• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

--> Prodigy Tourney! Santa Clara, CA ~March 17~ <--

i_like_food

Smash Rookie
I'm that Ganon player who played against Lucien and Zoap (and lost) >_>. I hardly post on here though. :p

Prodigy: Thanks a lot for hosting.

Zoap: Wow, your Peach is really annoying. o_O It was fun playing against you though. Maybe next time if I ever go to another tourney I'll actually take a match from you. :p

Lucien: I'm kind of surprised I didn't do better against your Fox since I'm used to them, except not really. Haha. Fun matches though.

petoo0: Thanks for the friendlies. :p Your Ganon is so good! o_o Great job on 0-death'ing HydroKirby. I could never do that.

Bob money: Thanks for the friendlies and the back air to reverse jab thing you told me about.

Ice ninja: Thanks for all the friendlies too.

Chris (Hydrokirby): dljkf;adsh;kdf space animals

For Julian Zhu: (I hope I don't get modded for "inappropriate words" o_O.)

It's kind of hard to read the Chinese on it because it's so blurry.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lolzzzz congrats to people. OooOOO our turnout beat yours by 2 people. JK JK ROFL nice results w/ some surprises. good tourny prodigy.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
johns!!

mick didn't enter singles. we're still winning by one! (of course, he's not on the level of those two, but a smasher nonetheless.)

MyKo

Smash Lord
You Probably Can Tell After IP Tracking Me.
Extra shoutouts? I just woke up to maple and watch CB [CrewBattle] Vids

i really wanted to play vans today
VANilla Creampie will be coming next time, or at least trying her best.

Zodiak-Lucien - no man, you're good, i saw the opportunities you were going to **** me. O.O friendly me when i'm doing nothing alright?

Zoap - thanks for the ride. thanks for the other 999999 ones. you're too good. dude i hate your Peach i just wana shred it up. GodAMIT - _-"

Bob$ - wooo dude it's crazy when you're around!

Pr0digykid/ramen - fudge. didn't level, died twice, and comp shut down 99999 times..i don't blame it, so much energy used that day. wonder what you did with the cake..shove it in the bird cage? LOLOLOLOLOLO [Recovery 100MP/100HP] LOL!!!!

Darrell - hmm..yeah, you remind me when i mained Samus long ago as my first char when smash first started out. Pretty good stuff you got, keep it up and when going against any char, spam that UP+B correctly with an instant fast fall. practica makes perfection/improvement.

HydroKirby - ..you don't play Kirby O.O HydroFalco! lolol dude...the game HydroThunder is fun. lol

Zhu - ..how many Falcos do i have to play now..you're an additional one. - _- yeahhhh i should use another char O.O

AfroJustin - lol at our matches =P LOL is all i gota say =P

BootleOfWater - LOL turned up the volume and went crazy. F$!*&) SH$!*&)! LOL

iono i'm still tired and sick. for the rest of you i played and saw, thanks :D!

my main is maple, not smash.

byee, good tourney indeed. PRODilicious O.O!!

hmm...

****OMFG CHEAP TOURNEY!!<33 =)****

LOPLOLOLOLOLOLOLO!!!

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
lol Youre jsut lucky Hyuga had finals. Otherwise Deep Norcal wouldve come in full force, beating you ^^

More slops to BTZO ^^
Yeah...=P

Wish I woulda been able to go...tried my hardest but couldn't get a ride T___T. I'm gettin around to watchin vids right now but I did see Mike666 play Zhu...and umm yeah Mike's hella good lol. BTW u guys spelled Nights of San Jose wrong -___-

lol @ ShadowGTFO XDXD

mike666

Smash Apprentice
Yeah...=P

Wish I woulda been able to go...tried my hardest but couldn't get a ride T___T. I'm gettin around to watchin vids right now but I did see Mike666 play Zhu...and umm yeah Mike's hella good lol. BTW u guys spelled Nights of San Jose wrong -___-

lol @ ShadowGTFO XDXD
i may be hella good but ur hella funny! i mean like dam dude how is it ur so funny? wut r u doin playin smash u should be a comedian - u got some real talent! btw good call on that aim message, altho i am kinda worried cuz u never denied wut i said..................................................

Mike666: Hey man nice playin against u again hold a SJ biweekly alrdy...
wait for it..................wait.......................almost there....................just a little bit more....................NO :)

Serendipity

Smash Journeyman
Falcomist...i didnt really appreciate that comment. First, yes..i pulled a hella combo, indeed he taught me. #2 i do wat works. and i use wat i have been taught #3 My name is yen and just cause i did a cetain move doesnt make me that person or rather even sumone that emerged from the shadows of sumone else. #4 i took that pretty personal.
Me: *umbrella combos*
Justin: Hi nick

>.>

Me: Hey jeff!
Jeff: Hey vanessa....!

wtf my name is yen

Identity crisis?

Oh ummm i'll have a milktea w/ large pearls please
kthnxbye~

HylianLord

Smash Ace
Falcomist...i didnt really appreciate that comment. First, yes..i pulled a hella combo, indeed he taught me. #2 i do wat works. and i use wat i have been taught #3 My name is yen and just cause i did a cetain move doesnt make me that person or rather even sumone that emerged from the shadows of sumone else. #4 i took that pretty personal.

>.>

wtf my name is yen

Identity crisis?

kthnxbye~
hi milktea =)

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace

>.>

wtf my name is yen

Identity crisis?

kthnxbye~

0_0 were all just jking u know that right? Like me and Bob see Nick do it all the time and he train u just seeing u do it its like whoa go Yen HELLASTYLE combo but yes u use what works in the end.

Im sorry for the comments and u know me and Jeff just joke around and such but we still luv u Yen. U know if u want me to stop making comments like that then ill stop.

Im usually not bothered if ppl say oo FLOWINWATER COMBO or like ZHU PHANTOM STALL ( if i did it which I kinda can now xD ).

Yen im sorry and I hope u accept my apology but u know we still luv u and that Yen will always be Yen and ill stop making comments like that again.

Serendipity

Smash Journeyman
0_0 were all just jking u know that right? Like me and Bob see Nick do it all the time and he train u just seeing u do it its like whoa go Yen HELLASTYLE combo but yes u use what works in the end.

Im sorry for the comments and u know me and Jeff just joke around and such but we still luv u Yen. U know if u want me to stop making comments like that then ill stop.

Im usually not bothered if ppl say oo FLOWINWATER COMBO or like ZHU PHANTOM STALL ( if i did it which I kinda can now xD ).

Yen im sorry and I hope u accept my apology but u know we still luv u and that Yen will always be Yen and ill stop making comments like that again.
Yeah its okay...im just sayin u know

I am also struggling like everyone else to become a well rounded smasher.

I'd appreciate it if u'd call me by my own name and not confuse it with another alias.

How would u like it if ppl just called u LuninSpectra over Falcomist....

It's discouraging.

Serendipity

Smash Journeyman
no seriously yen. we respect you as a smasher. the name "yen" has kept me *****ing over dsmash for ages... COME ON!!! didn't mean to offend you in any way with the milktea thing >_>

and just where is the triforce xDD?
XD u ever DL music from OC remix? and there is this one remix from zelda called like "Zelda 3 Kakariko Prom" and like this one dude seys (after the song)"hey! whoever wrote Suck my triforce on my door meet me in the parking lot!"

XD um yeah its okay i was just a little sore...:p

im okay now;)

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
Yeah its okay...im just sayin u know

I am also struggling like everyone else to become a well rounded smasher.

I'd appreciate it if u'd call me by my own name and not confuse it with another alias.

How would u like it if ppl just called u LuninSpectra over Falcomist....

It's discouraging.
Sorry Yen but I dont find it discouraging if ppl called me luninspectra over Falcomist. U know why cause its either yea we do the same **** over and over and they are the same OR hey I could do something lunin does or lunin does something i do ( never happen before )

Its not discouraging to me cause some ppl I know meant it as a joke as well and I just take smash for being fun and having ppl to talk to even if its sayin comments that are just jokes about one another.

If u hate it then well im sorry again and u dont even have to talk to me if u dont want to.

Its not like I meant OMG NICK OMG SHE IS NICK, no I didnt mean it that way but rather HOLY crap that **** was good nice job Yen haha got it perfect and Nick does it to haha and thats FREAKING AWESOME.

Also ur struggling to be a well rounded player psssh U DIDNT EVEN KNOW what me and Bob$ were talkin about after the tourney.

Me: Hey Bob who u think improved at that tourney?

Bob: oo Zhu did pretty dam good he is pretty good and so is hydro kirby and Yen wow she is improvin little by little.

Me: Yea I agree Zhu getting heck of a lot better, Hydro kirby well I only did Falco ditto's with him and yea all just technical skill so hard sometime to get better at it. Yen haha yea she is getting pretty dam good can I say FIRST GIRL ON POWER RANKING WOOT xD. Also omg her match against ZOAP LOL I FEEL BAD FOR ANY PEACH PLAYER THAT PLAYS YEN IN TOURNEY CAUSE THEY SHOULDNT THROW TURNIPS LOL.

ALSO WE ALL STRUGGLE TO BECOME AVERAGE SMASHERS. I STRUGGLE EVEN NOW TO KEEP UP WITH DBR, LUNIN, SS, ACTUALLY EVERYONE IN THE NORCAL SMASH COMMUNITY I WANT TO HELP THEM TO GET BETTER AS WELL. IM STRUGGLING TO DO BETTER NOT JUST IN NORCAL BUT I WANT TO START PLAYING OTHERS LIKE SOCAL ( WOOT DEEP SOCAL FTW) Also ppl from other states.

Okay im done with this issue after this post Im done with what I said and my reason and explanation and i didnt bother proofreading cause im pissed an issue like this could be brought up.

Serendipity

Smash Journeyman
shut up myko.

u jump in outta nowhere and like say the crapiest stuff...and im NOT a baysian

Falcomist.. its just complicated. maybe its cause imma girl...but i dont think anyone would understand wat im tryin to say...there are many layers... its conflicting in many ways... but its okay
Sumtimes i feel very sheltered and everyone is just really nice to me. Never wanna hurt my feelings and tell stuff to my face. I just have to think in so many layers....

Maybe i just got wayyy too serious about smash...i just cant help it! great game, great community. great laughs. Never quit smash!!! ^^

My path isnt like any of u guys...its very different.

Dread101

Smash Journeyman
**** shouts outs hmmm ok everyone i played good fun great fantastic matches!

Isai HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PGkid THX FOR HOSTING UR TOURNEY WAS OFF THE CHAIN SON!!!

HydroKirby really loved the falco dittos fun fun. Ill get u next time!lol

SS fun playing u on the big screen for a while loved the roy dittos hahaha.

Lunin. Congrats on pulling off the phil's un realistic combo for the week move haha but how dare u pull it off on a member of TLA shame on u!

Petoo. Nice gannon good matches mb some 25cent gannon dittos!hahaha

Ice ninja. we didnt really play but good seeing u as always! and stop makin so many **** excuses! haha

Zhu Didnt play u but i had a great time watching u. Really great matchs with lunin ur falcos amazing

Falcomist. SUP!!!! yah i didnt play u but ummm next time!fun team friendlies tho!

BOB$ Watsup! fun friendlies! ur definitily one of my favorite people to play hope we can play more often. I could definitily use the pratice lol hopefully see ya friday!

Matt U were outside i saw u!

Lucien. Sup! hope u feel better! u own mute city son!lol

Myko Good job in crews! u rock!

MIke666 GGS i had fun watching u and bootles marth dittos. U should definitily be on the power rankings haha ur a funny guy take care

Bernard! SUP!

Zoap Go to sleep Son !

Yen yes u know my name! Ur really good on the panio the music really helped me focus!lol

afro justin. Fun picka dittos!

darryl! hahaah put the tv in the fuc*ing truck!hahahaha

AND TO EVERYONE ELSE FUN GREAT MATCHES! I HAD A GREAT TIME! AND ONE MORE SHOUTOUT TO THE FALCO PLAYER I PLAYED UMM I DONT REMEMBER HES NAME EXACTLY STARTED WITH A J AND UM I DONT KNOW HOW TO SPELL IT.. WE PLAYED IN THE LIVING ROOM WHILE EVERYONE ELSE WAS DOING CREWS..HAHA BUT YAH GGS PEACE EVERYONE TILL NEXT TIME!!!!!!!!! NEXT TIME WE MEET I SHALL BE 10X STRONGER! PREPARE FOR BATTLE!
DREAD OUT*

Miharu

Smash Hero
Hmm. About that thing between Yen and Falcomist or w/e, I'll say something if nobody minds. Well if someone does, tell me, but I'd like to say something, even though I don't know too much about the situation. Don't kill me, I'm just trying to say something ._.

We all want to improve at this game, and we've all arrived at the points we are today through various methods, some more difficult than others. It's also very true that people will tend to treat women differently; it's just a fact of life and the culture/society that we live in. We say we don't bias/judge people, but we do, even if it's just a little bit.

Yen, I don't know you very well, hell, like not at all, I just know you're like the only girl I've ever seen at tourneys XP Anyhow, for the short time that I've known Falcomist/Justin, it always seems that he always has everyone's best interests at heart, even if he does say some stuff like that sometimes.

