• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Like I've said a few times, Star Fox Wii U really has the potential to make or break us, so to speak. Krystal needs something fresh for her. People need to be reminded what she's about and why she's unique, and for many it's been too long or they were never impressed to begin with. The stigma she carries now feels more current than her game canon to some because it's continued to be a thing long after her last notable appearance in a game.

And we can't really force people to change their minds or anything, we can just try and speak passionately about the character we choose to support because of "x" or "y" legit reasons. New material coming in for Krystal would absolutely help this.

About the issue of Star Fox getting two characters, I think it's got as legit a claim as any franchise because...

1) Wolf shouldn't have been cut and I think most believe he won't be influenced by the ballot because he's already in the works. Plus, we're not really getting two reps so much as we're restoring the three we had in Brawl and adding another. Maybe it's a fun little loophole explanation and I'm sure many would find exception with it.

2) The numbers speak. Wolf is the most wanted returning vet in just about all polls, particularly by the Japanese. Krystal is a top 5 wanted newcomer in many polls, particularly by the Japanese. Only other franchise that's managing the same two character support is Donkey Kong. Although not related to votes necessarily, I bet a poll asking what franchises could or should have two more reps, DK and Star Fox have little competition from any other franchise repped in Smash.
Actually, related to the last part of my last post there, I was looking at that one survey that's google account limited that I posted about earlier. Here...

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/10-...BTigeOBOW4jz_c/viewanalytics?usp=form_confirm

Seems Krystal doesn't have the momentum of some characters since some of them have distanced themselves from her and others have closed ground. It's still a smallish sample though and her competition still consists of quite a few characters with limitations that I explained in an earlier post. Mainly Banjo, Bayonetta, Rayman, Shovel Knight, Snake, Chrom, and Ridley. Real competition like Dixie, Paper Mario, and Inkling have either passed or caught up to us... although I feel Paper Mario is a pretty iffy inclusion personally even if the only real reason against him is "More Marios". Bandanna Dee is shadowing us a tad closer too, but most of the rest of the characters now around Krystal's numbers are again characters with limitations like Shantae and Simon Belmont. I'll admit I'm pretty happy to see Shantae get a boost in support but her chances are quite limited and I understand that. ICs have also closed ground but they have a fairly unique set of limitations but you never know with them. Other vets being requested a lot are Wolf, Roy, and Young Link. The latter two just seem a bit silly to add, but people will vote how they'll vote I guess. Roy has a big Melee fanbase and Young Link is going on the unique "masks moveset" card so that it doesn't look like a third Link. It's a similar strategy to what the Paper Mario fans are hoping will work. And, of course, King K. Rool and Isaac look to be the true powerhouse vote grabbers and will likely be the top two most wanted newcomers stateside. Realistically, we're fighting for third and not doing too badly, but it's a crowded third. I hope the Japanese push Krystal into a legit third of even second. Star Fox Wii U could really be a huge influence down the road. Only time will tell.

Last edited:

Aurora Sparkle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aurora-Sparkle
I think what we really need is a more visual way to start to gain support for Krystal. If there was a way that we could SHOW others who aren't already on her side, or who have a stigma against her the potential she has as a fighter, that could be just what she needs to kickstart more support for her inclusion.

I was thinking either a fan made animation of her potential moveset, or even if someone was able to make a Brawl hack of her and create a fitting moveset to the best of their abilities and then spread the footage of it around. (Post it on Youtube, Smashboards, Etc)
Honestly I'd do that myself if I could, but I have virtually no knowledge whatsoever when it comes to replacing/altering characters in Brawl.
Is there anyone out there we DO know who has the ability/would be willing to help the cause for Krystal, to help her stand out and give people a visual idea of what she'd be able to do if she got in?

Either way, at this point I'm not willing to give up yet- and until the day that Ballot closes I'm going to do everything i possibly can to try and Rally support for her. This is the best chance we've ever had at getting Krystal into smash, and it wouldn't be right as fans of her, if we didn't give it an honest try.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I think what we really need is a more visual way to start to gain support for Krystal. If there was a way that we could SHOW others who aren't already on her side, or who have a stigma against her the potential she has as a fighter, that could be just what she needs to kickstart more support for her inclusion.

