• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
It feels like there will always be people disappointed in the roster regardless of who's in

Regarding Ganondorf, I like that his moveset was the same since I enjoy Ganon the way he is. What maybe they could have done to give Ganondorf a new moveset was to create Toon Ganondorf. He uses two blades and is arguably the best Ganondorf in the series as a character in Wind Waker
You can't please everyone. That's just how things are.

I would have liked Toon Ganon with his dual swords and I'd like it if regular Ganondorf was more magic-based and brutal with or without a sword.

so fabulous
Here's another angle.

Last edited:

HAEJIN

Smash Apprentice
He's a NoA employee but lives in Brazil?

Maybe he just like brazilian monitors.
I think it's better looking at this way: NoA employee using a brazilian monitor. That's stranger

Also note: Neogaf isn't saying he lives in Brazil, they are more saying that the leaker nationality itself is Brazilian.

WeirdyMike

Smash Rookie
NNID
MikeMike42
I think it's more likely than not given who he is that Pittoo is a clone.
It would be kind of strange if he was a clone. Why not just make him an alt like he was in Brawl? Lucina is also a clone, but at least she has a different appearance than Marth. Pittoo, appearance-wise, is literally Pit with different colors. It just seems kind of dumb for him to be a separate character.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
It says more "Ridley is watching you smash" IMO. Anyway, characters CAN hit something while that high. That is how you can see Ridley's death animation flaw in Brawl when you beat him when he is high enough (he just stops moving anyhow after certain number of frames, so, he will just stop moving before going off-screen). Thunder and most likely some of Palutena's attacks will still be able to hit things that high. It did (at least in Pikachu's case) in Brawl.
That was Brawl, this is a new game, we're not sure how it'll work. Anyways, there's also holes in the Pyrosphere so Ridley could have possibly made those by flying through them. He could also be flying there for a single second and the devs just capture that pic.

There's honestly a lot of explanations, whether he's playable or a boss remains to be seem.
Right now I'm leaning towards boss but I would not mind seeing him playable.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Oh for sure. Also I love the mental picture of a NoA accountant browsing leak threads going:
*click*
"Picture of Duck Hunt Dog, $5000 penalty."
*click*
"Picture of Luigi's new FS, $5000 penalty."
*click*
"Oh a leak of Ridley,"
*pauses*
"$10000 penalty."
45 second videos that could all have a picture taken each second of the video? JACKPOT

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
I don't remember where it is being discussed, the entire board is a total mess to read now!
Someone saying that the leaker was a brazilian one! I'm from Brazil, so... I am the leaker? LOL
God I find you're sig extremely disturbing for some reason.

T

Trick or Treat

Umm, have you guys seen Brazilian women? Everything is better in Brazil. It's the place to be.

Also gives a whole lot more meaning to the "ESRBoob(e)" thing :p

Last edited by a moderator:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I'm dissapointed at some of the additions, true. But the main problem is who's not in. I don't mean "omg Ridley has to be in" style arguements. I'm reffering to characters that have been in smash before, and who are loved by many, that are being thrown aside while clones are being added.
And adding CLONES instead of newcommers with new movesets disappoints those who wanted those characters. Especially when fan made movesets are 70% better. Like that Ganondorf PSA sword moveset for Project M. And maybe just Project M.

"Oh a leak of Ridley,"
*pauses*
"$10000 penalty."
...Its...*here it comes* OVER 9000!!!

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
Why everyone is assuming that the NoA leaker lives in Brazil?

If the information we gathered around until now is true, the NoA leaker simply leaked the images and videos to other peoples/groups, that later would leak those informations on internet.

One of those people/group could be a brazilian/a person with a brazilian monitor.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
I think it's better looking at this way: NoA employee using a brazilian monitor. That's stranger

Also note: Neogaf isn't saying he lives in Brazil, they are more saying that the leaker nationality itself is Brazilian.
Yeah, I know - that's what I'm going with.

I'm just kind of surprised someone would have a taste in computer monitors from another country. Seems like very nuanced taste, but hey, I'm not judging.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
It's funny that nobody is talking about how the same leak that talked about the koopalings also talked about Alph being an alt for Olimar.
I think that's cool.

I just hope the announcer refers to the characters correctly. It'd be weird to hear him call Roy "Bowser Jr." or Alph "Olimar".

SolCalibre

One of UK's Best Sonics, apparently.
NNID
Solcalibur64
Umm, have you guys seen Brazilian women? Everything is better in Brazil. It's the place to be.

Also gives a whole lot more meaning to the "ESRBoob(e)" thing :p
/world cup

Inb4Brazilianmob

Last edited:

HAEJIN

Smash Apprentice

Brazil hosts World Cup
Brazilians protests against Dilma

2+0+1+4 = 7 >>>> Brazil proceeds to get 7-1 against Germany in semi-finals on World Cup

Leaker is Brazilian

GUYS IT ALL MAKES SENSE, CAN'T YOU SEE?

Last edited:

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
I know haha, I just really wanted to use your name as a pun because I still can't get over the amazingness of it
I feel you :) It's actually the name of an Atlanta based rapper who I'm a fan of

mainly because the name is actually amazing indeed :D

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
It's funny that nobody is talking about how the same leak that talked about the koopalings also talked about Alph being an alt for Olimar.
I think that's cool.

I just hope the announcer refers to the characters correctly. It'd be weird to hear him call Roy "Bowser Jr." or Alph "Olimar".
Daisy Peach is still Peach and Blood Falcon Captain Falcon is still Captain Falcon. Wouldn't count on it.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
I don't understand all the hate for the roster/clones. Melee is the most beloved Smash game of them all, and the roster is about half the size, and has clones like Pichu, Falco, Roy, Dr. Mario, and Young Link. That's 20% of the roster being clones. I feel like expectations for some are just impossibly high.

Regarding the leak, I'm so glad it's real. Even if we don't get any more characters than what's confirmed, I'll be ecstatic. I didn't initially want Bowser Jr (or DHD), but the Koopaling alts and the Koopa car totally sold me. Sakurai is the man! :D

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535

Brazil hosts World Cup

2+0+1+4 = 7 >>>> Brazil proceeds to get 7-1 against Germany in semi-finals on World Cup

Leaker is Brazilian

Please, what this really means is:
BRAZILLIAN SOCCER PLAYER CONFIRMED! :laugh:

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
What?

No one's life is at risk.

People need to cal down.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
This guys clearly loves the booty. I mean, look at these pics...

In all honesty, the trophy booty shots are what prove that he has a copy of the game and could control the angle of the trophy viewing.

lavadeira

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1736-0917-9729

Brazil hosts World Cup

Leaker is Brazilian

#nãovaiterleak

On-topic, I don't believe Dark Pit is gonna be an outright clone.

Last edited:

HAEJIN

Smash Apprentice
Why everyone is assuming that the NoA leaker lives in Brazil?

If the information we gathered around until now is true, the NoA leaker simply leaked the images and videos to other peoples/groups, that later would leak those informations on internet.

One of those people/group could be a brazilian/a person with a brazilian monitor.

Nobody is saying he lives in Brazil, we are saying that his nationality is Brazilian, OR he just has weird tastes on monitor, considering those Positivo monitors are worse than monitors sold at 'Murica.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Kinda sad how we have 7 mario characters and none of them are waluigi.
Hell, we have 2 Marios if the leak is true (and in Melee). We might even have 3 if Paper Mario joins unexpectedly. At least Paper Mario much more different to regular Mario like how Toon Link and regular Link are (Young Link was basically mini-Link).

Daisy would have been a neat idea since she's supposedly the "tomboy princess" and her moveset could have just revolved around sports like having her throws be based on judo and wrestling, her specials based on soccer/football, track and field, baseball, cricket, etc., and her normals and smashes could involve a hockey stick, gymnastics, boxing, etc. This is why I don't get when people say that Daisy would just be a clone.

Now, Waluigi would be putting the "wa" in wacky and could end up being a ridiculously (disturbing) dangerous character. Random tennis, ballet, ice skating, voodoo, shoe-throwing, or whatever else is crazy like pie-throwing!

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
That was Brawl, this is a new game, we're not sure how it'll work. Anyways, there's also holes in the Pyrosphere so Ridley could have possibly made those by flying through them. He could also be flying there for a single second and the devs just capture that pic.

There's honestly a lot of explanations, whether he's playable or a boss remains to be seem.
Right now I'm leaning towards boss but I would not mind seeing him playable.
Only 1 of them could be done like that and it was in Other M. Other holes are most likely damaged parts of the wall and are not big enough for Ridley to fit in.

That is why i hate the whole Ridley's role being unrevealed situation. It would be an insult for me if there will be Dr.Mario and Dark Pit (who also shouldn't got in as a 3rd rep since KI got only recently ressurected and has only few games), who are just clones, in an Nintendo All-Star game, but not Metroid's 2nd most important character who appeared in a lot more games than any of KI characters and has more important role than Dark Pit in Metroid games than Dark Pit's role in KI games. I wouldn't care much since i have another way of getting a playable Ridley.
I don't understand all the hate for the roster/clones. Melee is the most beloved Smash game of them all, and the roster is about half the size, and has clones like Pichu, Falco, Roy, Dr. Mario, and Young Link. That's 20% of the roster being clones. I feel like expectations for some are just impossibly high.

Regarding the leak, I'm so glad it's real. Even if we don't get any more characters than what's confirmed, I'll be ecstatic. I didn't initially want Bowser Jr (or DHD), but the Koopaling alts and the Koopa car totally sold me. Sakurai is the man! :D
Melee is beloved for its gameplay mostly. Clones are like original characters, but with a bit different attributes and models. It feels like a waste of time or it is a disappointment if that character could have a better and more fitting moveset (*coughGanondorfcough*). Also, who LIKES Melee Pichu? I never heard anyone wanting EXACTLY Melee Pichu.
How about no
Then i will make your face the greates in KoriDIE. Or else you will DIE!

Last edited:

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
Daisy Peach is still Peach and Blood Falcon Captain Falcon is still Captain Falcon. Wouldn't count on it.
Well the difference there is that it was just alternate colors (and an alternate chest piece for peach).
From the sounds of this leak, these are complete alternate models, like Male and Female WFT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom