• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prof. Oak's Lab: The Q&A Thread - USE THIS

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Sorry is this off topic/wrong thread, but Im looking for "Song of Jigglypuff"(song from the show) sheet music.
I know its out there can someone help me out?

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
Sorry is this off topic/wrong thread, but Im looking for "Song of Jigglypuff"(song from the show) sheet music.
I know its out there can someone help me out?
What instrument? If it's Tenor or alto saxophone or any other instrument in Bb or Eb I can help you.

ERayz

Smash Journeyman
I got a question regarding Pokérus and EV gains. If anyone can answer me, It will be much appreciated.

Yesterday, one of my Pokémon have been infected by Pokérus. Knowing that it doubles the EV gains from battle, I decided to infect another pokémon with it and leave it in a pokémon box, to speed up my EV training. But there is one thing I'm not sure about, does Pokérus also doubles the EVs gained by using Vitamins and wings ?

Because my original idea was to use vitamins and then use wings to EV train my pokémons (might be long, but I feel like battling a lot of wild pokémon will take forever too anyways).

And if I decide to EV train via Pokérus and power Anklet (by example), how should I calculate the EV I gain?

Example: If I beat a Pidgeot with a pokémon infected by Pokérus and wearing a Power Anklet what is the calculation made by the game?

Is it a), or b) ?

a) 3 Speed EV (from Pidgeot) * 2 (Pokérus) + 4 (Power Anklet) = 3*2+4 =10 Speed EVs

b) ( 3 Speed EV (from Pidgeot) + 4 (Power Anklet) ) * 2 (Pokérus) = (3+4)*2 = 14 Speed EVs

I feel it is b), but I really want to make sure, because I don't want to lose the count.

thanks in advance!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
But there is one thing I'm not sure about, does Pokérus also doubles the EVs gained by using Vitamins and wings ?
Nope
And if I decide to EV train via Pokérus and power Anklet (by example), how should I calculate the EV I gain?

a) 3 Speed EV (from Pidgeot) * 2 (Pokérus) + 4 (Power Anklet) = 3*2+4 =10 Speed EVs

b) ( 3 Speed EV (from Pidgeot) + 4 (Power Anklet) ) * 2 (Pokérus) = (3+4)*2 = 14 Speed EVs
A

ERayz

Smash Journeyman
Wow, thanks for the quick reply!

This means Pokérus doesn't affect the Power items bonuses, good to know!

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
You sure Wave? All the guides I've read, even the ones on Serebii and Smogon, say that the PokéRus acts like example b.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
****, I assumed you were fighting Pidgeys and **** that give 1 EV. Yeah, it's B.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Where do I go after beating the Psychic gym leader and beating everyone in the spacestation in pokemon emerald?
I missed the talking lol

Life

Smash Hero
Is there a Zoroark thread floating around anywhere? I've been doing the competitive Pokemon thing off and on and he seems kind of underexplored. Only semi-legit thing I see on Google is the Serebii POTW article which doesn't really go in-depth into the tricks you can pull off with Illusion (it's basically the tl;dr version), and of course the Smogon article.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Where can I post a thread about custom, fan-made Pokemon? I plan on getting info/help from others about it and I will try to see if the PKMN cmpany will take some of them.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
There are some pre-existing projects, but if you want to start your own, you'd want to go to the Pokémon Lab and post a thread there.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
My friend and I are trying to get through the Battle Subway in the the Unova region and were just not making it past the subway bosses. We last tried this team but couldn't make it:

Me: Charizard and Heracross
Partner: Torterra and Gyarados

What would be a good doubles team/strategy?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Charizard @ Focus Sash
Heat Wave
Air Slash
Rock Slide
HP Something / Filler

Torterra @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Wood Hammer
Filler

Gyarados @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Waterfall
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Dragon Dance / Bounce / Blizzard

Heracross isn't great in doubles, but he's a decent Pokemon overall, so you should do fine. Close Combat / Megahorn / Rock Slide / Filler.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I wasn't nesscarily looking for tips on those Pokemon, I was talking about any Pokemon that would be good for doubles. Though that might help anyway, thanks.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Whimsicott@Leftovers / Focus Sash
Prankster
Beat Up
Tailwind
Stun Spore / Light Screen / Substitute
Hurricane / Cotton Guard / Leech Seed

Terrakion@Life Orb / Leftovers
Justified
Protect / Substitute
Rock Slide
Close Combat
Earthquake

Make sure Whimsicott has higher speed than Terrakion for this to work! That shouldn't be hard, just make sure Whimsicott has a +speed nature

Turn 1:
Tailwind with Whimsicott
Protect/Substitute with Terrakion

Turn 2:
Beat Up with Whimsicott onto Terrakion, give him the Justified boosts.
Use Rock Slide or Earthquake, whatever does more damage to the opponents.

Turn3+:
Sweep with Terrakion

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
If you get a Japanese event Pokemon through a trade and it gets released in the US in the future, would you still be able to get the wonder card and the Pokemon in English or will the Japanese event you got through the trade prevent you from getting a second one?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
So even if I trade to get a Japanese one on a US version, I can still get an English wondercard on the same one? Sweet.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Does Lagging Tail affect the order in which weather abilities are activated? Google gave me one result, a post on a forum by some guy who posts in a custom font face and color so I don't trust him.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I just tested it with groudon and kyogre. And it seems it does. The same with iron ball and full incense.

Fast Groudon x Slow Kyogre= Groudon's Ability
Slow Groudon x Fast Kyogre= Kyogres ability

It's hard to say, though, whether you want to be slow in certain situations. Groudon's weakness is Water, so Kyogre would have an upper advantage as is, even with Sunny Day. Biut that also depends on what EVs you have on the Groudon. But that's getting into combos, which I assume u have done ^^
EDIT: I redone the testing, and it still correct. Either way, if your speed is slower in this situation, your weather ability will stay.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Luvdic should evolve intp alomomora
I'm pretty convinced that they created Pokémon like Bouffalant and Alomamola with the idea of having them be evolutions of previous Pokémon (Tauros and Luvdisc), then decided to have it so that the fifth gen was entirely its own thing, so they just cut the evolutionary ties and hoped no one would notice.

I can't see what else could be the case, because otherwise I have no idea what they were thinking not having them be evolutions.

EDIT: Just realized this is the Q&A Thread and not The Snorlax Room. This is what I get for being on SmashBoards when I'm this tired...

Anyway, I guess that's as much of an answer as can be given to that anyway, but try to keep posts in the Q&A Thread as actual questions and answers, not broad statements like that.

ERayz

Smash Journeyman
I got a question about breeding in Gen 5, if someone knows the issue:

I want to hatch an Adamant Darumaka, so I put a male Darumaka and a Ditto (holding an everstone) at the day-care center.

I hatched a few eggs (5 or 6) and only one of those Darumaka had Adamant nature.

I know that using this method, 50% of my hatched pokémons should be Adamant (at least in previous generations, but from what I read on Smogon, it is stated that no matter the gender of the pokémon holding an Everstone it WILL pass down the nature, not mentionning any probabilities.

So, my question is: In B/W is it still 50% chance of passing down nature and I have been unlucky yet, or am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind... I just hatched an adamant one with 28 speed IVs, this will do for now :p

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
You're just unlucky. It can pass down natures.

Ditto does pose a few problems with breeding, though, particularly where Dream World Abilities are concerned (as it can't pass them down). It can also act as a stop for Egg Moves, since its breeding partner would have to be Male to pass them down time and time again.

Zori

Smash Champion
my question is is their anyone here that pokesavs? i have a really solid team that i would like made so if you can pm please ^-^

ERayz

Smash Journeyman
Is there any way to increase the odds (so that they are reasonable) of having a specific hidden power type? Or is it just on pure luck? I know it's based on IVs but **** I'm gonna have to breed forever if I want a Porygon with the right ability/speed IV/nature/fighting HPower at the same time :(

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
you can control the HP Type you get to a degree, though.

You want IVs of 30 for SA, SD, and Speed for Hidden Power Fighting, so if you have Ditto with those IVs, that could help control it.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Hey guys just two quick questions, I want to play RBY competitievly so I downloaded Netbalttle but I couldn't connect to a server, and the site doesn't look like it's been updated for awhile, has it been discontinued?

If so, is there anywhere else I can play RBY?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Social threads were closed because they encourage cliques, from what I understand.

Top Bottom