• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Good news perhaps, apparently the leaker screwed up and was confimred to be from Brazil (which, mind you, as far as I know has no ties to ESRB or Nintendo). Currently a hot topic on SSB4 reddit, but I'm still looking over it.
Those ****ing ******** still pissed after germany annihilated them why thanks brazil...

ChainsOfDusk

Smash Cadet
Those ****ing *******s still pissed after germany annihilated them why thanks brazil...
lol, the leak in it's entirety could very well be a huge grand lie. Hope this follows through, so far it looks like ti could be debunked as it stands (Please happen please lol).

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Brazil,??!!!, Then the leak is fake, if it was Japanese, then I'd be worried, but it's from Brazil, a country which isn't a priority to Nintendo, if the leak was American or Japanese, (Nintendo's biggest priorities), then I'd be worried

Last edited:

Aurora Sparkle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aurora-Sparkle
lol, the leak in it's entirety could very well be a huge grand lie. Hope this follows through, so far it looks like ti could be debunked as it stands (Please happen please lol).
Oh man.. if that happened then somebody up there still likes me.. XD

I'm honestly gonna keep my hopes relatively low though because my emotions have already been tossed all over the place by this leak, and I don't want to get them up just to have them dashed all over again.

ChainsOfDusk

Smash Cadet
http://i.imgur.com/LIKmROt.png

Apparently the moniter used to display the images is a Brazilian brand, so the leaker is from Brazil (likely).

(Again, don't get your hopes too up yet, still trying to verify this new info atm).

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
After seeing the gameplay footage, it's becoming harder to believe anything was shopped. You could maybe argue the CSS at best, with a hand full of straws, but these would be extraordinary lengths to go to for a troll job. All that info from Reddit is going to do is make it easier for Nintendo to find and kill prosecute the guy.

ChainsOfDusk

Smash Cadet
Couldn't the leaker just have a Brasilian device and still live in America ?
This could be true. But I'll admit that something like that would be highly unlikely (in my opinion at least).

(Edit: IanTheGamer has a point, the IP address is likely a Brazilian location (Based on the Youtube Account that placed the videos up today!) )

Last edited:

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Notice how the newcomers are either representing a new series or belong to a series already in smash that had a recent game come out. That should be very telling. Which is why i knew she wouldn't be in this game. Some here always kept trying to brush off the fact that she hasn't been in a game in 8 years. Sure there may have been some game development/ideas tossed around in that time span but that doesn't change the fact that star fox hasn't pumped out any releases. Making her irrelevant to the casual gamer (the majority of the ppl who buy smash). There was no reason to add her. Unique moveset potential? Plenty other characters have that too. Female? There are plenty of other nintendo female characters too. What holds her back is that 1) shes not as important to nintendo nor is the main protagonist of her series 2) shes not relevant which i think is more critical when it comes to secondary characters (obviously not counting the iconic retro characters like Megaman/Little Mac/etc)

One thing shes had going for her is her fan following in the smash community forums. But thats about it really. If all characters made it into the game just cause of popularity, Ridley would have been in Melee ages ago. But hes not in cause Sakurai clearly sees him as a boss. Development time was spent on him on two games already and they chose to make him a boss in each. I don't ever expect to see him in smash (as a playable character)

It's like a really am pissed at this dude for leaking it and also more mad at sakurai for adding dr Mario and shulk cause honestly not having a new star fox character seems weird right.
the whole "star fox gets a newcomer every game" thing wasn't even a tradition. As i've told you before, pokemon gets a newcomer every game too. Doesn't mean theres a unspoken tradition where they add a pokemon newcomer every game. Its a mere coincidence.

Why would Mario get eight reps, don't you think that is un- Sakurai-like
Mario is the most popular and relevant franchise in Nintendo. Nintendo exists because of Mario. So why wouldn't they have 8 reps?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm quite frankly having a blast playing a 10 year game that isn't Melee (Big shock). You'll never believe who I found on my team...

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Mario is the most popular and relevant franchise in Nintendo. Nintendo exists because of Mario. So why wouldn't they have 8 reps?
Mario may be the most popular franchise, but 8 is still too much, and seriously, if you are going to bash Krystal on a Krystal supporters thread, then GTFO, go to GameFAQ's boards or something, NOW!!! ****** shotgun*

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Notice how the newcomers are either representing a new series or belong to a series already in smash that had a recent game come out. That should be very telling. Which is why i knew she wouldn't be in this game. Some here always kept trying to brush off the fact that she hasn't been in a game in 8 years. Sure there may have been some game development/ideas tossed around in that time span but that doesn't change the fact that star fox hasn't pumped out any releases. Making her irrelevant to the casual gamer (the majority of the ppl who buy smash). There was no reason to add her. Unique moveset potential? Plenty other characters have that too. Female? There are plenty of other nintendo female characters too. What holds her back is that 1) shes not as important to nintendo nor is the main protagonist of her series 2) shes not relevant which i think is more critical when it comes to secondary characters (obviously not counting the iconic retro characters like Megaman/Little Mac/etc)

One thing shes had going for her is her fan following in the smash community forums. But thats about it really. If all characters made it into the game just cause of popularity, Ridley would have been in Melee ages ago. But hes not in cause Sakurai clearly sees him as a boss. Development time was spent on him on two games already and they chose to make him a boss in each. I don't ever expect to see him in smash (as a playable character)

the whole "star fox gets a newcomer every game" thing wasn't even a tradition. As i've told you before, pokemon gets a newcomer every game too. Doesn't mean theres a unspoken tradition where they add a pokemon newcomer every game. Its a mere coincidence.

Yeah you know have you played the other smash bros you would know things about star fox characters

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
The leaker said that Duck Hunt Dog and R.O.B. can be moved to the next row. I decided to analyze the characters order in the leaked roster and to find the possible full roster, I've included Krystal, Wolf, and Mewtwo and apparently they're taking up 10 slots in the same row, one more slot than every other rows with usual 9 slots each.

Krystal vs Wolf vs Mewtwo, apparently. I would be okay if Mewtwo never make it, though, so we can get Krystal+Wolf.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Something fishy is going on with the newer leaks...?

I could see a few possible conclusions:

1. Nintendo had a massive break-in of their data and some Brazilian managed to obtain this content (for as absurd as that sounds, I'll say this one is impossible).

2. The leak is fake (actually, please let this happen), and it was all a huge forgery or manipulation of an existing Smash title. This would require the ability of a novice-to-moderately-adept videogame programmer (or even a team of these minds).

3. The ESRB for Nintendo has ties in Brazil that, apparently, no one knows about (very convenient...).

However, there isn't anything telling whether or not Ninka/Vaanrose (we can talk about these now because their leaks are now public) have any involvement in this--the new set of leaks agree heavily with their "playtester" leaks. What if Ninka/Vaanrose has been forging this for the last ~month? After all, their leaks first appeared about a month ago. It could explain the time-frame needed to forge all of this.

I honestly have no idea what's going on, though. I won't say anything for sure either way until we know it from the horse's mouth (or when the game releases in Japan).

Also, the leaks are in English, yet the Japanese version is coming out first...? Hmm...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mario may be the most popular franchise, but 8 is still too much, and seriously, if you are going to bash Krystal on a Krystal supporters thread, then GTFO, go to GameFAQ's boards or something, NOW!!! ****** shotgun*
Dude, don't get angry over someone's opinion on Krystal. I'm gonna remind you of this again

Look guys (Not you Afro), we need to stop being hostile when someone makes an opinion about her not being likely. Its reasons like that why many consider the fanbase to be the bane of existence. Take these words from a Krystal supporter

I may not agree with the views but I don't go out of my way & insult the users that don't follow what I think, thats just low & in the end, makes you look bad & damages the reputation of the fanbase.

We're already on thin ice with Smashboards, don't make it worse.
Just because you feel like Mario is crowded, it doesn't mean that the game will be suited to your taste.

Yeah you know have you played the other smash bros you would know things about star fox characters
Whats the meaning of this?

Last edited by a moderator:

ChainsOfDusk

Smash Cadet
Something fishy is going on with the newer leaks...?

Also, the leaks are in English, yet the Japanese version is coming out first...? Hmm...
That alone raised suspicion for me when I first saw these leaks. Why is everything already English when we won't see it for another few months? (That, and a lot of the trophy pic's are considered indecent to an extent, and the English is broken on some).

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
I didn't bash Krystal. I merely pointed out why she isn't in Smash (like i always have before)

There are logical fans who get this, while there are fans like you who don't.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Good news perhaps, apparently the leaker screwed up and was confimred to be from Brazil (which, mind you, as far as I know has no ties to ESRB or Nintendo). Currently a hot topic on SSB4 reddit, but I'm still looking over it.

(Edit: A quote from the reddit below)

The link links to a GameFAQs post with a link in it linking to an image.

This image has been enhanced to highlight the word on display device. Googling this display device shows that it's a Brazillian brand. The Youtuber's account is also Brazillian. Nintendo has no reps in Brazil and I'm sure they have a list of all the people they've sent copies too pre-release.
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Well, not all the people at the ESRB would know how to read Japanese and I honestly doubt Ninka and Vaanrose would spew BS just to get a kick out of everyone's reaction.

And don't go all aggro on DarkKry, what he says has some truth to it. Let's all be reasonable, it's not like leakers decided who made it and who didn't.

ChainsOfDusk

Smash Cadet
I didn't bash Krystal. I merely pointed out why she isn't in Smash (like i always have before)

No, you made a passive/aggressive statement (which is convenient to hide behind). You know full well (based on the history of this thread dealing with your comments) that such comments like that wouldn't be taken well, and especially during a time like this.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion

Maybe I am too hot headed, though please understand (channeling my inner Iwata), that this is a Krystal supporters thread, and that maybe remarks like yours about why Krystal isn't in Smash, are in a bad place

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
I don't even know. Those pictures and videos seem perfectly legit.

I do agree that the trophy is certainly ambiguous, but it still shut Krystal down. The only way I can even get a small glimpse of hope, is if Fox and Falco's trophy numbers are right before hers. That would lead to some pretty heavy speculation, but for right now, I think we should just save ourselves the pain and move on.

@Tillie-152 Where can I download that game?

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I don't even know. Those pictures and videos seem perfectly legit.

I do agree that the trophy is certainly ambiguous, but it still shut Krystal down. The only way I can even get a small glimpse of hope, is if Fox and Falco's trophy numbers are right before hers. That would lead to some pretty heavy speculation, but for right now, I think we should just save ourselves the pain and move on.

Though they are fro! Brazil, and wouldn't the leaked screenshots, be in Japanese?

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
No, you made a passive/aggressive statement (which is convenient to hide behind). You know full well (based on the history of this thread dealing with your comments) that such comments like that wouldn't be taken well, and especially during a time like this.
of course they wouldn't be taken well by someone who takes the game too seriously. But if you don't, then why should you even be bothered by someone saying "i don't think shes gonna be in" and precede to list reasons why they think that way?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Its Unreal Tournament 2004, its filled with glorious mods (Includin part of the SSB cast): http://store.steampowered.com/app/13230/

Its not free though...sorry to say, but if you do happen to consider it, you won't regret it! You want AI players that actually feel like real people playing the game & not brain dead opponents? Go for it!

Last edited by a moderator:

ChainsOfDusk

Smash Cadet
of course they wouldn't be taken well by someone who takes the game too seriously. But if you don't, then why should you even be bothered by someone saying "i don't shes gonna be in" and precede to list reasons why they think that way?
I'm bothered because you chose to mention "unlikelihood of her making it in" at the worst time. You did it to get a rise, pure and simple (technically attacking, but the passive/aggressive statement is such a good cover).

I'm not upset that her likelihood is low (I knew this from the get go, despite high hopes thanks to Brawl), but I am upset whenever I see someone who feigns innocence while harassing others (even if unintentional, you brought this type of conversion up at THE worst time, why?).

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
UNLESS.

Bare with me here, but we may not be looking at a total disconfirmation. First off, the fact that Wario's trophy is shown off on that list with Krystal's proves that a fighter's was shown. This means that we could actually be looking at one for her. And if you say that her description doesn't mention her as a fighter, it never mentioned most of the fighters in Brawl and Melee.

There's also a chance that she's an assist from the same showing.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
I'm bothered because you chose to mention "unlikelihood of her making it in" at the worst time. You did it to get a rise, pure and simple (technically attacking, but the passive/aggressive statement is such a good cover).

I'm not upset that her likelihood is low (I knew this from the get go, despite high hopes thanks to Brawl), but I am upset whenever I see someone who feigns innocence while harassing others (even if unintentional, you brought this type of conversion up at THE worst time, why?).
uuuuuh I'm not innocent nor do i play the victim. I just say what i think.

Aurora Sparkle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aurora-Sparkle
I dunno... It looks like so far from what I'm seeing- the general consensus is that the whole revelation of the leaker being Brazillian is that he is now in trouble, not that the leaks are fake or that it is blow to the credibility of them.

I've seen on NeoGaf and Gamefaqs infact that Nintendo has already found out who he is and is taking legal action (though I can't say for certain if that information is true.)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=127040606&postcount=16458
According to NeoGaf as well, the leaker worked for NoA- which I guess is how he got his hands on the video. It's also speculated that he originally only shared it to his friends, which then one of them betrayed his trust and leaked what we have been seeing recently. So the Brazillian leaker is probably just one of the friends that let loose the stuff he got from the original leaker.

All in all- I still think the leak is real, and so Krystal has officially missed the boat. Sorry guys.
Maybe Project M will be nice enough to take pity on us and mod her in one day... :(

Last edited:

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
STOP SHUNNING DARKKRYA.

Are you kidding me right now guys? Do you not understand that this thread is solely dedicated to the expression of one's opinion? If someone wants to come in here and discuss their opinion on a character and you don't like it, you have absolutely no right to exclude them.

You are acting like babies because Krystal got the almost definite axe. Yes, it sucks, and yes, it's incredibly bittersweet, but letting your anger out on a person who did nothing wrong is the exact kind of s*** that gets fans of Krystal bad raps.

I advise you to cool down before you post here again.

Aurora Sparkle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aurora-Sparkle
On another note- I can't access Smashboards from my Wii U internet browser- every time I do I get a "Website is offline" or a Bad gateway" error, but it was working fine just a few hours ago- and it works fine when I access it from my PC.

Haha I think that Nintendo may be blocking Smashboards on their peripherals- possibly because all the leaked content is up here- so that might be another point to think about when considering the legitimacy of the leaks.

ChainsOfDusk

Smash Cadet
uuuuuh I'm not innocent nor do i play the victim. I just say what i think.
Then under these circumstances you're simply inconsiderate of others. Please be careful what you bring up depending on the circumstances.

On another note @ Aurora Sparkle
Well damn, at least legal action is taken against the guy (But honestly to some extent I thank him, so far I find the roster uninteresting and will likely not buy until i can view the speculated "remaining hidden" characters. Saves me some cash from buying the game then being let down and angry). Lets just hope if there are remaining hidden characters, that they are redeeming of the current leaked roster because honestly it's boring as is.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
STOP SHUNNING DARKKRYA.

Are you kidding me right now guys? Do you not understand that this thread is solely dedicated to the expression of one's opinion? If someone wants to come in here and discuss their opinion on a character and you don't like it, you have absolutely no right to exclude them.

You are acting like babies because Krystal got the almost definite axe. Yes, it sucks, and yes, it's incredibly bittersweet, but letting your anger out on a person who did nothing wrong is the exact kind of s*** that gets fans of Krystal bad raps.

I advise you to cool down before you post here again.
Bro, you should be a Moderator. I am not kidding.

Top Bottom