• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
i personally dont care if mewtwo OR ridley get in, all things aside. all things together, i want them in. mostly so a whole lot of people can be happy! i just want lucas, why are you ****ing cutting lucas, its MOTHERS 25th anniversary that is a huge **** move.

sandslash

Smash Apprentice
damn i wish i would have known i live so close i could drove 25 mins and been there.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So is the roundtable just a recap of every Smash game?
If you mean the PAX thing, I think it's meant to be a closed event to show off the final build to the media.

I'm not sure what the stuff with D1, Hungrybox, Samox and Alphazealot is meant to be other than talking about the series.

Last edited:

Thomas Was Everywhere

Smash Cadet
NNID
sonicrox2009
If you mean the PAX thing, I think it's meant to be a closed event to show off the final build to the media.

I'm not sure what the stuff with D1, Hungrybox, Samox and Alphazealot is meant to be other than talking about the series.
That was the one before this one. I just sincerely hope it isn't a recap. And thank you, Chihiro.

sandslash

Smash Apprentice
You wouldn't go for the rest of PAX?
I don't know much about the event to be honest. I just looked at their schedule online for tomorrow and monday. Im really only interested in smash. I couldnt find anything for the next two days. Also do you know if i do go can i play the game at any time even if its not on the schedule?

KingBroly

Smash Lord
It's just the leaked roster that's in the OP. Very unoriginal.

Supposedly the embargo on the PAX thing for Journalists yesterday is VERY. Strict.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
I'm calling fake on that. Simply because the roster screen looks very unorganized with yoshi somehow splitting the mario reps apart which has never occurred ever in any final roster of smash. Plus the bit with snake and copyright issues when Kojima already said he would like to see snake return.

pickle962

Smash Lord
By now, all the leaks on 4chan that have been circulating the last few days are just piggybacking off of the Mother****ing Leaker leak, so no, this new one about the OP supposedly being part of that closed session with the strict embargo is unlikely as Nintendo don't play around with leakers...

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I now want a Hanafada Card as a playable character.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX

That text leaker said that there'd be 49 total characters. Okay. Let's do some math and speculating.

Assuming that the true big leak has some characters still hidden, and assuming that its complete form will be a full, rectangular grid, this means that there will be 5 more characters to complete the final 2 rows, making this a 9x6 grid.

9x6 is 54. Minus the Random option: 53 characters.

I'd much rather believe the image that had Mewtwo, Ridley and the Chorus Men in it, as it at least was a completed grid.

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I'm calling fake on that. Simply because the roster screen looks very unorganized with yoshi somehow splitting the mario reps apart which has never occurred ever in any final roster of smash. Plus the bit with snake and copyright issues when Kojima already said he would like to see snake return.
The 'leaker' already addressed the issue with Snake in the thread.

"Kojima doesn't really have the executive power to get Snake into the game. It has to be a long term investment in the long run to put someone like Snake into the game. Nintendo has to obtain rights issues to use Snake and they have to pay good money for them. They went with the three we got in Smash 4 instead of the three + Snake. well, that's how I would guess it works. That's what they said afterall but this makes sense to me." - the leaker

I don't believe this leak for a second though because there's no Bowser jr on the list, at least, I don't see him.
Edit: I'm also calling bull**** on the Snake part because, from what I know, it was all Kojima who got him into brawl.

Last edited:

Jackalmore

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jackal96
All those "leak" threads on 4chan are just trolling at this point. Don't believe in them.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
So...according to this "leak"

#1 - Ridley wasn't even considered for a roster spot or brought up
#2 - No one even bothered to ask why #1 wasn't

I'm calling bull****.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The 'leaker' already addressed the issue with Snake in the thread.

"Kojima doesn't really have the executive power to get Snake into the game. It has to be a long term investment in the long run to put someone like Snake into the game. Nintendo has to obtain rights issues to use Snake and they have to pay good money for them. They went with the three we got in Smash 4 instead of the three + Snake. well, that's how I would guess it works. That's what they said afterall but this makes sense to me." - the leaker

I don't believe this leak for a second though because there's no Bowser jr on the list, at least, I don't see him.
Edit: I'm also calling bull**** on the Snake part because, from what I know, it was all Kojima who got him into brawl.
If this is the 4Chan leak, Bowser Jr. is right under Rosalina

I'm calling bull****.
I questioned the same thing in the social thread. It seems suspicious to mention what people asked, but yet apparently no one asked about Ridley

Last edited:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord

I'm calling bull****.
GameXplain were there so we know there were at least a couple people who would have asked.

Seriously, Dr. Mario over mewtwo...

He's on there.

The Metagame.
If I have to blame you guys for Mewtwo being cut...

Last edited:

InsaneHippo

Smash Cadet
GameXplain were there so we know there were at least a couple people who would have asked.

Seriously, Dr. Mario over mewtwo...

If I have to blame you guys for Mewtwo being cut...
You guys seem to think Dr. Mario "replaced" Mewtwo or something (assuming he isn't in the game, which is still possible). Dr. Mario is likely the same situation as Lucina - added after the roster was finalized as an additional character instead of being an alt, not a replacement for anyone else.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You guys seem to think Dr. Mario "replaced" Mewtwo or something (assuming he isn't in the game, which is still possible). Dr. Mario is likely the same situation as Lucina - added after the roster was finalized as an additional character instead of being an alt, not a replacement for anyone else.
Dr. Mario in because he's easy to make doesn't bother me. In fact it's really understandable. It's highly unlikely he would be taking anyone's spot.

Dr. Mario in over Mewtwo for Melee nostalgia is BS though.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Yes, but according to this guy he was still included for melee nostalgia. And yet they also say Mewtwo, the most demanded veteran from melee, was cut.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
OF course GameXplain would ask about Ridley. I'm probably the first person who tweeted Andre about Ridley being playable when you looked at Pyrosphere itself. Not to mention Ridley's been brought up in a few of their discussions. The idea that Ridley got blueballed by both Nintendo and the media, who are paying attention to fan reactions and whatnot is baffling to me.

Also, if Sakurai wanted to pull on Melee nostalgia, he would've put Roy in for FIVE Fire Emblem characters or Pichu because he sucks.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Quoting the leaker
"You guys are trolled easily."
"I was lying you ****ing ******."

InsaneHippo

Smash Cadet
Yes, but according to this guy he was still included for melee nostalgia. And yet they also say Mewtwo, the most demanded veteran from melee, was cut.
Ah, didn't see that part. Yeah, that would be odd to have the Doc over Mewtwo for nostalgia's sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom