really is sad to see him go, but I wish him the best in life and I'll be praying for a healthy recovery.

We'll Miss You Prog!

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
THANK YOU BASED PROG. You can **** my ***** and watch how much of a cheap ******* Mike Matei is at Melee.

You're right.

We should of erected a statue in all of prog's glory instead.
I'm erect alright.

Last edited:

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
PROGG!!! I have always LOVED your commentary with D1 and I am EXTREMELY sad that you have to leave the table for health issues. Please know that you are in my prayers, and I will always remember you as one of the greatest people in history!

TheNewbLu

Smash Rookie
Prog's commentary is amazing.I'm new around here but I'm sad to see my favorite commentator leave now.I hope he is well.Love ya prog.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
STAY SEXY PROG! YOU'RE THE BEST!! <3 <3 <3

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Thank you Prog for everything.

I've started stepping up my game as a community organizer and contributor in the past year, and I cannot thank Prog enough for all of his support and personal encouragement. It's had a bigger impact on my work than I think he realizes.

I'm looking forward to what he ends up doing to stay as a supporter of the community. :)

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
I'm going to miss hearing Prog's voice during Smash tournaments.
Found the special message on youtube.

Also, holy crap, Reggie said "No Johns!" Nintendo obviously watched the Smash Brothers Documentary.

Skeith

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skeith1
3DS FC
2019-9982-9908
You will be missed Prog. I've always enjoyed your commentary. My only regret is I never got to meet you :(. Hope your health improves in the future.

Unicorn

The Most Majestic
NNID
SenseiCrumb
Get better Prog! It sucks you have to leave us for now but we can always hope for your triumphant return.

My heart belongs only to you err... Good luck in your future endeavors.

TheGhostlyPidove

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2509-2709-5815
So sad to see such a great man go... Thank you, Prog... For giving me a reason to fight. We will all miss you now and forever. Farewell...

D

Deleted member

Prog, thank you for everything that you have done in the Smash community. Your commentary has inspired everyone in the smash community to not just advance as players, but as people.

Long live the legend.

Kati

Smash Lord
It just won't be the same without you Prog. I had to fight back tears just as much as you during your speech.

My condolences do you D1; the camaraderie is real.

Earthbound_PKMN_Trainer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
roboticsuperstar
3DS FC
0731-6040-6586
I have just gotten into competitive Smash, but Prog brought something new and special to one of the games I cherish the most.

I must thank you from the bottom of my heart. I care for these games and obviously you do too. You also have fought for the celebration and respect Smash deserves.

So thank you. May your health strengthen and your work thus far not be in vain.

Fierce Deku

Smash Cadet
I always saw your commentary as something special. You brought the professionalism, the hype, the game knowledge, the stories... you understood everything that was needed of a great commentator and did it flawlessly, to say nothing of all the other amazing things you've done for this community.

For some time now I’ve been teetering on the edge of the smash community wondering what to do with myself, and after hearing a lot of the things you’ve said, I've decided I owe it to myself to step it up and get more involved. Best of luck in the future, our thoughts are with you. Commentating or not, we know you’re with the community all the way.

You are an inspiration. Thank you Prog! :)

Top Bottom