• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

InsaneHippo

Smash Cadet

Apparently Wario isn't a starter anymore, as this is supposedly the starting roster that people found on the japanese eshop profile for the 3ds version.

Which makes me skeptical as to whether Ice Climbers, lucas and wolf are unlockables as well that simply weren't unlocked yet. I mean it seems weird to me that Ice Climbers who was a starter in both brawl AND melee get cut while the ROB and GnW both return. Sakurai also has said he wants to bring back retro characters so to see him cut one is odd. As for lucas i think many felt it odd that he was a starter in brawl over ness and wolf was one of the last characters you could unlock in brawl and i'm guessing he is like that in smash 4 just like how falco will be unlocked through 100 man multi-man smash again most likely.

I'm staying hopeful that the brawl cast will stay for the most part outside Squirtle Ivysaur and Snake.
idk if I got ninja'd, but idc

This being the starter roster is a rumo; it is simply all the characters revealed as of right now, minus Lucina. This would be terrible as a starting roster imo - I just do not see Luigi, Rosalina, Toon Link, Palutena, Marth, Robin, Lucario, WFT, Shulk, or Pac-Man as starters, they all seem like unlockables. The same could be said for ZSS, Greninja, Falcon, Megaman, and Sonic, but those five I could potentially see as starters.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
One could argue that Lucario or Greninja are the spiritual successors.
...they'd be wrong....but I still felt the need to say it on behalf of the silly detractors. :p
Well of course they'd wrong. Lucina actually plays like Roy in the sense that she deals more damage around the blade similarly to Roy's deal damage in the base of the blade, and she's a Marth clone but still a completely different character.

Lucario has two similar moves and Greninja doesn't have one (unless you wanna count the fact that his standard special is a charge but then we get into a whole 'nother story)

Last edited:

Farrac

Smash Apprentice
idk if I got ninja'd, but idc

This being the starter roster is a rumo; it is simply all the characters revealed as of right now, minus Lucina. This would be terrible as a starting roster imo - I just do not see Luigi, Rosalina, Toon Link, Palutena, Marth, Robin, Lucario, WFT, Shulk, or Pac-Man as starters, they all seem like unlockables. The same could be said for ZSS, Greninja, Falcon, Megaman, and Sonic, but those five I could potentially see as starters.
Well, to be fair, that point of characters "not seeming like unlockables" is pretty weak. I mean, why would they be unlockables?

Last edited:

InsaneHippo

Smash Cadet
Well, to be fair, that point of characters "not seeming like unlockables" is pretty weak. I mean, why would they be unlockables?
I didn't say unlockables, and this is my opinion, I didn't state it as a fact. I'm not saying the rumor is wrong for having them as starters, I just don't see it happening. I could very well be wrong.

Farrac

Smash Apprentice
I didn't say unlockables, and this is my opinion, I didn't state it as a fact. I'm not saying the rumor is wrong for having them as starters, I just don't see it happening. I could very well be wrong.
Indeed. I personally think it is right, though.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Even though it never states "this is the starting roster" it can be implied because it's on the japanese Eshop page for the game. As it would feel kind of odd for them to show you the character selection screen with all the announced characters minus lucina all for that to not be the starting roster. As that could be interpret as false advertising,

The Puffer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-1171-5786
For me, everything indicates that the locked characters of the leak are IC's, CM, Wolf/Lucas and maybe another newcomer..

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
In 5 minutes. And no, it's not being streamed.

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE!

Here's to hoping Mewtwo is confirmed :D

Even if I have literally no way of seeing/knowing the information, another moment of truth is upon us; something(s)'s likely getting revealed.

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
If we can get info I would check GameXplain's Twitter or just wait on the smash bros YouTube

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
There is no embargo on the roundtable. Recordig is allowed. There are also probably hundreds in there and that's a mountain of paperwork I'm sure no one would want to deal with.

I don't think they're showing anything though.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
I'm pretty excited for a detailed roundtable play by play of a thirty minute smash run demonstration

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
There is an embargo on the roundtable that ends on the 13th. Don't expect a lot of information.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
At this point, I mainly want Mewtwo, or some word of the situation with it.
It's gotten to the point where I'll care about little to nothing about anything else about the game until I have some closure >.<

Also, if there's no embargo and recording is allowed, then I'm guessing there's not going to be much to really hide, sadly D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom