• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Predictions for Tier List v4 (Includes overview of entire cast)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I DID NOT!

MY WORD IS LAW YOUNG ONE! DO NOT BE SO NAIVE NEXT TIME, OR I SHALL LET YOUR SOUL DWELL IN AN EVERLASTING BRAWL MATCH WHERE YOU ARE FORCED TO CATCH ME FOR ALL ETERNITY!!!

My word is law. If you accept that, we can have a good day, and move on.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
MY WORD IS LAW YOUNG ONE! DO NOT BE SO NAIVE NEXT TIME, OR I SHALL LET YOUR SOUL DWELL IN AN EVERLASTING BRAWL MATCH WHERE YOU ARE FORCED TO CATCH ME FOR ALL ETERNITY!!!
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Sounds fun to me. :suess:

So, forced to catch you while playing a Brawl match? That doesn't sound too hard... *drops controller, grabs DMG's arm*

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm immortal, my word is law meaning I can shape reality to favor me in any way/shape/form, so basically you're f***** from the get go sir.

You could have... you could have listened.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
You could have... you could have listened.
But... We're reading text. :freak:

That's two redundant statements so far, DMG. Dohoho~

[on_topic_to_avoid_an_infraction]The point that started all of this Sheik talk was that someone suggested she be in A tier. I say a big, rotund NAY to that.[/copy_paste_the_first_bracket]

Browny

Smash Hater
the claims of sheik being high tier are utterly ridiculous imo.

I used to have a strong bias against ZSS mains claiming she is top 10 but when the long drawn out arguments come out, its quite hard to find flaws in them, the only way to counter any assumptions is with assumptions of my own so its hard to disprove sometimes. but when it comes to sheik being high tier, I've seen nothing that proves it. all you typically see is one paragraph stating 'she goes 50:50 with [top tier characters 1-3], 45:55 with [top tier characters 4-6] and even to advantaged vs everyone else except IC's. Such arguments are worth nothing. Ill be extremely dissapointed in the SBR if 4.0 comes out and there is a massive unjustified leap for sheik into top of B tier etc like the sheik mains claim. Of course if they can justify it, thats fine. but theyve never justified a position on the brawl tier lists so far; I'm not expecting either case to eventuate...

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Just to point out also, most ZSs think that 10th is probably the highest that ZS should reasonably go at this point. Everyone above her, it's pretty tough to argue that she's better than any of them, but I feel she's definitely better than Kirby, ROB, and GaW which would move her up to around 10th or 11th.

Any higher than that would be biased imo. It's pretty up for grabs who's better between Lucario and ZS, I feel they're very close to each other. But I don't think she can legitimately claim to be better than Pika or Oli.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Falco will be top3 when snake drops a few spots after another year or so.
If you're so sure Snake will drop in the future, why not make him drop now? If it HAS been clear that other characters are better than him, why is he still at #2? What can happen between here and 2011 that hasn't happened between 2009 and 2010?

Plus, haven't you ever wondeed why in every variation of the tierlist (japanese, USA, chile, mexican, puertorrican, austrailian even) Snake is #2? It's not because we don't know how to fight him, it's because we know how to fight him, and he is still too good.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
In only recent has snake been seeming less and less impressive, and I am sure I am not the only one who thinks this. Snake as a character needs to be fought very differently than any character, so adapting to his playstyle has been a slow process. Nothing has really happened to warrant snake to move down at all in an upcoming update, but in 2011 I am calling movement down, up to 3 spots. No argument needed, it's just my prediction =D.

EDIT: and me posting these types of things starts good discussion about relevant characters rather than discussing sheik >_____>.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Diddy's such a gay character to fight lolz, especially when they know how to play your character.
You're like never going to get a kill when you want to pretty much, only when he slips up (lolpun)

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Might wanna make that unanimous amongst the board then. I've heard different on multiple occasions.
Last time I checked MK boards had it at 6-4
Snake boards had it at 6-4
Wario boards had it at 55-45
Diddy boards had it at 55-45

Your point?

Sheik has a lock on Diddy Kong with a single banana. I can see her being even with the monkey. MK and Snake.... yeah I'm not willing to buy that.
You should stop posting.

Shiek loses to MK
and Snake
Almost even with Diddy and Wario
Loses to Marth
Falco is debatable, I'd call it even possibly.
I agree with this statement.

Sheik almost even with Diddy? Can't see how this is the case. Somebody explain?

:059:
Refer to DMG's post which is what I was going to say for the most part.

