• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro High Gravity mode matches here (AWESOME COMBOS)!!

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I'm 90% sure these are high gravity mode and not lightning mode matches. I compared them to the the only other high gravity mode matches and it looked very similar.

Ike vs Captain Falcon
http://youtube.com/watch?v=UnEGT4samkY

Captain Flacon vs Captain Falcon
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iomUOudEybs

Those who said laggy/slow characters are nerfed even more in high gravity mode appear to be wrong. Ike looks amazing and both characters overall appear to have LESS landing lag on all their moves than regular brawl.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
And the brawl is not melee idiots come out in full force.

I just want to see some good 1v1 High Gravity mode matches because it looks fun.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Well, having that on is like having a mini metal box, you'll just drop fast and not recover easliy like you could. It's kind of hard... to me.

Smilez

Smash Journeyman
I think a lot of people wanna see some quality High Gravity mode 1v1 vids between competent players. High Gravity mode looks like it has a lot of combo potential and we need some good 1v1 vids to confirm this.
Please, just stop. Take a second to read what you posted. Your embarrassing yourself. The current gravity in Brawl have plenty of potential for combos. The game is just waiting for players to discover techniques that will bring Brawl to another level. Instead of trying to live in the past, put some effort into finding something new. Don't let your conventional thinking lock you inside an invisible box.

If I hurt your feeling........well......."I'm sorry":ohwell:

Lightning Ice

Smash Journeyman
He never said that normal Brawl didn't have combo potential, he just thinks that high gravity will have more combo potential. It's a shame that some character's recovery gets destroyed in High gravity mode though.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I sure as hell didn't "embarass" myself. And I never demeaned normal brawl in any way in this thread. I'm simply asking for gamplay videos of another mode in brawl. Like I said, all you brawl is not melee idiots please get out of my thread.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Guys seriously, he just wants a few good vids of high gravity mode. It really did look fun, and he never said brawl was bad the way it was, he's just interested in this mode too. So get off his case.

True Fool

Smash Ace
Changing the gravity is now an option in the game. If someone thinks it's a good idea, or is just curious and wants to see it, no need to jump all over him for it. You don't have to play "competitively", and if you want to play casually you don't have to leave the items on and avoid changing the gravity at all cost.

Who is anyone to say that it won't be discovered that the game is more balanced with the gravity higher or lower? Maybe not enough people will look into it, maybe they will. And it could be the worst thing to happen to game's balance yet. But the option is there, so if anyone wants to try it or see it, why the hell should you care?

Smilez

Smash Journeyman
I sure as hell didn't "embarass" myself.
Lol....you sure about that? Ok have at it...I wish you best of luck with w/ your High gravity mission. Oh and while your at it can you upload some Lightning mode videos too. I think it has combo potential. :laugh: ..............Duck.

Toadster5

Smash Journeyman
The funny thing is you probably wouldn't get flamed as much if you asked for a low gravity video with all bunny hoods and the spicy curry effect or something stupid like that.

Also, people have been complaining that characters with multiple jumps get screwed over in this mode. I'd like to see DeDeDe or Pit or something play in this mode.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Smilez you are an idiot.

And thnx Taekmkm but I think we've all aready seen that vid. I'm looking for some 1v1 vids between humans.

FMArthur

Smash Cadet
That's actually pretty interesting that they put in a Melee gravity mode. I'm not 'living in the past' or anything, but I may just use high-grav to simulate playing old-style Melee with new content. Liking older games does not mean you dislike the new games. They're just different, and if you don't like variety for some reason, don't tell other people that they can't like it either.

Smilez

Smash Journeyman
Ouch! That hurt.

At Taekmkm's post: Thanx for the lighting mode vid, but I was being sacastic.

I couldn't make this s*** up if I tried. Lol.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
Wow. Whatever it is, that mode actually looks pretty fun.
Yeah, seriously. That actually looked really fun. I have no idea how that balances things out or how it might **** up the recovery air game but it's definitely worth toying around with. I mean holy ****, Falcon's over-B is actually useful. :laugh:

Smilez

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, seriously. That actually looked really fun. I have no idea how that balances things out or how it might **** up the recovery air game but it's definitely worth toying around with. I mean holy ****, Falcon's over-B is actually useful. :laugh:
I hate to say it lol....but I agree. That vid was kinda hot. I'm definitely going to try out Lightning mode when I get a copy. GJ Taekmkm.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
I actually am not sure at all what mode that video is showing, although I'm 80% positive that it's Heavy Brawl (Ike just seems to have no start-up lag somehow though...)

Anyway, it's not like I don't like Special Brawl. Hell, I'll probably be playing a lot of Stamina mode with my friends. But I still don't condone making it the standard for competitions. I've already stated my reasons why several times on a few other threads.

But that does look like a lot of fun.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
I actually am not sure at all what mode that video is showing, although I'm 80% positive that it's Heavy Brawl (Ike just seems to have no start-up lag somehow though...)

Anyway, it's not like I don't like Special Brawl. Hell, I'll probably be playing a lot of Stamina mode with my friends. But I still don't condone making it the standard for competitions. I've already stated my reasons why several times on a few other threads.

But that does look like a lot of fun.
Heavy Brawl? Explain please. :bee:

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Heavy Brawl is a setting in Special Brawl that sets the falling speeds to be similar to those found in Melee. Unfortunately, it doesn't work quite as well because a lot of gameplay mechanics have been changed which don't correspond to the gravity changes.

Thus, you get stuff like really great comboing ability for certain characters but near-impossible recovery for others. It would also, theoretically, lower the amount of vertical kills and increase the amount of sideways kills, which gives certain characters fewer options for KOing. I mean, sure, it's fun, but I think competitively, and I mean as the standard for competitions, it doesn't work. But I'm all for playing it. Like I said, I'll be playing Special Brawl a lot myself.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
Heavy Brawl is a setting in Special Brawl that sets the falling speeds to be similar to those found in Melee. Unfortunately, it doesn't work quite as well because a lot of gameplay mechanics have been changed which don't correspond to the gravity changes.

Thus, you get stuff like really great comboing ability for certain characters but near-impossible recovery for others. It would also, theoretically, lower the amount of vertical kills and increase the amount of sideways kills, which gives certain characters fewer options for KOing. I mean, sure, it's fun, but I think competitively, and I mean as the standard for competitions, it doesn't work. But I'm all for playing it. Like I said, I'll be playing Special Brawl a lot myself.
And this is a different mode than the proposed "High Gravity" mode? What's the difference then?

And yes I agree and don't expect any special settings to become standard but I'm still curious.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Is Brawl not fast enough for you? Set it to fast mode.
People not dying early enough? Set it to 1.1 damage.
Too floaty for you? Set it to High Gravity.

You can make the game whatever you want.

Toadster5

Smash Journeyman
If that's lightning mode it seems like the mechanics of the mode are more than just regular Brawl in fast forward. It's like the hitstun of the attacks remains the same, while the characters move faster and have less landing lag. Maybe it's no different, but it seems like more than just regular Brawl in fast forward.

Top Bottom