• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

--> Prodigy Tourney! Santa Clara, CA ~March 17~ <--

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
So yeah, good ol' ProdigyKid has the house to himself, which means he'll be able to hold a tournament. This will be on Saturday March 17th. And I thought I'd throw in some special features that make this fairly attractive.

1) Taco Bell, KFC, Quiznos, Safeway all a walking distance away, with McD's, Starbucks, Jack in the Crack, Subway and (for BTZO) Baskin Robbins all a 5 minute drive away.

2) approx 15 mintues from SJSU

3) Maple Story (bring your laptops!)

4) I have a 60 inch plasma we can play finals on if the TV doesnt lag. But it shouldnt, cuase I used it before OC2 and dont think I felt lag

5) And its not a 2 hour drive for most NCBers (sorry Sac).

6) AND ONE MORE THING. IF anyone is up for it, after the tourney we can all go to Cluck U (University Chicken), and just maybe someone will be daring enough to take... the 911 CHALLENGE!!!

911 Challengers:

Body Zoap

Sokay lets see, I'll have doubles start at 12pm, and singles after that

ENTRY FEES:

Singles: 5 dolores
Teams: 10 dolores por equipo
Crews? Low Tier? Items? <--- If its not too late

PRIZES:

NCB Style:
1st: 50%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 20%

As an added Bonus, top 3 will all get my patented, one of a kind, ProdigyRamen.

And I'm taking $10 from the pot for food. Since I'm running this shindig.

RULES :

Might not be perfect, but I'm going NCB rules. Sorry if I didnt make that clear earlier. We all know how those go.

Feel free to correct anything.

Singles:

-4 Stock with an 8 minute time limit
-6 neutral stages on random( Yoshi's Story, Battlefield, Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64)
-You guys know teh set deals
-Characters are selected, then stage bans
-Each player can ban one stage
-Counter-pick stages are selected BEFORE the winner of the previous match selects their character
-Legal counter-pick stages: 6 neutrals, Corneria, Rainbow Cruise, Kongo Jungle 64, Poke Floats, Brinstar, Green Greens and Mute City. EVERY OTHER STAGE IS BANNED!
-A player may not counter-pick a stage he/she already won on in the set
-Best out of 3, finals best out of 5
-No johns pl0x

Doubles:

-Random stages are (FD, FoD, BF, YS, PS, Cruise, Kongo 64) ,
- Counter picks available: Great Bay, MK2, PokeFlats, Brinstar, Corneria, Green Greens, yeah I forget what else. I'll ask the NCB rule-makers

And all the other rules we know, or are so nit-picky no ones cares about them. If there anything to be brought up, Hyuga or BTZO or Body Zoap can inform me.

746 Woodhams Rd.
Santa Clara, CA 95051

FROM SJSU:

Take 280 N
Exit on Saratoga Ave(take the right ramp up).
Turn left on Kiely Blvd.
Turn left on Stevens Creek Blvd.
Tur Right on Woodhams Rd.

My garage door should be open at 10ish or so. so yeah.

HOUSE RULES

Okay yeah I dont want anybody breaking/stealing anything, so here are some good samaritan rules you should follow:

1) Dont enter my house through the white door. Unless you need to take a piss. Then I'll let you

2) On the subject of pissing, keep the broom clean. You clog it you plunge it.

3) Throw your trash away.

4) Stay out of my fridge. Or I'll send BTZO after you.

I'll need cubes and TVs.

Hopefully my Parents didnt junk the two other TVs yet, but if so, I'll have 1, or 2 max. And 1 cube. So bring stuff. Kthxbai.

I'm sure if you have good questions, I'll have answers.

And remember. Anyone who beats me in a game of IC dittos will still be better than me 6 months from that time.

Yen is Peach

Smash Apprentice
XD sounds fun!....and did i---omg i did...i read..."items" I'll totally see if i can go! LOL IF U CLOG IT PLUNGE IT...MAPLE STORY.....WALKING DISTANCES!!! omg these attractive things...too bad ur hosting prodigy...if it were sumone else i might consider going...HAHAHAH im jk of course...DONT MAKE ME SEND BTZO AFTER UR FOOD! ^^

Bootleofwater

Smash Journeyman
Sounds good, Profigy kid. Boosta and I may make an appearance at this. If we do, I'll bring a TV and a Cube.

By the way, who wrote those rules? They are very well written.

petoo0

Smash Ace
Hmm this sounds too good to miss i think i'm there. Lunin I'll probably be driving back to Berkeley which is like this close |.| to Richmond so I think I can take ya.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Wow I wonder if I can miraculously make it to this....prolly not.

Anyway what's with the rules? Stage selected AFTER the winner picks character? That's BS. And as for doubles - there are 7 neutrals - what about Kongo 64 and Rainbow Cruise? And Green Greens banned in singles?

Zoap

Smash Master
i dunno about the stage deal there not ncb rules, but yea if u wanna know the exact rules we decided on the biweekly contact sheridan or BTZO or Myself PK

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Rules things:

First: If you're going to do set continuation, it should be to 7, and not 11, since we're doing best of 3 sets, not best of 5. However if the second meetup of the players is in the FINALS, then it would be best of 9. That reminds me, when you say finals is best of 5, do you mean winner's, loser's, and FINAL finals, or just final finals? Basically the general rule for the continuation is that the set becomes best of (x + y + 1) where x is the "best of..." of the first set, and y is the "best of..." of what the second set would be ordinarily.

Second: "Counter-pick stages are selected AFTER the winner of the previous match selects their character"
OK, so when does the loser select their character? If you want to use this rule which differs from many other tourneys, by all means do it. But make sure you get it in everyone's head that you're doing it this way so that people get the experience of different rules.

Third: Is there any restriction on stage counterpicks with regard to stages already played/won on? I personally prefer the rule saying that you may not counter a stage you won on, and you may not counter a non-neutral stage twice, i.e. You can play a neutral stage twice or more in a set if the person picking it has not won on it.

Fourth: For stages, do you really mean Kongo Jungle is on for teams counterpicks? Or do you mean Jungle Japes? Also no Great Bay or MK2 Plocks (just kidding, if you want them in it's cool but I don't like them).

So yeah, again, your tourney your rules. Make rules you like, I think smashers should have the experience of playing under different rulesets. Just make sure everyone understands what's going on.

Bootleofwater

Smash Journeyman
I may be wrong here, but I always thought counter-pick stages were selected after the winner selects their character. First, the winner chooses, then the loser chooses, then the stage is selected. Isn't that how it works? Someone please tell me if I'm wrong. By the way, I wrote these rules, so yell at me if there's anything wrong with them.

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
I was too lazy to check last night. But my aim was pretty much going w/ NCB rules. I just thought Bootle had them.

Slops to Bootle. But we'll just put the blame on Dread. XD

EDIT: Zoap/BTZO/Ricardo: Mind giving me the NCB ruleset? ^^
Or at least the extra stages you guys banned?

Cause apparently everyone was on top of my Bootle's ruleset like fat kids on a cupcake. So gotta make them g00t

Miharu

Smash Hero
Whoah. This is close enough that I can drive here in my pieceof**** van. Me and Frozenserpent will probably be here. I suppose Zhu will be as well if he's not busy.

HylianLord

Smash Ace
prodigy we live so close yet we never play!!! i'll try my best to make it. hopefully my parents won't hate me for going to two tournies in a row ><

MUST GET TOP 3 !!!

EDIT: WTFFF YOU LIVE FIVE MILES FROM ME. WTFFF. MIHN (if i remember correctly) WHY HAVE YOU NEVER COMEEEEEEEEEE?!?!?!?!??!! OMGGGGG. but yea... can't wait xD

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
prodigy we live so close yet we never play!!! i'll try my best to make it. hopefully my parents won't hate me for going to two tournies in a row ><

MUST GET TOP 3 !!!

EDIT: WTFFF YOU LIVE FIVE MILES FROM ME. WTFFF. MIHN (if i remember correctly) WHY HAVE YOU NEVER COMEEEEEEEEEE?!?!?!?!??!! OMGGGGG. but yea... can't wait xD
Its Minh. EN-AYECH. F3. And thats cause I'm in Santa Cruz 3/4 of the years. This tourney marks my 2 week break, so we can play during that time. I rememeber, you live like 10 seconds from De Anza.

LuCKy

Smash Master
wow i think im gonna go just because of all the food places lol and 9-11 challenge if its spicy food and you buy it for me i will eat it rofl

Miharu

Smash Hero
Its Minh. EN-AYECH. F3. And thats cause I'm in Santa Cruz 3/4 of the years. This tourney marks my 2 week break, so we can play during that time. I rememeber, you live like 10 seconds from De Anza.
Tell me when you guys do decide to play. I need more practice. Getting ***** constantly in the corner doesn't count.

Ian

Smash Ace
6) AND ONE MORE THING. IF anyone is up for it, after the tourney we can all go to Cluck U (University Chicken), and just maybe someone will be daring enough to take... the 911 CHALLENGE!!![/COLOR]
I'm going=] and I would LOVE to do the 911 challenge!!!!

Miharu

Smash Hero
I'm going=] and I would LOVE to do the 911 challenge!!!!
Good luck. Someone have an ambulance on hand though, my friend needed to go to the hospital after eating that ****. And he normally likes eating hot stuff. This stuff is quite bad for your stomach.

Serendipity

Smash Journeyman
I can pick you up, unless someone else offers.

Yen: B> Rides to Prodigy's Tourney! Offer!!

And i really need TVs and cubes.
hahahaha B> Rides to prodigy'd shinndig@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

offer LOL "offer" ^^ really prod? is it too much trouble? hmm i'll tell u for sure if i can make it...does ur offer include a round trip ticket? or oneway only?

Serendipity

Smash Journeyman
Round trip Yen. But we'd be going to cluck U to watch smashers die by chicken.
I can house Rey if he really wants to stick around.

New Crew! Death by Chicken!!!! XD
ahha im not sure about the housing thing, you should talk to him about that

^^ round trip eh? not bad...not bad at alll!

Zoap

Smash Master
to maple or to not maple guys, i have the dl window right here and i dont know what i should do. Ive seen what it can do but do i want to know why it can do those things. who knows who knows.

Top Bottom