• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I won't be surprised if it turns out to be Kumatora. Smashified seems to have a thing for Mother.

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
You're on. I think this is another ebin head fake from the "trolling mastahs" and it's going to be either Dixie Kong with her BLUE guitar or Kumatora (yet another Mother character. Snore.). I pick Dixie Kong. You had better pay up if I win, because I'm coming to collect. It's either 10 free likes for me or two broken legs for you.
Ok I'll stay true to my promise winner get 10 free likes.

I actully discarded Dixie because I though her guitar was pink after looking at some google images I've seen her use a blue guitar
git gud.

Vixenly

Smash Cadet
The Krystal x Fox ship is the best, isn't it?! It's so CANON. Welcome to Smashboards.
And it's so CUTE, too! Best otp.

And if it is Kumatora, I wouldn't mind as much compared to if it's Dixie Kong. I liked Mother 3. But I'd hope Krystal shows up soon after.

This poll ends next month after all. What a wild ride it's been.

Vixenly

Smash Cadet
Now this is story all about how
my life got flipped turned upside down
and I'd like to take a minute
just sit right there
I'll tell you how we made 300 page thread about the magical blue space vixen.

Vixenly

Smash Cadet
...I personally don't care too much for PantherXKrystal, but you do you man. I would call you odd, at least.

Last edited:

Vixenly

Smash Cadet
Staffgurl fic is already in the word document. 44,000 words in the making.

That Mario Maker Krystal stage is cute! Something about 8-bit Krystal is adorable.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Just wanted to say that I really want to see what Krystal Archive did since I was somewhat invested. Can't easily though because on a phone. Smashboards has been a huge pain to navigate lately, so this is my one post tonight.

Also, hi new people!

Also, FYI, all hints for Smashified 11 point to Dixie, and if you're wondering about "blue", Dixie has blue earrings. No question that that's a part of her design. There's also a gradient on them because of shine, so "lots of blue". And I think "hairy" is a hint too, so yeah.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I don't even care if smashified never makes a picture of Krystal. Sure it would be neat and all, but we have our very own artist who already made a great "smashified" pic of Krystal! And that's krayin kaphonie! And I hope he makes more when he has the time.

If the people who do smashified do Krystal at some point then that's awesome, but overall I don't mind it if they won't. It's not like it really makes any big difference at this point, since most people have already thrown their votes to a character that they want in smash (though there's always a chance that someone would throw more than one vote to different characters).

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
So game explain mentioned how DKC TF got delayed pretty much the same time was coming on Nov 2013 ended coming out feb 2014.

And the game looked pretty much the same I'm starting to think they found some glitches, or something that could've been better and the game was dalayed to fix tis problems.

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
So game explain mentioned how DKC TF got delayed pretty much the same time was coming on Nov 2013 ended coming out feb 2014.

And the game looked pretty much the same I'm starting to think they found some glitches, or something that could've been better and the game was dalayed to fix tis problems.
I can imagine it was mainly glitches and graphical issues. With Star Fox Zero, obviously a lot of mistakes are going to happen, considering how tight a deadline this game was on. At least now they should hopefully have the time to fix all these little problems and it will conclude to a much better received opinion upon release.

Nintendo said themselves that it was still possible for them to release it this year and they probably could have patched any problems later on, but good first impressions are going to be key to most of the games early day sales and besides that, I don't think a game should ever be released with majorly noticeable problems anyways.

Last edited:

darklink34

Smash Journeyman

Well probably because the stuff they kept showing was finished and in good quality, but maybe they realized that they would need more time to polish and give everything else the same quality treatment.

For Star Fox Zero they kept showing the same 4 levels every time, which probably were all part of the same build that was the most stable and polished (or it was an old build that happened to be the most stable and safe to show publicly). There are plenty of reasons that could have lead to the delay. Maybe the game was finished but Miyamoto thought it was lacking in someway. It isn't anything new that devs would scrap near finished products, because those weren't up for the quality they wanted.
Resident Evil series has plenty of games that had different builds, but were scrapped in the end for various reasons. And we know SF2 was near completion, but Miyamoto wanted the next SF game to be on the N64 so he canceled SF2.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Was everyone calling ti the nail in the WiiU's coffin then too?

Infimus

Smash Apprentice

Miyamoto stated three major fixes, overall gameplay, polishing the level design, and the tone of the cutscenes.

These first two I can understand what he's trying to achieve, and I hope he doesn't dumb down the game, half the reason I love PlatinumGames is the fact that mastering the controls is always fun and extremely satisfying I hope we have something like that in Zero. But the last one I really don't understand, is He going to change the dialogue, the VAs (that, to my surprise, are doing a good job so far), or is it something else? It's hard to say for sure because the game itself when you look at the TV screen it looks like one giant interactive cutscene, which is kinda cool.

Who knows what will change? I know the development of games changed a lot in the past 10 years, but I just want to point out again that Assault was originally going to be released in November 2004, but because of the negative reception they decided to delay the game to the beginning of 2005, sounds familiar?

Last edited:

EliteXit

Smash Cadet
Now some are saying: "Krystal is the reason SFZ was delayed." She's nowhere in sight, and yet... they constantly use her as a scapegoat.

Ignorance knows no bounds.

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
You're on. I think this is another ebin head fake from the "trolling mastahs" and it's going to be either Dixie Kong with her BLUE guitar or Kumatora (yet another Mother character. Snore.). I pick Dixie Kong. You had better pay up if I win, because I'm coming to collect. It's either 10 free likes for me or two broken legs for you.
The guy should get rid of his Mother bias (it's one thing that the Travis pic was before Smashifieds were done as advertisement, but doing one for ANOTHER EB char is ridiculous). >___<

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
The guy should get rid of his Mother bias (it's one thing that the Travis pic was before Smashifieds were done as advertisement, but doing one for ANOTHER EB char is ridiculous). >___<
LAWL. Right? I'm a Mother fan and even I think it's too soon to be talking about a 2nd character, although Travis doesn't even count if I'm being brutally honest. The hint for Smashified said there would be a "good amount of blue" in the palette and there's fur. Means it can ONLY be Dixie or Krystal. I think "good amount" means they'll use the guitar, since a pair of earrings aren't what I interpret to be a "good amount."

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Now some are saying: "Krystal is the reason SFZ was delayed." She's nowhere in sight, and yet... they constantly use her as a scapegoat.

Ignorance knows no bounds.
Wouldnt that be a good thing though? I'd be laughing so hard if that was the case, even more hard if it actually managed to bring the series back in popularity like Lucina singlehandedly made FE popular after nearly dying, at least that's what I heard.

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
LAWL. Right? I'm a Mother fan and even I think it's too soon to be talking about a 2nd character, although Travis doesn't even count if I'm being brutally honest. The hint for Smashified said there would be a "good amount of blue" in the palette and there's fur. Means it can ONLY be Dixie or Krystal. I think "good amount" means they'll use the guitar, since a pair of earrings aren't what I interpret to be a "good amount."
Well I don't know if just the guitar qualifies, since it's just one thing (there's also the fact that the guitar isn't very prominent or well-known with her).

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Well I don't know if just the guitar qualifies, since it's just one thing (there's also the fact that the guitar isn't very prominent or well-known with her).
I don't know if just the earrings qualify, which is why I think they'd use both. What else does Dixie have that's blue?

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
Good point Bone! other characters aren't portreyed with weapon or guitars in this case unless that's what makes the character lie Issac is a swordsman he appears with his sword, shovel knight weapon of choice is a shovel he appears using it, I can see dixie having some guitar moves but not a whole moveset baised on them.

Like King K rool I can see him using his pirate gun but he is not portrayed using one.
#GotYouNow
#Reversed
#IWillTakeThouseLikes

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Good point Bone! other characters aren't portreyed with weapon or guitars in this case unless that's what makes the character lie Issac is a swordsman he appears with his sword, shovel knight weapon of choice is a shovel he appears using it, I can see dixie having some guitar moves but not a whole moveset baised on them.

Like King K rool I can see him using his pirate gun but he is not portrayed using one.

#GotYouNow
#Reversed
#IWillTakeThouseLikes
What did I go back on exactly? My Dixie prediction is still in effect and I don't owe you a single like until the next render is revealed.

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
What did I go back on exactly? My Dixie prediction is still in effect and I don't owe you a single like until the next render is revealed.
Up until a few moments I though Dixie was certain to be the next smashified character because you said she could be using her blue guitar something I diden't considered when I said I was sure it was Krystal.

Then I though most smashified characters are portrayed with objects only if it vital for that character Like Issac you can't put him without his sword he can't fight without it.

Btw I diden't meant I already won, I meant that I have a little more hope that the next character will be Krystal the character I bet for.

I mean I'm getting 10 free likes If win right?

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Up until a few moments I though Dixie was certain to be the next smashified character because you said she could be using her blue guitar something I diden't considered when I said I was sure it was Krystal.

Then I though most smashified characters are portrayed with objects only if it vital for that character Like Issac you can't put him with his sword he can't fight without it.

Btw I diden't meant I already won, I meant that I have a little more hope that the next character will be Krystal the character I bet for.

I mean I'm getting 10 free likes If win right?
Yes. 10 free likes for you if it's Krystal, 10 free likes for me if it's Dixie. If you feel that I have an unfair advantage at this point, you could always change your prediction to Dixie and I'll take Krystal. (the mind games. the mind games!)

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I can't believe they're actually blaming Krystal fans. Well... I can. I predicted they'd blame us for any big setbacks, but that was related to sales! I didn't think the fingers would come pointing at us this soon before the game even released.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe they're actually blaming Krystal fans. Well... I can. I predicted they'd blame us for any big setbacks, but that was related to sales! I didn't think the fingers would come pointing at us this soon before the game even released.
I would laugh my ass off if the game wouldn't sell well and then those same people would blame us and say "it didn't sell well because the Krystal fanboys didn't wanna buy it because Krystal wasn't in it, they ruin everything". XD There just would be so much wrong in that sentence that I would probably create a blackhole by just thinking about it xD.

Edit: I seriously don't want these people to go away, they are just so freaking hilarious! If Krystal wouldn't ever come back to the series they would still blame her for everything :D. "Star Fox 6 sucked because Krystal was created long time ago and infected the series, even if she isn't in the games anymore!"

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I would laugh my *** off if the game wouldn't sell well and then those same people would blame us and say "it didn't sell well because the Krystal fanboys didn't wanna buy it because Krystal wasn't in it, they ruin everything". XD There just would be so much wrong in that sentence that I would probably create a blackhole by just thinking about it xD.
I can see it already. First they want us and our character to leave the fanbase, then they turn around and blame us for not supporting the game. Which is it gonna be?! Do you need Krystal fans or not?!

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
Typical Nintendrones. >__<

I would like the opportunity to troll some of those haters on YT. Any advice on how to anger them?

Top Bottom