So the point of that was? Something simple I suppose: just look further than people's actions; it's the intentions that really matter. I suppose it's a life lesson learned through smash.

Lynch me if you don't like it, you're just losing another space animal player ._.

And yeah, we got gimped, we should've seen someone get ***** by the 911 challenge.

edit - ok, just one last thing. sorry x_x. I can understand the shadow thing, I'm constantly overshadowed by Zhu, and literally every other Falco in Norcal =/ But yeah, I don't know, sometimes it just feels like that you have to try unnecessarily hard to prove to people that you're actually a separate entity, not just a lesser version of said person. Yeah, can't say more that that, I'm failry new to the smash community. And sorry again for bringing up any unwanted memories.

Serendipity

Smash Journeyman
Hmm. About that thing between Yen and Falcomist or w/e, I'll say something if nobody minds. Well if someone does, tell me, but I'd like to say something, even though I don't know too much about the situation. Don't kill me, I'm just trying to say something ._.

We all want to improve at this game, and we've all arrived at the points we are today through various methods, some more difficult than others. It's also very true that people will tend to treat women differently; it's just a fact of life and the culture/society that we live in. We say we don't bias/judge people, but we do, even if it's just a little bit.

Yen, I don't know you very well, hell, like not at all, I just know you're like the only girl I've ever seen at tourneys XP Anyhow, for the short time that I've known Falcomist/Justin, it always seems that he always has everyone's best interests at heart, even if he does say some stuff like that sometimes.

So the point of that was? Something simple I suppose: just look further than people's actions; it's the intentions that really matter. I suppose it's a life lesson learned through smash.

Lynch me if you don't like it, you're just losing another space animal player ._.

And yeah, we got gimped, we should've seen someone get ***** by the 911 challenge.

I fully understand wat ur saying. And im not mad at anyone:urg: its not even like...and argument
It was just sumthing that bugged me made me feel like i lived in sumone elses shadow...
that story-----:( I dont wanna talk about it...it was too far back way in the begining wen i first joined the community, some rough things happened... i doubt many remember. or even know of...

Zoap

Smash Master
Ima go nutz cuz im just crazy like that :psycho:

I STRUGGLE EVEN NOW TO KEEP UP WITH DBR
This made me chuckle :chuckle:

This made me laugh(Hella Hard):laugh:

Zoap Go to sleep Son !
This made me lick my eye :lick:

No but really in all seriousness, this tournament was fun. Good to see some old faces and just hangout near San Jose again.;)

But not really LOL :cool:

Ok if you havent noticed im really bored.:dizzy:

I missed the basic Smilie originally O_O;;;;:)

I think im going to use every smilie :p

So like this is how i felt after falcomist got fd in the crew battle :ohwell:

And this is how i felt fighting yen and not having a single turnip hit :confused:

And this how space animals make me feel :(

I think I've used 13/15 smilies :embarrass

ZOMG 1 MORE!!!!!!!!!:urg:

And finally I dunno but I bet this post will make ppl :mad:

Mwhaaaaaaaaaa, This is almost as good as my Rainbow Cruise LOL, but thats another story.

I think ill end with another quote:

ZOAP LOL I FEEL BAD FOR ANY PEACH PLAYER THAT PLAYS YEN IN TOURNEY CAUSE THEY SHOULDNT THROW TURNIPS LOL.

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
Mistaking one's alias over another's Can be discouraging, and in this particular case, because one is striving to achieve Honorable Recognition, it Is discouraging. Yen's case isn't as simple as it's been put up these past few posts. The problem can't be solved on the surface, such as looking at the intentions of a phrase and assuming the roots -- Yen wouldn't post if it were that simple. As a matter of fact and personal knowledge of Yen, she solves problems complicated that even I can't make sense of. I know much of the thoughts Yen has been through recently and can conclude, this problem needs deeper attention.

There is personal conflict between her and Nick along with conflict within herself about Smash. Although she may not be able to portray it with a friendly approach (due to her situation), she still, in the end, gets part of her point across. Yen would Appreciate and respect those that call her by her name, Yen/Serendipity, much like how one would appreciate and respect another's handshake after a competitive game.

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
iono when I will get to do this again.

Oh god. Hydro Kirby has the Myko syndrome!!!! LPOLPOLPOLPLPolp

And man, I had to take out spring cleaning junk. I think all of mine total equaled 3 houses on avg.

Top Bottom