Best dash to shield in game helps with bananas
Out speeds Diddy frame wise
Has almost a comparable OOS game
Can kill Diddy at ******** %'s given the right fresh Usmash
Can edge guard him way too well
She has needles so the strategy of camping Diddy back actually is viable
She can crawl to screw up his aerials

It's not that bad really. Shiek is scary with a banana in her hand, and still scary without one.
Yep.

You're back! Saviors made me think you died. T.T But you're okay! *hugs fellow sheik main* ^.^

Single banana lock is stupid.

She kills him out of grab mad early. Jab leads into grab. So at 80 percent a jab means death. lol. She's probably one of the few ppl that can punish MK consistently (she can punish anything). She has the speed to keep up with him both in the sense of attack speed and mobility. And chain is too good? (Now I feel like I'm theorycrafting....) Anyway its close to even 40:60 MK at worst.

I agree with Wario, but I thought it was only my opinion that Sheik does well against diddy.
Marth is definately even.
Falco's around even.

Sheik is just a solid character and thus has lots of even match ups just like Marth.
For those who were talking about the MK matchup......if you can't objectively look atboth characters traits and abilities and realize that the matchup is a slight advantage for MK.....then I don't know what to tell you.

He ftilts well, Sheik has the fastest second jump in the game with good range on her uair for air-camping, she has a guaranteed KO at 90% out of a grab, needles have transcendent priority, she has a faster overall movest than MK, chain is extremely hard for MK to work around......things that keep this in MK's favor are him ****** Sheik offstage, his range, and his KO power.

Marth is a 45-55 matchup imo.

She does not go even with Marth lol. If by even you mean 55:45 his favor, then that would be a conservative rating.
I thought Marth beat Sheik because Fair approaches **** her? I may be mistaken but I remember it being one matchup Sheik nor Zelda could handle well when I tried to dual main.
Fair approaches ****** her? Lol no she's fast enough to punish Marth with a dash attack with a powershield....she also has needles and chain which would both beat out fair approaches.

Yes.

Sheik really shouldn't be beating ANY top tiers on a regular basis anyway. I still vote to have Zelda/Sheik together in the tier list and not seperate because it's
stupid, forgive me.
Zelda/Sheik should not be counted as one character.

Dash attack, needles, grab, and gimping are too good.

Why shouldn't she be beating any top tiers again?
What? lol.

It's all about knowing the matchup.

Do we have top players who use Sheik? I don't keep track in these type of things since I do not believe in Sheik as a separate character from Zelda. Enlighten me cause I do not even have competitive Sheik vs top tier matches (most modern) in mind. I'd say she has a chance against Falco and Diddy but both characters have more quantity and quality in terms of representation.
Yea of course they do.....they're better characters than SHeik....this isn't to say she doesn't fare well in these individual matchups though.

I feel like only Light and Ankoku can really comment from experience. Light is probably the only one that plays top tiers (aside from MK =/) at a "high" level. Falco isn't bad because she can tilt lock him to death (or near death?), crawl under his laser, and use needles. I feel diddy is close based on my own experience and ADHD vs Neo (keeping in mind Neo SD'ed and doesn't employ all "high" level sheik tactics).

That's why I said in the right situation. That wouldn't be the right situation. XD

She doesn't counter anyone (but ganon and fox lol), but I feel she's consistent with most of her matchups being good at the bottom of the tier list and move in closer to even as she gets towards the top.
She tilt locks Falco to about 90...he doesn't lock nearly as well as Wolf or Fox.

what proof exists that sheik goes close to even with high and top tiers

matchup numbers from an incredibly one-sided thread are not worth anything
These matchup numbers come from both sides. GTFO of here lmao.

Are you guys really saying "DMG's word is law", or are you just
agreeing that your views are the same as his? Cuz I keep seeing the former around in posts lately. :dizzy:
Considering that he MAINS Wario and gets to play one of the top SHEIK players....I would sa he is fairly knowledgeable about what Sheik is capable of.

EDIT: and me posting these types of things starts good discussion about relevant characters rather than discussing sheik >_____>.
Oh this guy made a funny. Bwahahahahahahahahah

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Last time I checked MK boards had it at 6-4
Snake boards had it at 6-4
Wario boards had it at 55-45
Diddy boards had it at 55-45

Your point?
I thought I was pretty clear. I think she needs to rise and everything, but when people start to say things like "Needles are one of the best projectiles in the game!" or "Sheik could be even vs MK/Snake" despite what other boards have it as, it shows blatant character bias.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
DjBrowny made a very necessary post.

