• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
Is this poll yours? I havent voted on this yet...

Nice to see krystal support outside of sb! weird that most of the responses are from gamefaqs, thought they'd hate krystal. I do know the twitterverse has some krystal fans so, no surprise. I doubt anyone is spamming here.
Actually, I have been on GameFaqs these last few days and have been trying to get some support for Krystal...and there is support there in GameFaqs for Krystal. There is one thread where we are talking about if we would want Krystal as a playable character right now.

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
Voting on multiple devices within the same home will do nothing, they share the same IP address because they use the same router.

If you want to vote multiple times, use mobile phones, with Wi-Fi off. IP resets occasionally.

Last edited:

Foxy Renegade

Smash Cadet
And besides, I'm starting to think the ballot is less for directly deciding what characters become DLC and more of a way to nominate them. If that's the case, Krystal has an even better chance than many believe. She doesn't carry the licensing red tape of a third party character or the risk of one from a brand new series, and does have the very things the dev team seemed to focus on with the other newcomers.
This is basically exactly what I said earlier. People think that simply the votes are going to be counted when it's obvious with the lack of safeguards they won't. They'll see who gets votes and consider them nominated based on a combination of the amount, reasons, licensing, and potential of the character. Krystal does hold the strong benefit of being a Nintendo property that would take no legal action to obtain.

@ jahkzheng jahkzheng It's possible that someone is spamming it, but we also need to take in account that it got a workable link last night on this thread. So, that will account for a number of the votes. If anyone posted it on another thread similar to this one it could obtain those numbers. The one thing to consider is whether K Rool supporters have posted a link to it, because it's a less popular poll that probably doesn't get linked to as much.

I know that there is a Ranker poll that lists her as #1 and has had her there for some time. Though the integrity of the poll has been compromised, it's notable that she used to be #3 before the severe changes occurred. And the #1 and #2 were Mewtwo and Isaac respectively, which are both popular characters and believable leading characters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I think you guys need to look at quality over quantity. Sakurai has proven he doesn't look at just popularity (e.g. Wii Fit Trainer). Its better to have one well written post than 5+ spam posts.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Looking at the reddit topic thats on there now, there's alot of krystal hate. I really hope sakurai doesnt hate her too, thats the man we really need to convince...

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
People are hating every character that its not their choice. I have seen the reasonable but invalid excuses like "I didn't liked Star Fox Adventures" and "Starfox doesn't deserve more reps". To the always classic "furry me no likey". If there was a horse creature amongst the top voted, people would be calling "brony trash" on it.
Some people even claim that they hate her just because. Which baffles me.
My advice is to try to take it easy and if you want to convince someone to stop hating on Krystal, never be too pushy about it. A valid excuse for hating a character is "its fandom is too obnoxious".

Foxy Renegade

Smash Cadet
First off, thanks to the moderator that edited my posts to combine them. I'm new to SmashBoards in general and trying to get a feel for it. So, when I go to do certain things I double-post and I know how annoying that can be. I still can't grasp how to do signatures and how to reply to multiple posts at the same time. But anyways, thanks to the Moderator!

Secondly, the quantity is only one factor of the ballot as a said before. I believe the quality of posts or the reasons will also benefit nominations. Whether a character truly has potential to be a fighter and if they can be easily licensed is important as well. I could see one third party maybe, but no more than that.

It doesn't matter what fanbase you are, there is always plenty of others that hate your character choice. Usually because at this point we look at other options as threats to having our own character in. I try to tolerate logical choices, but I can't get behind them simply because I don't want to go against Krystal's chances. That's just how I am at this point because she's all I want in this game at this point. Other characters could be nice, but I would rather just back her 100%.

And as I read this thread this keeps popping up so I figure I should address it. It's very important to gain quantity, but not to spam. Spam makes the cause look needy and doesn't create support, but instead stimulates hatred. That's probably the reason she gets hate now simply because of some of the less logical supporters liking her for all the wrong reasons. Posting that she should be in because she has furry boobs is NOT an effective marketing strategy. lol. If you want to submit multiple votes if that makes you feel better, than go ahead. But I recommend that when you do you recreate a logical message so that you don't hurt the cause.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
So, I made a countdown video for my most wanted DLC characters, should anyone want to see it. Bet you can't guess who's number one, haha! Even though I don't have a lot of subscribers, I still want to help spread the word. You can expect more from me to, haha.

Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPkVT_VR9mI (Note: Strong Language)

Also, I can't STAND people who hate on Krystal, even insulting supporters. It's a character. If you don't like him/her/it, then don't vote. It's REALLY not that hard.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
She was 78 and now she's 114! I don't know if someone is spamming votes or not...

Also, count me in as a Krystal supporter!

EDIT: Okay, now she's getting a lot of votes for every 30 seconds. I hope this is actually legit... https://docs.google.com/forms/d/10-...BTigeOBOW4jz_c/viewanalytics?usp=form_confirm
It seems to be because of Twitter... I hope... -__-
Hopefully. If someone elsewhere rallied a bunch of other supporters, it's a good thing. If spam is involved, though...

Uh...how do you actually vote on it? Because I haven't yet, and...

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Is this poll yours? I havent voted on this yet...

Nice to see krystal support outside of sb! weird that most of the responses are from gamefaqs, thought they'd hate krystal. I do know the twitterverse has some krystal fans so, no surprise. I doubt anyone is spamming here.
It's "The Nerdy One"'s. He linked it on Gamefaqs and has mentioned it here. I started to go a bit dormant but I liked it because it was google account limited and relatively safe from spam. I'm starting to wonder though...

@ jahkzheng jahkzheng It's possible that someone is spamming it, but we also need to take in account that it got a workable link last night on this thread. So, that will account for a number of the votes. If anyone posted it on another thread similar to this one it could obtain those numbers. The one thing to consider is whether K Rool supporters have posted a link to it, because it's a less popular poll that probably doesn't get linked to as much.
That's true. I had been following but not sharing it up until then. At the time I linked it Krystal had 16 votes and was 8th most popular after K. Rool, Roy, Isaac, Wolf, Banjo, Bayonetta, and Ridley. She was tied with or nearly caught by Shovel Knight and Dixie and Snake among a few other that were a bit further back. After I linked the poll here she went from 16 to 22 votes tying her for 5th most popular by last night... and I thought that mostly accounted for the active posters on our thread at the time. But then overnight and apparently this morning into noon, she leapt up to 50 votes and stole a solid second place with only K. Rool outvoting her. Now it appears things have gotten truly ridiculous.

My feeling are so mixed right now. It's amazing, but it seems unbelievable. I hate that I can't just celebrate the results because a sneaking feeling tells me there's something fishy going on. Something like this doesn't happen legitimately without someone building some real support. We got to find out if someone started a Twitter thing and linked the poll specifically for Krystal fans. The message must be out there for so many votes to be coming in. Otherwise, it's vote spam and I'm sad and disappointed that a Krystal fan would do this.

I'm tempted to contact the poll creator and see if he can determine what's up. Before he made the poll google account limited, he was able to tell that it was getting spammed. Not sure how much info he's getting from the poll, but if he could determine if a majority of votes are coming from accounts created in the last day, then that could be telling. Or maybe if some of those accounts don't exist any longer. I wish I didn't have this doubt. I so want it to be real and not be upset that someone might go to such stupid lengths to skew a poll this way. I know it's just a poll, but I like valuable and reliable info to give us goals and see where we stand.

She was 78 and now she's 114! I don't know if someone is spamming votes or not...

Also, count me in as a Krystal supporter!

EDIT: Okay, now she's getting a lot of votes for every 30 seconds. I hope this is actually legit... https://docs.google.com/forms/d/10-...BTigeOBOW4jz_c/viewanalytics?usp=form_confirm
It seems to be because of Twitter... I hope... -__-
Yeah, no kidding.

Hopefully. If someone elsewhere rallied a bunch of other supporters, it's a good thing. If spam is involved, though...

Uh...how do you actually vote on it? Because I haven't yet, and...
Here's the link to the poll again...

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/10-PrK0j1sn_xKYl5PncFgJo0iWiDKBTigeOBOW4jz_c/viewform?usp=send_form

So guys, what do you think? Should I contact "The Nerdy One" and see what's up?

Last edited:

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
I still don't understand why they put Cranky over Dixie. Just wat?

Seriously, minus Bandana Dee anything after the third row down is just bad
Seriously I agree, Dixie should have more priority over Cranky cause she's been playable (pretty much) from the start. Plus it would just look weird to me to see Donkey, Diddy and Cranky instead of Dixie. :L however, Cranky could have some cool moves with his cane but I just dislike him as a character and thought other people did as well until Tropical Freeze. After that is when I started to see that people actually like him. ò_õ and yeah.. I don't like a lot of those choices after the 3rd row other than Bandana Dee, Daisy and Black Shadow. But even those characters I'm meh about. xD and who seriously wants Groose?! ÒnÓ COME ON PEOPLE!! >A<

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
It's "The Nerdy One"'s. He linked it on Gamefaqs and has mentioned it here. I started to go a bit dormant but I liked it because it was google account limited and relatively safe from spam. I'm starting to wonder though...

That's true. I had been following but not sharing it up until then. At the time I linked it Krystal had 16 votes and was 8th most popular after K. Rool, Roy, Isaac, Wolf, Banjo, Bayonetta, and Ridley. She was tied with or nearly caught by Shovel Knight and Dixie and Snake among a few other that were a bit further back. After I linked the poll here she went from 16 to 22 votes tying her for 5th most popular by last night... and I thought that mostly accounted for the active posters on our thread at the time. But then overnight and apparently this morning into noon, she leapt up to 50 votes and stole a solid second place with only K. Rool outvoting her. Now it appears things have gotten truly ridiculous.

My feeling are so mixed right now. It's amazing, but it seems unbelievable. I hate that I can't just celebrate the results because a sneaking feeling tells me there's something fishy going on. Something like this doesn't happen legitimately without someone building some real support. We got to find out if someone started a Twitter thing and linked the poll specifically for Krystal fans. The message must be out there for so many votes to be coming in. Otherwise, it's vote spam and I'm sad and disappointed that a Krystal fan would do this.

I'm tempted to contact the poll creator and see if he can determine what's up. Before he made the poll google account limited, he was able to tell that it was getting spammed. Not sure how much info he's getting from the poll, but if he could determine if a majority of votes are coming from accounts created in the last day, then that could be telling. Or maybe if some of those accounts don't exist any longer. I wish I didn't have this doubt. I so want it to be real and not be upset that someone might go to such stupid lengths to skew a poll this way. I know it's just a poll, but I like valuable and reliable info to give us goals and see where we stand.

Yeah, no kidding.

Here's the link to the poll again...

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/10-PrK0j1sn_xKYl5PncFgJo0iWiDKBTigeOBOW4jz_c/viewform?usp=send_form

So guys, what do you think? Should I contact "The Nerdy One" and see what's up?
I dont see why not, theres no harm in asking.

Hope its legit though.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I dont see why not, theres no harm in asking.

Hope its legit though.
That's all I needed to hear. Will do.

Edit:

Hmm, I just wrote a bunch on his profile page because I didn't know of a better way. It was lengthy enough that I had to break up everything I said into 4 posts! Man, I can be wordy. Feel kind of bad though because it just didn't feel like the best way. He's not around atm, but we'll see what he says next time he gets on and sees my questions and stuff. I invited him here too if he wants more details.

Edit Again:

I'm going to keep asking you guys if any of you linked that survey on Twitter or something. A straight answer as to how this is happening would put my mind to rest. Or at least if you know of a large support group on Twitter I've not found.

Edit: The Third!

So, I've tracked down the source of that ridiculous Krystal voting...

https://twitter.com/JordanSweeto/status/586032088266190848

Folks, it's legit. Lol, I can't believe it. Who is this guy?!

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
That's all I needed to hear. Will do.

Edit:

Hmm, I just wrote a bunch on his profile page because I didn't know of a better way. It was lengthy enough that I had to break up everything I said into 4 posts! Man, I can be wordy. Feel kind of bad though because it just didn't feel like the best way. He's not around atm, but we'll see what he says next time he gets on and sees my questions and stuff. I invited him here too if he wants more details.

Edit Again:

I'm going to keep asking you guys if any of you linked that survey on Twitter or something. A straight answer as to how this is happening would put my mind to rest. Or at least if you know of a large support group on Twitter I've not found.

Edit: The Third!

So, I've tracked down the source of that ridiculous Krystal voting...

https://twitter.com/JordanSweeto/status/586032088266190848

Folks, it's legit. Lol, I can't believe it. Who is this guy?!
You could have PMd him

HEY thats the guy thats been clamoring for kystal support! Hes all over YT comments, with alot of upvotes. Glad hes still going. I just hope hes not bottin. Doubtful since i guess hes popular or something. Thats who i saw all over YT that one day, just thought he was one guy ho hum, but it seems hes really into it.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
You could have PMd him

HEY thats the guy thats been clamoring for kystal support! Hes all over YT comments, with alot of upvotes. Glad hes still going. I just hope hes not bottin. Doubtful since i guess hes popular or something. Thats who i saw all over YT that one day, just thought he was one guy ho hum, but it seems hes really into it.
I've totally forgotten how PM's work apparently. The damage is done I'm afraid. Hopefully he can understand, heh.

If you click the Twitter link you can see that he's got quite a few followers and he did get them to vote. Expanding any one of the conversations following his tweets in that pic I posted shows lots of responses of "I voted" and the like.

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I've totally forgotten how PM's work apparently. The damage is done I'm afraid. Hopefully he can understand, heh.
Im sure he'll understand.

Now that we know that this jordan fellow is whats causing the krystal following on the twitterverse, do we contact him or something?

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Im sure he'll understand.

Now that we know that this jordan fellow is whats causing the krystal following on the twitterverse, do we contact him or something?
I don't know. I don't have twitter because I'm so behind the times so I couldn't really barge in and tell him anything. Anyone that does have twitter should give him a shoutout and tell him about how the Krystal for DLC group on Smashboards was watching the whole time. Then tell him he's awesome of course.

I hope he actually has gotten his followers to do the real poll on the Smash website, but that requires a bit more than clicking a bubble next to "Krystal" and then submit.

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I don't know. I don't have twitter because I'm so behind the times so I couldn't really barge in and tell him anything. Anyone that does have twitter should give him a shoutout and tell him about how the Krystal for DLC group on Smashboards was watching the whole time. Then tell him he's awesome of course.

I hope he actually has gotten his followers to do the real poll on the Smash website, but that requires a bit more than clicking a bubble next to "Krystal" and then submit.
I can confirm he has told people to vote on the smash ballot, i just didnt know he had a healthy following. I hate twitter so thats on someone elses shoulders xD

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I can confirm he has told people to vote on the smash ballot, i just didnt know he had a healthy following. I hate twitter so thats on someone elses shoulders xD
Well, you might have to start appreciating it from a distance at least.

Related to all this, I actually found where the votes were coming from by finding Krystal Archive's twitter page...

https://twitter.com/BlueVixenNews/with_replies

And on that page they used the hashtag "#Vote4Krystal". So I clicked it and found that there's a bunch of different hashtags for Krystal support. Examples: #TeamKrystal, #VoteForKrystal, #Vote4Krystal, #Krystal4Smash, and I'm sure there's even more! I clicked them all seeing which might have the most recent activity. It happened to be #Krystal4Smash and near the top I saw a comment from this Jordan guy saying...
"OMG *-* well that was quick! you guys just pushed us into 1st place easily!! #SweetoPOWER #Krystal4Smash
Somehow I just knew I'd found it.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So it's a moderately popular Youtube star rallying his fans? Good to hear it's legitimate, but I hope they're voting because they agree with him, not simply because he said to...

Last edited:

Foxy Renegade

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I saw the Jordan Sweeto's community Facebook page that was a fledgling Krystal support page. I guess te guy has created a stronger Twitter/Youtube following so that's good. I remember when I was posting that hashtag a little over a year ago. lol. Twitter is a powerhouse for marketing these days guys, we should really get behind the movement on there. SmashBoards is fairly secluded in all reality, hence why I've been a hardcore supporter since Brawl and only found this thread a week ago. Maybe we can throw out #KrystallizeSm4sh in the mix!

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
I actually been seeing the votes there and she's doing well there which I'm impressed. I really hope that no one is spamming that on purpose. For those on Reddit who has a lot of hate on Krystal and she tends to make it as playable DLC, then too bad for them. I don't care if anyone there calls me a "furry" or they say that "Starfox doesn't need more reps" or any of that crap from there. I'm proud to be a Krystal supporter and I have always have been and will be. That is what matters and like any other fan out there who supports characters to be playable DLC like K. Rool or Dixie, I respect their choices and support them as well. For Sakurai hating on Krystal, I doubt that's the case. Besides, when that poll occured for instance back in 2008 regarding about which newcomer people wanted to see there. He saw that Krystal was the most requested female newcomer to be playable for Brawl and he was impressed with it. Fast forward to now and you can bet that he would still be impressed by it along with K. Rool since those 2 are popular choices to be playable in both the Japanese and Western audiences(considering the fact that Sakurai is probably aware of that Miyamoto is working on a new Starfox Wii U game which increases Krystal's chances alongside with Wolf). I don't think he hates those 2 at all. Otherwise, we wouldn't have seen them at all in the Smash series as of now as trophies. Besides, just because a character there is a trophy doesn't mean that they can't be playable.

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I was very suspicious of this increase in Krystal votes, but if you found the source and it's legit, then I certainly don't mind ! Let us hope this fine Krystal supporter also told his twitter friends to vote for Krystal on the DLC poll, lol.

Welcome here, Vsaur !

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I hope those votes translate into ACTUAL poll votes and not someone rigging a poll to try and trick people inot voting for her on the real poll because she's the winning team. Humans do stupid things like that.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
I hope those votes translate into ACTUAL poll votes and not someone rigging a poll to try and trick people inot voting for her on the real poll because she's the winning team. Humans do stupid things like that.
Same here. What Jordan should do as well is link to the actual Smash Fighter Ballot and get his followers to vote there as well.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I dunno, it's mostly here that she's unpopular. I had never heard of Krystal hate before coming to these parts. :p
(by here I don't necessarily mean Smashboards)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Krystal's somewhat polarising but no-where near as much as Tingle for example. She's on a lot of people's lists but not as the number 1 choice. Usually as number four or five.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
Wow. That guy on Twitter, Jordan. His is rallying so much support for Krystal! Its so awesome seeing all those people supporting and voting for her.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
ZeRo's list, for example.
True she may not be up near the number one spot for most lists, but the fact that she it there and from a well known Smash Player, just having her on his list is great as it shows many people who wouldn't have thought of her either.

It'll be great if a well known Smasher Player would place her near the top however.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
True she may not be up near the number one spot for most lists, but the fact that she it there and from a well known Smash Player, just having her on his list is great as it shows many people who wouldn't have thought of her either.

It'll be great if a well known Smasher Player would place her near the top however.
I'll take top 5 from the best Smash Wii U player out there at this time. When you look at his list too, he's got a few characters in there that have limiting factors that'll make them much harder to add... Sora and Banjo have third party limitations and Snake does also although he has the benefit of being a vet that could be ported fairly easily I'd think. Krystal competes well with those three characters in votes too. On his list, K. Rool is the most likely followed by Krystal, realistically. Then Snake, Banjo, and Sora in that order probably.

Top Bottom