I was thinking either a fan made animation of her potential moveset, or even if someone was able to make a Brawl hack of her and create a fitting moveset to the best of their abilities and then spread the footage of it around. (Post it on Youtube, Smashboards, Etc)
Honestly I'd do that myself if I could, but I have virtually no knowledge whatsoever when it comes to replacing/altering characters in Brawl.
Is there anyone out there we DO know who has the ability/would be willing to help the cause for Krystal, to help her stand out and give people a visual idea of what she'd be able to do if she got in?

Either way, at this point I'm not willing to give up yet- and until the day that Ballot closes I'm going to do everything i possibly can to try and Rally support for her. This is the best chance we've ever had at getting Krystal into smash, and it wouldn't be right as fans of her, if we didn't give it an honest try.
Your idea sounds very familiar to me.....
If I wasn't as consistently busy with school related stuff lately and if I had a bit more confidence in my abilities... I'd draw up my Krystal moveset ideas like I said I would a while back. I could draw her moves in keyframes and add other frames and make a few gifs perhaps. That's a ton of work though and I haven't attempted anything like that in a long while. Don't necessarily count on it, but it would be fun if I could. Something interesting to throw in a sig perhaps.
As you can see, it's something I've been thinking about for quite some time and wishing I had more time and more confidence of ability to say I could. When I have less school stuff going on, I'll take a crack at it. I'm sure there's more capable people out there but it's as much an idea for a pet project for myself as anything and it wouldn't feel right soliciting someone else to make my idea work with the presumption that it should be my moveset ideas. At least if I do it, then it can be my moveset ideas and I wont feel guilty.

In case you're wondering, I first brought this up in this thead as a way to share a moveset idea and I wasn't necessarily thinking of advertising. The whole DLC dust-up following the direct made me realize how useful this could be for that purpose however.

Edit: Now, if someone here had a 3D model program and could take her Smash trophy and add bones and alter texture a bit and animate Krystal that way.... that would be pretty awesome. I've never really figured out how to do that stuff.

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
We could try asking around deviant art or something, honestly maybe my step sis could draw illustrations, maybe a quick clip idk. Ill need to ask and get a hold of her as shes already working on projects :/ so no guarantees.

Aurora Sparkle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aurora-Sparkle
I found something similar to what I was talking about- it seems this fellow has made a Brawl mod replacing Peach with Krystal. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGhmNPLAaBQ

It is pretty funny to see Krystal using Peach's moves. XD
This is basically what I had in mind, but taking it one step further by actually creating a full moveset for her in brawl as well, utilizing her staff somehow. It would be a good way to show off the potential she has as a fighter if she were to make it into Smash 4.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I found something similar to what I was talking about- it seems this fellow has made a Brawl mod replacing Peach with Krystal. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGhmNPLAaBQ

It is pretty funny to see Krystal using Peach's moves. XD
This is basically what I had in mind, but taking it one step further by actually creating a full moveset for her in brawl as well, utilizing her staff somehow. It would be a good way to show off the potential she has as a fighter if she were to make it into Smash 4.
By the time it's finished the poll will be finished and the characters will be chosen, we need a faster way to show people and get it out there

Aurora Sparkle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aurora-Sparkle
By the time it's finished the poll will be finished and the characters will be chosen, we need a faster way to show people and get it out there
The poll is going to be up for at least 5 months. Honestly I dont think it would take that long to make a simple moveset hack for her- I've seen people do it in a few weeks. Part of the work is already done considering there are already several ripped models for her ready to import into Brawl. Also, it doesn't have to be polished to the point where it's enough to be in Project M or anything. Just enough to show off and give people a general idea of her potential moveset, and what she could look like fighting in a Smash bros. Environment.

Last edited:

Foxy Renegade

Smash Cadet
If you want a faster way to garner support for her you may want to try contacting the developers for Star Fox Wii U about getting her in the game most likely through Twitter if they have an account. Several random-ass characters have skyrocketed recently simply due to developers pushing their characters for inclusion. Or it could entirely backfire and they could go against it for some unknown reason. If someone could find the official Twitter we could all throw posts at them asking about the possibility.

Also, I know that before Japanese was against Krystal. Could someone please post a link to a poll that actually proves that the Japanese is pro-Krystal? And as for the poll jahkzheng posted, how can we vote on that? When I click the link there is no way to really vote.

Aurora Sparkle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aurora-Sparkle
I agree that spamming Sakurai or any of the important people at Nintendo is not the proper way to go about gathering support for our character. It will only annoy them, and not help our cause look any better.
What we need to do, is try to reach out to people either undecided or who have had a negative view on Krystal in the past, and try to show them why she is a worthwhile character and why they should also lend their support for her because of all the potential she could bring to Smash with her Unique moveset, being a physical staff user.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I got a couple of ideas or what to do but I need to know where I can get a Krystal model rigged for Source Film Maker. And a model of her staff. Any ideas?

Also if/when Krystal is added I hope they add some Adventures music

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
I wonder if they'd add a stage for each new character as side-by-side DLC... You know, with accompanying music, of course.

Probably not for the veterans, but rather for the newcomers. It would be pretty cool. I can totally imagine a stage set on Sauria somewhere for Krystal.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
I know I've posted this before, but this song from StarFox Assault would make a great character reveal trailer theme for Krystal:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I think I have not managed to contain my excitement for Krystal's possible inclusion.

Cue my impending disappointment, lol.

Cities > Either Sauria or the Krazoa Palace, I don't know which one I'd prefer but I know they would both be awesome.

From what I have seen on some French forums, Krystal has a fairly decent amount of followers, she's always at the top of the polls, along with Vlad (Isaac from Golden Sun) and Wolf. Isaac is anormally high, but then again plenty of people love Golden Sun in France, I think it was a best-seller on the virtual console over here, so no surprises ! Often times, Krystal is 3rd most voted.

Last edited:

Foxy Renegade

Smash Cadet
I wasn't saying to spam and annoy the higher-ups at Nintendo. I was just citing the companies that have recently backed their characters and the popularity for them took out like crazy. Look at Banjo Kazooie and a few others. When the company backs a character, all of the fans that have no creativity follow like sheep. I was simply suggesting that we attempt to contact those that head Star Fox and Krystal and see if we could build their motivation that she should be there. If you build it, they will come. lol. Otherwise, good luck finding all of the furries hidden away in the deep recesses of the internet. At no point did I suggest spamming Sakurai or spamming in general, just creating the movement. #KrystallizeSm4sh

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
@ IanTheGamer IanTheGamer : I made a mistake, it's [ IMG] and [ /IMG] without the spaces, lol. It works just fine for me (just tried it).

Foxy Renegade > Yeah, but isn't Starfox Nintendo's franchise and baby ? I don't see how we could build Nintendo's motivation to include their own character in one of their own games. Banjo & Kazooie & Shantae's owners can ask for support because it's not like they have a say in the end, and it's also a way for them to advertize for their characters.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I've got this idea of making a moveset video in SFM for Krystal but I'm having trouble finding a compatible model. I found the Brawl SF PCs and a GMod Krystal model but none for her in SFM.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
I've got this idea of making a moveset video in SFM for Krystal but I'm having trouble finding a compatible model. I found the Brawl SF PCs and a GMod Krystal model but none for her in SFM.
It would be cool if we could find somone skilled and willing enough to create a good model of Krystal from scratch to be made compatable with SFM. A SFM visualization of Krystal's moves would be an excellent way to showcase her potential.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
From what I see from my research it looks like no Krystal model works well with this SFM software... People complain that there's one that's available however it doesn't seem to have bones for the facial features and the hands/fingers. I suppose that's been your main problem ?

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
So, I have no idea if this has been covered, but here's what my thoughts are. So on the official Smash Bros page, go to any character's page and scroll down to the bottom where you can pick any character on the slider. If you scroll to the very right, you'll see Pac-Man, the Mii Fighters, the Secret Fighters page, and now Mewtwo. Next to Mewtwo, there are five blank slots.

One of them will be Lucas, obviously, so that leaves four left. Now let's look at this past Nintendo Direct. Mewtwo's release is in the month of April, and Lucas's reveal is in the month of April as well. Fast-Foward to June where E3 is. Nintendo will more-than-likely open up like they did the Direct, with a Smash Bros trailer. We'll probably see a second trailer for Lucas as well as the release date for him. They'll pull another "But wait, there's more!" and show off the trailer for the next DLC, being Wolf, who is used as hype for the next Star Fox and a bridge for their next topic, being the game. Let's go with the 'Two-Months-Later' theory and say he'll be released in August. Now, that's 3/6 of the slots on the slider.

Wolf gets released, and we're shown the next DLC fighter. We'll go with King K. Rool, whose pretty likely at this point. Following the 'Two-Months-Later' theory, he'll be released in October, the same month the poll ends. This leaves us with 4/6 of the slots on the slider. When King K. Rool is released, they'll cut off the ballots because they've already chosen the final DLC character to be released, again, two months later in December. We'll just say it's Isaac, because he's also pretty likely. Now we've gotten 5/6 and the ballots are closed.

So who's the sixth? I'd guess that when they reveal Wolf, they'll ALSO reveal Krystal, who will ALSO come out in August. Wolf's reveal would be the end of the Veteran DLC fighters, Krystal's reveal would be the start of the Newcomer DLC fighters. Again, this is all a theory, but I'd say it makes sense.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
Hello, I've been lurking since yesterday when I found this thread and saw people were looking for a model. I happened to find this while looking, but it doesn't use SFM but Maya and that program is so expense. I'm not sure any of you want to do something with it.

krystalarchive.com/3d/greyfirefoxrig/ (Remove the () from the link for it to work)

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
SAVideos, I wouldn't use the slider to guess the amount of DLC we're getting. After all, if you view it on a Ipad, you'll see it has 5 characters per row, which means we won't be out of gaps on both platforms until we have 90 characters.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
SAVideos, I wouldn't use the slider to guess the amount of DLC we're getting. After all, if you view it on a Ipad, you'll see it has 5 characters per row, which means we won't be out of gaps on both platforms until we have 90 characters.
It's mostly about the months. I just used the slots to illustrate my points. The slots helped fit the "Two-Months" theory, so I used it. Plus, you can fit 6 more characters on the Wii U character select screen. It's really just my hopeful thinking based on 'what can fit'

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
From what I see from my research it looks like no Krystal model works well with this SFM software... People complain that there's one that's available however it doesn't seem to have bones for the facial features and the hands/fingers. I suppose that's been your main problem?
I haven't actually gotten any Krystal model yet but I have enough bad experience with SFM to know to look for a compatible model. I tried using the robots from MVM mode in TF2 the week they came out but the lighting files weren't properly coded for SFM so they turned out purple.

Hello, I've been lurking since yesterday when I found this thread and saw people were looking for a model. I happened to find this while looking, but it doesn't use SFM but Maya and that program is so expense. I'm not sure any of you want to do something with it.

krystalarchive.com/3d/greyfirefoxrig/
I THINK I JUST PLUNGED INTO UNCANNY VALLEY!

*catches breath*

That model could work with some tweaking (tone down the fur) but I don't know Maya. Thanks for the link anyway, least we've got something to start with.

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Characters don't need to fit on the character select screen though. They could add another menu or simply use an arrow to go to the latter rows. Or they could even use a DLC specific option.

EDIT : You have to pay for Maya though, unless, well, you know what I mean. It's much more detailed though. And yeah, I've been looking on several websites and they say they managed to convert Krystal's files to make them usable for Source FilmMaker but that it wasn't properly done.

You know, I wonder if we could ask someone to do it for us, or even pay them if that's what's really needed.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Hold on, everyone. Maybe we're approaching this the wrong way. A game mod or animations could help, but there are also a lot of different ways they could go wrong. If we focus on one specific moveset, we could lose interest from people who had a different moveset in mind. If the animations aren't spot on, we run the risk of plunging into the uncanny valley.

I think I have a better idea...but to explain, I'll need to reference the K. Rool thread. Scroll down to the part where they talk about moveset options. Notice how there aren't any concrete movesets, and instead there're entire essays talking about different weapons and techniques he used in the games, and how they could be implemented? The Isaac thread does something similar, forgoing actual movesets for showing all the different Psynergy spells, djinn, and summons Isaac has access to and discussing how they could be used.

Both groups are doing something really ingenious: they're appealing to imagination. I have a couple longshot characters that I only got interested in once I thought of movesets for them. The K. Rool and Isaac threads are laying the groundwork for the viewers to design a moveset themselves, therefore making it easier for them to get invested.

Not only do I think we can do something similar, I think that with the right combination of writers and artists, we can take it a step further. Where the K. Rool thread has essays, we could have infographics. We could write out how different aspects of Krystal's moveset and playstyle could work, and supplement it with concept art of the moves in action. By appealing to viewers' imagination while also giving them a point of reference, we can make our cause that much stronger.

I can also set up a template/explanation for what they could look like later on, if necessary.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
StarFox Adventures was amazing, would still be excited to see Krystal make it.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I thought of a another move she could do. She could use a counter attack similar to Shulk. In Starfox Assault in the first level there is a moment where she sensed enemies trying to ambush them. Jump to 4:55 to see what I'm talking about. Also she dodges an attack at about 8:07 (not sure if this is psychic or just reflexes). And she can sense weak spots shown at exactly 9:06.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
If you want a faster way to garner support for her you may want to try contacting the developers for Star Fox Wii U about getting her in the game most likely through Twitter if they have an account. Several random-*** characters have skyrocketed recently simply due to developers pushing their characters for inclusion. Or it could entirely backfire and they could go against it for some unknown reason. If someone could find the official Twitter we could all throw posts at them asking about the possibility.

Also, I know that before Japanese was against Krystal. Could someone please post a link to a poll that actually proves that the Japanese is pro-Krystal? And as for the poll jahkzheng posted, how can we vote on that? When I click the link there is no way to really vote.
Here...

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/10-PrK0j1sn_xKYl5PncFgJo0iWiDKBTigeOBOW4jz_c/viewform?usp=send_form

It's google account limited so you have to sign in to vote if you aren't already. It's mostly been a Gamefaqs poll since "The Nerdy One" posted it there initially I think, but has only mentioned it here on Smashboards. Like I've said, Gamefaqs seems to have relatively little Krystal support relative to Smashboards, so our results are pretty good considering that.

...and here's a link to the Japanese poll results....

https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/02/19/perception-of-smash-dlc-in-japan/

Krystal was the second most wanted newcomer, but as you can see the Japanese have a whole bunch of vet requests first. Also, it's stated that the Krystal support was more secondary. People mentioned her in the same breath as other character, but it's still clear she gets a ton of mentions of support, just not the singular support of other characters. 430 is also a fairly small sample size too.

Also, if you want to flag me down easier you can just put an "@" in front of my name. It works for anyone of course and gives them an alert as if they'd been responded too even without quoting them. Example... @ Foxy Renegade Foxy Renegade

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I thought of a another move she could do. She could use a counter attack similar to Shulk. In Starfox Assault in the first level there is a moment where she sensed enemies trying to ambush them. Jump to 4:55 to see what I'm talking about. Also she dodges an attack at about 8:07 (not sure if this is psychic or just reflexes). And she can sense weak spots shown at exactly 9:06.

No. Please no more counters
Here...

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/10-PrK0j1sn_xKYl5PncFgJo0iWiDKBTigeOBOW4jz_c/viewform?usp=send_form

It's google account limited so you have to sign in to vote if you aren't already. It's mostly been a Gamefaqs poll since "The Nerdy One" posted it there initially I think, but has only mentioned it here on Smashboards. Like I've said, Gamefaqs seems to have relatively little Krystal support relative to Smashboards, so our results are pretty good considering that.

...and here's a link to the Japanese poll results....

https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/02/19/perception-of-smash-dlc-in-japan/

Krystal was the second most wanted newcomer, but as you can see the Japanese have a whole bunch of vet requests first. Also, it's stated that the Krystal support was more secondary. People mentioned her in the same breath as other character, but it's still clear she gets a ton of mentions of support, just not the singular support of other characters. 430 is also a fairly small sample size too.

Also, if you want to flag me down easier you can just put an "@" in front of my name. It works for anyone of course and gives them an alert as if they'd been responded too even without quoting them. Example... @ Foxy Renegade Foxy Renegade
Look at Ridley putting in that work though, seriously good on you Japan

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
B: Fire Blaster
Side B: Ice Blaser
Up B: Rocket Booster
Down B: Ground Quake

I see no reason not to go for this Special moveset.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I used my thinker-box today:

Standard Attacks:

Neutral: Ranged 'High Poke - Low Poke - Mid JAB'
Side-Tilt: Very extended Hammer-Swing OR an extended staff twirl
Up-Tilt: Overhead Staff Wave OR high up poke
Dash-Attack: Running Jab, Run-Jump swipe (Like Link's) OR a pole-vaulting kick

Aerial Attacks:
Neutral-Air: Krystal twirls the staff towards the camera with the hit-box completely enveloping her
Forward-Air: Krystal does a somersault with the staff extending past her head and brings it back in after 180 degrees of rotation
Backward-Air: Jabs the staff under her armpit towards enemies behind her
Up-Air: Upward thrust with the staff
Down-Air: Krystal slams her Staff downward (Meteors)

Smash Attacks:
Side-Smash: Very ranged jab (As long as Shulk's side-smash) followed by an explosion at the tip of the staff
Up-Smash: Very ranged thrust of the staff upward with an explosion at the tip
Down-Smash: Ranged and quick 'pokes' to the left and right of Krystal's feet with explosions

Special Attacks:
Neutral: Fire Blaster
Side-Special: Ice Blaster
Up-Special: Rocket Boost (Meteors when in air) OR rapid twirls of the staff like a helicopter
Down-Special: Ground Quake (Meteors when by the edge) OR a Counter

Final Smash:
Krystal hops on the Cloudrunner from Adventures' intro and fires super-charged fire blasts from a ZZSamus's Final Smash POV OR Krystal used her telepathic abilities to completely mess with opponents (Slows time, reverse controls, etc)

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Side B: Ice Blaser
Up B: Rocket Booster
Down B: Ground Quake

I see no reason not to go for this Special moveset.
It's the most commonly thought of one for sure. My personal favorite is...

(With a storable charge that can be used during a smash attack.. it's a gimmick I explained in this thread earlier.)

Side B: Ice Blaster
(But I've also considered a move that'll increase her mobility too like Fox, Falco, and Wolf have but could still incorporate an ice effect, like perhaps a ice slide or using the ice blast to push herself forward or keep her stalled with.)

Up B: Rocket Boost
(This one is the most obvious choice. She could lean back on the staff a bit and let it lead her creating a hitbox at the point of the staff above her head, protecting her from attacks from above during recovery.)

Down B: Counter/Command Grab
(This utilizes her telepathic abilities to read the opponent similar to Shulk and pull of a counter of some kind. A dodge and command grab could give her a unique counter too.)

Her quake move could be her down smash and using the store abilities I described for her neutral B, she could unleash a more powerful downsmash resembling her super quake staff move.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why shouldn't Krystal summon Krazoa Spirits as her Final Smash? I think that would fit...

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
No. Please no more counters.
I'm just saying its a possibility. She has more potential than just her staff. Also it seems that the characters now needs a gimmick or a unique trait. Little Mac KO punch, Rosalina's luma, Bowser Jr.s clown copter defense, Shulk's Mondo arts change, etc....

What makes Krystal unique?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm just saying its a possibility. She has more potential than just her staff. Also it seems that the characters now needs a gimmick or a unique trait. Little Mac KO punch, Rosalina's luma, Bowser Jr.s clown copter defense, Shulk's Mondo arts change, etc....

What makes Krystal unique?
Mind range pressure combo game? Imagine that she'd combo opponents like how Fox kicks and swings the staff in Adventures, and allow those to follow up for Fire Blaster and Ice Blaster set ups? Sort of a rush down poker styled fighter?

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Mind range pressure combo game? Imagine that she'd combo opponents like how Fox kicks and swings the staff in Adventures, and allow those to follow up for Fire Blaster and Ice Blaster set ups? Sort of a rush down poker styled fighter?
That's a play style and not really a gimmick. Little Mac's KO punch is his gimmick but his play style is great ground game with speed and power attacks.

Top Bottom