@ Matador- I thought I made it very clear that I said those were small disadvantages......and you still felt the need to throw in your 2 cents.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
@ Matador- I thought I made it very clear that I said those were small disadvantages......and you still felt the need to throw in your 2 cents.
Indeed I...did? I'm sorry, are you somehow offended? Am I magically not allowed to voice my opinion on something I find issue with?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Way to get the knife into my comment bent on hilarity, Mars. I wasn't even talking about Sheik or Wario, nor implying anything. I was pointing out the many "DMG HAS SPOKEN, FOLLOW HIM AND DEFEND HIS POINTS AND WE SHALL BE BETTER (which are obviously jokes, so I answered with one of mine)" that are stated over and over again.

*facepalm. Why do some people refuse on having fun at times, and just view everything as a serious debate that they must win? >_>

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Indeed I...did? I'm sorry, are you somehow offended? Am I magically not allowed to voice my opinion on something I find issue with?
No not at all.....you just told me that I "might want to check with other boards" about my matchup ratios.......and they pretty much check with what those characters' boards think.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
being a troll/sarcastic in a big thread like this or the tier list thread can be very fun at some times

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
But following me does make you better.

Also I just talked to Light on the phone while he drove to Houston for HOBO (he got a late start lol). He said he thinks Falco beats Shiek. 6/4 or 55:45 overall, leaning towards 6/4.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
No not at all.....you just told me that I "might want to check with other boards" about my matchup ratios.......and they pretty much check with what those characters' boards think.
When I said:
Might wanna make that unanimous amongst the board then. I've heard different on multiple occasions.
I didn't mean you personally. I'm just saying, when we go down the road of comparing characters on the tier list, unless the match-ups are crazy close to even, everyone should sort of agree on who wins or loses.

It's why EVERYONE agrees on who's bottom tier, even in different countries. At least, in my opinion.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
WHAT? WHAT!?!?!?!? SAYING THAT IS ALMOST WORSE THAN SAYING SNAKE IS BETTER THAN MK!!! ARE YOU ****ING ********? HOW DUMB DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO COME TO A CONCLUSION LIKE THAT? IS THIS AMOUNT OF SHEER FAILURE MEASURABLE ON AN IQ TEST? DID YOUR MOTHER SPOON FEED YOU STUPIDITY FOR BREAKFAST EVERYDAY UNTIL YOUR BRAIN MORPHED SHRANK INTO A WRINKLY, SMALL, WORTHLESS RAISIN FILLED WITH NOTHING? HAS COMMON SENSE EVAPORATED FROM YOU?

On a serious note:

I think that opinion is weird. Just looking at their matchups, MK pulls ahead a bit more than Snake. Most top pros also believe that MK is the best character and will continue to be so for quite sometime, if not for the remainder of Brawl's lifespan. Results also don't justify having them tied even if you throw out doubles results and results from less than reputable/optimal/very small tournaments.

clowsui

Smash Legend
sheik loses to marth

she gets absolutely destroyed by marth's ledge traps + juggle traps and has no reliable way of getting in to her effective range other than shielding. camping marth with sheik is impossible given his ridiculous horizontal aerial mobility and the fact that the chain is beaten by rolling. if sheik had a better shield it might be closer

i've played this matchup a LOT...if you play it between a sheik and a marth who even know the basic end of advanced theoretical applications of sheik and marth metagame it's clear who wins

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I believe the matchup is just a little less one-sided than you're making it out to be, but Marth definitely still has an advantage.

clowsui

Smash Legend
it's not a HUGE advantage for marth but if it's a ratio it's 6:4
sheik still has the speed and the tools to keep up with marth but she has to work harder than him in order to win the matchup and also has way less tools to fight him than he does against her

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I disagree - Marth has a clearly stronger neutral game, but his juggle game doesn't quite guarantee an end for Sheik, and I believe he has fewer outs in escaping Sheik's juggle game. Also, he actually has a lesser margin of error in this matchup. Marth really has to emphasize his advantages if he actually wants to win it.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Marth: Gay Upb that stuffs anything Shiek tries to chain that is not a true combo. Don't jab him.

Shiek: Gay spacing/true combos that are gay. Do not let her PS you too much.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
If a Marth player is going to up-b you on reaction to a jab you should just be smart enough to adjust and simply shield.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Expanding on that, we should also mention Dedede, G&W, Pikachu, Olimar, ROB, and Kirby.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Fair approaches ****** her? Lol no she's fast enough to punish Marth with a dash attack with a powershield....she also has needles and chain which would both beat out fair approaches.
Except doing any of the above to a frame 4 move that's extremely versatile is highly impractical. If you beat out fair, Marth was predictable.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Predictable, eh? Everyone knows when Marth is going to Fair. Let's see, Marth short hopped in front of me, I wonder what he's going to do?

given his ridiculous horizontal aerial mobility.
Why do people keep saying this? Marth is 12th fastest in the air. There's nothing ridiculous about that.

Top Bottom