• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
if you think about it, leaving dr. mario as he is would be technically de-cloning him, right? though, if he is the same, like only two of his moves would be different anyways.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Well...there is an embargo, so who knows what was shown, if anything significant at all? Everyone's been super-tight lipped about it

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
At this point I don't care what the final roster is...

...only if Mewtwo is in it.

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
I was referring to this guy from 4chan who says he was one of the guys at the round table.
I would love this to be true, but I'm not gonna count on it. I feel like the types of people who go to those roundtables wouldn't spill the beans. But, if they did then awesome!

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
I would love this to be true, but I'm not gonna count on it. I feel like the types of people who go to those roundtables wouldn't spill the beans. But, if they did then awesome!
People at roundtables leaked that Pac-Man was gonna be a thing :3

However, I don't want to believe that DLC is going to be a thing.

On top of that, I'd rather believe that if Mewtwo is going to be a thing, then he's going to be a pretty much surefire character, not something that has to beat time constraints.

Either way, I do want him in the game as a playable character by any means.

I don't know Japanese, but I'm assuming it says over 40 playable, since I've heard a lot of people say that the trailers say that
I can't really read kanji, so I can't read the entire thing, but I'm leaning towards this, as well.

I pretty much see 40 wo [kanji]eru faitaa or (I'm assuming) 40 (kanji: likely playable? or a synonym to it?) fighters.

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
That round-table leak sounds believable enough, but... well I won't hold my breath.

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Liam5d26
guys i dont think mewtwo is going to get in, since there is already 4 confirmed pokemon + jiggs (not confirmed)

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
guys i dont think mewtwo is going to get in, since there is already 4 confirmed pokemon + jiggs (not confirmed)
Brawl had 6 reps when you split Trainer + Lucario/Jiggs/Pikachu

Mewtwo not in the final japan build? Not even finished yet? What is this madness?

I'm a bit against DLC for this game, but if they're actually working on him, get close, and don't finish him in time, I'm pretty sure that adding him would be the most worthy DLC of this game, as

-A: It appeals that much more to fans hoping for him
-B: It keeps their effort from being a waste.

Last edited:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
And how does this thought justify your conclusion?

Edit: if they really are making Mewtwo, why would they wait so long to start programming? Would he really be such an afterthought?

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I wouldn't expect anything yet.

Remember that an embargo is VERY LIKELY in place. Trying to leak info is unnecessary, especially with 2 weeks left till JP launch.

They might address some info soon, that's my guess.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
And how does this thought justify your conclusion?

Edit: if they really are making Mewtwo, why would they wait so long to start programming? Would he really be such an afterthought?
I personally think Mewtwo would be the final one revealed rather than final one worked on.

Since this single character has such an impact on the fanbase on whether or not it gets in, I wouldn't hold it past Sakurai himself to hold it under an extremely high amount of secrecy.

Also, if unjustified conclusions are going to be a thing in this thread, now, I think I have one that no one will shake me from :3

MEWTWO WILL BE PLAYABLE IN SM4SH
#ALL4MEWTWO

Last edited:

Greave

Smash Apprentice
NNID
P-Duck
I don't know Japanese, but I'm assuming it says over 40 playable, since I've heard a lot of people say that the trailers say that
"Over 40 fighters"

So yeah.

Edit: for those wondering, the kanji pretty much means "more than"

Last edited:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I personally think Mewtwo would be the final one revealed rather than final one worked on.

Since this single character has such an impact on the fanbase on whether or not it gets in, I wouldn't hold it past Sakurai himself to hold it under an extremely high amount of secrecy.

Also, if unjustified conclusions are going to be a thing in this thread, now, I think I have one that no one will shake me from :3

MEWTWO WILL BE PLAYABLE IN SM4SH
#ALL4MEWTWO
Honestly, if it weren't for Miyamoto's recent interview, I'd say you guys were severely overestimating how much your opinions matter to the smash team.

pickle962

Smash Lord
"Over 40 fighters"

So yeah.
As if there were any doubt 4 would have huge roster. Early on I believe, many people misquoted/misunderstood something Sakurai had said in an interview with I believe Famitsu regarding 4's development about characters.

What people had believed Sakurai had said: "4 won't have as many characters as Brawl so more focus can be spent on balancing the roster"

What Sakurai actually: "If all I did was add characters, it wouldn't make the game any better."

Note: I paraphrased the above two sentences, so feel free to correct me if needed, but that's basically the gist of said interview.

Last edited:

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
im guessing it means something along the lines of "40 fighters at the start" but idk, is the word hajime in there? that means begining. i know this because dangan ronpa

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
Ugh this thread has turned into people just posting the same Images that have been posted a ton of times :/

I seriously doubt we are going to get another part of this leak

Thomas Was Everywhere

Smash Cadet
NNID
sonicrox2009
Ugh this thread has turned into people just posting the same Images that have been posted a ton of times :/

I seriously doubt we are going to get another part of this leak
We're trying. We really are. At the very least we could continue mocking how fake future leaks are.

Last edited:

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Honestly, if it weren't for Miyamoto's recent interview, I'd say you guys were severely overestimating how much your opinions matter to the smash team.
Didn't even see the interview, so I'm actually just overestimating at this point :p

In all honesty, I've made some more logic-based arguments for Mewtwo in the past, and at this point, I just want Mewtwo in the game, beyond whatever logic there may be to support or denounce it or my extreme want of it.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Didn't even see the interview, so I'm actually just overestimating at this point :p

In all honesty, I've made some more logic-based arguments for Mewtwo in the past, and at this point, I just want Mewtwo in the game, beyond whatever logic there may be to support or denounce it or my extreme want of it.
There's no real reason as to why Mewtwo wouldn't be in this game. I mean we got a spiritual successor to Roy, a young version of Link, Dr. Mario, and an evolved Pichu. All that's left is Mewtwo.

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
Could be possible that the last batch of newcomers are actually locked until each major region gets this game. I can see those last 5 spaces and all star mode being unlocked via a free DLC code that will be available for download around the American release. Gives everyone some extra characters to look forward too. I just hope that if this is the case that all the files are already on cart and the DLC is free. I am all for paid DLC but those 5 empty spaces are cringe worthy and I can't help but believe that Sakurai held some characters back so everyone will still have some surprises when the game launches worldwide. Would make sense seeing as how the leaker had a finished test copy apparently and never unlocked the remaining characters.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
There's no real reason as to why Mewtwo wouldn't be in this game. I mean we got a spiritual successor to Roy, a young version of Link, Dr. Mario, and an evolved Pichu. All that's left is Mewtwo.
One could argue that Lucario or Greninja are the spiritual successors.
...they'd be wrong....but I still felt the need to say it on behalf of the silly detractors. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom