• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAEJIN

Smash Apprentice
Umm, have you guys seen Brazilian women? Everything is better in Brazil. It's the place to be.

Also gives a whole lot more meaning to the "ESRBoob(e)" thing :p
Whatever you guys been watching on TV about Brazil. It's not true.

Trust me guys, **** over here is pretty crazy. America is a really good place when you look over here.

R0Y

Smash Master
I wish I was Brazilian so I could be like all those beautiful women...

...and monitors.
Different strokes for different folks...

...that monitor brand though isn't good apparently.

PingPongCop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bottlecapn
3DS FC
2938-8474-3044
I play Ganondorf because I like Ganondorf. I wish he had his own moveset, especially since Pit has now had 2. Bowser was revamped, why can't Ganondorf be? I have no issue with clones, as long as they make sense, but there is NO REASON Ganondorf should STILL be one.
Also, I'll curse if I damn well feel like it.
...Pit and Bowser got changed movesets because they were clones of....?

Perhaps they don't want another swordsman and Ganondorf would look so FREAKING WIERD as an actual warlock.

You're saying you like Ganon, but not his moveset, but you still play him? Logic! :D

T

Trick or Treat

If it makes you feel any better, Mario's running out of newcomers so he's got to be high on the list for Smash 5. I hope.
Yeah, since they'll cut Rosalina because of "technical issues" trying to implement her in Smash Bros Mobile.

Yes I'm still filled with vinegar over Ice Climbers potentially being cut.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
Have you guys listened to the Japan Time and the Bitblock discussions about these leaks? I can post the links if y'all would like. Some very pleasant discussion about all of this. Those that have a negative perception of the leak might find some insight into other perspective.

The discussions don't have anything on the videos but they both do assume that the leak is true.

Spiderfog

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spiderfog
3DS FC
4425-1483-7986
Didn't say anything about movesets, I said characters. Brawl had 39. This one has 48 (IF the CSS leak is of the full roster). Meaning we only get 9 more overall characters, 3 being last-minute clones, on top of six unique characters being cut. 15-20 new unique movesets is great, but you know what's better? Keeping at least a couple of those unique movesets you threw away for no reason.
The CSS leak isn't the full roster. All-Star Mode wasn't unlocked, and the leaker said so himself.

Here are 3 going around from another leak:

According to this, which is most likely accurate, we still have Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie Kong, and the Chorus Men.

Also, they had no choice but to Ice Climbers. Sakurai said in an interview around Christmas that they've been having a lot of trouble trying to get the Ice Climbers to function correctly in the 3DS version.

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Only 1 of them could be done like that and it was in Other M. Other holes are most likely damaged parts of the wall and are not big enough for Ridley to fit in./quote]

Pyrosphere is based off Other M.

But I do agree about Dark Pit getting a spot and not other worthy characters.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Because those clearly take the same amount of resources and development time.
Then why even bother? Or turn them into alts if you REALLY want to have them included. That requires even LESS resources and development time. 2 new characters is better than 20 clones.
Waluigi is with Wario tho.
He isn't. He is Mario character. Officialy, he is. He never appeared in Wario games.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Duck Hunt Dog and Clown Car almost make Sakurai not seem crazy.
I just hope the added character alts to plump the roster were not because the roster was small.

Here's to five more characters, or even six, because random can later be allocated to a button!
Or more, because we can add rows and columns!

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
This thread went from discussion about the leak to a debate about Brazilian people in one refresh.

T

Trick or Treat

The CSS leak isn't the full roster. All-Star Mode wasn't unlocked, and the leaker said so himself.

Here are 3 going around from another leak:

According to this, which is most likely accurate, we still have Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie Kong, and the Chorus Men.

Also, they had no choice but to Ice Climbers. Sakurai said in an interview around Christmas that they've been having a lot of trouble trying to get the Ice Climbers to function correctly in the 3DS version.
As far as Ice Climbers though, I understand that. I just kinda wish he wasn't so set on keeping the rosters the same. They couldn't be the one exception?

ToonAdri

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Toonadri
Dark Pit is the best character added.
Now it's Dark Pit Taim!
Reyn:Dawn,we not's reyn time?
Shulk:Because now it's DA MONADOUS PAWAH TAIM
Reyn:Oh...

R0Y

Smash Master
I don't even think smash 5 is coming. I have a feeling this is the last smash game
Maybe Sakurai's, but he has no residual right to the IP with which he can block Nintendo from making sequels to one of their biggest cash cows.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
It's funny that nobody is talking about how the same leak that talked about the koopalings also talked about Alph being an alt for Olimar.
I think that's cool.

I just hope the announcer refers to the characters correctly. It'd be weird to hear him call Roy "Bowser Jr." or Alph "Olimar".
I feel the same way. I'm sooo excited for this! I think since it would be a totally different character model, Sakurai would have the foresight to change the names. Even if the announcer just said Koopaling (not preferred), it would be better than calling Wendy O. Koopa by Bowser Jr. lol

Raijinken

Smash Master
Gotta say, I'd gladly trade the ICs for Duck Hunt. Duck Hunt was part of my childhood (still got that zapper sitting in my closet), Ice Climber was just a part of Melee's roster.

Either way, hoping to see some debut trailers soon. Those are exciting in a way no leak can match.

Except Rosalina's. I thought I was getting Air Ride 2 and all I get is more representation bloat for Mario. Screw that.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
Tbh, if Mewtwo and Ridley are in the game, then 3/4's of the people that had a problem with the roster would immediately get over it

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Because what else will be added? Unless Ridley, Mewtwo AND K.Rool are not in this one, then it will just become pointless since characters (like Waluigi, Sylux, Daisy, Tingle, etc) will JUST get added because there is no other worthy characters left.
Pyrosphere is based off Other M.

But I do agree about Dark Pit getting a spot and not other worthy characters.
No way! I never though that Geothermal Power Plant Pyrosphere (why did they renamed it?), a stage from Other M, is based off Other M version of it.
I know about that. I meant that only 1 of those holes could be used and that hole was made when Ridley broke through it (just like you said) while escaping the fight in Other M.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
You know, I've thought about it, and I think I've found out who the leaker is. JC couldn't contain his hype and decided that he'd leak the games, pretending to be ESRB so he wouldn't be caught. I have no evidence of this whatsoever, BUT IT'S TRUE AND YOU CAN'T QUESTION MY SUPERIOR LOGIC.

YOU CAN'T

JC DA LEAKER

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
Nobody is saying he lives in Brazil, we are saying that his nationality is Brazilian, OR he just has weird tastes on monitor, considering those Positivo monitors are worse than monitors sold at 'Murica.
Still not what I meant. The NoA leaker is not even brazilian or uses a Positivo monitor.(probably)

BUT, the people that he LEAKED the leaks may be brazilians/ positivo monitors. Hence the pictures taken from that monitor.

All this positive monitoring thing is giving me headache...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom