• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prof. Oak's Lab: The Q&A Thread - USE THIS

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Guys, if we could can the bickering and go back to asking/answering questions, please...

Pokemon Trainer1

Smash Apprentice
I have a question.

Does anyone know if there's someone on the forums who has either a victini to trade for something lame (which would be very rare) or a Boldore to trade? I'd give them most anything but a starter or a legendary.

Also, if anyone wants a sigilyph, let me know, I found about 7, and they're taking up my box space. Will trade for Panpour, Pansage, Pansear or their evolutions.

Daddy Ash

Smash Apprentice
I have a question.

Does anyone know if there's someone on the forums who has either a victini to trade for something lame (which would be very rare) or a Boldore to trade? I'd give them most anything but a starter or a legendary.

Also, if anyone wants a sigilyph, let me know, I found about 7, and they're taking up my box space. Will trade for Panpour, Pansage, Pansear or their evolutions.
I wouldn't be willing to trade my victini, sorry :( But I would be willing to trade you a boldore in return for a gurdurr, need conkeldurr for my dex completion.
Inbox me your FC and we'll see what we can arrange.

Pokemon Trainer1

Smash Apprentice
@ Terywj

Oh yeah, forgot about that place.

And also, I already know that the strongest pokemon in the Unova region is Ulgamoth, but who is the fastest, the most defensive, and the one with the highest hp? I know that before this region, Chansey had the HP, don't know who had defense, and don't know most powerful, but who are the other two for the Unova region?

Also, can anyone tell me, is it possible to battle my friends on pokemon white if they have platinum?

sooshi shef

Smash Cadet
And also, I already know that the strongest pokemon in the Unova region is Ulgamoth, but who is the fastest, the most defensive, and the one with the highest hp? I know that before this region, Chansey had the HP, don't know who had defense, and don't know most powerful, but who are the other two for the Unova region?

Also, can anyone tell me, is it possible to battle my friends on pokemon white if they have platinum?
I'm pretty sure that Accelegor is the fastest in Unova. Acctually it's the 3rd fastest out of all of the Pokemon. Not sure about the other two.

As for being able battle between Platinum and Black/White you really can't which is a bit of a bummer.

BTW - Nice GIF quote. I'm watching it while listening to music by a British elecctronic rave band called "Hadouken!"

Pokemon Trainer1

Smash Apprentice
No they don't, the Deoxys either has to be hacked then, or severely honed in Speed EVs, because it's attack and special attack are naturally a lot higher.

Wrath`

Smash Master
No they don't, the Deoxys either has to be hacked then, or severely honed in Speed EVs, because it's attack and special attack are naturally a lot higher.
Base stats my friend, Deoxyes-S has 180 Base speed, Deoxeys-N and A have 150 base speed.

Deoxeys-D has base 90. Accelgor has base 145

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I don't see why you wouldn't run sufficient speed/max Speed IVs on either, as they won't be taking much hits and need speed to wreak havoc to begin with.
Or what Wrath said, pretty much. Most things won't run absolutely max speed anyway, just enough to outrun other fast-paced threats.

RoxburyGuy58

Smash Journeyman
Quick question: when you are training pokemon for level 50 play in Black and White, do all of their EVs have to be obtained before they hit level 50 to have maximum effect, or does it not matter and you can just go about EV training them as if they were going to lv. 100?
For example, I just caught a Jolly Terrakion at lv. 42, and I want him to have 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 Def. Even if he was above lv. 50 after I finished training him, he would be cut down to 50 for the duration of the battle. However, does it matter whethere he gets all of his EVs before lv. 50 or not?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Quick question: when you are training pokemon for level 50 play in Black and White, do all of their EVs have to be obtained before they hit level 50 to have maximum effect, or does it not matter and you can just go about EV training them as if they were going to lv. 100?
For example, I just caught a Jolly Terrakion at lv. 42, and I want him to have 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 Def. Even if he was above lv. 50 after I finished training him, he would be cut down to 50 for the duration of the battle. However, does it matter whethere he gets all of his EVs before lv. 50 or not?
IIRC, if you EV train a Pokemon past level 50 and then go into say a Battle Facility, the EV will still be there.

That said, you can easily EV your Terakion before hitting level 50. Just fight weaker leveled EV targets.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
u guys think i can beat the emerald elite four with this team? mind u i am not really good at pokemon, so if the moves look a little strange, it's cuz im an amateur lol

all my pokemon r lvl 53

gyarados (Porunga)
-surf
-hyper beam
-hydro pump
-ice bean

raichu (Zappy)
-thunderbolt
-quick attack
-shockwave
-slam

blaziken (Firecrotch)
-focus punch (i regret this)
-blze kick
-fire blast
-mirror move

swellow (McFly)
-aerial ace
-fly
-steel wing
-wing attack

flygon (Flygon)
-earthquake
-fire blast
-dragonbreath
-strength

alakazam (sp00n)
-psychic
-shadow ball
-psybeam
-recover

i also got like 5 full restores, 7 hyper potions, and 1 heal powder(feel free to laugh at their names!)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
All the elite fours are pathetic, you should have no issues absolutely wrecking them.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
bull**** it's easy with lvl 53 pokemon.

first guy is no prob. usually lose 2 by second guy. i got revives and 12 hyper potions so all my pokemon r full by 3rd guy.
****ing drake dragon guy and league champ ****s me over. league champ every ****ing time. apparently he has unlimited full restores.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
He has 4 full restores.

Emerald actually has the SECOND EASIEST ELITE FOUR IN ALL OF POKEMON- second to only G/S/C's. Even R/S has a harder one.

If you can't win, then go back to Sky Pillar/Tower/whatever the **** its called and catch goddamn Rayquaza and just ****ing tear through the Elite Four.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
I was wondering, Mew has the ability synchronize. Does that mean I can have Mew carry a burn/toxic orb to status my opponent on switch in. If so would I be able to use aromatherapy to heal the status and have Mew use the tactic again?

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
I was wondering, Mew has the ability synchronize. Does that mean I can have Mew carry a burn/toxic orb to status my opponent on switch in. If so would I be able to use aromatherapy to heal the status and have Mew use the tactic again?
No, you just burn/toxic yourself for no reason.

NTA

Smash Lord
Not that it's that much a bother but I've played a lot of wi-fi battles and used Pokemon Online, and NetBattle and one thing that I've noticed is that a lot of people use the same strategies. I've never really understood why...

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
20 different matches against Ninjasks.
...I don't even know what to say

Did you travel back in time to the early Diamond / Pearl era before people knew what Stealth Rock is, thought Weavile and Electivire were good, and didn't use Lucario? And didn't know what Stealth Rock is?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
3rd Gen had a lot of Baton Pass, but beyond that Ninjask doesn't really exist.

Unless you mean you played 20 different Ninjask users over like 6 years of playing or something- which would make more sense.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Oh yeah, Ninjask was a gen III Pokemon. I remember reading something about outright banning Baton Pass in Advance because it's so beast

NTA

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, I raged because of the 4th gen strategies and went to Advanced xD
It's pretty fun though even battling the same pokemon. Came across some Snorlax's a while ago and kept getting OHKO's and they forfeited >:D.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
ok so im stuck on pokemon soul silver.

i just defeated all the team rocket ppl in their hideout in mahogany city, got the badge from pryce, but now i have no idea what to do. the guide says to go back to goldenrod, get a suit from the underground passage, and go into the radio tower. problem is, the guy with the suit is not there.

help!

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Hey guys I'm new to competitive Pokemon so I just have a few questions-

Are DrizzleToed and DroughtTales banned?

On PO, is there a way to find OU/UU/NU regulated matches? If so, will it tell me if my pokemon are banned from that tier? It gets annoying coming up against Mewtwos and the like.

Thanks in advance.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Are DrizzleToed and DroughtTales banned?
In standard OU, both are allowed, but you cannot use Drizzle Politoed on the same team as any Pokemon with Swift Swim.

On PO, is there a way to find OU/UU/NU regulated matches? If so, will it tell me if my pokemon are banned from that tier? It gets annoying coming up against Mewtwos and the like.
Ladder, find match, specify tier

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Thanks.

So drought -cholorphyl is still allowed?

Also, is there somewhere I can find a 5th gen tier list?
:phone:

Top Bottom